PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife Prime Property / Trading Post - Las Galletas, Tenerife

Indigo
04-11-2011, 21:29
Hi guys, cant reply to the original thread as its on the old forum but was just wondering if anyone had a problems with these lately?

http://old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=77894&page=1

I noticed their office has closed down and ive heard on the grapevine that they have moved office and changed name again. Due to the shear amount of people who PM'd me after i put the original thread up about being in a similar situation, it would be interesting to know if any of you lost out when they closed down. Hopefully not though.

Tinkabel
04-11-2011, 22:41
Didn't they move opposite the harbour? They certainly still seem to be trading but i would never consider using them again, once bitten twice shy, although luckily for us we now rent direct through the owner so not only do we get it cheaper the landlord is assured he's going to get his rent and bills paid.

CIM
05-11-2011, 02:26
They did have an office opposite the marina but are no longer there.
Someone told me George is now working from home - how true that is I dont know. Havent seen him around for ages but both his websites are still up and running so I presume they are still in business.

atlantico
05-11-2011, 13:26
I was informed that they'd ceased trading

Indigo
05-11-2011, 20:57
Didn't they move opposite the harbour? They certainly still seem to be trading but i would never consider using them again, once bitten twice shy, although luckily for us we now rent direct through the owner so not only do we get it cheaper the landlord is assured he's going to get his rent and bills paid.

Yeah thats what we're doing now. Its so much better being able to deal with the landlord direct.

Indigo
13-01-2012, 20:21
I've been given new information that these guys have now taken over the bookshop in the front half of Tenerife Auction Rooms at Las Chafiras and are also trading their estate agency from there as well. Not sure what name they are trading under this time though, but I'm sure they would have changed it once again. Please be careful if dealing with them.

andy pandy
29-05-2013, 10:42
Hi guys. I have just returned from Tenerife where I was for a month holidays. My husband and I were shown a property for rent by a lady called Carol who we believe owns Tenerife Prime Properties Las Chafiris who we have read is an arm of The Trading Post. Are you referring to these people as we were considering renting a property through them and now we are concerned. Thanks

CIM
29-05-2013, 23:55
A lady called Carol worked in there when they had an office in Las Galletas so it sounds like the same people.

andy pandy
30-05-2013, 10:47
Thanks. She seemed very nice when she showed us the property but wasn't very forthcoming when we asked where the owner lived and had the property been previously let as it needed quite a bit done to it to bring it up to what we would have liked. We are looking for a 2-3 bed detached house preferably where we can rent long term with our 2 small 7 year old dogs and starting August/Septembet. If anyone out there has one please let us know. Maximium rental 600 euros Thanks

slodgedad
30-05-2013, 11:33
Thanks. She seemed very nice when she showed us the property but wasn't very forthcoming when we asked where the owner lived and had the property been previously let as it needed quite a bit done to it to bring it up to what we would have liked. We are looking for a 2-3 bed detached house preferably where we can rent long term with our 2 small 7 year old dogs and starting August/Septembet. If anyone out there has one please let us know. Maximium rental 600 euros Thanks

AP, why not start a thread HERE (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/forumdisplay.php?103-Long-lets-in-Tenerife)

Desperate Dan
22-04-2014, 11:13
Hello.
I just joined, because I was on the point of renting from TPP when I found a thread here that leads the reader to understand that dealing with them may not be the wisest of decisions.

They, not surprisingly, claim to be the victims of anonymous viciousness on the part of just one person, "who has now apologised to them", but there appear to be several people involved in the posts about them.

Can anyone with "authority" in this community
- confirm that the multiple users on that thread are real, and
- either confirm or invalidate (I'm not, obviously, expecting specifics, here) whether the allegations (albeit a couple of years old) have any valid basis?

The flat is in sight of where I work - fingers crossed they're ok!

Regards, Dan.

junglejim
22-04-2014, 12:09
Welcome to Forum - this is old thread - I donīt know anything about them,but perhaps others do .

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?10890-Tenerife-Prime-Property-Trading-Post-Las-Galletas-Tenerife

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Welcome to Forum - this is old thread - I donīt know anything about them,but perhaps others do .

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?10890-Tenerife-Prime-Property-Trading-Post-Las-Galletas-Tenerife

AL JAY
22-04-2014, 12:55
3 of the posts in that thread are by bona fide well respected members of this fine forum,one is actually a moderator,im not sure whether or not the OP still posts on here,Hope this helps!

Ecky Thump
22-04-2014, 13:31
Hello.
I just joined, because I was on the point of renting from TPP when I found a thread here that leads the reader to understand that dealing with them may not be the wisest of decisions.

They, not surprisingly, claim to be the victims of anonymous viciousness on the part of just one person, "who has now apologised to them", but there appear to be several people involved in the posts about them.

Can anyone with "authority" in this community
- confirm that the multiple users on that thread are real, and
- either confirm or invalidate (I'm not, obviously, expecting specifics, here) whether the allegations (albeit a couple of years old) have any valid basis?

The flat is in sight of where I work - fingers crossed they're ok!

Regards, Dan.

Dan, send a Private Message to either of the following forum members, who are both very well respected in the property market and they may be able to offer sound advice..... They are Young Golfer and CIM

Desperate Dan
22-04-2014, 17:18
Thank you all for your welcome and feedback.

I will accept the invitation to PM, as soon as I've read the "how to"....:)

Ecky Thump
22-04-2014, 17:40
Thank you all for your welcome and feedback.

I will accept the invitation to PM, as soon as I've read the "how to"....:)

Dan, I've sent you a pm hopefully explaining how to send a message.:laugh:

YOUNG GOLFER
22-04-2014, 18:37
Cant seem to reply to you email Dan.......but I only rent out properties around my area and that's in Torviscas.

I know CIM used to live in the area you are looking at...maybe he can give you some info on where to go and the ones to avoid.

Just make sure you are on the ball when it comes to contracts, deposits finders fees etc or take someone with you who knows their way around these things.

Thanks Ecky for the nice words hope you are well mate.

Desperate Dan
22-04-2014, 18:46
Thanks, YG.
Mail problem is probably due to my being an old fart - took too long writing to you, got "not sent, not logged in", re-logged in, and the mail was in "sent".... (thank you, in passing, to those who built and maintain the site, as well as all those who have written to me).

Thanks for the info and suggestions.
Dan

kingbaker
22-04-2014, 20:12
Dan, I've sent you a pm hopefully explaining how to send a message.:laugh:

You're a genious ET....a genious!!:p

Ecky Thump
22-04-2014, 20:19
You're a genious ET....a genious!!:p

They say it takes one to know one, but I'm not sure that this is the case.:whistle:

kingbaker
22-04-2014, 20:39
Ha ha Et. You sent him a pm explaining how a pm works.
Now why didnt I think of that......oh yes he doesnt know about pms:what::(:p:rolleyes:;):);):(

Ecky Thump
22-04-2014, 20:49
Ha ha Et. You sent him a pm explaining how a pm works.
Now why didnt I think of that......oh yes he doesnt know about pms:what::(:p:rolleyes:;):);):(

I sent it in Braile, so he didn't have to read it!:stupid:

kingbaker
22-04-2014, 20:59
I sent it in Braile, so he didn't have to read it!:stupid:

Im sure it was ok...just seemed funny thats all.:D:p

Desperate Dan
22-04-2014, 21:05
I got an email notification, which worked a treat.... but it did, at 1st sight, look like testiculation. :)

Ecky Thump
22-04-2014, 21:06
Im sure it was ok...just seemed funny thats all.:D:p

It is now when I read the thread again.:laugh:

marbro8
22-04-2014, 23:00
You're a genious ET....a genious!!:phow did you know he looked like ET?:laugh::wink:

Andy0210
22-04-2014, 23:15
I currently rent through the said people, i have been renting my house for almost 18 months, i have to say i have had no problems whilst renting with them, when i have had problems regarding the house, ie, the boiler failing or problems with electrics they have just allowed me to get them sorted, pay for it and deduct it from my rent with the next months payment as long as i provide an invoice.

I canīt speak about not getting a deposit back as have never been in that situation however as of yet i have to say i have had no problems at all, i deal with Carol and she has always been very fair with me over the time i have rented my house, even when i have been a little late with my rent on a couple of occasions they have always been understanding as long as i keep them informed of whats happening.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I currently rent through the said people, i have been renting my house for almost 18 months, i have to say i have had no problems whilst renting with them, when i have had problems regarding the house, ie, the boiler failing or problems with electrics they have just allowed me to get them sorted, pay for it and deduct it from my rent with the next months payment as long as i provide an invoice.

I canīt speak about not getting a deposit back as have never been in that situation however as of yet i have to say i have had no problems at all, i deal with Carol and she has always been very fair with me over the time i have rented my house, even when i have been a little late with my rent on a couple of occasions due to major breakdowns with my van they have always been understanding as long as i keep them informed of whats happening.

marbro8
22-04-2014, 23:23
there you go then dan a bonafide happy customer who is a regular real life poster on the tf:wink:, to be honest with regards to the so called posts on unhappy customers, they did seem a little patchy and lacking in info:wink:

Desperate Dan
22-04-2014, 23:27
Many thanks, Andy - very useful post.

Andy0210
22-04-2014, 23:29
No probs, sometimes a balanced view is needed, as i said, not been in a deposit situation with them but of the 18 months that have passed i have had no problems at all and i still currently rent through them.

Desperate Dan
26-04-2014, 21:53
At what time might one hope to find men of wit and wisdom looking to have a drink in or near El Mirador, a week tomorrow?

Ecky Thump
26-04-2014, 22:05
��
At what time might one hope to find men of wit and wisdom looking to have a drink in or near El Mirador, a week tomorrow?

I'm not a person known for wit or wisdom, but I will be taking a wee libation down my throat within the El Mirador area!:laugh:

Also, I'm sure that marbro8 will be involved in the swallowing of some amber nectar.:idea:

Desperate Dan
26-04-2014, 22:13
If you two would like to suggest a time, I'm up for getting the first couple of rounds for you, andy, cim, yg, kb..... and anybody else who knows me.

kingbaker
27-04-2014, 00:07
If you two would like to suggest a time, I'm up for getting the first couple of rounds for you, andy, cim, yg, kb..... and anybody else who knows me.

Thanx I'll have 10 litres Dorada and Monkey (my friend) will have a barrel of Rioja ....thanks!!!
Carefull of ET....hes a thirsty git!! And as for Marbro......I shudder to think:p:rolleyes::D:p;)

Ecky Thump
27-04-2014, 10:08
Thanx I'll have 10 litres Dorada and Monkey (my friend) will have a barrel of Rioja ....thanks!!!
Carefull of ET....hes a thirsty git!! And as for Marbro......I shudder to think:p:rolleyes::D:p;)

I'm surprised that marbro8 haven't responded to this invitation, he's either ill or laying comatosed at the though of a free drink!:laugh:

primrose
27-04-2014, 10:40
I'm surprised that marbro8 haven't responded to this invitation, he's either ill or laying comatosed at the though of a free drink!:laugh:

Perhaps he is getting ready.:shower:

marbro8
27-04-2014, 12:25
I'm surprised that marbro8 haven't responded to this invitation, he's either ill or laying comatosed at the though of a free drink!:laugh:good afternoon:hi:, we were out last night at the bescot stadium getting in practice for all the free drink@desperate dan will be supplying:lol:,

Ecky Thump
27-04-2014, 12:34
good afternoon:hi:, we were out last night at the bescot stadium getting in practice for all the free drink@desperate dan will be supplying:lol:,

Well at least the price of a pint at Taylor's bar will be a lot cheaper than at Bescot Stadium, and apart from you, no mad Walsall fans!:cheeky:

Oops, I forgot, you are the only Walsall football fan.:laugh:

Tinkabel
02-05-2014, 18:17
I rented from them a few years ago when they were based in Las Galletas and called The Trading Post. I had an email one day from my landlord asking why i hadn't paid the rent for the last few months. I assured him i had and sent a copy of my receipts. It turned out The Trading Post hadn't sent him the money, they'd been too busy according to George at the time. We currently rent direct from the owner but he has never received the money which was owed to him and we never had our deposit returned. We do know people who had no problems while renting from them but its not a risk we would retake.