PDA

View Full Version : Where can I hire a Skip in south Tenerife?

Graceylacey
05-11-2011, 16:30
More questions for the forum!

Where can I hire a skip from so that I can clear garden rubbish from my front garden? :dontknow:

Does anyone know a rough price too??

Also where is the best place buy cheap but ok astro turf (false grass??)

julia44
05-11-2011, 16:54
Dont know where you live but Higinio Tabares in Chio charge 80€ for rubbish, however 50€ for escumbro which is breeze blocks etc and maybe garden waste would come under that. You get the skip for 4 days. 922850262
As for the turf, sorry I have real grass and it was free from the egg man

mike in chayofa
05-11-2011, 17:30
The garden centre near Camping Nauta have a display stand with three different qualities and designs of artificial grass. Sorry I don't know the prices.

My neighbour in the house below had No-mow put down and several years later it still looks good and authentic. The neighbour to my right had cheap artificial grass put down and within a few months, it had faded and looked like a green carpet. It has now been covered with white pebbles.

Just something to think about

Graceylacey
05-11-2011, 17:49
Thanks for that, What I am trying to do is cover where I have pebbles and my growing kittens are now starting to use it as a toilet and it now smells like a toilet!!

I want to cover it over. I was going to get it done properly and get it tiled but now I am out of a job it has to be done cheaply!! Hence why I will clear the stones etc!!!

The No mow sounds great, but am still a little worried whilst it is growing ( does it need to??) the cats will still use it??

But certainly dont like the idea of the flase grass looking like a green carpet after a while!!!

Ok maybe back to the drawing board for idea.....

Tom & Sharon
05-11-2011, 17:56
We've got "No mow". It's certainly not cheap, but they do a fabulous job, and it's got an 8 yr guarantee.

As for skips, I'm sure Ferreteria Goyo in Armenime do them.

Graceylacey
05-11-2011, 22:30
We've got "No mow". It's certainly not cheap, but they do a fabulous job, and it's got an 8 yr guarantee.

As for skips, I'm sure Ferreteria Goyo in Armenime do them.

Thanks for that, can I ask where you got the No Mow from, do you have a contact number?

Tom & Sharon
05-11-2011, 23:01
Thanks for that, can I ask where you got the No Mow from, do you have a contact number?

Yes, here they are - http://www.nomow.es/english.htm

Graceylacey
06-11-2011, 12:14
Thanks for that I will give them a ring in the morning!