PDA

View Full Version : Other Coastal Walk from Los Cristianos

Angusjim
06-11-2011, 10:18
How far can you walk down the coast from Los Cristianos, is La Calleta the limit or can you walk on to say Playa Parasio or further? What is total length in miles ( don't do the metric thing ) for this route ?

Tom & Sharon
06-11-2011, 11:02
How far can you walk down the coast from Los Cristianos, is La Calleta the limit or can you walk on to say Playa Parasio or further? What is total length in miles ( don't do the metric thing ) for this route ?

Jim
Measured it as 6.68miles on Google Earth.
I have done this walk several times,usually from La Caleta to Los Chris and met Sharon in a bar in Los Chris (No change there then :lol:)

Not sure if you can go past La Caleta?

Tom

Vortex Wake
06-11-2011, 11:24
The bit beyond La Caleta requires plenty of time and good footwear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrW9wbJR1H8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Angusjim
09-11-2011, 13:44
Jim
Measured it as 6.68miles on Google Earth.
I have done this walk several times,usually from La Caleta to Los Chris and met Sharon in a bar in Los Chris (No change there then :lol:)

Not sure if you can go past La Caleta?

Tom

Tom at least you know where you are with Sharon she is either shopping or boozing ( or complaining about holiday makers ) :cheeky:

The bit beyond La Caleta requires plenty of time and good footwear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrW9wbJR1H8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thanks VW the track does look a bit dodgy do you or anyone else know if you can go past La Calleta ?

Davie Thistle
09-11-2011, 15:04

When we stayed in Port Royale we did "the walk" from PR to La Caleta - ish
and back! never again!
I've never been so knackered!:sleeping:
when we got back to PR I was straight in the pool fully clothed!
And that was on good tarmac'd roads!!
don't know if we will ever know how far we can walk unless some kind person tells us!!

Angusjim
09-11-2011, 15:18

When we stayed in Port Royale we did "the walk" from PR to La Caleta - ish
and back! never again!
I've never been so knackered!:sleeping:
when we got back to PR I was straight in the pool fully clothed!
And that was on good tarmac'd roads!!
don't know if we will ever know how far we can walk unless some kind person tells us!!

Hi Davie how long did it take there and then how long back ? I am looking to arrange a sponsered walk sometime next year to support a couple of charities. We are perhaps looking at coming to Tenerife to do this and are looking for a nice safe route with lots of people going about thats not to easy / not too difficult if you know what I mean. I was thinking this route might suit but if anyone has any other ideas let me have your suggestions
Jim

YOUNG GOLFER
09-11-2011, 15:45
Jim you can walk right along the coast past La Caleta but if it is a hard walk up and down a few rocks a little bit dangerous though for a sponsored walk.
Please give us more details on what you plan to do i am sure a few members would love to join in and help raise a bit of cash.

junglejim
09-11-2011, 15:53
Hi AJ I usually walk to La Caleta from Puerto Colon area / takes about 30-40 mins reasonable pace - I reckon the same to Los Cristianos from Puerto Colon .
Once you get to back of La Caleta there is a track up the hill to what is regarded as a " nature reserve "- scrubland as in video .
Why not continue up hill on road to Adeje and feast on garlic chicken in Oasis or the like and get the bus back !
Or go into Adeje golf club at top of road and have the buffet ?
Link to google map at back of La caleta

http://maps.google.es/maps?q=adeje&hl=es&ll=28.102033,-16.757012&spn=0.001195,0.002642&sll=40.396764,-3.713379&sspn=8.447406,21.643066&vpsrc=6&hnear=Adeje,+Santa+Cruz+de+Tenerife,+Islas+Canaria s&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=28.102139,-16.757064&panoid=SFab4MJMucAJzCQy4c0N_w&cbp=12,242.52,,1,-0.2

Go up stairs to get onto path - check satelite view of path .

Angusjim
09-11-2011, 17:08
[QUOTE=YOUNG GOLFER;114385]Jim you can walk right along the coast past La Caleta but if it is a hard walk up and down a few rocks a little bit dangerous though for a sponsored walk.
Please give us more details on what you plan to do i am sure a few members would love to join in and help raise a bit of cash.[/QUOTE

Plans are a bit early doors at the moment and i need to get agreement from my fellow walkers as to where and when we will do this I will keep in touch:)

Vortex Wake
09-11-2011, 17:42
There are plenty of distractions on the way from La Caleta to Playa Paraiso........

La Caleta onwards ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KpdI3zJMlw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xX_6tDTm4k

Davie Thistle
09-11-2011, 22:46
Hi Davie how long did it take there and then how long back ? I am looking to arrange a sponsered walk sometime next year to support a couple of charities. We are perhaps looking at coming to Tenerife to do this and are looking for a nice safe route with lots of people going about thats not to easy / not too difficult if you know what I mean. I was thinking this route might suit but if anyone has any other ideas let me have your suggestions
Jim

Awritey AJ?
we did it at our own pace kiddo, all Day! bout 6/7 hours!
it was'nt a route-march like your planning!
you know,
D went into a shop & I went into a Pub type thing! we walked right along the sea walkway till we had to go on main roads, then follow'd the roads -Ave Rafael Puig to colon, fanabe and round the bays as far as we could go,
lots of wee roads you can take but I'd stick to the main drag as far as it goes!

it's quite strange at the end of the road, it just ends!
and the earie fealing you get is very overpowering! you feal lost! we could'nt wait to get back to civilisation!
so on the way back we stuck to the main roads!
great walk but very hard specially in the sun!
done it once, thats enuff for me!
we still walk, but stop mibbees at La Pinta up the red stairs to the pub at a Euro a pint! and head back.
D.

marbro8
09-11-2011, 23:02
we have managed to walk from the arona gran to del duque and back in about 4 hours i think? but we have also taken about 8 hours lol, it all depends on how many times you stop for a drink lol, but we have never actually gone all the way to la caletta but we will do it one day, i wonder how far la coletta is from del duque?:dontknow:

junglejim
13-11-2011, 17:31
we have managed to walk from the arona gran to del duque and back in about 4 hours i think? but we have also taken about 8 hours lol, it all depends on how many times you stop for a drink lol, but we have never actually gone all the way to la caletta but we will do it one day, i wonder how far la coletta is from del duque?:dontknow:

I reckon 15 mins from Bahia del Duque to La Caletta - no watering holes until you get there though!

Sunlover
13-11-2011, 20:44
from los chris to La caleta is a pleasant stroll of a walk, altho I have not done all of it at once. Stayed at Paraiso one year and went to look at walking from there to caleta but decided it was too rough without boots, lots of water and a companion. Footpath is quite rough with lots of loose stones and rocks, quite barren, and good twisted ankle and knee territory!