PDA

View Full Version : Other If you always go to Tenerife on holiday, why don't you go other places?

duquessa
07-11-2011, 14:00
If you always go to Tenerife what do you say if people say why dont you go somewhere else isnt it samey?

TOTO 99
07-11-2011, 15:05
Easy, if they'd care to finance my next holiday I'll go wherever they think would be suitable. 'Till then......

Manx Tartan
07-11-2011, 15:34
Good weather, good food, good beaches, and decent beer. Why would you want to go anywhere else.:cheeky:

Santiago
07-11-2011, 15:53
If you always go to Tenerife what do you say if people say why dont you go somewhere else isnt it samey?

Well, the answer to your query is both "yes" and "no". In the 37 years I have visited Tenerife it has changed enormously. Thus, it isn't samey because there is always something new to see and explore.

On the other hand, it is also always familiar. From that first moment when you emerge into the sunlight as you step off the plane and smell that particular warm Tenerife smell, to the lady in the exchange shop who always remembers you and updates you on her daughter's progress, (from being in a pram to now graduating from university).

The people you meet may not be the same people you met last time. The shops and restaurants may still be owned by the families who have owned them for years - or they may have changed hands many times.

Whatever Tenerife has got I am more than happy to experience. Rain or shine, hot or very hot, whatever it is it is never "Samey". Long may we all continue to enjoy the island.

:sunburn:

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2011, 16:20
Well, the answer to your query is both "yes" and "no". In the 37 years I have visited Tenerife it has changed enormously. Thus, it isn't samey because there is always something new to see and explore.

On the other hand, it is also always familiar. From that first moment when you emerge into the sunlight as you step off the plane and smell that particular warm Tenerife smell, to the lady in the exchange shop who always remembers you and updates you on her daughter's progress, (from being in a pram to now graduating from university).

The people you meet may not be the same people you met last time. The shops and restaurants may still be owned by the families who have owned them for years - or they may have changed hands many times.

Whatever Tenerife has got I am more than happy to experience. Rain or shine, hot or very hot, whatever it is it is never "Samey". Long may we all continue to enjoy the island.

Couldn't have put it better myself !!

The great "Samey" - Adeje chicken

Davie Thistle
07-11-2011, 16:28

I go 'samey' as I feal comfortable in Tenerife,
If I'm ok then :the Boss' enjoys her hols too!

also guaranteed sun! tis all we really want!
as we have done all the touristy fingy
been it seen it done it got the tenerife t/shirt!
plus we've got family on the Island

I don't have the urge? to go anywhere else,
sept mibbees to visit family on Majorka!
:spin:

Margaretta
07-11-2011, 20:16
It's like visiting two separate islands North and South. People mix, are of mixed races and cultures, smile and talk, gaze at the scenery and the sea with awe and respect, enjoy the variety of food and drink offered, the colours, the sports and the climate.
The island has everything needed for a great holiday and there is always somewhere new to explore. The 'old familiars' somehow don't get boring.
I wonder what the 'new island' forming to the south west of El Hierro will offer???:wink:

slodgedad
07-11-2011, 20:29
In the 37 years I have visited Tenerife it has changed enormously. Thus, it isn't samey because there is always something new to see and explore.

I have lived here since 1994 and still find new things to do.

Everything changes as time goes by and on my frequent visits to town there is always something new, plus the familiar places which is why most people return to a place.

I'd be annoyed if I went back to the UK for a holiday and everything had changed.

captain beefheart
07-11-2011, 20:44
after holidaying in most of europe, the far east and america. I find Tenerife has everything that I want and need. when people say to me "you always go there" my answers always the same, I've tried the rest , Tenerifes the very best. after over 20 continuous hollidays on the island we will be returning in febuary .

TenerifeFanatic
07-11-2011, 22:21
I always reply "each to their own!" Bottom line is, I love Tenerife its people and its culture!:tiphat:

Bob_W
08-11-2011, 16:45
Our reply is "We have been somewhere else but nowhere else keps us coming back except Tenerife"
:raspberry2:

warbey
08-11-2011, 21:01
I wish Someone asked Me that question, but they dont.
Why, because Theyve all had Their answer and Some have gone to see if I was Truthful.
No complaints Yet........

Sal
08-11-2011, 21:18
We have spent several years holidaying in Tenerife alone. We only get two holidays a year and we know Tenerife will never disappoint.

Last year we spent our second holiday in Rhodes - but after a couple of days wished we had chosen Tenerife instead, mainly due to the weather and the resort being quite run-down.

This year we had our second holiday in Fuerteventura and loved it! We would certainly go again.

Next year we are planning two holidays in lovely familiar Tenerife!

marbro8
08-11-2011, 23:30
I always reply "each to their own!" Bottom line is, I love Tenerife its people and its culture!:tiphat:same here, we have been to america,majorca,france, holland,cyprus, malta,zante,jersey and turkey but if we had found tenerife first then i don't think we would have found any of the others:wink:

Blyth Spirit
09-11-2011, 12:29
Our reply is "We have been somewhere else but nowhere else keps us coming back except Tenerife"
:raspberry2:

Hit the nail on the head, we've been coming/going to the island for over 10 years at least once a year but a couple of year back it was every six months.

We have always done 2 separate weeks as opposed to one fortnight thus allowing us to go somewhere else but always return to what we class as our second home.

Mind this year we did 2 new places (well new to us that is) Turkey & Portugal, have to say we absolutely loved Icmeler in Turkey and would jump at chance to return we can see why everybody loves Turkey people are so friendly in Icmeler is got a great feeling to it.

However we weren't impressed with Albuferia, old town is lovely but the rest of it is a very poor man's PDLA.
The council is broke apparently, which is fair enough, but for the amount of tourists & money they spend you would have thought they would have tried to keep the place tidy its covered in graffiti.

After Albuferia we cannot wait for our fortnight in PDLA, T minus 30 days and counting :jumping:

Yorkshire Remixer
09-11-2011, 20:41
i visit my parents as i see them bout once a year, so it wouldnt be right going anywhere else!

rob897
13-11-2011, 00:58
this is going to be our 10th time to Tenerife since 2003, the island is great a place to "get away from it all" decent hotels , nice food , good beaches and plus we know the south fairly well. and going to a new place (despite that i would like to do so) would mean you would have to learn about the area.