PDA

View Full Version : Other Gentleman missing in Los Cristianos. Tenerife

caroletenerife
07-11-2011, 20:54
Im not technically competent to download this properly including photograph, if anyone can, please do so. This man went missing in Los Cristianos yesterday x
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001397402450&sk=wall

sunspot
07-11-2011, 21:05
Hopè they find him soon,it must be a huge worry for his family and for him also,lets hope someone finds him safe and well

caroletenerife
07-11-2011, 21:11
Yes it must be scary for both, two weeks ago a man came to the shop and told me he couldn't remember where he was staying, i felt really sorry for him, he got quite upset, but after a cup of tea and ten minutes he remembered. Luckily it was just the Santa Maria, when i walked him back his family where hunting the hotel for him, hopefully this man will be found quickly x

slodgedad
07-11-2011, 23:00
I will make this thread sticky until we have some good news

tizzywizzy
07-11-2011, 23:07
Im not technically competent to download this properly including photograph, if anyone can, please do so. This man went missing in Los Cristianos yesterday x
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001397402450&sk=wall

have posted it here for non facebook members

Missing – Bob Kent1748

Bob Kent is an Alzheimer’s sufferer and has gone missing from his holiday home in Los Cristianos.
Bob and his wife Ann arrived yesterday (Sunday) and unfortunately he wandered out of their complex in Port Royale and hasn’t been seen since.
Bob is 79 about 5ft 7”, ruddy complexion, balding on top and is described as serious looking. When last seen he was wearing navy blue jeans, brown belt, navy trainers, a light blue polo shirt with white and pink stripes and carrying or wearing a light grey Nike jacket with black patches on the sleeve. He wasn’t carrying any money but he is wearing a sliver Medialert bracelet and a black face watch.
Bob and Ann have visited the island on many occasions, so it’s likely that Bob may have wandered down to the Los Cristianos sea front where they would have had friends in the bars and restaurants.
If you see Bob please call Tony on 660 382 868.

slodgedad
07-11-2011, 23:11
Thanks, Tizz..

sunspot
08-11-2011, 00:23
Lets hope theres some good news about Bob soon......................

Chicken Shirl
08-11-2011, 09:19
I do hope they find him soon.....Poor man, his family must be so worried. It's unimaginable what they must be going through.

sunspot
08-11-2011, 10:28
Was hoping to wake up to some good news about Bob

Arona1
08-11-2011, 17:08
Bob Kent has been found alive and well, and in La Gomera! Police notified the family earlier this afternoon, though just how he got there, with no money and no means of identification is still something of a mystery. But he is well and should be reunited with his wife Ann tomorrow.

from island connections

slodgedad
08-11-2011, 17:11
Bob Kent has been found alive and well, and in La Gomera! Police notified the family earlier this afternoon, though just how he got there, with no money and no means of identification is still something of a mystery. But he is well and should be reunited with his wife Ann tomorrow.

from island connections

Fantastic news.............

West mids tyke
08-11-2011, 17:29
thats good news good ending to what could have been something worse

tizzywizzy
08-11-2011, 19:32
that is great news. A happy ending.

sunspot
08-11-2011, 19:34
Great news, hes been on my mind all day,how in the hell did he get over there?

caroletenerife
08-11-2011, 19:50
Great news, hes been on my mind all day,how in the hell did he get over there?
Great news a weight of everyones mind, i agree how did he get there, you cant even skip a bus over here, never mind a ferry x

YOUNG GOLFER
08-11-2011, 21:20
Nice to know he is safe and well.....:)

warbey
08-11-2011, 21:24
It is nice to know He's safe, but having a Relative with it,

I bet His poor Wife has aged 10 Years..

9PLUS
08-11-2011, 21:25
Nice to know he is safe and well

Chicken Shirl
08-11-2011, 21:52
So glad he's safe......Hell fire how did he get over to Gomera.......We will never know.....Good thing is he is back over here and safe tonight:) Terrible thing that Alzheimer's

AL JAY
08-11-2011, 22:03
Thats great news, I wonder how he got on ferry and what he ate etc!

timmylish
09-11-2011, 02:47
Wonderful news but, what the hell was he doing whilst on the Ferry, out in the open in the Atlantic. It does not bear thinking! Poor lady. She is gonna have to have him handcuffed to her soon.

rosemary
09-11-2011, 19:11
La Gomera???? How bizarre. Sounds most intriguing. He had a medialert on him. Doesn´t this give a phone number?

But - and this is from the lady who "dislikes" tatoos - wouldn´t an Alzheimer victim be the ideal cadidate for a discreet phone number, on the inside of a wrist perhaps? Some sort of ID is pretty essential I would have thought.

My oh has just gone out for a walk.....he said as he left "I may be gone some time..." Oh the joy of old age....rolleyes2:

karinagal
09-11-2011, 19:44
A medic alert bracelet or a tattoo will only be of use if someone thinks to look at it.... It sounds like no-one did initially..

Margaretta
09-11-2011, 23:49
Tremendous Relief! I feel so sorry for the man's wife. Will she be able to relax now?....May be worse for her!
I just wonder how he got on the ferry without a ticket...this could have many repercussions, also for children running away, as it seems unchecked.

SuzyQ
10-11-2011, 02:28
Glad the ending is happy. A survey said that people generally fear Alzheimers more than cancer and even death. I completely relate to that. Awful....

dixie4
10-11-2011, 03:30
Glad the ending is happy. A survey said that people generally fear Alzheimers more than cancer and even death. I completely relate to that. Awful....

Alzheimers disease is something to genuinely fear but sadly after a while the sufferer just does not know they have it.

Everyone is different, in my fathers case it took quite a few years of being rather forgetful and doing some crazy things like the man in Los Chris before he became incapable of speech and thought. He is now in a world of his own in a nursing home. He does not know me or my family anymore, he does not respond to photos of his favourite places, he is incontinent and in a wheel chair. Two years ago he was ballroom dancing, swimming in the Lido in Puerto regularly, life and soul of the party, a very sprightly 88 year old.

It is so incredibly heartbreaking to see the rapid decline. They say that it can be hereditry. For me it would have to be a one way ticket to Switzerland or where ever, I would never wish the same on my family.

Leam_Lin
10-11-2011, 07:23
Alzheimers disease is something to genuinely fear but sadly after a while the sufferer just does not know they have it.

Everyone is different, in my fathers case it took quite a few years of being rather forgetful and doing some crazy things like the man in Los Chris before he became incapable of speech and thought. He is now in a world of his own in a nursing home. He does not know me or my family anymore, he does not respond to photos of his favourite places, he is incontinent and in a wheel chair. Two years ago he was ballroom dancing, swimming in the Lido in Puerto regularly, life and soul of the party, a very sprightly 88 year old.

It is so incredibly heartbreaking to see the rapid decline. They say that it can be hereditry. For me it would have to be a one way ticket to Switzerland or where ever, I would never wish the same on my family.

Very sorry for your family, totally agree with your thoughts on Switzerland.

stevem
10-11-2011, 07:25
So glad he was found alive and well. Only he will ever know how he got to La Gomera but what a relief for the family!!!!

A happy ending, and not the sad and tragic one it could have been! :)

kieraj
11-11-2011, 00:16
I care for people who have this horrible illness, I have given my daughters a list if I forget everything, please dont let me forget I love wine and ciggies, keep me supplied and I will be happy

Andy0210
11-11-2011, 02:08
I care for people who have this horrible illness, I have given my daughters a list if I forget everything, please dont let me forget I love wine and ciggies, keep me supplied and I will be happy

Speaking from experience of someone with a similar condition it can have the reverse effect, my dad gave up smoking in 2002 and now has no short term memory, he asks for where his fags are on a daily basis.

SuzyQ
11-11-2011, 02:56
Your post is very touching Dixie4, so sorry for you and your family. I simply cant think of anything worse.....

Canarian Weekly
15-11-2011, 17:00
AN Essex pensioner, who vanished from his holiday home in Los Cristianos, turned up on La Gomera two days later. Bob Kent, aged 79, was dressed in T-shirt and shorts and had no money or ID with him when he disappeared in a flash after his wife, Anne, took her eyes off him for a [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/disappearing-pensioner-found-mystery-remains-unsolved/)

Tenerifelass
15-11-2011, 21:31
Oh dear. Will keep fingers and toes crossed.

warbey
15-11-2011, 21:50
Oh dear. Will keep fingers and toes crossed.

Why should You do that.?

He was found Days ago.

Tenerifelass
15-11-2011, 22:17
Evidence that angels exist :)