PDA

View Full Version : Murray Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter

chris
07-11-2011, 22:40
Michael Jackson's personal physician has been convicted of the involuntary manslaughter of the star by a jury in Los Angeles. Dr Conrad Murray, 58, faces up to four years in prison following his conviction. He had pleaded not guilty.It took the jury of seven men and five women nine hours to reach their unanimous verdict after a six-week trial.They ruled Murray gave the King of Pop a fatal overdose of the dangerous anaesthetic propofol.

TOTO 99
08-11-2011, 09:15
I've been glued to the trial since it started. I think I'd made my mind up that he was guilty in the early days of the trial. I don't know why the defence even bothered because they were just getting themselves deeper into trouble. It will be interesting to see how long the sentence will be. They can't be too lenient with it being so high profile otherwise it won't discourage others from making the same mistake. My guess is 2-3 years but we'll see. I have to say it really hit home when the put the cuffs on him while the judge was still speaking. Not nice to watch.

Tom & Sharon
08-11-2011, 11:03
Not so sure a man who paid off his alledged victim (Sorry,settled out of court) of child abuse in 1993 and then was charged again in 2005 with the same offences has no skeletons in his cupboard.
If the worlds BIGGEST star MICHAEL JACKSON!!! who was alledgedly paying the near bankrupt Dr Conrad Murray $160,000 a month :wow: told him "give me more Propofol" i'm damm sure he would give him more Propofol.

No smoke without fire.

Tom

rosemary
08-11-2011, 12:34
Ask yourselves - who really killed Michael Jackson? I would answer Michael Jackson. Murray is just one of many who were ready to assist him.

TOTO 99
08-11-2011, 12:36
Not so sure a man who paid off his alledged victim (Sorry,settled out of court) of child abuse in 1993 and then was charged again in 2005 with the same offences has no skeletons in his cupboard.
If the worlds BIGGEST star MICHAEL JACKSON!!! who was alledgedly paying the near bankrupt Dr Conrad Murray $160,000 a month :wow: told him "give me more Propofol" i'm damm sure he would give him more Propofol.

No smoke without fire.

Tom

In which case, the jury would have returned a not guilty verdict......

balcon
08-11-2011, 12:40
I think he's just been used as a scapegoat, you're not telling me Michael Jackson's family, bodyguards, friends etc etc didn't know he was having medical assistance, you only had to look at him to see how he'd changed ...... why didn't they get more involved and do something about it before it was too late. after all, your body can only take so much before it gives up.

Tom & Sharon
08-11-2011, 12:52
In which case, the jury would have returned a not guilty verdict......

Just like O. J Simpson and the Rodney King cops ;)

Tom

TOTO 99
08-11-2011, 12:52
I think he's just been used as a scapegoat, you're not telling me Michael Jackson's family, bodyguards, friends etc etc didn't know he was having medical assistance, you only had to look at him to see how he'd changed ...... why didn't they get more involved and do something about it before it was too late. after all, your body can only take so much before it gives up.

What more could they do? The guy had a $150k a month personal doctor on board. The problem was that the Dr was prepared to break the rules. That is why he was found guilty. MJ was not on trial, nor will he ever be now. Murray made a big mistake. That's why it wasn't a murder charge. Doctors are supposed to know better.

Just like O. J Simpson and the Rodney King cops ;)

Tom

You've got me on a technicality there Tom..lol god knows how he got away with that..

BobMac
08-11-2011, 17:05
I'm not saying whether he was innocent or not, but does anyone out there actually believe he was ever likely to get a fair trial in the States