PDA

View Full Version : Employment Where are the best places to look for work in Tenerife?

Catty
08-11-2011, 19:00
I am just wondering where the best places to look for work are? ie, newspapers, websites, agencies etc.

Any ideas and places to look welcome, spanish or english, thank you.

YOUNG GOLFER
08-11-2011, 20:39
Hi Catty well here is a start you never know who might be reading this.

Have you told members what sort of work you might be looking for?
Also have you any experence in any type of work?

You could listen to the Radio and look in the local papers to see if anything is available....i was also suggest you have a wonder around pop into local businesses give them a copy of your CV.
I take it from you post that you speak spanish this can be a bonus when asking people for work.
You could also leave a little add in supermarkets.
Try ALL the Hotels you never know you could just be in the right place at the right time.
I hope this has been a bit of help to you and wish you all the best in finding work remember the more you put yourself out there for all to see the better chance you will have of finding work.
GOOD LUCK.:)

marbro8
08-11-2011, 23:47
I am just wondering where the best places to look for work are? ie, newspapers, websites, agencies etc.

Any ideas and places to look welcome, spanish or english, thank you.as young golfer says it all depends on what sort of work you want? when we where over in october my 2 nephews fell in love with the place and with no hope of getting work in the uk they are now looking to go over to tenerife to find work, but it would only be bar or pr work, everywhere we walked they had notices up advertising this type of job, so i have told them i will fund their first months rent and expenses but if they havn't found anything after that( which is unlikely) then they will have to come home:wink:

Catty
09-11-2011, 18:23
as young golfer says it all depends on what sort of work you want? when we where over in october my 2 nephews fell in love with the place and with no hope of getting work in the uk they are now looking to go over to tenerife to find work, but it would only be bar or pr work, everywhere we walked they had notices up advertising this type of job, so i have told them i will fund their first months rent and expenses but if they havn't found anything after that( which is unlikely) then they will have to come home:wink:

Its my son, who needs the job, but he wouldnt be any good at pr work, which is a shame as there always seems a need for this type of work.
But we keep looking, thanks

marbro8
09-11-2011, 21:56
Its my son, who needs the job, but he wouldnt be any good at pr work, which is a shame as there always seems a need for this type of work.
But we keep looking, thankspr work is just standing outside bars/restaurants and politely asking people if they would like to try the place, it's not the most liked profession in tenerife because people would just love to meander past and look at the menu at their own discretion without any pressure, but it pays the bills while looking for something better:wink: