PDA

View Full Version : Other Urgent help needed : Woman holidaymaker in a coma at Candelera Hospital. Please help

philten
10-11-2011, 16:42
I have spent 2 days visiting someone in Intensive Care in Candelaria, but I am lucky that my friend is being discharged - a great hospital and staff.

Whilst in the crowded and stressful waiting room a guy approached and aksed if I was English. He was very tearful and explained that on the 2nd dfay of their holiday in Los Cris his wife fell down some steps on the way to the supermarket. He tried to catch her but they both fell all the way to the bottom.

She has been in Candelaria in a coma for 9 days.

He is 64 and lost his job in the UK 4 weeks ago so brought his wife on holiday using their Xmas savings. He is now gettign up at 7am to catch buses to the North as he is so afraid of missign the doctor at 1pm that he stes off early. He speaks no Spanish and is struggling to walk because he is badly bruised from the fall.

His 1st need is help getting to Candelaria for the 1pm doctors rounds. Does anyone have room in a car travelling from Los Cris?

I am hoping to persuade a bar to run a charity night as he will have no apartrment from the 23rd and is trying to find cheap accomodation in the North. There is a place advertised at 15 euros a night

I have his mobile number - but will only contact if I can offer some kind of help

Please PM me if you are able to assist.

YOUNG GOLFER
10-11-2011, 18:18
This is a very sad story to read and i hope a bar can help raise some money for him.
Has he contacted the British consulate maybe they could give him some help they do say on their website that they do help...
it does say the following (providing appropriate help if you have suffered rape or serious assault, are a victim of other crime, or are in hospital) here is a link to the website.
http://ukinspain.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/how-we-can-help1

The Tenerife Forum has a great group of members and we have in the pass helped out a few very sad cases like this one so fingers crossed.

Can you do me a favor would you send me his mobile number through a PM please and i would like to have a chat with him meet up and take him for a bite to eat and see if i can help in anyway.:)

grumps
10-11-2011, 18:54
Thats very nice of you young golfer!. Just a quick thought...if he`s got holiday insurance won`t they be able to help with accomodation and travelling expences ie Taxi,,?

rgds-grumps

YOUNG GOLFER
10-11-2011, 19:16
Thats very nice of you young golfer!. Just a quick thought...if he`s got holiday insurance won`t they be able to help with accomodation and travelling expences ie Taxi,,?

rgds-grumps

Well if i get a reply grumps i will find out everything and try and help him i.e if they have insurance contact family ect but maybe philten has already looked into that.
Just don't like the thought of someone being helpless in another country when guys like us can help.:)

doreen
10-11-2011, 19:20
What an unfortunate set of circumstances ... I'm going to volunteer a colleague to help out a bit finding accommodation in the North, translating, that sort of thing - maybe he could give up his apartment early down here and head up North sooner that the 23rd - if it is a private rental, perhaps the owner could be approached for a partial refund or is there someone on here who would take it over and offer a few quid

This really is a time for rallying around - which is what this Forum is so good at.

YOUNG GOLFER
10-11-2011, 19:29
Well pleased to say i have already in this short time had a kind donation from someone who is reading this.
So philten you can ring this guy NOW and tell him you have fellow forum members waiting to lend a hand...RIGHT AWAY.

9PLUS
10-11-2011, 20:33
You're all good you are YG

philten
11-11-2011, 10:21
Hi everyone - and thanks for the tremendous show of support.

When he lost his job 4 weeks ago the bank stopped some Direct Debits - one of which was the annual holiday insurance. In the turmoil he missed that and so is relying on the E111 that covers hospital costs but nothing else.

He is talking to the consulate and they are supporting him - but not financially

I will call David this morning and get his permission to pass on his phone number

Thank you all once again

doreen
11-11-2011, 10:25
I'm happy to donate a local mobile pay as you go, so he can take phone calls in Tenerife without hefty roaming charges :)

EDIT - DJD has beaten me to it & offered his spare phone which we used in two previous helping out cases - Betty & Gerard (passports/cash stolen on first day) and John & Paulina (passports/cash stolen at Teide)

seanocelt
11-11-2011, 13:00
Good to see all the folks offering help. Until lately i managed a venue that could have been used for a fundraiser , if a venue can be found i would be happy to compere free and ask for any acts to do a spot for free as has been done for doggie charities. I have no P.A. system but if there is a venue that has, it may work, although we would need members to attend to raise anything. If not, im happy to contribute to a fund (bound to raise as much as a gig does) /donate food or whatever.

Suej
11-11-2011, 13:58
Well pleased to say i have already in this short time had a kind donation from someone who is reading this.
So philten you can ring this guy NOW and tell him you have fellow forum members waiting to lend a hand...RIGHT AWAY.

If someone can give me a Bank account number I would also be happy to put something in the pot to help! Paypal is no good to me...Sorry!:thanx:

doreen
11-11-2011, 14:01
If someone can give me a Bank account number I would also be happy to put something in the pot to help! Paypal is no good to me...Sorry!:thanx:

Thaks Suej ... perhaps when we get our Benefit Night organised (thanks seanocelt), you could hand it over in person :)

YOUNG GOLFER
11-11-2011, 18:05
Just a little update for forum members just got of the phone to the husband and will be meeting up with him tonight in Los Cristianos.
He got very upset but as you can imagine....... he is also very overwhelmed by all the kindness.
Will let you know later how things go.
Thanks again to the new forum member for bringing this to our attention and with a little luck i am sure we can help him out.

ali marshall
11-11-2011, 18:21
I live in los cristianos and get free calls to the uk,this is on 08 numbers and land line numbers .If the gentleman needs to make any calls to family or the uk for any reason ,he is more than welcome to use my phone,not much but will save him some money on keeping in contact with family members etc .

doreen
11-11-2011, 18:23
Just a little update for forum members just got of the phone to the husband and will be meeting up with him tonight in Los Cristianos.
He got very upset but as you can imagine....... he is also very overwhelmed by all the kindness.
Will let you know later how things go.
Thanks again to the new forum member for bringing this to our attention and with a little luck i am sure we can help him out.

That's great YG .. might be able to organise the loan of a small car through someone ... check does he have his driving licence with him

philten
11-11-2011, 20:08
Thanks for keeping us up-to-date

I have some cash - where would be a good place to leave this for collection? David mentioned the Shakespeare bar being close

Nic
11-11-2011, 21:06
It's so nice to see such kindness, if there's a benefit night or something can it be posted on here so we all know (which I'm sure it will be, don't need to ask really). Is there any update on the lady in hospital? I really hope she will be holding her husband's hand again soon.

YOUNG GOLFER
11-11-2011, 21:28
I will be meeting the husband at 9pm with a friend of mine and i will have a chat with the bar owner. Might be a hour or two but will update the forum on the wife to when i get back.

DeedeeTipperary
11-11-2011, 23:05
A very sad situation my thoughts are with this poor couple . It is heart warming in this day and age when everyone is feeling the pinch to see how people on this forum are doing all they can to help . Unfortunately I am over here in Tipp but if there is a bank account opened for this unfortunate couple I would be able to contribute to it . I wish them both good fortune for the future and once again well done Tenerife Forumers

YOUNG GOLFER
12-11-2011, 00:50
Tonights first meeting update.

Well fair to say it was emotional tonight with David meeting him for the first time.
Myself and a friend turned up to meet him at 9pm at Shakesspears bar in Los Cristianos spent the last two hours with him and he told me what happend.
They went shopping on the 2nd day of their holiday as you do and went into a supermarket but as they went in she started to fall down the steps the husband grab his wife but they both fell together...both were in a very bad way and a ambulance was called she was taken right up to the north hospital with the husband following in a cab.
The worst part for me was the fact some scum of the earth rob the money from the ladys purse while they both laid helpless some sick people about...... and just want to say who ever did that i hope one day you get what you deserve .

Anyhow today the sister of the lady went to the hospital and i am pleased to say during her visit she managed to notice her eyes flicker and when asked to squeeze her hand she did very tight...so this could be a positive sign.....she is still in a coma but fingers crossed this could be a step in the right direction.
She is being given the best treatment in hospital and the British Consulate are helping with this....but only this.

Tonight he was handed some money to help see him through and Doreen gave him a phone to help keep in contact with family.
There are a few things he does need if possible he is XXL in tops and shirts also 40 inch waste in trousers if anyone has any of these items then great as he does not have to that many clothes...i will have a look in Live Arico charity shop myself in the morning to try and find some.
He looks in alot of pain himself so i gave a call to a Dr tonight and i will take him in the morning before he is taken up the north to see his wife at 12pm.... he is also going to be running low on his own tablets so will also try and sort this out for him.
As for the apartment he is paid up til the 21st but it is empty right up to xmas my friend Gordon will make contact with the owner to see if we could try and get a discount for this man.
He has never driven a car here and to be fair he has that much on his mind in his own words he could be a danger on the roads to others here so he is happy with some people giving him lifts and the rest of the time using a bus.
His sister inlaw is here at the moment and when she goes back we think another family member will come over...as for staying up the north he wants and myself and Gordon thought it was best he stayed in Los Cristianos as he would feel alone up there and at least down here he will have friends to help him.
I told him about the forum member offering free calls and he was really happy about that.

MORE TO FOLLOW.

Added after 8 minutes:

There is a benefit night be held at the Shakesspears bar on the 21st of nov...so please pop along they are looking for a few free acts if anyone wants to offer then great.
There will be a raffle on the night again if anyone can offer a prize or two that again will be great.
Will keep you up dated on this over the run up to the evening.
Will Start at 8pm the entertaiment up til midnight.
All in all the husband is really overwelmed by everyones efforts and generosity and he passes on his thanks.

Andy0210
12-11-2011, 01:16
Tonights first meeting update.

Well fair to say it was emotional tonight with David meeting him for the first time.
Myself and a friend turned up to meet him at 9pm at Shakesspears bar in Los Cristianos spent the last two hours with him and he told me what happend.
They went shopping on the 2nd day of their holiday as you do and went into a supermarket but as they went in she started to fall down the steps the husband grab his wife but they both fell together...both were in a very bad way and a ambulance was called she was taken right up to the north hospital with the husband following in a cab.
The worst part for me was the fact some scum of the earth rob the money from the ladys purse while they both laid helpless some sick people about...... and just want to say who ever did that i hope one day you get what you deserve .

Anyhow today the sister of the lady went to the hospital and i am pleased to say during her visit she managed to notice her eyes flicker and when asked to squeeze her hand she did very tight...so this could be a positive sign.....she is still in a coma but fingers crossed this could be a step in the right direction.
She is being given the best treatment in hospital and the British Consulate are helping with this....but only this.

Tonight he was handed some money to help see him through and Doreen gave him a phone to help keep in contact with family.
There are a few things he does need if possible he is XXL in tops and shirts also 40 inch waste in trousers if anyone has any of these items then great as he does not have to that many clothes...i will have a look in Live Arico charity shop myself in the morning to try and find some.
He looks in alot of pain himself so i gave a call to a Dr tonight and i will take him in the morning before he is taken up the north to see his wife at 12pm.... he is also going to be running low on his own tablets so will also try and sort this out for him.
As for the apartment he is paid up til the 21st but it is empty right up to xmas my friend Gordon will make contact with the owner to see if we could try and get a discount for this man.
He has never driven a car here and to be fair he has that much on his mind in his own words he could be a danger on the roads to others here so he is happy with some people giving him lifts and the rest of the time using a bus.
His sister inlaw is here at the moment and when she goes back we think another family member will come over...as for staying up the north he wants and myself and Gordon thought it was best he stayed in Los Cristianos as he would feel alone up there and at least down here he will have friends to help him.
I told him about the forum member offering free calls and he was really happy about that.

MORE TO FOLLOW.

Added after 8 minutes:

There is a benefit night be held at the Shakesspears bar on the 21st of nov...so please pop along they are looking for a few free acts if anyone wants to offer then great.
There will be a raffle on the night again if anyone can offer a prize or two that again will be great.
Will keep you up dated on this over the run up to the evening.
Will Start at 8pm the entertaiment up til midnight.
All in all the husband is really overwelmed by everyones efforts and generosity and he passes on his thanks.

Coincidentally i collected a load of clothes from storage the other day, should be a few things in amongst them to fit being of a similar stature i will have a check through them over the weekend, whats the situation regarding drop stuff off?

Can things be dropped off at your office for David?

Whats the situation for donations for people who don´t use paypal?

Again, can they be left at your office or somewhere else?

I´m sure i can find a prize or two for the fundraiser. :)

YOUNG GOLFER
12-11-2011, 01:30
Coincidentally i collected a load of clothes from storage the other day, should be a few things in amongst them to fit being of a similar stature i will have a check through them over the weekend, whats the situation regarding drop stuff off?

Can things be dropped off at your office for David? Yes no problem and the bar.

Whats the situation for donations for people who don´t use paypal? If people are here inTenerife they can drop them at my office and again the bar....as for other payment from members into banks not sure yet.

Again, can they be left at your office or somewhere else? yes and the bar

I´m sure i can find a prize or two for the fundraiser. :) fingers crossed i hope so cheers Andy:).

Andy0210
12-11-2011, 01:35
fingers crossed i hope so cheers Andy:).

They can don´t worry but you didn´t really answer any of my other questions ??? :dontknow:

Oh now i see, you answered them in my quote. Ok! :)

caroletenerife
12-11-2011, 02:07
Will look through the stock tomorrow for you, i will make sure its freshly washed and ironed over the weekend x

Leam_Lin
12-11-2011, 07:14
How can we donate money from England? Who's paypal a/c should we use?

philten
12-11-2011, 08:26
I have some cash and collecting some from Calleo this morning. Where is your office?

dotty1
12-11-2011, 09:22
I am in Amarilla golf so if I could help with anything I will. Would like to help with al donation if I could find out where to send it. Poor people,lets forget about the scum that pinched the ladies purse, there is a lot of nice people on this forum that make up for the low down scum that hang around waiting to make a quick buck out of someone else.

West mids tyke
12-11-2011, 10:27
we will be in los cristianos on the 21st and all being well will probably come along to the Shakespeare, is it near Bar 39 in that area, Young Golfer and other forum members you are all doing a great job for this man and his wife and family, just shows what a great forum this is and in times of crisis pull together, see you all 21st

YOUNG GOLFER
12-11-2011, 10:32
Hi i will be in my office today from 10am til 2pm in Torviscas if anyone would like to drop off anything then that would be great.
My shop is also open from 10am til 7pm monday to friday mind you i am out with clients at times but you could leave the money at Live Arico next two doors up from my office.
I will also have a chat with the excursion shop today to see if people can leave donations there they open from 9am til 10pm it's call Tenerife All Excursions.
You can also leave any donations at Shakespears bar in Los Cristianos.
If anyone who has a business elsewhere that could be a drop off point then great.

As for a banck account i have one in the UK at HSBC if there is no other way of sending money over then maybe that could be a option.

My office is in Torvicas abajo just down the road from harleys and La Pinta on the corner is Amandas bar i am right next door Properties Are Us.
My numbers are in my link.

Thankyou.

MrsTT
12-11-2011, 10:51
We can take donations at Witzend in Callao Salvaje. Possibly also any Paypal transactions could be done with our account, PM TT or myself for details, but as we are busy getting the new local ready for the Callao Learning Centre all this weekend, you will understand if you don´t hear back straight away!

seanocelt
12-11-2011, 11:14
Tremendous stuff YG, really, just brilliant.

philten
12-11-2011, 11:20
I went to drop off some cash at the bar and David was there. Spent 1/2 and hour with him which was great. It was nice to meet in a place other than the intensive care unit.

Looking forward to putting some faces to names on the 21st at the benefit night

HUFC
12-11-2011, 11:37
We are over in vicinity of Shakespeares on 21st, party of 10. will deffo pop in to show support

YOUNG GOLFER
12-11-2011, 11:59
Just had two forum members pop in who both have a business here in tenerife left donations of
20€
A bottle of vodka smirnoff,bells whisky,southern comfort,the famous grouse.
I have also been give a raffle book so if anyone wants any tickets that can't make it to the event then please pop in to my shop.
Tickets are 1 euros each i will write your names on the back of the ticket and any winners i will bring the prize back to my office for anyone to collect at a later date.

Some more good news Gordon has made contact with the owner of the property where the husband is staying and he can have it up to the 19th of december at HALF price so a BIG thank you to that person and Gordon.

Added after 2 Hours 10 minutes:

Just had two forum members pop in who both have a business here in tenerife left donations of
20€
A bottle of vodka smirnoff,bells whisky,southern comfort,the famous grouse.
I have also been give a raffle book so if anyone wants any tickets that can't make it to the event then please pop in to my shop.
Tickets are 1 euros each i will write your names on the back of the ticket and any winners i will bring the prize back to my office for anyone to collect at a later date.

Some more good news Gordon has made contact with the owner of the property where the husband is staying and he can have it up to the 19th of december at HALF price so a BIG thank you to that person and Gordon.

Another three donations all from forum members.
Bottle of Barcardi.
20€ for raffle tickets.
10€ for raffle tickets.

dotty1
12-11-2011, 15:14
Where is the Shakespeare bar? would like to try and go tomorrow with a donation, no idea where it is thanks

uptowngirl
12-11-2011, 16:20
Drat!! Was quite happy to come to the fundraiser, but unfortunately I have two shows that monday night so I won't be available till around 1 in the morning, and I am sure shakespeares has to have all music off by midnight.

Let me know if it is any different

West mids tyke
12-11-2011, 16:30
Where is the Shakespeare bar? would like to try and go tomorrow with a donation, no idea where it is thanks

if its the one i found on google maps its at the top of calle rodeo (oasis del mur) side of the los diamantes apartments, hope this helps or somebody can confirm it for definate

emmess
12-11-2011, 17:33
Shakespeares is on the other side of the road to the entrance to Paradise Park - slightly higher up, past Los Diamantes near Restuarant Coy. It is indeed in the Oasis Del Sur area of Los Cris.

philten
12-11-2011, 18:15
Here's a map - the yellow is the larger Spar supermarket and the Pink marker is the bar

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=204257679269627917603.0004b18cba47eae6b980 8&msa=0&ll=28.054167,-16.705704&spn=0.00143,0.00284

aeroeng
12-11-2011, 19:11
Hi Everyone Shakespeare's is our Bar and Dave & Lynn have been customers of ours for the last 3 year's.
We would just like to thank Young Golfer & Gordon for acting so quickly and for the help that was forth coming, to everyone on the forum for all donations of Bottles or Cash.
We are only a small bar but you are all welcome to pop in on the 21st Nov looking forward to meeting some of you.
We only have live music until midnight but intend to start at 8 that evening.
Denise & John Shakespeare's Bar.

caroletenerife
12-11-2011, 20:21
Donations for Dave and Lynn's benefit can be dropped off at any Live Arico shop...Coral Mar Silencio.. Los Cristianos, near Admiral Travel and Churchills Bar or San Eugenio, across from La Nina Hotel, next to Amandas Bar. Make sure you tell staff it is for the lady in the hospitals benefit night, to save any confusion x

philten
13-11-2011, 11:33
I have just had a cup of coffee with David and he is much happier today :)

Yesterday his wife opened her eyes about 15 times and was responding to what was said to her.

He know progress will be slow but each day he sees a step in the right direction. Trying to arrange an ipad for him today with some of his wife's favourite music and also some messages from home.

tizzywizzy
13-11-2011, 11:42
That is great news to hear. She will progress slowly but with all the help she is getting from everyone it will be of great benefit.David must be so pleased with the responses. They are in my thoughts.

dede
13-11-2011, 12:54
This just confirms what a fantastic forum this is..it makes me proud to be part of it. I will be doing my bit to help for sure. Heres to a speedy recovery to Lynn.xx

Tom & Sharon
13-11-2011, 13:22
I've only just seen this now on Facebook. The reason is I didn't click into it, because the heading is too long, and just looks like it's about lifts to the hospital.

The terrible bit about the lady in the coma is missed off. There must be others like me who have missed it, is it possible to change the heading and then maybe more people may see it who can help?

Did you sort anything out for donating online? What about setting up a "Just Giving" page? http://www.justgiving.com/

That way people can donate from the UK as well, and you can donate by card or paypal?

Over to you YG with that? We will be happy to donate and I'm sure lots of others will as well if you make it easy enough.

YOUNG GOLFER
13-11-2011, 13:54
Hi Tom & Sharon good idea about maybe changing the title...also about just giving page.As for myself not sure how it all works though.
I am taking donations in my shop which already is looking good along with selling raffle tickets which so far i have sold 30€ so if anyone wants any tickets pop in please.
Just got of the phone to the husband who is just going in for his visit now at 1pm will be speaking to him later for a update so will be able to post some more info later..

Suej
13-11-2011, 14:05
I see there is a monthly charge to the Charity of £15 and 5% is taken from the donation.

Tom & Sharon
13-11-2011, 14:31
Hi Tom & Sharon good idea about maybe changing the title...also about just giving page.As for myself not sure how it all works though.
I am taking donations in my shop which already is looking good along with selling raffle tickets which so far i have sold 30€ so if anyone wants any tickets pop in please.
Just got of the phone to the husband who is just going in for his visit now at 1pm will be speaking to him later for a update so will be able to post some more info later..

Oh, I've just looked into it more, and I think you can only give to charities? Sorry, I didn't realise that :-(

Maybe it's time the forum set up a paypal account for things like this. They do arise from time to time after all.

Goforgold
13-11-2011, 15:30
I've only just seen this now on Facebook. The reason is I didn't click into it, because the heading is too long, and just looks like it's about lifts to the hospital.

The terrible bit about the lady in the coma is missed off. There must be others like me who have missed it, is it possible to change the heading and then maybe more people may see it who can help?

Did you sort anything out for donating online? What about setting up a "Just Giving" page? http://www.justgiving.com/

That way people can donate from the UK as well, and you can donate by card or paypal?

Over to you YG with that? We will be happy to donate and I'm sure lots of others will as well if you make it easy enough.

I too just thought the thread was about lifts to and from the hospital and didn't look.

I would like to donate some money if someone can tell me where to send it to please.

sunspot
13-11-2011, 15:59
YG i will be in to see you tomorrow with some things for the gentleman,you are nothing short of a saint with your careing attitude and im so proud to know someone like you

Ian55
13-11-2011, 19:59
I have changed the Title maybe that will give it a little more Impact, should any Member have thoughts on the Title please PM a Moderator and we will have a look see, thanks :thanx:

dotty1
13-11-2011, 20:34
Thanks for all the information YG popped in to the Shakespeare today with donations just missed the hubby, he had just been picked up to go to the hospital. Thanks for keeping us all up to date very much appreciated.

joy13
13-11-2011, 20:58
So impressed with all the help and support the people on the forum are giving to this couple, just goes to show there are still lots of 'good ' folk

AL JAY
13-11-2011, 21:21
Well done to everyone who has stepped in and helped,This really is a great forum and the kindness and generosity on here is amazing! YG & Co you are wonderful people and i applaud you!

TenerifeTeddy
13-11-2011, 21:43
Please PM MrsTT or myself and we will send you details of our paypal account for you to send donations if you wish.

All monies will be handed over as cash to YG.

Or whoever is able to collect it on Lynn & David´s behalf.

YOUNG GOLFER
13-11-2011, 22:59
Hi tonights update.

Some good news guys his wife is now on oxygen half the day and the other half she is breathing on her own the doctors are going to make sure as time goes on she will be without the oxygen less and less...the husband told me tonight that the doctors are happy with her progress.
David himself was really made up with the most positive sign so far..... when he asked his dear wife for a kiss she puckered up and kissed him which i would of thought would mean the world to anyone.
So really good news as like myself i know all members will now have a little smile on their faces.
I will be going to meet him Monday or Tuesday night for a chat and if i have any clothes by then i will take them to him..will also give Gordon a ring to see if he wants to join me for a beer he has been a great help behind the scenes.

Could i also ask a Mod on the forum if they could do something that would list all the drop off points for donations please.... as they are all on a few different pages think this could help when members are looking for a drop off point if they where at the start a bit like when we have a poll on a subject. thankyou.

Lastly after getting of the phone tonight with David he has said a big thankyou to everyone who is helping he said in his own words " I still can't believe there are still so many kind people out there willing to help just can't believe it":)

YOUNG GOLFER
14-11-2011, 13:59
List of DROP OFF POINTS. FOR DONATIONS AND RAFFLE PRIZES

Propertiesareus in Torviscas.
Shakespears Bar Los Cristianos
Witzend in Callao Salvaje
Any of the Live Arico shops
For anyone wishing to pay by paypal PLEASE contact MrsTT and tenerifeteddy at Witzend for details.

Please when leaving a donation quoat names David and Lynne lady in hospital.

Please can we make this a sticky.
Thankyou.

Suej
14-11-2011, 16:41

For anyone wishing to pay by paypal PLEASE contact MrsTT and tenerifeteddy at Witzend for details.

Thankyou.

Thanks YG! I have a donation from myself and also a donation from Goforgold which I will drop into the LC Live Arico shop this week! any update on Lynne´s condition today? so far it´s sounds like she´s coming along really well!:)

anegib
14-11-2011, 17:47
Excellent news am so pleased that Davids wife is making progress. I think everyone on the forum who are working so hard to help this couple should give themselves a big pat on the back. Well done all.

MrsTT
14-11-2011, 19:22

Thankyou.

I stuck the whole thread but not sure if a post can be stuck!

Runrigger
14-11-2011, 19:48
I said this before a while back,and I,ll say it again. I,m a poster on many forums,but this one,is in a league of it,s own, when it comes down to assisting folks who are having difficulties with illness or finances,whilst on holiday.You should all be so proud of yourselves,and give yourselves a huge pat on the back.I am amazed at the response to this couples dillema.

West mids tyke
15-11-2011, 00:26
its great news and I look forward to next monday nite, we fly out tomorrow morning ill prob call upto the shakespeare towards the end of the week to make a donation to the fund.

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

YOUNG GOLFER
15-11-2011, 01:56
Late update.
Well tonight i went up with Gordon to see david he seemed happy tonight his wife showed more or less the same signs as yesterday but as his wife is in a coma i guess things will progress slowly.
One of our lovely members today gave me 50€ towards the fund along with 6 or 7 shirts and 6 pairs of trousers all cleaned and pressed David was so happy and is looking forward to putting on some new clothes.
Gordon also handed over a laptop to borrow so he can keep in contact with family and friends.(thanks mate)
Had a chat tonight with the owners of the bar and they told me they have made contact with a local radio station to help bring this story to many more people who live and holiday here in Tenerife.
Donations today.... i have got 50€ from the kind forum member and 30€ fom a canarian friend who has a bar in the south.
Everyone is so looking forward to Monday night to help rasie money for this unlucky couple i think it's going to be a good turn out.
Before i hit the sack i would just like to say anyone out there who has a business who would like to donate a prize for the raffle please do.We have a good amount of meals up for grabs but a few excursions would really help.
Thanks again for taking time to read this thread and i hope you will if you can... join us for a night out on the 21st next Monday.
Thanks again guys.:)

dotty1
15-11-2011, 08:57
Sorry I wont be able to make monday but I am sure everything will go well with the help of you all and the shakespeares
owners, great people all of you

Jackie Buyer
15-11-2011, 14:17
YOUNG GOLFER - You have such a good kind heart!!!

YOUNG GOLFER
16-11-2011, 16:15
Today's update...

Just had a chat with the husband who is on his way back today from Santa Cruz early as his wife has to go into surgery this afternoon to have part of her skull put back...he was upset as anyone would by that sort of news but the doctors feel she is making good progress enough for them to carry out this operation.
Also with the husband himself he has been to a doctor had a full check up and seems fine under the circumstances.
Had a chat today with one of the newspapers today who are going to do a little write up and also to push the benefit night on monday the 21st.
The clothes one kind member donated the other day went down really well he said himself it was like they were made for him..so thanks again.
Donation yesterday of a nice bottle of spirits and today a guy i work with gave 50€.
Don't forget anyone who is here on holiday or lives here please pop up monday night fun starts at 8pm lot's of free entertainment followed by a raffle.

Suej
16-11-2011, 16:22
Thanks YG. will be thinking of them today especially Lynne!

YOUNG GOLFER
16-11-2011, 16:47
Another two donations for the raffle.

A meal for two at La Terrazza Del Mare.

Also for ANY home match this year two tickets to see Tenerife play football included in this is the coach there and back if you don't want to see a match then you can have two football shirts.

Don't forget i am selling raffle tickets in my office @ 1€ a ticket.
LOTS OF PRIZES TO BE WON.

sunspot
16-11-2011, 17:29
Today's update...

Just had a chat with the husband who is on his way back today from Santa Cruz early as his wife has to go into surgery this afternoon to have part of her skull put back...he was upset as anyone would by that sort of news but the doctors feel she is making good progress enough for them to carry out this operation.
Also with the husband himself he has been to a doctor had a full check up and seems fine under the circumstances.
Had a chat today with one of the newspapers today who are going to do a little write up and also to push the benefit night on monday the 21st.
The clothes one kind member donated the other day went down really well he said himself it was like they were made for him..so thanks again.
Donation yesterday of a nice bottle of spirits and today a guy i work with gave 50€.
Don't forget anyone who is here on holiday or lives here please pop up monday night fun starts at 8pm lot's of free entertainment followed by a raffle.

All our thoughts are with this lady today and also for her husband who must be worried sick...................

wolvesfc1
16-11-2011, 18:34
brings back my faith in humanity good for all of you.

will a
16-11-2011, 19:50
Hi only just seen this thread , feel really sorry for them

I would be happy to come along and play for a while ( free of charge of course)if anybody wants me to, some of you my remember me from the Live Arico do at O'Jangles last year or at the Pink Parrot for Help the Heroes.

If this is of any use to the thread send me a message, if not we will try to pop along and at least buy some raffle tickets!

YOUNG GOLFER
17-11-2011, 17:54
Good afternoon a update on yesterdays operation.

Well i am very very please to say all went very well with yesterdays op....the doctors are very pleased with her progress today...David sounds upset but in a good way sounds a little funny saying it like that but he has been through a lot and i would of guessed last night he never got too much sleep with all the worry.
He just told me that she has been moving her arms and legs today and when he held her hand she squeezed it really hard she also opened her eyes three times today.
Like i said the doctors are that happy with how she is doing that if she continues the way she is then they will do a reverse Tracheostomy (an operative procedure that creates a surgical airway)in a couple of days so she can breath on her own .
So some very good signs .
Had a few papers interested in this story and they are all going to push the benefit night to help raise more money and also let readers know where they can drop off donations.
Today i was given a kind donation from Sunshine cafe & bar in Torviscas a breakfast for two.
And sold around 140 raffle tickets so far from my office.
So a very positive update today and just hope it continues this way.

Don't forget this Monday 21st benefit night. 8pm til 12am.

garlicbread
17-11-2011, 18:17
My wife will be undergoing treatment for breast cancer at Candelaria next week.

I will be taking her in for admission at around 5 pm on Tuesday then going up there each day leaving the south at around 3 pm and returning around 9 pm. Hopefully I will bring her home on Friday leaving Candelaria around noon.

If any of these times are convenient to give David a lift I'd be happy to do so. PM me for a contact number if I can help.

Suej
17-11-2011, 19:47
What a thoughful gesture GB...I do hope all is well with your wife´s treatment too! good luck!

karinagal
17-11-2011, 19:48
Garlicbread, I'd just like to say good luck to your wife on her op and any follow up treatment. I've been through it myself and I know that this must be a very worrying time for you both and your family too. I'll keep you both in my prayers if I may. It's very kind of you to extend this offer to Dave given your circumstances.

Jackalina
17-11-2011, 19:57
Best wishes to Garlic Bread's wife.

caroletenerife
17-11-2011, 21:36
Many thanks for the donation left at the Live Arico Shop Los Cris ( i think it was you Suej). I will collect it at the weekend and hand it to YG on Monday x

Suej
17-11-2011, 23:03
Many thanks for the donation left at the Live Arico Shop Los Cris ( i think it was you Suej). I will collect it at the weekend and hand it to YG on Monday x

There was also a donation from Goforgold in the same envelope! Thanks X

timmylish
18-11-2011, 00:21
GB. Whilst the plight of the holidaymakers is uppermost in all our minds I take this opportunity of wishing your missus all the very best for next week. From my own personal experience of the hospital all the staff I,ve ever dealt with have been caring, helpful and thoughtful. Might just be me but I always feel they try harder 'cause I,m a "furriner'. Helps being a Scot. All the Canarian/Madrid ethos comes into play.
Now back to this gentleman David. I worry for him as he has had to endure a lot of stress which damage caused is hard to estimate. I do hope that someone at the hospital has been consulted about this. Hyper-tension is a real killer. Might I suggest that whoever is in contact with him next insists that he gets someone to check his blood pressure,at the very least.

YOUNG GOLFER
18-11-2011, 01:04
GB. Whilst the plight of the holidaymakers is uppermost in all our minds I take this opportunity of wishing your missus all the very best for next week. From my own personal experience of the hospital all the staff I,ve ever dealt with have been caring, helpful and thoughtful. Might just be me but I always feel they try harder 'cause I,m a "furriner'. Helps being a Scot. All the Canarian/Madrid ethos comes into play.
Now back to this gentleman David. I worry for him as he has had to endure a lot of stress which damage caused is hard to estimate. I do hope that someone at the hospital has been consulted about this. Hyper-tension is a real killer. Might I suggest that whoever is in contact with him next insists that he gets someone to check his blood pressure,at the very least.

Hi timmylish,
I would just like to point out myself and Gordon are in very close contact with david everyday twice today in fact. We have taken him to a private doctor only two days ago who has given him a full check up as i put in post No66 his blood pressure is fine yes he is running short on some tablets but we are on the case and more are on there way to him.
Please try not to worry as there are a good few people who are more than looking after him....he has been through a lot the last few weeks but thank god things are starting to look up for him and his wife he is feeling very positive right now more now than before.:)

timmylish
18-11-2011, 01:49
Thanks YG for the reassurance. Hyper-tension probably caused my stroke, hence my constant concern for people who are in stressful situations. They tend to think that all is well when in fact the damage is being done.

karinagal
18-11-2011, 08:51
Thanks YG for the reassurance. Hyper-tension probably caused my stroke, hence my constant concern for people who are in stressful situations. They tend to think that all is well when in fact the damage is being done.

You're right - it can often be a silent killer.. Good to see that Dave is being so well looked after. YG is fast becoming the 'go to' guy for rescuing holiday makers in distress - he is a gem of a guy. You don't get many of him to the pound/euro!! ;) :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Chayofa Tete
18-11-2011, 09:27
Well done to everyone that is helping out you guys are walking the walk and talking the talk brilliant absolutely brilliant I hope it all works out in the end

caroletenerife
18-11-2011, 11:13
There was also a donation from Goforgold in the same envelope! Thanks X
Many thanks to Goforgold too xx

YOUNG GOLFER
18-11-2011, 11:21
A nice little write up on the Island Connections website.

http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/34858/daily-news-article.html

karinagal
18-11-2011, 15:44
A nice little write up on the Island Connections website.

http://www.islandconnections.eu/1000003/1000043/0/34858/daily-news-article.html

You're right, excellent write up! You sure have a mighty big heart Stu, I'm certain that when your time comes St Peter will have reserved a Lazyboy recliner, 42" LCD TV with surround sound and your favourite programmes along with a fridge full of cold drinks just for you!!!! :D

caroletenerife
18-11-2011, 18:10
You're right, excellent write up! You sure have a mighty big heart Stu, I'm certain that when your time comes St Peter will have reserved a Lazyboy recliner, 42" LCD TV with surround sound and your favourite programmes along with a fridge full of cold drinks just for you!!!! :D
Hes not that nice, he wouldn't give me a T bag today..:raspberry:

Carlos
18-11-2011, 19:11
Another write-up is on its way it appears A journalist at the Diario de Avisos has just told me their Saturday insert in English, called The Supplement, is carrying a piece on the great work being done for this gentleman and they are even thinking of doing a big feature for the paper proper in Spanish once the election coverage ends. Let's hope it helps the couple and in the process brings visibility to this selfless work, which is not the first time people here have bailed out those in need.

marbro8
18-11-2011, 23:24
did anyone find out how we could donate through paypal? or any other way from the uk?:)

doreen
18-11-2011, 23:36
did anyone find out how we could donate through paypal? or any other way from the uk?:)

Yes, contact either Tenerife Teddy or Mrs TT on here - several donations via PayPal already made through Witzend :)

marbro8
18-11-2011, 23:47
Yes, contact either Tenerife Teddy or Mrs TT on here - several donations via PayPal already made through Witzend :)thanks doreen just pm'd tenerife teddy:)

Leam_Lin
18-11-2011, 23:49
Yes, contact either Tenerife Teddy or Mrs TT on here - several donations via PayPal already made through Witzend :)

Easy peasy, Mrs TT will give you the details & just log into your Paypal account.

marbro8
18-11-2011, 23:54
Easy peasy, Mrs TT will give you the details & just log into your Paypal account.lol just pm'd tenerife teddy, but will pm mrs tt as well thanks:)

Added after 41 minutes:

cheers guys just sent a donation through our paypal account, it really is easy so any forum members that have been put off by thinking it is to much trouble then please think again because with the help of other members on this forum then it really is simple, and any amount is welcome:wink:

YOUNG GOLFER
19-11-2011, 23:48
Latest update.
Well doctors are thinking along the lines of maybe moving her to another ward on Monday due to her good progress.
She is also breathing now on her own not only that but her eyes managed to follow David around the room today still in a sort of semi coma i guess from what David said tonight but i think we can all agree on the fact some really positive progress that this lady has made so far.
Surgeon has had a good look at her after her op and thinks she is doing very well.
They have also let David spend a little more time with his wife by her side in hospital something that has really made him feel good.
David and his family would like me to pass on their thanks to everyone who is helping rase money in order to be able to keep David here with his wife they are all very very grateful.
I will try to get hold of the owners of the Shakespears bar on Sunday to see what line up they have in store and raffle prices for the benefit night and will post on here.

Benefit night will be this Monday starting at 8pm at the Shakespears pub in Los Cristianos be early to get a good seat.

Carlos
20-11-2011, 00:40
Not very readable, sorry, not brilliant on computers. But click on it to open and then twist your head sideways to see what a local paper's English section (Diario de Avisos) says about this.
Chapeau YG and others. With tomorrow's elections on the way I wonder how many politicians can sleep as easy as you can, knowing they do things that actually help those in need (!)

karinagal
20-11-2011, 14:55
Can anyone give an update in how much has been received so far? Does Dave have enough in the fund to cover his accommodation for the next few weeks?

Suej
20-11-2011, 15:22
Can anyone give an update in how much has been received so far? Does Dave have enough in the fund to cover his accommodation for the next few weeks?

Snap Karina! I was wondering the same...maybe after tomorrow´s fundraiser YG will have a better idea! hope there´s a good turn out! :pray:

YOUNG GOLFER
20-11-2011, 15:54
Hi yes myself Gordon and others with count up on monday night all the donations..... at the moment David has been given more than enough money to get by.
Fingers crossed we will have a good show of numbers.

Added after 2 Hours 11 minutes:

Some really good news today David who i and Gordon are off to meet tonight just rang.....he told me for the whole time on his visit today his wife had her eyes open he also asked her if she knew her husband was here and she nodded.
Now that is great news he is very happy.
Like i said we are off to see him later and i will give info on acts prizes and any other updates later tonight....but for now nodding her head to a question has to be the best feeling ever.:spin::spin:
David said he feels now like she is comming back to him:)

caroletenerife
20-11-2011, 19:27
Have got a catamaran trip for two and the envelope from suej and goforgold for you, will see you tomorrow x

karinagal
20-11-2011, 20:10
Hi yes myself Gordon and others with count up on monday night all the donations..... at the moment David has been given more than enough money to get by.

Some really good news today David who i and Gordon are off to meet tonight just rang.....he told me for the whole time on his visit today his wife had her eyes open he also asked her if she knew her husband was here and she nodded.
Like i said we are off to see him later and i will give info on acts prizes and any other updates later tonight....but for now nodding her head to a question has to be the best feeling ever.:spin::spin:

That is such fantastic news!! He must be so relieved. There's light at the end of that long dark tunnel he's been in....

sunspot
20-11-2011, 22:03

Thats really great news,he must be so relieved

YOUNG GOLFER
21-11-2011, 03:18
Late update....
Benefit night Monday 21st tomorrow at 8pm here are some more details.
Tomorrows acts.
Kris Richard
Buddy Holly
Steve Delsey
Dave Tracey
Abba Tribute
Ricks Freak Boutiuque
Avril Turner
Ged Bolton
These acts have confirmed they will be there.... a few more will pop in on the night.
Raffle Prizes
I have 8 bottles of wine and 6 very good brands of spirits also a breakfast for two at the sunshine bar in torviscas,a boat trip for two,a service on your car a oil change and half towards a ITV.
A meal for 2 at Cory Rest
A meal for 2 Don Quisote
A meal for 2 at Goddfellas
A meal for 2 at The Cave
Another meal for 2 at The Cave
25€ for a cut and blow dry
20€ VEG VOUCHER
2 Bottles of johnnie walker
2 bottles of smirnoff blue
1 bottle of haig whiskey
1 bottle of moet chandon
2 bottles of red wine
2 bottles of red wine
1 bottle of famous grouse
1 bottle of famous grouse
1 bottle of smirnoff vodca
1 bottle of bells whiskey
1 bottle of local vodca
1 bottle of southern comfort
One bottle of red and white wine
Large tin of quality streets
Mini pedicure
Phillips CD player
Digital camera and case (new)
1 bottle of cava 1 red wine and a bottle of Pimms. and more to come.
The next few donations are up for auction.
AUCTION ITEMS
Meal for two at La Terraza Del Mar
2 tickets sound of musicals and transport worth 98€
Mountain bike excursion worth 85€
3 day car hire worth 90€
Kindle and CD loads of books worth (a lot)
Two match day tickets with coach to santa cruz to watch Tenerife play(any home game this year.

That's more or less what we have up for grabs tomorrow night and it all starts at 8pm...a lot of these prizes have come from forum members along with donations and i must say i am very thankfull to you ALL no one wanted to be named but i will be the only person to know who you are and i thankyou very very much.
Once again i want to say thankyou to everyone who has helped ME help this couple.... one BIG thanks goes to a good friend of mine Gordon who most people won't know but take it from me he is a great chap with a very big heart tonight he felt unwell but still turned up...thanks mate.

Lastly tonight i met 2 Irish ladies whos mum is also going through the same thing(shes had a stroke) but they have had NO luck what so ever i have asked them to join the forum to tell their sad story it ¡s very hard to understand how so many people are in the same boat.I will do my best to help them as i am sure you guys will.

Good night and thankyou all for reading this.:)

caroletenerife
21-11-2011, 04:13
Some seriously good prizes there, and top notch entertainment, its sounds like its going be a great night. Can I suggest that if its possible, could someone film the evening so that David and his wife could watch it together when she is well enough, it could be a great tonic for her

karinagal
21-11-2011, 08:14
That's a great idea Carol - I'm sure it would be uplifting for them to see!

YG - is there any way for us UK dwellers to buy some raffle tickets? How much are they?

Karina

YOUNG GOLFER
21-11-2011, 13:43
Hi Karinagal,
I did post a few times about the raffle and the price of 1€ each if you can quickly get a payment to witzend through paypal then great.
Could i just say to the two members who gave through live arico i have now got your donations thanks.
Oh sod it.... Karinagal send me a PM how many tickets you want then i will get them for you...you can pay me when you come over.

DON'T FORGET TONIGHT IS THE BENEFIT NIGHT STARTS AT 8PM TIL MIDNIGHT.SHAKESSPEARS BAR LOS CRISTIANOS.

Please pop along guys even if its for a hour say hello and show your support.

chris
21-11-2011, 14:02
Hi Karinagal,
I did post a few times about the raffle and the price of 1€ each if you can quickly get a payment to witzend through paypal then great.
Could i just say to the two members who gave through live arico i have now got your donations thanks.
Oh sod it.... Karinagal send me a PM how many tickets you want then i will get them for you...you can pay me when you come over.

DON'T FORGET TONIGHT IS THE BENEFIT NIGHT STARTS AT 8PM TIL MIDNIGHT.SHAKESSPEARS BAR LOS CRISTIANOS.

Please pop along guys even if its for a hour say hello and show your support.

Stuart,
Me and the wife fly out late Saturday night can you get me £20 worth of tickets and I shall nip into your office on Monday and pay you.

YOUNG GOLFER
21-11-2011, 14:14
Stuart,
Me and the wife fly out late Saturday night can you get me £20 worth of tickets and I shall nip into your office on Monday and pay you.

Okey Dokey mate catch you when you are over thanks again mate.

Added after 24 minutes:

That's a great idea Carol - I'm sure it would be uplifting for them to see!

YG - is there any way for us UK dwellers to buy some raffle tickets? How much are they?

Karina

Chris and Karinagal i have done your raffle tickets thanks again....

Total tickets sold through my office is now 210 great stuff.

Added after 24 minutes:

Chris i have done 20euros worth ok not pounds mate.

chris
21-11-2011, 15:55

Added after 24 minutes:

Chris i have done 20euros worth ok not pounds mate.

Ok no problem

garlicbread
21-11-2011, 17:39
I was at Candelaria hospital today and, by mistake, ended up outside the Intensive Care department. There was a guy outside who , recognising I was English (and lost) told me where to go. He muttered something about having been there for 3 weeks.

It was only when I got home that I thought it might have been Dave, the man this thread is all about. If it was I apologise for not acknowledging the fact, if someone could pass on that message please just in case.

My wife goes in tomorrow for another op on Wednesday so tell David, I'll be around the surgical ward (cancer) every day this week after say 3 pm if he wants to talk to a fellow sufferer.

Meanwhile good luck for tonight.

caroletenerife
21-11-2011, 20:15
Good luck for tonight and hope everyone has a good time x

Suej
21-11-2011, 21:17
Same from me too! I´m sure it will be a great success!!!:goodluck:

seanocelt
21-11-2011, 21:30
Looks like a good turnout already, small bar but full by 8.15! Good luck to all. And best wishes to Garlic Bread too.

MICH
21-11-2011, 22:52
Just came home from the Shakespere bar, couldnt stay long. But wanted to show my support to all involved, and was so pleased to finally meet David. He hugged me for ages. He is so appreciative of all the help and support he has received from all, and i dont think that feeling would ever go way, people really can be so kind and generous.

He said Lynn had a great day yesterday and had her eyes opened a lot, he said he still cant believe it when he thinks how she was last week!!! But like i said she has gone through so much in such a short space of time. And is only now beginning the early stages of coming through it. Which of course, will take time.

David showed me a photo on his phone of Lynn and said how much he loved her and she was his best friend.

Proud of my hubby Young Golfer too, for helping out the way he does. When he has a lot on his self too, he still finds the time. ( gets a little stressed at times, but only with me!! lol)

I couldnt stay for long and only saw one of the acts, noticed lots of raffle tickets being sold and the bar was full, i am sure the night will go really well.

But after playing a few games of snap with our daughters, i took 2 tired little girls home to bed.

So Young Golfer when you arrive home tonight and log in, first of all hope the rest of the evening went well and thats right Mich ( the reader) is writing on the forum. Proud of you!!

caroletenerife
21-11-2011, 23:11
Just came home from the Shakespere bar, couldnt stay long. But wanted to show my support to all involved, and was so pleased to finally meet David. He hugged me for ages. He is so appreciative of all the help and support he has received from all, and i dont think that feeling would ever go way, people really can be so kind and generous.

He said Lynn had a great day yesterday and had her eyes opened a lot, he said he still cant believe it when he thinks how she was last week!!! But like i said she has gone through so much in such a short space of time. And is only now beginning the early stages of coming through it. Which of course, will take time.

David showed me a photo on his phone of Lynn and said how much he loved her and she was his best friend.

Proud of my hubby Young Golfer too, for helping out the way he does. When he has a lot on his self too, he still finds the time. ( gets a little stressed at times, but only with me!! lol)

I couldnt stay for long and only saw one of the acts, noticed lots of raffle tickets being sold and the bar was full, i am sure the night will go really well.

But after playing a few games of snap with our daughters, i took 2 tired little girls home to bed.

So Young Golfer when you arrive home tonight and log in, first of all hope the rest of the evening went well and thats right Mich ( the reader) is writing on the forum. Proud of you!!
Aww bless, lovely couple..even lovelier children, x

sunspot
22-11-2011, 00:40
Well i have had a great night,met David and what a lovely man he is,we had a long chat about everything and his appriciation to this forum is overwelming,i have met some lovely people some who heard about the night from the newspaper and many who heard from the forum,thankyou YG and Gordon for a great night, the acts and also to the staff of the Shakespear who were fantastic,a big hug to the lady who kept my ashtray sooooooooo clean and she did not smoke herself xxx

slodgedad
22-11-2011, 00:46
It's things like this that make me so proud to be associated with this Forum.

Sorry I missed it all but as you know I am in the middle of my first holiday in 6 years in sunny Yorkshire..lol

Well done, yet again, Stuart. Proud to know you, mate..

doreen
22-11-2011, 01:00
It's things like this that make me so proud to be associated with this Forum.

Well done, yet again, Stuart. Proud to know you, mate..

I echo your sentiments totally Slodge ... as Admin, Mods, Pooh & I all believed back in late May, this Forum was really worth saving, especially for its Community Spirit :) Huge thanks to all on the ground for this effort ... I'm hearing of an impressive total raised !

YOUNG GOLFER
22-11-2011, 02:54
Yes a very impressive total raised tonight thanks to everyone who came and donated... the grand total of the evening was.

2055 euros.

I have to say a few members won prizes tonight but i am sorry to say i sold them to raise more money....sorry about that but i should not be left in charge:) a little cheeky i know:tongue:.

Now this money will help keep David here in Tenerife at his wifes bedside for around 3 months which is fantastic news.
I want to end by saying thank you to everyone for their help the bar staff the owners singers customers, newspapers, friends and family.
A BIG thanks to Gordon(my partner in crime) can't wait for him to tell his work mate in the morning that she won a good prize.... but like me he sold it and put it in the pot:laugh:.

I will keep all members upto date on David and his wife in the days weeks months to come.

Once again this forum Tenerife Forum has helped come to the aid of people who have fell on hards times.
Thanks guys

YOUNG GOLFER xxx:)

slodgedad
22-11-2011, 03:03
Yes a very impressive total raised tonight thanks to everyone who came and donated... the grand total of the evening was.

2055 euros.

I have to say a few members won prizes tonight but i am sorry to say i sold them to raise more money....sorry about that but i should not be left in charge:) a little cheeky i know:tongue:.

Now this money will help keep David here in Tenerife at his wifes bedside for around 3 months which is fantastic news.
I want to end by saying thank you to everyone for their help the bar staff the owners singers customers, newspapers, friends and family.
A BIG thanks to Gordon(my partner in crime) can't wait for him to tell his work mate in the morning that she won a good prize.... but like me he sold it and put it in the pot:laugh:.

I will keep all members upto date on David and his wife in the days weeks months to come.

Once again this forum Tenerife Forum has helped come to the aid of people who have fell on hards times.
Thanks guys

YOUNG GOLFER xxx:)

As I said previously mate. Proud to know you and what a job.:tiphat:...:bowdown:..Wish I was there..

Chayofa Tete
22-11-2011, 09:04
Well done guys you should all be very proud of what you have done.

TenerifeTeddy
22-11-2011, 09:24
Fantastic result, well done everybody!. It's times like this when the forum is at it's best, and why I am proud to be associated with it :)

aeroeng
22-11-2011, 09:36
Hi Everyone Shakespeare's owners here WELL where do we start to say a BIG thank you to everyone who donated be it prizes or money. Also to Stuart & Gordon for all the hard work they both have put in. Our bar staff who worked for free and raffle ticket sellers. All the acts who gave their time for free and where all excellent and very entertaining, our compere Sue Daniels, and last but not least all the people who supported the night forum members and customers.
As Stuart has already said an enormous amount of money was raised 2055 euros thanks again to everyone who came with very deep pockets to help us reach this amount.

Medman
22-11-2011, 09:54
:bowdown: 1824 :respect:

obs
22-11-2011, 11:36
:agree: Brilliant job, well done all !!! :tiphat:

stevem
22-11-2011, 11:50
Fantastic job and a big well done to all involved!!!!!

chris
22-11-2011, 12:00

2055 euros.

I hope I didn't win a Leeds United season ticket and you sold it on :crylaughing:

tonypub
22-11-2011, 12:13
I hope I didn't win a Leeds United season ticket and you sold it on :crylaughing:it was eeekkk,got ten bob n a conker for it:crylaughing:seriously though well done to all who took part/helped/donated.:respect:

viv
22-11-2011, 15:04
It's very sad I've read about the charity event in one of the free tenerife papers :0) We had a Red Cross guy knock our door a couple of months ago asking for donations (all official) anyway they also may be able to help because he was telling us part of the role of the Red Cross is to assist people who have reletives etc in hospital and back to the UK. Although as yet it's early days for this gentlemans wife. Sorry I don't have any contact details for the Red Cross.

sunspot
22-11-2011, 20:06

A few pictures from last night benifit night Thanks jackie

i love the beach
22-11-2011, 21:04
I have followed this thread from start but couldnt post a reply, I am totally blown away by YG and everyone else involved in helping out this poor couple, the kindness, generosity and thoughtfulness of you all has actually brought me to tears. You are all amazing !

Well Done !

Suej
22-11-2011, 21:09

Saw these pics today on Jackie´s camera! lovely to see them properly! Thanks Sunspot!!! X

viv
22-11-2011, 21:55
We're so pleased to hear the lady has opened her eyes and is responding.... :0) Our thoughts are with them both

Medman
23-11-2011, 01:07

Thanks Chris. Who are the 4 "rogues" in the first picture. Forum members ?

Ashro Autos
23-11-2011, 01:11
Can name 3 of the 4 rogues,Andy (CIM) Stuart (Young Golfer ) and Gordon.They all done a great job in organising and fundraising.Nice to see the forum pull together in times of need.

YOUNG GOLFER
23-11-2011, 01:16
tonights update.
Now this at first sounded really strange to me his wife was today sat up in a chair...she was strapped in in case she fell out and she also raised her hand to touch her head which of course she was stopped doing so.
She has now been taking out of ITC and in another ward...the signs are looking very good.
Spent the last few hours with David and he is doing fine very happy with all this good news and of course last nights benefit night.
I and CIM also spent a hour or two with two sisters tonight who are going through a tough time with their mum being in hospital.......... she had a stroke but now sad to say she is now in a coma too.
The doctor rang the sisters yesterday at 1am to say please come up to the hospital right now as you mum will not make it tilL the morning(but she is still alive) another very sad story.
I would like to ask anyone if they know or have a apartment available for the next 4 weeks at the moment they are paying 80€ a night and it's paid up till thursday.
so as you can see it is very costly....does not have to be in resort as long as it has a bus service.
Please PM me if you have anything a studio would do fine.
I have asked them to join the forum and they have this morning............ but they have no idea how to post a thread CIM has helped them so a bit of luck they will post their sad turn of events in the morning.
The girls are not looking for a benefit night they are just looking for a little help and some people to point them in the right direction.
Thanks YG.
Forgot to add Davids wife is now out of a coma he told me this tonight so great news.

timmylish
23-11-2011, 02:36
First of all. Wonderful news on David and his wife. Progress indeed.
YG. It seems, at the moment, you just have to open your mouth and there is another disaster case waiting to jump out at you! I appreciate that David,s case of of a holidaymaker.
I think you are highlighting a problem which is only going to get a lot worse. With the population aging for much longer times we are going to see more and more cases of elderly UK residents finding themselves in hospital with no one to care for them, in a social capacity. Good heavens its already happened to me. 63yr old. Stroke sufferer, related other clinical problems, problems with the medical profession etc etc. Don,t get me wrong I still have the highest regard, generally, for the Medical people here on Tenerife. Its just that we are foreigners here so have considerable problems which the Canarians don,t have. Mainly family to look after the elderly and that gonna be the no.1 problem

Andy0210
23-11-2011, 02:49
I would like to ask anyone if they know or have a apartment available for the next 4 weeks at the moment they are paying 80€ a night and it's paid up till thursday.
so as you can see it is very costly....does not have to be in resort as long as it has a bus service.
Please PM me if you have anything a studio would do fine.

Have a look here.......

http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?10830-Two-studios-and-a-One-bedroom-apartment

Peterrayner
23-11-2011, 09:04
RE APARTMENT

PM sent to YG

YOUNG GOLFER
24-11-2011, 01:25
Hy guys,
A very quick update i had a very quick chat to David today as i was busy...but glad to say his wife said her very first word tonight and she called David by his nickname.
More great news on this sad case sorry i have no more info but i had a client in at the time....will update you more as and when i get it.
YG.

Suej
27-11-2011, 17:09
Haven´t heard for a few days now YG...How´s it going for David and Lynne? Any news?:)

YOUNG GOLFER
27-11-2011, 18:03
Haven´t heard for a few days now YG...How´s it going for David and Lynne? Any news?:)

Hi,will give a update later tonight.

Added after 4 Hours 3 minutes:

Well the news seems to be getting better and better for David and his wife.
Things have just progressed so fast of late David told me he can now have a conversation with his wife some of the time.
She has had all her stitches out too.......she even corrected him on spelling a word today.
She has also managed to get out of bed and shuffle along to the toliet.
So major positive signs the progress has been very fast.......lastly her words not mine or Davids.

She wants to say a huge thankyou to everyone on the Tenerife Forum for all their help.:)

philten
29-11-2011, 14:57
I have just spoke to Dave and he said his wife may be out of intensive care in days and possibly fit to fly back to the UK in January

Incredible news :spin:

david banks
30-11-2011, 07:23
thanks for all you have done for dave & lynne if you see him say all his golfing mates in the uk are thinking of them and that the news keeps getting better dave b

YOUNG GOLFER
02-12-2011, 21:14
Well a big thankyou to Gordon first for being given the day off work by his boss to go up to the hospital to have a chat first hand with the Doctors.
Well Doctors were about to release Lynn from the hospital but sorry to say she has a slight infection in her throat they thought it's best to clear that up before they think about maybe letting her leave sometime next week.
They are really happy with how Lynne has coped through this whole nightmare and feel the best thing for her would be to get on a flight ASAP to be with family and friends being in her own environment would be the best thing.....they said they have no propblem with her going on a flight but first to sort out this infection....so will let you guys know when that day is when we find out.

We will be able to pick her up from hospital bring her down to the south where she can stay with her husband....we have still enough of the money to more than cover the cost of flights for both her and her husband.

David did ask me if i could ask anyone who might have a nice long coat for her journey as she does not have one so if anyone has one think she is a size 12 that would be great also i was just thinking maybe a hat and scarf might be a good idea as it might be cold when she lands back in the UK.

Will keep you guys updated as and when i know more but for now this could be the best xmas present for all her family and friends seeing her safe and well and back in the UK.

Thanks again to Gordon for everything today....cheers mate owe you a beer.

caroletenerife
02-12-2011, 21:23
I dont have a long coat but i do have a suede type cosy jacket with fur lining (fake fur :)). It saw me through minus 15 last year in Scotland so should keep Lynn warm, dont have a scarf but will look in the shop tomorrow, does she need warm clothes for here until she goes home.

YOUNG GOLFER
02-12-2011, 21:24
thanks for all you have done for dave & lynne if you see him say all his golfing mates in the uk are thinking of them and that the news keeps getting better dave b

David forgot to say he sends his best wishes to you and all the guys at the Golf society and asked if you would pick up his 6 trophies...he had a big smile on his face at the time mate when he asked me to say this to you.

Alex Canale
05-12-2011, 19:57
Hi I am David Canales daughter. Lynne is my stepmother. I have been over here since last week and would just like to thank everyone for their help over the last 5 weeks. Everybody has been so kind at this terrible time. Lynne is doing so well and should be well enough to travel home at the end of this week or early next. Again thank you all for your help. I will let you know when she is home and her progress. Regards Alex

ali marshall
06-12-2011, 10:00
Glad lynn is doing so well,i have a suitcase here full of stuff for live arico and in it is a scarf and a pair of wool gloves also some thick tights.If anyone can pick the suitcase up or i can meet someone tommorow near the sunday market with the gloves etc let me know.

YOUNG GOLFER
09-12-2011, 12:51
Well i guess this is the news everyone has been waiting for...... today David is on his way with Gordon to collect his wife who will be discharged this afternoon from Hospital.
Now it's just a case of booking them seats back to London so they can be back with their family well in time for Xmas.
Will give a full update later tonight.:)

Suej
09-12-2011, 12:54
Brilliant news Sir YG!!! A very happy Christmas to Lynne David and the Family!!!:hello:

YOUNG GOLFER
11-12-2011, 03:13
Latest update...
Well tonight i went to the bar to drop off their flight tickets for tomorrow night .........Lynne was discharged Friday late afternoon but due to no flights on Saturday we managed to book them on a flight for Sunday at 19.50 back to London Gatwick which is the airport they requested....the Doctors here have given David a letter to say she could fly and also said it was best she went on the next flight home as they have only given her enough medication to last her till Monday.

Was very surprised to see both of them at the bar tonight when dropping off the tickets as i would of thought they would of been in their apartment....but it gave me a chance to meet Lynne for the first time.... i introduced myself to her and gave her a kiss but think she was more interested in looking around the shops lol she was asked by her husband to at least say hi but then again she has been through a lot and it will take time for her to get back to her normal self.

The owner of the bar brought out a little surprise a early birthday cake for her which seemed to go down a treat....again top marks to the Shakesspears bar.:)

So there you go....a very happy ending to what could of been far worse ..... i did say if by any chance you do come back to Tenerife then please give us a call to see if we can help out with a apartment to give them another chance of a holiday.

As much as i am happy they are going home and she is better i also think that before anyone thinks about going on holiday please please check that you have holiday insurance..... this was a happy ending for this couple and i have to say the Hospital Doctors and Nurses were first class not forgetting members on the forum and Staff/owners and clients of Shakesapears that all came together to help this couple in their hour of need.

Thanks again to everyone who helped on the forum... but biggest thanks goes to Gordon who went so much out of his way to help..cheers mate:) found out he is also a member on here the forum:wink2: but dont ask i am not going to tell you his user name:wink2:

Andy0210
11-12-2011, 03:30
Well done Mate, another success story, get them home to their families, its the best place for them!

Mission Accomplished. :)

YOUNG GOLFER
11-12-2011, 03:34
Mission Accomplished think your right.......... and thanks to you mate for your help cheers bud:)

West mids tyke
11-12-2011, 10:15
great end to a sad story well done yg and everybody on the forum, we were in los cris at the time of the fundraising nite and would have been there if id not been taken ill myself, ive been in hospital ever since coming back home with polar vein thrombosis but this thread is all about david n lynne not me, good luck to you both and hope you make a speedy recovery lynne

Goforgold
11-12-2011, 11:17
great end to a sad story well done yg and everybody on the forum, we were in los cris at the time of the fundraising nite and would have been there if id not been taken ill myself, ive been in hospital ever since coming back home with polar vein thrombosis but this thread is all about david n lynne not me, good luck to you both and hope you make a speedy recovery lynne

It was a great ending thanks to YG putting all that effort in and getting the ball rolling for everyone to join in with him and help. Not an easy task when you're running a business and have a family and all the other things that pull on your time.

Very sorry to hear that you are having such a rough time at the moment WMT - I wish you a speedy recovery.

doreen
11-12-2011, 19:14
Just had a call from YG... arriving at the airport (along with Gordon) to say Goodbye and Safe Home to David and Lynne. Great effort guys !

And please, could everyone take on board just how important Travel Insurance is ... just imagine if Phil had not met David in Candelaria that time and posted on here, and YG hadn't rallied around the troops .. and so many members on here hadn't contributed, and the owners of Shakespeare's hadn't helped out in such a magnificent fashion along with all the Acts that gave their time for the Benefit Night .... it really doesn't bear thinking about (and hopefully David, Lynne & family will remember that too)

Your EHIC/E111 card is not enough - it will save you some medical bills but that is all ... you really must have adequate Travel Insurance to survive in unfortunate, but possible, circumstances such as these.

Peterrayner
11-12-2011, 19:24
Its such a false economy and with it being offered by most filght only or holiday packages on the web at the time of booking there really is no excuse.