PDA

View Full Version : Slodgedad is chuffed to bits

slodgedad
10-11-2011, 20:04
What a fantastic pressie I received today.

As most of you know I haven't left the 'rock' for over 5 years because of various health and financial reasons and was becoming resigned to the fact I would never see Blighty again.

I have a significant birthday on Monday and my ideal gift would have been a swanky meal for me and her indoors but;

My son and daughter have arranged with the family in the UK to chip together and give us a fortnight in Yorkshire. She gave me the tickets this morning and has even sorted out permission to fly for Carol. We are flying on Sunday. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Don't know how much internet access I'll have so all you buggers who keep PM ing me to sort stuff out will have to pick on someone else for a change.:twak::sorry::raspberry2:

Been out this afternoon borrowing warm clothes..........:spin:

Ecky Thump
10-11-2011, 20:09
Great news for you and Carol.:c2:

I am sure that you will enjoy your stay with all your family around you.:)

tonypub
10-11-2011, 20:13
happy for ya mate:spin:

tizzywizzy
10-11-2011, 20:22
That is some pressy. Have a lovely holiday in yorkshire and yes you will need warm clothes.

sunspot
10-11-2011, 20:35
Fantastic news Slodgie,it will be lovely for you both to be around family for you big birthday,have a fabulous time and a big hug to your lovely family for making this happens

Tom & Sharon
10-11-2011, 20:37
I have been working in Hull for the last two months (posh Yorkshire i believe) and its been quite warm and dry :whistle:
Don't forget its green,cool and we drive on the correct side of the road!!

Seriously though,its about time you had some good news and this news will be hard to top,have a great two weeks in blighty

All the best from T&S

Tom

AL JAY
10-11-2011, 20:42
Thats great news Slodgie,Hope you have a great time!:party4::drinking:

cainaries
10-11-2011, 21:10
How wonderful! We'll try to stay well-behaved for 2 and a bit weeks, but we're not promising. I don't even know you but I've got tears in my eyes.

And Happy Birthday for Monday!

Tinkabel
10-11-2011, 21:12
Fantastic News Slodge, you and your wife must be chuffed to bits, Say hello to Yorkshire for me.

warbey
10-11-2011, 21:27
Sounds Good to Me. You both deserve it
Dont forget the Brown You get is RUST.
Enjoy it .................

P.S. Dont forget to return cos Youll be missed...

YOUNG GOLFER
10-11-2011, 21:31
Have a great time with your family and wife very happy on your good news mate.....Don't worry too much about the forum we will get a member to take over your duties for a couple of weeks.

Right where is 9plus when you need him:tiphat:

slodgedad
10-11-2011, 21:36
Have a great time with your family and wife very happy on your good news mate.....Don't worry too much about the forum we will get a member to take over your duties for a couple of weeks.

Right where is 9plus when you need him:tiphat:

Great plan that, Stu. Every thread would be edited Pfft, Yeah OK or seagulls...:eyebrows:

TenerifeFanatic
10-11-2011, 23:08
Fantatsic news!!! Enjoy,enjoy, enjoy!!!!:jumping:

obs
10-11-2011, 23:19
Great plan that, Stu. Every thread would be edited Pfft, Yeah OK or seagulls...:eyebrows:

C'mon you seagulls is Brighton & Hove Albion !!!

Enjoy Slodgie, if it's not too personal, whereabouts in Gods County?

seanocelt
10-11-2011, 23:22
:wink::wave:

glostergirl
11-11-2011, 00:13
chuffed to bits for u slodgie have a great time xx

karinagal
11-11-2011, 00:23
You've had a tough time this year, I'm so happy to see you getting some good news for a change!! Here's hoping you have an absolutely fabulous time! :D

Santiago
11-11-2011, 00:29
Congratulations on having a lovely family - obviously very well brought up! Hope you have a fabulous time and a very happy birthday on Monday!

:party2::party2::party4::party2::party2:

stevem
11-11-2011, 09:43
Haha have a brilliant time!!! Rest assured, not much has changed, just higher taxes, fuel prices and more hoodies!

Have a safe trip, and more importantly, enjoy!!!

Malteser Monkey
11-11-2011, 10:30
What a fantastic pressie I received today.

As most of you know I haven't left the 'rock' for over 5 years because of various health and financial reasons and was becoming resigned to the fact I would never see Blighty again.

I have a significant birthday on Monday and my ideal gift would have been a swanky meal for me and her indoors but;

My son and daughter have arranged with the family in the UK to chip together and give us a fortnight in Yorkshire. She gave me the tickets this morning and has even sorted out permission to fly for Carol. We are flying on Sunday. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Don't know how much internet access I'll have so all you buggers who keep PM ing me to sort stuff out will have to pick on someone else for a change.:twak::sorry::raspberry2:

Been out this afternoon borrowing warm clothes..........:spin:

It's Yorkshire Slodgie not outer Mongolia - they have broadband there (I think:cheeky:)

Have a fantastic time and a Happy Birthday from me !

A week or two ??

Suej
11-11-2011, 14:15
What a lovely present! So happy for you Slodge! have a wonderful time and and great Birthday!:jumping:

Angusjim
11-11-2011, 14:33
I have been working in Hull for the last two months (posh Yorkshire i believe) and its been quite warm and dry :whistle:
Don't forget its green,cool and we drive on the correct side of the road!!

Seriously though,its about time you had some good news and this news will be hard to top,have a great two weeks in blighty

All the best from T&S

Tom

Tom I hear everwhere is posh compared to Yorkshire but that may just be a rumour:whistle:

But back to the thread have a great time Slodgie maybe your luck will change after a very well deserved break in the UK you are one guy who certainly deserves a change in fortune.

All the best

Jim

Goforgold
11-11-2011, 17:27
What a wonderful surprise for you and your wife - couldn't have happened to a nicer gent :tiphat: !!!

Have a great time with your family and a fantastic birthday. ....:party4:

slodgedad
12-11-2011, 05:05
Thanks, everyone for your thoughts and best wishes. Carol's chuffed to bits.

Sorry I've not replied sooner but been busy organizing everything at this end..(Dogs, cat etc etc)

To answer some of the questions; 19 days, S.Glamorgan, Yes, Maybe, Ta.

garlicbread
12-11-2011, 11:37
Have a great time Slodge.

DOREEN QUINN
12-11-2011, 16:35
Hope you both have a good time, you deserve it after the year you have had. Love to Carol, and Happy Birthday too!!

timmylish
13-11-2011, 00:21
Slodgie I,m am more delighted than most particularly for your wife being allowed to fly! I sincerely wish you both a fantastic holiday and the time you,ll spend with family. You,ll need to rest up when you come home 'though!

slodgedad
13-11-2011, 02:22
Getting excited now. Flying in 6 hours.....:jumping::jumping::jumping:

Tom & Sharon
13-11-2011, 13:00
Have a fab time.

The shops and pubs etc. are now all done up for Xmas in England, so will really get you in the spirit.

It's not too cold yet either! Enjoy!

princessmonika
14-11-2011, 12:36
have a great time