PDA

View Full Version : Bars Taylors Lounge Bar, El Mirador, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

slodgedad
08-06-2011, 00:30
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

browngirlinring
12-06-2011, 11:58
a big bar full mainly of noisy cockneys, bit like being in the capital. nice looking bar though,good to view the football. big choice of drinks.

Bazz
12-06-2011, 12:19
Really liked Taylors Bar. Had a bit of Christmas dinner in it last December (3 courses for something like about 10 euro!!!!) and it was very good. :hungry::D

marbro8
12-06-2011, 12:29
as forum members know this is our favorite of all the bars on the el mirador strip, paul and the staff are very friendly and make you welcome, they take the time (when they can) to sometimes sit at your table and have a chat,the place has just had a refurb and is done out like an american dinner with tv screens in the walls at all the tables inside,the local larger is 1.50 a pint with mixers being about 2.00 the food is good and you would pay about 6-7 euros for most main meals on the menu, there are two large screens on the outside terrace and you can smoke outside there as well, but don't worry if it rains there are two large canopies that cover the terraces

lozzie1821
12-06-2011, 12:32
Taylors Lounge is 1 of the best bars on the strip & ive noticed alot of bars opening there try to keep up the decor taylors have. which i think is modern and comfortable and makes the mirador look stylish and sophisticated, you wouldnt think they charged such prices as they did.
Staff are great in there. Friendly and always smiling which i think is a must when you go into a bar - no one wants to look at a glummy face on their holidays

lancslad
30-06-2011, 08:23
great staff,friendly owners,good food.one of my fav bars on "the strip"

mboro1234
28-07-2011, 12:43
This is the best bar in Los Cristianos, service is always spot on, never have an empty glass for long, many bars in Tenerife should use these as an example of how to run a successful bar

CharlieBhoy
05-08-2011, 12:20
[I]There is no doubt that this the best bar by far in LC.
The staff are fantastic and always have a smile on their face.
Paul & Casey are the perfect hosts and I can say that I have never had a disappointing time in Taylors.
Nothing is too much bother for any of the staff, and the meals are lovely.
Missing it already and looking forward to visiting again.

dom
05-08-2011, 12:52
got to say this is my favourite bar on the island good beer good food and excellent service nothing is too much trouble for paul and the girls who work there.

Angusjim
21-04-2014, 16:05
Was in again last week and in my opinion the best bar on the strip good beer, good food and brilliant staff:c2::c2:
And on the subject of staff they had an advert up looking for bar staff

Ecky Thump
21-04-2014, 17:12
Was in again last week and in my opinion the best bar on the strip good beer, good food and brilliant staff:c2::c2:
And on the subject of staff they had an advert up looking for bar staff

If the recommendation comes from you, then I shall let marbro8 drag me in and buy me a drink or two.:laugh:

tfs1
21-04-2014, 17:39
the plaice to go for fish and chips on a Tuesday and Thursday - if i recall the days correctly.

marbro8
21-04-2014, 18:21
the plaice to go for fish and chips on a Tuesday and Thursday - if i recall the days correctly. yep homemade chips:tongue:

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

If the recommendation comes from you, then I shall let marbro8 drag me in and buy me a drink or two.:laugh:you don't need much persuasion:eyebrows:

TOTO 99
21-04-2014, 19:21
yep homemade chips:tongue:

you don't need much persuasion:eyebrows:

Great post but I'm worried about the words "Drag" and "persuasion"......:laugh:

essexeddie
24-04-2014, 19:23
Never been in there but walk past daily. Always packed out so they must be doing something right. Doesn't look my sort of place though. Bit loud and flash.

Stoney
24-04-2014, 19:57
Ordered off the snack menu (jacket spud and curry) when it arrived it was more like a main meal, great value for money and very tasty, was stuffed after eating it, but that might have had something to do with the beers I had to wash it all down. Great spot for food and drink have heard the fish and chips are usually a good choice.

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 07:47
If the recommendation comes from you, then I shall let marbro8 drag me in and buy me a drink or two.:laugh:

So Mr Thump did you visit Taylors ?

Ecky Thump
08-06-2014, 08:55
Yes Jim we did, and the service and food were both first class.....and most importantly, so was the price!

Saying that, I prefer to walk a bit further and try to find a Spanish owned bar or restaurant, as I find that the Mirador strip tends to be a bit like "Little Britain" and apart from the obvious sunshine (no cloud, as you weren't there:laugh:) and costing you could be in Largs or any English holiday resort.

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 09:46
Yes Jim we did, and the service and food were both first class.....and most importantly, so was the price!

Saying that, I prefer to walk a bit further and try to find a Spanish owned bar or restaurant, as I find that the Mirador strip tends to be a bit like "Little Britain" and apart from the obvious sunshine (no cloud, as you weren't there:laugh:) and costing you could be in Largs or any English holiday resort.

I thought the price would suit you since Marbro probably paid the bill.:laugh:

Ecky Thump
08-06-2014, 10:01
I thought the price would suit you since Marbro probably paid the bill.:laugh:

Oh, you know me so well!

It's all marbro8 fault, he makes no allowance for my advancing age and runs to the bar to pay the bill, which unfortunately leaves me unable to pay.:cry:

TOTO 99
08-06-2014, 10:03
Oh, you know me so well!

It's all marbro8 fault, he makes no allowance for my advancing age and runs to the bar to pay the bill, which unfortunately leaves me unable to pay.:cry:

You spelt "unwilling" wrong there Ecky....:laugh:

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 10:05
You spelt "unwilling" wrong there Ecky....:laugh:
Why does does a Yorkshire man pick on the Scots all the time:whistle::whistle:

TOTO 99
08-06-2014, 10:15

I wouldn't know..I'm from Cheshire..well, I am now anyway. When I was born Warrington was in Lancashire but for some reason we changed...........If you look on a mapyou'll find Yorkshire can be found approximately 100 years behind us....:laugh:

Ecky Thump

I was always made to believe that Warrington was in Cheshire!:raspberry2:

Leam_Lin
[QUOTE=Angusjim;375194]Why does does a Yorkshire man pick on the Scots all the time:whistle::whistle:

Angusjim
08-06-2014, 10:16
I wouldn't know..I'm from Cheshire..well, I am now anyway. When I was born Warrington was in Lancashire but for some reason we changed...........If you look on a mapyou'll find Yorkshire can be found approximately 100 years behind us....:laugh:

Yorkshire / Lancashire are they not just the same:tiphat:

Ecky Thump
08-06-2014, 10:19

Logic says yes as they all inter-marry, which accounts for them being deformed with very short arms that can't reach their pockets!:crylaughing:

TOTO 99
08-06-2014, 10:20

Are you serious?.....try this little experiment....first, think about me........ok....now think about LUCKY........

See what I mean?....:laugh:

Ecky Thump
08-06-2014, 10:25
Are you serious?.....try this little experiment....first, think about me........ok....now think about LUCKY........

So it's not the ferrets in your pockets that stops you paying the bar bill!:raspberry:

Malteser Monkey
08-06-2014, 10:49

you are on form this morning !:crylaughing:

reading back a few pages I still find it amazing that people will travel 4/5 hours and include fish and chips on the itinerary ?

When you live there its a different matter

LUCKY
08-06-2014, 13:06

Tut Tut :feret::feret::feret::feret::feret::feret: I always buy the first round :respect::flatcap:

tfs1
04-02-2015, 22:37
i think i would be worried after reading that:whistle: if was only the once you will be fine, my worry is how often are we eating it without knowing???, there was something in the papers a while ago telling us that british chippys were selling it as cod to make more proffit:(

in the UK its also known as river cobbler - makes it sound better than panga ! - cod it isnt.

Loads of places sell it - I'm told Taylors Lounge have fantastic fish and chips, will give them a go - at least we can get in there without having to wait months for a table !

marbro8
04-02-2015, 22:52
in the UK its also known as river cobbler - makes it sound better than panga ! - cod it isnt.

Loads of places sell it - I'm told Taylors Lounge have fantastic fish and chips, will give them a go - at least we can get in there without having to wait months for a table !i can vouch for taylors fish and homemade chips:)

essexeddie
08-02-2015, 19:21
We had the fish and chips in Taylor's a couple of weeks ago and found it lovely. I spoke to the owner who said he got his fish from Russia and it was Cod.

well at the moment they seem a lot more appertising than that fish:laugh: and just to stay on topic as far as i know olivers don't pass off panga as cod:laugh:

I agree. I can't see them using Panga. I would be very surprised if they did.

Angusjim
07-03-2015, 08:42
i can vouch for taylors fish and homemade chips:)

Is it the size of portions or the quality you are vouching for Ecky tells me it normally quantity over quality that you go for:laugh::hungry:

Angusjim
01-04-2015, 14:32
As usual great service, good beer & food the best bar on the strip:c2::c2::c2:

Angusjim
06-11-2015, 13:50
Had a breakfast and a beer one lunchtime then it was closed due to alterations to the toilets we wiz nae happy as we do enjoy Taylors :( it is meant to open again today ( Friday )

essexeddie
07-11-2015, 00:22
Still shut yesterday

marbro8
07-11-2015, 00:51
Still shut yesterdayas much as i love paul and cassey. my sister in law and family went there for brecky in october. and had to wait about an hour to get their food. because paul said they had a new chef and anyone that had ordered just toast and sandwiches got served first because it was quicker than serving full brecky???. they had an argument with paul where he tried to explain but just walked off after the confrontation???. i wasn't there so who knows? i have always found paul to be both amicable and fair. and the staff to be welcoming and friendly. but as tenerife gets to be more popular and competitive. i wonder and fear for the older establishments. because they tend to sit on their butts and rely on old custom rather than evolve with the rest of the island:(

Angusjim
07-11-2015, 08:26
as much as i love paul and cassey. my sister in law and family went there for brecky in october. and had to wait about an hour to get their food. because paul said they had a new chef and anyone that had ordered just toast and sandwiches got served first because it was quicker than serving full brecky???. they had an argument with paul where he tried to explain but just walked off after the confrontation???. i wasn't there so who knows? i have always found paul to be both amicable and fair. and the staff to be welcoming and friendly. but as tenerife gets to be more popular and competitive. i wonder and fear for the older establishments. because they tend to sit on their butts and rely on old custom rather than evolve with the rest of the island:(

Not sure what you mean by evolve like the rest of the island ? Taylor's is still by a mile the busiest bar with the best staff in the area I don't think because of one small incident that has changed , I am sure they will sort out any teething issues with new staff and get back to what they do best.

Still shut yesterday

Must admit I looked in on Wednesday afternoon and it looked like a disaster area and thought they may struggle to open on Friday

tfs1
07-11-2015, 09:36
Not sure what you mean by evolve like the rest of the island ? Taylor's is still by a mile the busiest bar with the best staff in the area I don't think because of one small incident that has changed , I am sure they will sort out any teething issues with new staff and get back to what they do best.

Must admit I looked in on Wednesday afternoon and it looked like a disaster area and thought they may struggle to open on Friday

I agree about opening yesterday, I have never seen so many large sheets of plasterboard !

Angusjim
07-11-2015, 11:32
I agree about opening yesterday, I have never seen so many large sheets of plasterboard !

Was to be today 2.30pm but now put back till 9.30am Sunday glad too see the construction industry in Tenerife is alive and kicking:lol::lol:. I worked in shopfitting in UK for more years than I care to think about and NEVER did we miss an opening date for pubs / shops etc it was simply not an option

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2015, 11:34
Was to be today 2.30pm but now put back till 9.30am Sunday glad too see the construction industry in Tenerife is alive and kicking:lol::lol:. I worked in shopfitting in UK for more years than I care to think about and NEVER did we miss an opening date for pubs / shops etc it was simply not an option

:laugh::lol: Ohh sorry AJ I read that as "I worked in shoplifting in UK"

I must put my glasses on before reading:laugh:

Angusjim
07-11-2015, 11:36

I must put my glasses on before reading:laugh:

Do you never stop:spin::spin:

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2015, 11:38
Do you never stop:spin::spin:

You keep me going AJ:kiss:

but that was serious I really did see that at first look !

TOTO 99
07-11-2015, 12:12
You keep me going AJ:kiss:

but that was serious I really did see that at first look !

And what word would you have seen if it had been Kingbaker being discussed?....:laugh:

Angusjim
07-11-2015, 12:14
And what word would you have seen if it had been Kingbaker being discussed?....:laugh:

Begins with F and ends in D:lol:

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2015, 12:16
Come on guys behave - takes all sorts to make a forum:laugh:

TOTO 99
07-11-2015, 12:18
Come on guys behave - takes all sorts to make a forum:laugh:

We're sorry......:sorry:

Angusjim
07-11-2015, 12:19
We're sorry......:sorry:

Speek for yersel:whistle:

Malteser Monkey
07-11-2015, 13:14
Speek for yersel:whistle:

He has to coz there's no chance of you being understood:laugh:

essexeddie
07-11-2015, 15:46
Taylors looked like it was open today as I drove past. Unless it was all the builders having a break

BrianT
07-11-2015, 23:44
Penalty clause in contract for if not finished on time, it cost money to owner or contracter. Or it should ???

marbro8
08-11-2015, 00:49

I must put my glasses on before reading:laugh: he will not watch free streaming tv but has worked in shoplifting:D

Angusjim
08-11-2015, 08:37
Penalty clause in contract for if not finished on time, it cost money to owner or contracter. Or it should ???

Tenerife building contract finished on time not a phrase you hear often in the same sentence in Tenerife:laugh:. On another subject I was watching then doing the concrete work on a building next to the filling station in Los Cristianos the health & Safety or complete lack of it was unbelievable it took me back around 30 years:eek::eek::eek:

Ecky Thump
08-11-2015, 11:15
Tenerife building contract finished on time not a phrase you hear often in the same sentence in Tenerife:laugh:. On another subject I was watching then doing the concrete work on a building next to the filling station in Los Cristianos the health & Safety or complete lack of it was unbelievable it took me back about 30 years:eek::eek::eek:

Given your age, it could have taken you back more than 50 Years!! :D

Angusjim
08-11-2015, 11:22
Given your age, it could have taken you back more than 50 Years!! :D

Thank you Father Time:laugh:

essexeddie
08-11-2015, 12:28
Oooo very sharp. He he

I_N_Cognito
08-11-2015, 13:51

I remember when Taylor's first opened, Paul did most of the work himself fitting the place out, must have money to burn now if he's paying others to do the work for him, can recall him saying the hardest part was was getting the certifications for the work carried out to get the place open...

Tenerife building contract finished on time not a phrase you hear often in the same sentence in Tenerife:laugh:. On another subject I was watching then doing the concrete work on a building next to the filling station in Los Cristianos the health & Safety or complete lack of it was unbelievable it took me back around 30 years:eek::eek::eek:

Health and safety,,, recall a few years back, there's a guy painting a building just up from the Apollo centre, building must have been about five stories high, he's got a sash clamp attached to the balcony wall of the top flat, at the end of the sash clamp he's got a pulley wheel attached, through that a rope attached to a sling seat, he's using the rope to raise and lower himself, not only is he going up and down, but he's swinging himself sideways to get a bigger area covered with paint to save having to keep moving the sash clamp,,, he's wearing shorts and trainers, oh, and a high vis vest, suspect that was to make him stand out splattered all over the pavement...

specialk
10-11-2015, 23:46
Whole bar like a scene from keeping up appearances.

Angusjim
11-11-2015, 07:30
Whole bar like a scene from keeping up appearances.

No you will have top explain that one to me its went right over my heid???:dontknow:

TOTO 99
11-11-2015, 07:38
No you will have top explain that one to me its went right over my heid???:dontknow:

And mine....:lol:

Medman
11-11-2015, 09:16

It was high !

Angusjim
11-11-2015, 13:44

Maybe meant Shameless:laugh::laugh:

TOTO 99
11-11-2015, 13:47
Maybe meant Shameless:laugh::laugh:

It's Taylors, not the Monk.....:laugh:

LindaD
03-12-2015, 20:23
Taylors been very busy this week every time we have passed it. Although today there is some work going on in their front porch bit and all the tables and chairs moved inside. They seem to have loads of TVs in there, will send a photie next time I pass!!!

LindaD
06-12-2015, 21:39
Taken tonight, always busy!!!!

imablue
06-12-2015, 23:13
Very busy not thanks Linda...walked straight past there today and went in Manhattens..
Now there is a far more welcoming boss and staff who do seem to be on the sober side of half ****** ...

marbro8
07-12-2015, 19:24
Very busy not thanks Linda...walked straight past there today and went in Manhattens..
Now there is a far more welcoming boss and staff who do seem to be on the sober side of half ****** ...last time i was in manhattens. i asked for a double southern comfort. and was greeted with this:crylaughing::crylaughing::crylaughing:. needless to say i ended up taking the half pint glass home to put in the fridge so as not to waste it:o

golazzo
07-12-2015, 19:24
I tend to find that the clientele that frequent the place are the 'look at me I live in Tenerife type'

Not a place that interests me. Same goes for Smileys. Christ that place is something else

marbro8
07-12-2015, 19:30
I tend to find that the clientele that frequent the place are the 'look at me I live in Tenerife type'

Not a place that interests me. Same goes for Smileys. Christ that place is something elsetaylors was my favorite bar for years. it was our first and last port of call every time we went to tenerife. i have always liked paul and casey. but there are sooo many other good bars around. in fact the last 2 times we have visited. we just haven't had the time to go in. and because there are usually 5 of us. it's difficult to get a table outside

delderek
07-12-2015, 19:47
Taylors was the first and the nicest place to open on that strip, it called itself a lounge bar and was. The whole strip could have been nicely a little "upmarket". IMHO the whole area now looks a mess, and so typical of the standard Tenerife offering. A bit like Puerto Colon, original concept was good, but now!

Ecky Thump
07-12-2015, 19:48
taylors was my favorite bar for years. it was our first and last port of call every time we went to tenerife. i have always liked paul and casey. but there are sooo many other good bars around. in fact the last 2 times we have visited. we just haven't had the time to go in. and because there are usually 5 of us. it's difficult to get a table outside

Like you, I never went in on my last visit, but I have found all the bars in the El Mirador area friendly and I should add, I've been visiting Tenerife for the last 20 Years or so and have generally found all the bars and restaurants very friendly and welcoming.;)

kingbaker
07-12-2015, 20:13
taylors was my favorite bar for years. it was our first and last port of call every time we went to tenerife. i have always liked paul and casey. but there are sooo many other good bars around. in fact the last 2 times we have visited. we just haven't had the time to go in. and because there are usually 5 of us. it's difficult to get a table outside

They'll probably have forgotten you by now...so you should be ok now.:lol::lol:

Ecky Thump
07-12-2015, 20:20
Taylors was the first and the nicest place to open on that strip, it called itself a lounge bar and was. The whole strip could have been nicely a little "upmarket". IMHO the whole area now looks a mess, and so typical of the standard Tenerife offering. A bit like Puerto Colon, original concept was good, but now!

I'm no expert on finance in business, but it seems to me that while there are so many holiday makers looking for the €1 pint and a €3 or less breakfast, free entertainment, then it leaves little or nothing for the bar owners to make any reinvestment in the bar.

LindaD
08-12-2015, 19:29
Too many TVs and noise in Taylors as someone has said so many other places to go. Suppose it'll be ok if you like fitbaw, with all those screen you can see it from every angleeek2:

TOTO 99
08-12-2015, 19:32
Too many TVs and noise in Taylors as someone has said so many other places to go. Suppose it'll be ok if you like fitbaw, with all those screen you can see it from every angleeek2:

Yeah, like Harveys for instance....:laugh:

LindaD
08-12-2015, 19:35
Yeah, like Harveys for instance....:laugh:
Am sitting right at the front TOTO 99 almost on the street, only me and another couple of folk in it - and I mean 2!!!!! so far, and only 2 tellies on though, but you're right, fitbaw again. Am away for ma tea :laugh:

delderek
08-12-2015, 20:06
I know football is the new religion, and if you are not a fan, you are deemed not normal. But in most bars the noise, the overloud volume, and grown men having orgasms in public if the little ball goes into a big net is all too much for me. Much nicer to have a drink on your own terrace. So if I opened a bar where football was banned I and a few others would love it, and be broke in a very short time!:whistle:

lynno52
08-12-2015, 20:14
I know football is the new religion, and if you are not a fan, you are deemed not normal. But in most bars the noise, the overloud volume, and grown men having orgasms in public if the little ball goes into a big net is all too much for me. Much nicer to have a drink on your own terrace. So if I opened a bar where football was banned I and a few others would love it, and be broke in a very short time!:whistle:

I would certainly be one of your customers!

TOTO 99
08-12-2015, 20:23
I would certainly be one of your customers!

Well that alone would ensure Delderek a new Ferrari every year........hahaha.

lynno52
08-12-2015, 20:35
Well that alone would ensure Delderek a new Ferrari every year........hahaha.

Hey you! :twak: Who's been spying on me? Your sister and brother-in-law and Mr Thump?

imablue
08-12-2015, 21:00

Beg to differ on Taylors being the first place open on that strip..The Oyster Catcher was open before Taylors.. and it had entertainment on of an evening, which was quite popular in its own right.
I remember being in Taylors with Paul whilst it was being constructed and having an invitation to partake in a drink on the night it finally opened . How times change....

Ecky Thump
08-12-2015, 21:16
Beg to differ on Taylors being the first place open on that strip..The Oyster Catcher was open before Taylors.. and it had entertainment on of an evening, which was quite popular in its own right.
I remember being in Taylors with Paul whilst it was being constructed and having an invitation to partake in a drink on the night it finally opened . How times change....

Can you remember when Shambles Bar opened, a few years back it was packed every night with good acts and Bollie was the resident compère. Last time we were there in October it was a disaster, the noise level from Harvey's next door was so loud you couldn't think...let alone talk!!

delderek
08-12-2015, 21:16
The Oyster catcher has always been a restaurant, and I never remember entertainment. If you went to the opening of Taylors, you must remember the crazy amount of people that were there, half the road was blocked with people. And I really cant remember the Oyster catcher opening first, but it was a long time ago.

Medman
08-12-2015, 21:47
Can you remember when Shambles Bar opened, a few years back it was packed every night with good acts and Bollie was the resident compère. Last time we were there in October it was a disaster, the noise level from Harvey's next door was so loud you couldn't think...let alone talk!!

We were in Shambles in September and Taylor's Bar was shut! Shambles as you say very busy. Seemed like a lot of regulars/residents. Good prices and service. Big jug of cocktail for 10 euros if I remember. Can't remember the act so couldn't have been up to much. But boy do they need air-con. We couldn't sit inside even if we had wanted to watch the act so had to sit outside which was a bit cooler.

Ecky Thump
08-12-2015, 21:54
We were in Shambles in September and Taylor's Bar was shut! Shambles as you say very busy. Seemed like a lot of regulars/residents. Good prices and service. Big jug of cocktail for 10 euros if I remember. Can't remember the act so couldn't have been up to much. But boy do they need air-con. We couldn't sit inside even if we had wanted to watch the act so had to sit outside which was a bit cooler.

It would appear that the Shambles is one of the bars that's suffering from the lack of reinvestment, when it opened the White/cream faux leather seating and cushions were very chic and at that time the air conditioning worked to a point where you felt cold,....but alas now??

Medman
08-12-2015, 22:00
It would appear that the Shambles is one of the bars that's suffering from the lack of reinvestment, when it opened the White/cream faux leather seating and cushions were very chic and at that time the air conditioning worked to a point where you felt cold,....but alas now??

Certainly going by how busy it is, a wee bit of re-investment should be possible. But as you have said before, it's a tough old life owning a bar in Tenerife these days. Just so many to choose from.

imablue
08-12-2015, 22:29
The Oyster catcher has always been a restaurant, and I never remember entertainment. If you went to the opening of Taylors, you must remember the crazy amount of people that were there, half the road was blocked with people. And I really cant remember the Oyster catcher opening first, but it was a long time ago.

Believe me Del.. the Oyster was a bar that had evening entertainment on ..been there, done that and got the greasy tea towels that my partner took home to wash, as she worked there mate ...
As an aside the guy that owned it had a few other bars in and around Las Americas at the time.

Personally i think some of these bar owners/renters have got themselves into a comfort zone and would not be prepared to change that and are happy to plod along each day,week ,month and year and come out at the end to say well lets start all over again ..
Seems to me that there is no forward vision with some of these people.. Times change ,customers come and go ..have they any idea what it may take to attract the next generation doubt it...

amanda
08-12-2015, 23:37
I remember that to im a blue, some nights it was rammed if I remember rightly the Indian was the next to open

Ecky Thump
09-12-2015, 00:39
I remember that to im a blue, some nights it was rammed if I remember rightly the Indian was the next to open

I'm amazed that the Indian restaurant next to Bo Jangles is still operating, during the month of October you would have been lucky to see a dozen people in total eating there and April as I remember it was the same, yet the Balti Balti a hundred or so metres away is very busy on most evenings, plus they have a thriving "Carry Out" business.

essexeddie
09-12-2015, 20:35
I'm amazed that the Indian restaurant next to Bo Jangles is still operating, during the month of October you would have been lucky to see a dozen people in total eating there and April as I remember it was the same, yet the Balti Balti a hundred or so metres away is very busy on most evenings, plus they have a thriving "Carry Out" business.

We went in there a couple of weeks ago for a meal. Quite a few people popping in for take aways. Not many eating. Didn't really enjoy the meal much as we used to. Been told the best Indian is Bobbys at Costa Del Silencio. Will give it a try. The one in the town near the old Carvery is quite good.

imablue
09-12-2015, 20:47
Amanda ..Don,t know about the Indian being the next place to open on that strip but i do recall a shop opened next door to the Oyster that sold all the usual tat that nobody wants but still go into these places to look around ...some peeps are very strange ....

Ecky Thump
09-12-2015, 20:51
We went in there a couple of weeks ago for a meal. Quite a few people popping in for take aways. Not many eating. Didn't really enjoy the meal much as we used to. Been told the best Indian is Bobbys at Costa Del Silencio. Will give it a try. The one in the town near the old Carvery is quite good.

We last went in about two years ago, for a starter we ordered Pakora, it tasted rancid, when I told them this, they replied..."it's ok, it's only the batter mix that has soured" no opology....Zilch, I then had Lamb Biriani for the main course, I've never seen a smaller portion! I'm that impressed by the place that I can't remember it's name, Just the Indian Restaurant next door to Bo Jangles!!! :D

imablue
09-12-2015, 21:02
Never eaten in the place,never had any good reports.
Went once to Balti Balti not our cup of tea so to speak ,we prefare Krishna 2 in las americas or Sher y Punjab in Fontana Square in Los Cristianos

essexeddie
09-12-2015, 21:18
Been to Balti Balti twice and was not impressed either. Chicken Tikka seemed the lack the right taste. Sher Y Punjab was the place that we seemed to like. But nothing on the Island so far has matched up to what we get in the UK.

Ecky Thump
09-12-2015, 21:27
Been to Balti Balti twice and was not impressed either. Chicken Tikka seemed the lack the right taste. Sher Y Punjab was the place that we seemed to like. But nothing on the Island so far has matched up to what we get in the UK.

I think we are spoiled in the UK for the choice of good Indian cuisine, but in defence of the Balti Balti, I have been there several times over the last few years and the food quality has always been good, plus I'm even more pleased to say that it was marbro8 who first took my wife and I there.....even better, he paid for the meal. :D

imablue
09-12-2015, 21:59
Freebie meals always taste better .............:bottomline:

Ecky Thump
09-12-2015, 22:11
Freebie meals always taste better .............:bottomline:

I'm looking forward to April, we have LindaD for our next door neighbour for a whole month at El Mirador and marbro8 will be just a few apartments away, I should manage to get a few free meals out of them at Taylor's Lounge (now we are back on topic!) :lol:

marbro8
09-12-2015, 23:12
I think we are spoiled in the UK for the choice of good Indian cuisine, but in defence of the Balti Balti, I have been there several times over the last few years and the food quality has always been good, plus I'm even more pleased to say that it was marbro8 who first took my wife and I there.....even better, he paid for the meal. :Dand you have both paid it back in kind. ten fold;)

Ecky Thump
09-12-2015, 23:38
and you have both paid it back in kind. ten fold;)

You'll have people gossiping about our arrangements....but as long as they don't think it's a "bit of the other" arrangement!:D

Angusjim
12-12-2016, 14:40
We visited Taylors few weeks ago when were over in my opinion still the best in the area great service/ staff / beer / food. :heyhey:
Someone mentioned it was up for sale anyone heard of this ?:dontknow:

Ecky Thump
10-01-2017, 12:21
We visited Taylors few weeks ago when were over in my opinion still the best in the area great service/ staff / beer / food. :heyhey:

We have friends who have worked there for a few years and no one has yet mentioned it (quite rightly), it may just be the "Tenerife Jungle Drums Gossip", as is ofton the case. :dontknow:

Angusjim
10-01-2017, 13:32
We have friends who have worked there for a few years and no one has yet mentioned it (quite rightly), it may just be the "Tenerife Jungle Drums Gossip", as is ofton the case. :dontknow:

Thanks for your prompt reply:lol:

Ecky Thump
10-01-2017, 18:53
Thanks for your prompt reply:lol:

The impossible I do immediately....miracles may take a little longer!:bootyshake:

delderek
10-01-2017, 19:31

Yes it was a few years ago, and probably still is. Many Bar owners put them up for sale at silly figures, just hoping that one day someone will offer the asking price. IIRC, Taylors was well over the million quid.:wow:

Ecky Thump
10-01-2017, 20:06
Yes it was a few years ago, and probably still is. Many Bar owners put them up for sale at silly figures, just hoping that one day someone will offer the asking price. IIRC, Taylors was well over the million quid.:wow:

It's just like my house, it's always on the market if someone wants to pay a silly price for it....and my car and my ?? :D

tfs1
08-02-2017, 09:07
It's just like my house, it's always on the market if someone wants to pay a silly price for it....and my car and my ?? :D

also heard at the weekend Taylors is still up for sale.

PUDCLARKE
12-07-2017, 09:43
Anyone know when it will be open again ? Been closed since Sunday