PDA

View Full Version : Internet Europa phone, internet & TV - has anyone moved to this recently?

Cairo
12-11-2011, 17:39
As advertised recently in one of the local free papers, I'm giving consideration to changing from my existing company to this one, http://www.europa-network.com/ , has anyone moved to them recently and what is your experience?

My main concern is my broadband speed which, so I was told last time I checked by Telefonica & Direct Telecom, is a whopping 1MB, however when I phoned Europa they seemed to be able to offer me 3MB!

Anyone one on low broadband speed, if so how are you finding your streaming?

BoPeep
12-11-2011, 19:13
check out 'does anyone have phone and tv through bay connect' thread!

TIS
12-11-2011, 23:49
As advertised recently in one of the local free papers, I'm giving consideration to changing from my existing company to this one, http://www.europa-network.com/ , has anyone moved to them recently and what is your experience?

My main concern is my broadband speed which, so I was told last time I checked by Telefonica & Direct Telecom, is a whopping 1MB, however when I phoned Europa they seemed to be able to offer me 3MB!

We moved our internet to them 3 weeks ago. It took 1 week for the line to be converted and 1 week for the TV top set box and router to arrive ( they apologised for the delay !) and it has been working perfectly. Streaming is brill. No issues, but we are on 10 MB line.

If you have an insurance policy with us, then you automatically get 50€ of the cost of installation/equipment as well!

timmylish
13-11-2011, 00:17
Although this is not suitable for us I,ve seen the TV working on the system and have to say that the reception was fantastic. Clear. Pin point accurate.

Megaloo
13-11-2011, 10:05
We moved our internet to them 3 weeks ago. It took 1 week for the line to be converted and 1 week for the TV top set box and router to arrive ( they apologised for the delay !) and it has been working perfectly. Streaming is brill. No issues, but we are on 10 MB line.

If you have an insurance policy with us, then you automatically get 50€ of the cost of installation/equipment as well!

I am sorry if this is a silly question as I am in no way technical, would you know how we can obtain 10MB I know my speed is nothing like that this is what worries me about changing to this system in case with watching the TV most of the day which my Husband does ??!! it would interfere with my use on the computer?

San Miguel
13-11-2011, 10:34
What TV channels r u getting please? and how much is it ?

Megaloo
13-11-2011, 11:27
What TV channels r u getting please? and how much is it ?

Here is the link I am seriously thinking of getting this system but would be interested to know whether the North gets as good a signal as the South

http://www.europa-network.com/

Muppet
13-11-2011, 12:07
Why wouldn't the north be as good (or bad) as the south?

The TV comes via your phone line/adsl so it wont make any difference PROVIDED you have enough speed.

TIS
13-11-2011, 12:17
I am sorry if this is a silly question as I am in no way technical, would you know how we can obtain 10MB I know my speed is nothing like that this is what worries me about changing to this system in case with watching the TV most of the day which my Husband does ??!! it would interfere with my use on the computer?
Not a silly question. When Europa ring you they can test the quality of your line within minutes and tell you what speed you can get. we have had several customers who previously only had 1mb, now get faster speed, but depends where you are and how old the cabling is from your house to the nearest switch/centre, but Europa deal with all this IN ENGLISH. So if you'd like, e-mail me your tel number and full name and I'll get Europa to call and discuss it with you, no obligation.

Remember, if you have policy with Tenerife Insurance, you get a 50€ discount.

There are currently 13 channels - see our web site later today which will have full details.

PLUS - exclusive to Europa - PREMIER FOOTBALL, LIVE and LEGAL. From December. This is what will set them apart form the other companies.

Tom & Sharon
13-11-2011, 12:55
Not a silly question. When Europa ring you they can test the quality of your line within minutes and tell you what speed you can get. we have had several customers who previously only had 1mb, now get faster speed, but depends where you are and how old the cabling is from your house to the nearest switch/centre, but Europa deal with all this IN ENGLISH. So if you'd like, e-mail me your tel number and full name and I'll get Europa to call and discuss it with you, no obligation.

Remember, if you have policy with Tenerife Insurance, you get a 50€ discount.

There are currently 13 channels - see our web site later today which will have full details.

PLUS - exclusive to Europa - PREMIER FOOTBALL, LIVE and LEGAL. From December. This is what will set them apart form the other companies.

Presumably then, whilst you are obviously doing business with them, and in the know, if Bay Connect is the same Company, they'll be offering it as well?

Muppet
13-11-2011, 13:06
I think the real issue is that it is not clearly understood that the TV programmes available through Europa are received through your ADSL line and not via one of the re-broadcast systems which suffer from bad signals, poor coverage and a whole host of other problems.

What Europa do to check your line is something anyone can do - that is to put your existing landline phone number into the box on this page, fill in the "captcha" and check the results.

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada%2Brd_coberturas%2Bv_segmento%2BAHOG%2Bv _idioma%2Bes%2Bmenu_izq%2B2%2BambitoAcceso%2Bpub,0 0.html?uri=/no/servlet/no32hojg&v_segmento=AHOG

The results from TeleCONica will show you what services are available on your line - the results will offer you offer you either their 3, 6 or 10 meg services - anything over 3 Megs you can be pretty assured it will be more than capable of coping with the TV service.

If you don't have an existing phone line then you will need to speak with Europa so they can work out the distance to your nearest exchange and what speeds are available from it.

Added after 1 8 minutes:

Presumably then, whilst you are obviously doing business with them, and in the know, if Bay Connect is the same Company, they'll be offering it as well?

I think there is probably a clue in the use of the word "Exclusive"

Tom & Sharon
13-11-2011, 14:37
I think the real issue is that it is not clearly understood that the TV programmes available through Europa are received through your ADSL line and not via one of the re-broadcast systems which suffer from bad signals, poor coverage and a whole host of other problems.

What Europa do to check your line is something anyone can do - that is to put your existing landline phone number into the box on this page, fill in the "captcha" and check the results.

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada%2Brd_coberturas%2Bv_segmento%2BAHOG%2Bv _idioma%2Bes%2Bmenu_izq%2B2%2BambitoAcceso%2Bpub,0 0.html?uri=/no/servlet/no32hojg&v_segmento=AHOG

The results from TeleCONica will show you what services are available on your line - the results will offer you offer you either their 3, 6 or 10 meg services - anything over 3 Megs you can be pretty assured it will be more than capable of coping with the TV service.

If you don't have an existing phone line then you will need to speak with Europa so they can work out the distance to your nearest exchange and what speeds are available from it.

Added after 1 8 minutes:

It could still be available exclusively to both their companies though?

I've just checked our line through the above link, and it came back 3 meg, and the system works perfectly.

timmylish
14-11-2011, 01:28
In my humble opinion anything OVER 2 Mgs. should be just about sufficient to receive all of these systems.

TIS
14-11-2011, 01:35
Europa state on their website that the streaming of the TV programs takes up 1,7MB, hence 3MB is sufficient to leave enough bandwidth for internet access of moderate use.

Heavy use e.g. downloading multiple films concurrently will impede this, so for the relatively small extra cost play safe and go for the 10MB.

Remember , if the tv is off, then the full 3MB is availble for the PC.

Megaloo
14-11-2011, 10:44
Europa state on their website that the streaming of the TV programs takes up 1,7MB, hence 3MB is sufficient to leave enough bandwidth for internet access of moderate use.

Heavy use e.g. downloading multiple films concurrently will impede this, so for the relatively small extra cost play safe and go for the 10MB.

Remember , if the tv is off, then the full 3MB is availble for the PC.

Another perhaps thick question as that is what I am, if one has only 3MB coming in if you went for 10MG would one get that?
I ask this as a friend has Europa coming today and he is concerned because he does do a lot of downloading of music etc and was concerned about this, and would gladly pay the extra if available.

Muppet
14-11-2011, 11:00
The maximum speed you can get on your line is dependent entirely on what speeds the exchange can offer and your distance away from it.

If you go back up a few posts, follow the link I posted, put your current landline number in it will tell you what services are available on your number/line. If it offers you the 10 Meg service then obviously go for it, but you must remember that all services offered are "upto" the speed, not actually guaranteed. Most people achieve 6 to 8 Meg speeds on the "upto 10" dervice, and 3 to 4 on the "upto 6" service.

If you have ADSL you can check your actual speed at speedtest.net - it will vary according to the time of day and how many other users are on line.

VIASAT
14-11-2011, 12:01
I was a bit surprised to Find an insurance company selling TV, As a Canal plus dealer I can say that Canal plus Spain are exclusive rights holders for EPL in Spain and as such no other "broadcaster in Spain can legally show them unless they have an agreement with Canal plus.

The main owner of Canal plus is Prisa TV who own (56%), Telefónica (22%) and Mediaset España Comunicación (22%) I am sure without asking the question that Europa network have not signed an agreement to show the football legally as Canal plus who paid £60 million for the rights, As Europa give their TV service away free I can not see them legally buying the rights as my guess is that it would cost around 10 million, As a business I cant see anyone paying 10 million to give away something for free its a flawed business plan.

Also EPL will be free in Spain from August under a deal done with TVE.

The first games to be shown on TVE are Aston Villa vs Liverpool and Manchester vs Reading, on August 11 and 12, respectively.

Obviously the Insurance guy earns money out of promoting the system (That's business) but I would not tell people something is going to be on there legally when legally it is not possible and the Premier league do protect their rights.

TIS
14-11-2011, 12:17
I was a bit surprised to Find an insurance company selling TV........... I am sure without asking the question that Europa network have not signed an agreement to show the football ....
Firstly, we do not sell TV. We are working in collaboration with the company to jointly promote our products. Good business practise!
Secondly, I assure you all is correct. All I can say is... watch this space and see who is correct.

VIASAT
14-11-2011, 12:50
I did not say it would not happen, I am disputing the word "Legally" also I did say its business you earning out of another product but you do seem to spend more time promoting TV than Insurance (Just my observation).

I am amazed at the amount of people who have other business's that want to get involved in Satellite and TV, 2 years ago I found a fruit and veg seller who went round the bars selling Satellite TV cards for Digital Albanian showing Premier League football, (They went off after 3 months as the guy didn't know that business) I knew what was coming as its my business.

The moral of the story stick to what you know not hear say.

karinagal
14-11-2011, 13:20
I was a bit surprised to Find an insurance company selling TV, As a Canal plus dealer I can say that Canal plus Spain are exclusive rights holders for EPL in Spain and as such no other "broadcaster in Spain can legally show them unless they have an agreement with Canal plus.

As far as I can see, TIS is not 'selling TV' nor selling telephony services - they are merely pointing out that customers of Tenerife Insurance can get a discount with Europa. They make no promises, only referring to what the Europa website states is available. Are you perchance feeling somewhat threatened by possible competition?

Why not properly introduce yourself and tell us what it is you are here to promote/sell?

VIASAT
14-11-2011, 13:55
Hi, I am not selling or offering anything, I was pointing out something that i know to be wrong regarding EPL.

I am just giving information for the help of other people.

Added after 1 8 minutes:

It was actually this I was replying to, I know that it was not included in the reply but its here now.

VIASAT
14-11-2011, 13:58
It was Tom and Sharon I was replying to, I know that it didn't come up that way as I was not able to include their post. They mentioned that the insurance place was selling TV that is how I started my reply.

Tom & Sharon
14-11-2011, 15:35
It was Tom and Sharon I was replying to, I know that it didn't come up that way as I was not able to include their post. They mentioned that the insurance place was selling TV that is how I started my reply.

Actually, I said they were "doing business" with them, which is not the same thing.

TIS
14-11-2011, 16:54
As far as I can see, TIS is not 'selling TV' nor selling telephony services - they are merely pointing out that customers of Tenerife Insurance can get a discount with Europa. They make no promises, only referring to what the Europa website states is available. Are you perchance feeling somewhat threatened by possible competition?

Why not properly introduce yourself and tell us what it is you are here to promote/sell?

Absolutely Karina - and thanks.

For all they know I could be qualified in and have many years of experience in TV installation and telephony services etc. , which isn't far of the mark.

timmylish
15-11-2011, 13:20
Methinks that like most people who think that they have some form of exclusivity someone,s feels like they have been poked in the eye with a red hot poker!
Suggest that anyone disputing anything get their own house in order and place the full facts before us.
I would also suggest that anyone coming onto this Forum, admitting their involvement with anything to do with Telefonica, and trying to justify their position is on a rocky surface here. Telefonica STINKS on this Forum, generally! Instead of puting 13.2 million €,s into providing something that has no real support on Tenerife it would be better spent in improving services to the general public here.

BoPeep
15-11-2011, 16:42
Vodafone broadband for 14.90 euros sounds cheap but its website is all Spanish which could be a problem and its for a limited period i think!

Muppet
15-11-2011, 17:57
Methinks that like most people who think that they have some form of exclusivity someone,s feels like they have been poked in the eye with a red hot poker!
Suggest that anyone disputing anything get their own house in order and place the full facts before us.
I would also suggest that anyone coming onto this Forum, admitting their involvement with anything to do with Telefonica, and trying to justify their position is on a rocky surface here. Telefonica STINKS on this Forum, generally! Instead of puting 13.2 million €,s into providing something that has no real support on Tenerife it would be better spent in improving services to the general public here.

Hiya

Not entirely with your comments here.

Telefonica does stink, not only on the forum, but generally. However it stinks for two main reasons - firstly its monopoly and therefore it's pricing, and secondly because of it's administration - especially billing.

Third party providers, such as Europa (other 3rd party providers are available!) have one major advantage over Telefonica - this being that they take over the responsibility for your service and generally in your own language. This removes the hours of trying to find a "foreign" speaking person on the end of the Telefonica help lines from you and let's somebody else have the headache. I see nothing wrong with this and therefore wish Europa and all others the best.

The real issue though is the Telefonica pricing monopoly, something which they were fined heavily for by the EU a couple of years ago. The third party providers are being clever these days - because they are smaller businesses (in the main) and far more flexible, they can react to public demand more easily and offer "extra" services which a huge corporation like Telefonica cannot. Here in Spain generally there is a demand for UK on-line TV - in South America there may be a demand for North American TV (or whatever). A world-wide corporation like Telefonica cannot cope with quite specific local demands, hence what we see today.

If third party providers want to invest money so as to build up the services they are being asked of locally, the question is why not. The day is approaching when TeleCONica will become much less of a monopoly and will be forced to drop both their wholesale prices to the 3rd party providers and their retail costs so as to remain competitive themselves.

Nothing wrong with that.

karinagal
15-11-2011, 22:59
I've had my line with Telefonica for months and have yet to see a bill! Their charges are the same every month so I'm not unduly worried... The situation with Telefonica is the same as what BT had to go through - they own the network, are responsible for maintaining and upgrading it and at some point they will have to open up their services to the competitors to allow their monopoly to be broken and allow the customers a better chance of getting the service they want at a reasonable price..

As a business you can't blame them for trying to hold on as long as possible.. I got a reasonably good deal with them and am happy with the broadband speed I've been getting, but when it comes to renewing my contract you can be sure I'll be checking out Europa and anyone else whose offering a good deal! :D

timmylish
16-11-2011, 01:24
I think that a couple of people on this thread have misconstrued my position on this one.
I am totally with any company who try to offer something new to the marketplace, particularly when they do so with superior products and of course pricing. The monopoly of Telefonica will be here to stay for many, many years no matter what unfortunately. My own personal wish (unlikely to be achieved until the TV pricing war is finally won) is that a company serving Tenerife, both North and South (I say that because you can get Fibre Optic down to Candelaria but no further South)just give me a line with a cost and then an option to have that line with ADSL as well. Not too difficult, is it? Just undercut Telefonica and give me clear bills in Spanish or English, I don,t care.

Muppet
16-11-2011, 10:17
I see what you are saying. Trouble is, no new company is ever going to dig up all the roads, lay in new cables (whether fibre or copper), build new exchanges etc. It hasn't really happened anywhere else in the world, and it certainly wont happen here.

Interestingly though, TeleCONica's line costs are not expensive in comparison to the rest of Europe - 12/13 Euro's/Pounds is pretty much standard in a lot of countries, but it is the cost of the extra services where they are a real rip off. Even they (Teleconica) provide high speed internet services in the UK for example at a quarter of the price they charge here and elsewhere where they have the monopoly - if they weren't competitive they would have no business.

I think the day is closer when they will be forced into allowing others access to their infra-structure. The fibre cables recently laid were lain in the shoulder of the motorways - there is fibre as far south as Adeje and round the other way to Puerto and beyond. The trouble is that connections to that fibre will involve teleconica and their outdated exchange equipment and copper wires which are not of the best quality. The government here will soon realise that the undersea cable recently completed will have no impact on speeds or availability until they literally force the doors off the telefonica exchanges and allow others to put their kit inside. Given the government paid the bulk of the costs of this new cable I can see that happening sooner rather than later.

ally9997
16-11-2011, 11:30
Hi

My digi box is due to run out, so thinking about alternatives... is it possible just to get the tv box from them and keep my internet with telefonica?
i checked the info and the box costs around 94 euros from europa..

Any info would be great

ally xx

imablue
26-11-2011, 23:13
we are having serious problems with this company .....phoned them ..no responce through the phone ..they are saying "we have emailed you"..why would they email us when we have asked them to phone us...
we have No television and we only started with them the other week ....
i was prepared to give them some time...and not even post a thread on here till we were satisfied with their service ..needless to say ..they will not be recommended from this household unless something is done in the very near future...so make your own minds up ...
and if anyone thinks they can help us ..feel free to do so ....

timmylish
27-11-2011, 01:17
I am really totally disappointed to have to read your posting. Beyjesus you must be unhappy. As always, its the Weekend so further difficulties. I can offer no advices on being able to contact them.

imablue
28-11-2011, 12:08
i opened a PM this morning which i received off TIS (Chris) late last night ...
i had a scheduled call from an engineer at Europa Network this morning
after sending TIS our details 09.27...by 10.02 the television was up and running...
big big thank you to Chris and Europa Network for their prompt service...hopefully there will be no further problems.....
the lady of the house will be well happy now .......

Megaloo
28-11-2011, 14:40
i opened a PM this morning which i received off TIS (Chris) late last night ...
i had a scheduled call from an engineer at Europa Network this morning
after sending TIS our details 09.27...by 10.02 the television was up and running...
big big thank you to Chris and Europa Network for their prompt service...hopefully there will be no further problems.....
the lady of the house will be well happy now .......

Reallly pleased to hear that as a friend has a couple of problems also so I hope they will sort his out as well, as I was the one who pointed him in their direction.

I am awaiting a reply from an e-mail from them before I take the plunge.

Muppet
28-11-2011, 14:52
Hi

My digi box is due to run out, so thinking about alternatives... is it possible just to get the tv box from them and keep my internet with telefonica?
i checked the info and the box costs around 94 euros from europa..

Any info would be great

ally xx

Your internet will kinda stay with Telefonica in that what happens is they take it over and manage it, charge you slightly less than you are currently paying and you can get cheaper calls too, but you can't just buy the box.

That said, have a go at the 3 day free trial on their website which will work through your existing connection.

Cairo
29-11-2011, 10:31
Last night I took out the 3 day trial with europa (just to clarify, it is NOT an internet trial but a TV trial via the internet) and was quite excited about it as I thought I might spend the next 3 evening glued to my computer watching TV (something I rarely do).

It was very straightforward to download the software (3 mins on my measly less-than-1mb connection), rebooted and settled down with a cup of tea to watch whatever.....

Nope, not as simple as that, first of all it told me I had to download an add-on so I did a FF search to find one with no joy, off then to the Europa helppages where it was fairly simple to find the bit that had the relative add on. Did that, rebooted, and settled down again with my rapidly cooling cup of tea.

Nope, still no joy. Hit the Help button and rooted about a bit until I found a section that said 'if you have antivirus software this may be blocking your viewing......but we can't, or are not prepared, to help you with that....contact your antivirus provider.

At that point, as I know it will take me 3 days to even attempt to sort that out and my trial will have expired by then, I gave up, drunk my cold tea and put on the TV :(

TIS
29-11-2011, 10:51
Sorry, but this will not work for you anyway. Europa advises that the TV stream uses 1.5MB of bandwidth, so you can't run this over a 1MB line.

Re thge Anti-virus, only as a matter of interest. Which version are you using? Obviously Europa can't be responsible for your software on your machine, but maybe the manufacturer can advise on a simple change that will allow their software to be used.

timmylish
30-11-2011, 00:19
Well, as I,ve already stated on this thread and lots of others on this Forum people who have 2 mgsps or MORE will be able to receive most live video (ie live tv). I rather doubt whether the programming has been sufficiently loaded with your speed!

Europa
01-12-2011, 15:04
Hiya,

My name is Liam and i work for Europa Network. I am a senior technician and i am here to help with any issues.

I am sorry to hear that you have been having trouble with our TV system.

I have read the above comments and have adjusted the website accordingly.

I'm afraid that our TV Stream requires you to have at least 2MB's of spare bandwidth. We have invested time in looking into a low bandwidth solution and did have one last year, however the quality was very poor so we decided to discontinue this product.

In response to the Anti Virus/ Firewall issue:
We have found that many AV products contain there own form of firewall or file protection. As there are many types of AV/firewall products on the market it would be very difficult for us to be able to advise on all the products. However we are in the process of adding some guides to our support site for the most popular of these applications and how to add exceptions to allow our player to work.

Please PM or reply if you would like any more information. Or what AV product you are using.

I would like to thank TIS for their assistance.

Many Regards

Liam

timmylish
01-12-2011, 15:55
Its good to see the techie experts agreeing with me!

sonia floyd
02-12-2011, 20:07
Can anyone tell me anything about the new Europa company who are advertising ADSL plus free English TV? I am thinking of having it installed and was just wondering if any existing customers have any comments. Thanks x

Cairo
02-12-2011, 22:05
Can anyone tell me anything about the new Europa company who are advertising ADSL plus free English TV? I am thinking of having it installed and was just wondering if any existing customers have any comments. Thanks x

I've merged your thread with an exisiting one on the same subject :)

jandy
03-12-2011, 14:32
I have just completed the 3 day free trial, had a problem on the first night worked well for 2 hours and then picture broke up and no sound for about 3 hours then worked fine again for the rest of the evening. Second and third days were fine. I did not have to change anything or download anything maybe because I use myiplayer at the moment. There was an on screen option of allowing this to view through my antivirus program, so no problems there. I was very pleased with it overall. However I read in one of the other posts that you cannot just buy the box, and that was what I wanted to do, as I just changed my provider 3 months ago and have an 18 month contract and have a fee to pay if I cancel early. So maybe will just have to wait 15 months for good british TV.

imablue
06-12-2011, 22:13
with consternation and regret i once again have to report that this morning we had no picture on the tv again ....
i appreciate it being a national holiday we probably wouldn,t get any responce ..and we didn,t ..
here we are now at 21.10hrs. and no tv ....
all was fine last night ....
and its not the scart lead ......

Europa
07-12-2011, 11:41
Imablue.

Sorry to hear you had issues with your TV, and unfortunate this happened on a national holiday.

A few steps to try when you loose TV which will help us diagnose your issue more efficiently.

When you loose TV can you please put your box to standby (red power button top right of remote).

Please then perfrom a speed test on http://www.speedtest.net

If your speed is below 2MB you wont be able to watch the TV.

Also please make sure that no computers are connected to the internet when you start having issues as the machines could be obtaining updates and using you bandwidth.

Please contact our support centre this morning regarding the issue you experinced.

Regards

Liam

Nigel
07-12-2011, 18:21
I've been with Europa for many years now and generally have been very happy with them. When I have had a problem I've been able to talk to a technician in English and it's been sorted. Iv'e been using their TV service for a while now on a PC and it's also been pretty good especially as it's free. One thing they could do with is a presence on Tenerife to dish out the routers and set top boxes. At the moment they have to be mailed from the mainland.

Chunder
08-12-2011, 11:06
with consternation and regret i once again have to report that this morning we had no picture on the tv again ....
i appreciate it being a national holiday we probably wouldn,t get any responce ..and we didn,t ..
here we are now at 21.10hrs. and no tv ....
all was fine last night ....
and its not the scart lead ......

I was thinking of changing over myself but I cant cope with the TV going off, I would end up throwing the box through the window as there is nothing more annoying than TV going off.
I keep an eye on your posts to see how your getting on and my friend on the Golf also has it and seems to be having the same issues at the same times you do so its got to be a general problem rather than a local one.

The best thing to do is use filmon as that's totally free and the picture is good too, You can even watch on your phone or Ipad.

Added after 5 minutes:

This has just popped up on google ad words.

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada+landing_adsl+v_segmento+AHOG+v_idioma+e s+ambitoAcceso+pub,00.html?uri=/on/io/es/landing/adsl/index_whisbi.html

Basically Telefonica 10 MB ADSL 19,90 per month for ever. So with Telefonica and filmon its 19,90 Euros per month.

imablue
08-12-2011, 11:18
Fiddled around with all the connections late yesterday afternoon and managed to get sound and picture on...occasionally the picture "froze" but apart from that all was ok through the evening...until the lady of the house wanted to watch Man.Utd....
and of course they got beat .....:raspberry2:

Chunder
08-12-2011, 11:30
Thanks for the update, Man United and Man City got beat. Maybe it would have been better for the TV not to work last night then.

imablue
08-12-2011, 11:38
oh no the reception was perfect ....!!:liar:

Catty
10-12-2011, 14:35
I was thinking of changing over myself but I cant cope with the TV going off, I would end up throwing the box through the window as there is nothing more annoying than TV going off.
I keep an eye on your posts to see how your getting on and my friend on the Golf also has it and seems to be having the same issues at the same times you do so its got to be a general problem rather than a local one.

The best thing to do is use filmon as that's totally free and the picture is good too, You can even watch on your phone or Ipad.

Added after 5 minutes:

This has just popped up on google ad words.

http://www.movistar.es/on/pub/servicios/onTOEntrada/0,,entrada+landing_adsl+v_segmento+AHOG+v_idioma+e s+ambitoAcceso+pub,00.html?uri=/on/io/es/landing/adsl/index_whisbi.html

Basically Telefonica 10 MB ADSL 19,90 per month for ever. So with Telefonica and filmon its 19,90 Euros per month.

I have looked at Filmon and its not free, its €14.95 a month on the website? Confused

Megaloo
10-12-2011, 15:09
I have looked at Filmon and its not free, its €14.95 a month on the website? Confused

It used to be free but not anymore

timmylish
10-12-2011, 19:15
Errrrrrrrrrmmmmmmm. Line rental? Is that free also? Actually there is a FilmOn service (i Have it as backup) but the restricted content is so minimal its not worth considering as the main source of UK TV.

Harlequin
11-12-2011, 14:38

It's easy to compare with this link: Competitor Comparison (http://www.tenerifetelecom.com/en/my-tenerife-telecom/competitor-comparison#Charts)

BoPeep
13-12-2011, 15:39
Europa has got our line put in for us.
For three weeks Moviestar didnt contact us but Europa rang us every other day to check and then ring Moviestar again. Couldnt have asked for a nicer or more efficient lady. The Moviestar employee when he eventually turned up was not helpful at all and threw us the wire and told us to put it in ourselves as the wire wasnt pulling through from the road.
Took my husband 1/2 Sat morning to do that and he hasnt ever done one before!

Europa rang the employee and had a go for being so rude and had him back to finish the next day, they were brilliant.

slodgedad
28-12-2011, 23:51
you can watch BBC on 0.8mb,and ITV on 0.5mb - i know- i offer this to ppl already...i myself watch it on a 46in and its quite watchable....dont breakup that the main thing...

Yes, but as you said in another thread the quality is comparable to VHS, which is fine on a small screen.

timmylish
29-12-2011, 00:53
Well You can all say what you like but we are with Telefonica at approx 34€ pm to incl. Line Rental (free Spanish Calls and Mobiles at W/ends and Public Holidays)(why would you need International calls for a family?), ADSL up to 10 Mgs (and getting 7, 8 or even 9 mgs consistently) plus my VPN at 6 or 7 € pm which gives me unlimited number of UK channels thru' various sources. So, in total 40 or 41 € pm. and delighted! Oh and I,m thinking of US TV as well at a further 4€ pm.

Muppet
29-12-2011, 02:21
looking at it you have to have there internet package as their service will not work on telefonica router

This is not correct - the trial will work through a Telefonica router, it is a trial, which if succesful, they hope to encourage you to change to their service - that is the whole point of the word "trial"

you can watch BBC on 0.8mb,and ITV on 0.5mb - i know- i offer this to ppl already...i myself watch it on a 46in and its quite watchable....dont breakup that the main thing...

Not with any level of reliability you don't

Added after 7 minutes:

no its fine on a large screen,i was only trying to be general to the layman.....you get blocking on fast moving pixals...and i agree to pay another €6 for a vpn is nothing,but some ppl at the stage just want to have bbc/itv working without it breaking up,and maybe later pay more...and the only downside i can see with europa is for ppl with less the 2.2mb there min requirement...also dont forget with telefonica you get free ´´9´´ calls and mine last month were €12,so that is an extra cost on there

You seem to forget that most people who would like uk tv arelaymen - they want to be able to turn their tv sets on, press a button and watch, not prat about plugging this into that, that into the other to watch TV. Yes VPN's via computers is a solution, but it ties up PCs, some TV sets dont have necessary sockets, even if they do buying leads and cables here is not a simple thing to do.

Muppet
29-12-2011, 02:40
Any chance of posting in english ??

Muppet
29-12-2011, 03:13
then it is lucky for you that there are people like me who do this sort of thing for a living..and have been doing so since 1988...EUROPAs problem is that they are in Valencia THAT IS 2200KM away and no major local backup,at this time ,so get one of their american routers thru the post,and good luck installing it,with every will in the world you cant do these sort of operation remotely...

I was obviously lucky then - mine arrived, got plugged in and works fine thanks. BTW the IP address is registered to Spain and not the UK - cant actually see what difference the various twists and turns the route takes, even if it is via Morocco

timmylish
29-12-2011, 15:14
And as for my VPN well all that I can say is that over 3 years with the same provider without disruption or failure and the cost dropping a couple of €,s in that period and MOST importantly getting totally clear, uninterrupted viewing all of which still allowed a further two computers and my wife,s Russian TV system to operate without failure seems to me quite satisfactory and cost effective!

timmylish
01-01-2012, 00:51
my system works from 0.5mb and can be viewed on a tv....watched mid summer on a 46in and it was ok...

That may well be. My posting was to provide a certain amount for people who may not be so knowledgeable on internet matters and also to explain why some people DO have problems with systems here. My advice is free without any financial interests on my part as opposed to your efforts, and others of a similar ilk.

Harlequin
01-01-2012, 11:31
I get almost nothing "for free" and when I do get something "for free" I can't complain when it goes wrong.

I charge my customers for what I provide and if it goes wrong the money they are paying covers a proportion of my time to help fix that problem (not that they occur often).

For those of you interested in a reliable UK TV service that provides 24 UK TV channels we've just launched: IPTV (January Offer) (http://www.tenerifetelecom.com/en/banners/iptv-offer-january)

Set Top Box: Just 150 Euros
Monthly Subcription: Just 25 euros

Saving: Around 20% of the regular price.

January Only...!

Muppet
02-01-2012, 12:00
Would you 2 please take your toys outside

fanx xx

BoPeep
02-01-2012, 12:01
Gosh a lot of this sounds like another foreign language to me! What is VPN?

Anyway, we got the Europa package just before Christmas, there was no installation really, just pushing in the wires per their very clear one sheet of instructions and its been brilliant with no problems at all. Took a max of 15mins.I have also tried it on my laptop for fun and that worked straight away.We had a couple of hours on Christmas afternoon when ITV1 didnt work but that seems to have affected several different installations businesses inc sky and it was back on for evening viewing.

Very pleased with the system and it looks like there will be extra channels for extra payment soon as they are advertising it on their TV online info, oh I also like the fact that you get a 'whats on' on the TV too!

BoPeep
02-01-2012, 13:20
What are these free 9 numbers, do you mean Spanish landlines? We have the 0843 number for our friends to ring from the UK at the cost of a uk local call and 120 minutes free European landline minutes which is ample for us as we e mail mostly now the broadband is up and running at 6.3 mgbs, we get 4.3 mg in the UK!!

...and what is VPN??

Cairo
02-01-2012, 19:53
yes if you never ring any numbers in spain,then its fine,but i was saying on my bill it tells me that i saved,€13 last month..i ring my customers who have 922 numbers.VPN allows you to watch BBC IPLAYER direct from the uk,without signing up or moving your phone to a third party...so you can stay with telefonica,and still watch british tv ,i even have one package that works on less then 1mb

Please, tell me more about the package you do that works on 1mb or less, as that is all I can have. I'm not with Tele-con-ica and dont have any real intention to be so in the future, I currently have small satellite dish, 80 or 90 cm and the £25pm Sky package, so what does your sytem give that is more than that?

Cairo
02-01-2012, 20:56
do you have a fixed line internet service ie cable plugged intio the wall

Yup, fixed line cable to wi-fi router

Cairo
02-01-2012, 22:50
SO telephone socket in walls,telephone cable into a router....then what wires do you have coming out of the router ....correct so far

.please run the speedtest.net

Yup, telephone socket is in wall (I would be worried if it was elsewhere :D )

Telephone cable into router, plus power supply into router, no wires coming out because it is wireless.

Speedtest is download 0.7 and upload 0.23

Cairo
03-01-2012, 00:13
ok first question - why are you running it wireless,and do you have the ´´wire´´ (ethernet cable ---- yellow) to plug between router and computer

I'm running it wireless because I can and I have a wireless router, also because it means I dont need to sit on top of the router when I am on the computer or to trip over wires!

Yes, I have an ethernet cable that I can use, it is only 1m long so means I have to sit on top of the router to use my laptop. :)

Suej
07-05-2012, 12:12

I have dug this thread out as I had a call from Europa this morning! the deal sounds reasonable enough and would certainly save me money on TV and ADSL...What I really want to know is how it performs? Has anyone changed to Europa from Telefonica? any feed back would be appreciated! :thanx:

Megaloo
07-05-2012, 12:51
I did not do anything about this, (Europa) staying as I am at the moment, Seeing what happens about fibre optics.? I know I perhaps could wait forever,
Spoke to Movistar the other day they telephoned me actually but as they cannot offer me more speed I will stay put at the moment.

Suej
07-05-2012, 12:51
I pay on average 62€ per month to Telefonica for ADSL/Telephone (free National calls only) and 90€ a year for Aerial TV with Miller rental.

The deal with Europa will be 50€ per month for both ADSL and TV also 120 free minutes to UK.

Here are my speeds.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1936831978.png (http://www.speedtest.net)

Megaloo
07-05-2012, 12:56
All I can say is a friend went for it, not sure why it was not good for him probably not enough speed as it kept freezing. He has gone back to Telefonica and still has his old BBC with his 90 Euros a year maintenance

Suej
07-05-2012, 13:24
It's 20€ for line rental and 40€ ADSL. Yes I would have to buy their top box all in all I would have to pay 145€ one off payment to set the Europa system up and a further 39€ for the wireless extender which is similar to a baby monitor (there would be no way we could run any hard cables) my router and laptop are in an upstairs room and the TV is downstairs. I really would like to hear from people who have the system installed and how they are finding it!:)

I am going to look on their website now!

Suej
07-05-2012, 13:35
I did try to get my ADSL cost reduced but Telefonica were having none of it! I might try again!

ukmobil
15-06-2012, 10:25
I recently transferred my telephone line & ADSL to Europa even though I had been paying for and enjoying a 6Mbit/sec (nearer 5)service with Movistar for over 12 months. I was seduced over to Europa by the possibility of a faster speed and the free TV. They have dumped me with a 1Mbit ADSL line and say that's all my line will support. Their claimed efforts to get an upgrade to the faster speeds has led to no success.

A very helpful Tenerife Telecom have also indicated only 1Mbit is available, according to their checker and they were unable to assist me further. I have since found a Movistar line checker which confirms up to 6Mbits/sec available on my line (I was actually getting about 5).

I'm desperate to get sorted out and am prepared to transfer phone & ADSL if I can just get back to the decent speeds I used to receive.

I am prepared to return to Movistar (via the English website as I can't speak Spanish very much) but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions before I take that step. Satellite, you seem to have a very good knowledge about Movistar's operation - any assistance appreciated.

Muppet
15-06-2012, 10:49
I recently transferred my telephone line & ADSL to Europa even though I had been paying for and enjoying a 6Mbit/sec (nearer 5)service with Movistar for over 12 months. I was seduced over to Europa by the possibility of a faster speed and the free TV. They have dumped me with a 1Mbit ADSL line and say that's all my line will support. Their claimed efforts to get an upgrade to the faster speeds has led to no success.

A very helpful Tenerife Telecom have also indicated only 1Mbit is available, according to their checker and they were unable to assist me further. I have since found a Movistar line checker which confirms up to 6Mbits/sec available on my line (I was actually getting about 5).

I'm desperate to get sorted out and am prepared to transfer phone & ADSL if I can just get back to the decent speeds I used to receive.

I am prepared to return to Movistar (via the English website as I can't speak Spanish very much) but wondered if anyone had any other suggestions before I take that step. Satellite, you seem to have a very good knowledge about Movistar's operation - any assistance appreciated.

If you look carefully above, you'll see he has been banned (phew!)

Now, the thing with Europa is that nothing physical should have changed when you moved over to them so the speed of your ADSL now ought to be the same as it was before. If they (Europa) and Tenerife Tele have both tried (and failed) to have your speed increased, it would suggest that your number and line will not support anything more.

Telefonica in English is not Telefonica at all, it is, or was certainly, part of Direct Telecom. That said, no reason to ask them about what speeds they can provide.

Europa will allow you to arrange your line directly with Telefonica ...

golf birdie
15-06-2012, 10:53

Now, the thing with Europa is that nothing physical should have changed when you moved over to them so the speed of your ADSL now ought to be the same as it was before. If they (Europa) and Tenerife Tele have both tried (and failed) to have your speed increased, it would suggest that your number and line will not support anything more.

Telefonica in English is not Telefonica at all, it is, or was certainly, part of Direct Telecom. That said, no reason to ask them about what speeds they can provide.

plus don't pay too much notice of what the Movistar website tells you is possible. A friends line the site said could have up to 10 MB, on the phone they said it was only possible to have 1MB.

ukmobil
15-06-2012, 12:28

Thanks for the reply - I transferred both the line and ADSL to Europa but, for 12 months + before I did that, I was receiving the 6Mbits/sec ADSL service from Movistar with no problems.

In those days, my router SNR was then showing around 11/12DBs and the actual download speed was a little over 4000kbits/sec - before overheads just under 5000. I know this because I regularly monitored my router because occasionally it would benefit from a reboot to boost the speed a little With the Europa 1Mbit service, the SNR is up at 28.5.

Even with my limited knowledge, I know from experience that routers can readily support SNRs up to 5DB without dropouts or disconnections and I even had a Netgear model trhat would go down to 0 and remain stable. I had firmware on the router that allowed me to alter the SNR to increase download speeds. In the UK, TalkTalk for instance, let you request that they adjust the SNR with a view to increasing the download speed to as fast as the settings will allow before it becomes unstable.

So, when Movistar supplied my 5Mbit service, they had the SNR adjusted to accomodate the speed - no such adjustment is present with the Europa connection so somebody changed something when I moved supplier. The difficulty I am having is getting that communicated to the right person/people and getting action.

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

plus don't pay too much notice of what the Movistar website tells you is possible. A friends line the site said could have up to 10 MB, on the phone they said it was only possible to have 1MB.

I do appreciate that but, as I said, I already received 6Mbits before I changed.

Muppet
15-06-2012, 13:56
I am a bit confused here.

Your adsl service is coming from the local Movistar exchange albeit being charged for now by a 3rd party.

If you had needed to have Movistar make special arrangements for your specific situation to achieve the speed you did have, did you inform the 3rd party provider about these, and did you check that the 3rd party provider had the necessary influence over Movistar to maintain your specific and unique settings?

Your post suggests that you moved to a 3rd party provider to get faster speeds than you already had, (and access to their TV services), yet you had already needed to make special arrangements with Movistar in order to even get the speeds you had and the number checking services would also seem to suggest that your line is only capable of a lower speed than you already had.

It is fairly well known that Movistar are very restrictive when it comes to providing their service to third parties in order to maintain their market position - unfair, yes, restrictive practices, yes, fined for doing it, yes-big-time, but does it still happen - yes!

You probably have good grounds to break your new contract with any provider if they cannot provide what was offered. So it seems like it is back to your private deal with Movistar and a vpn then.

Part of my confusion though is how you managed to negotiate your specific settings with Movistar given your admitted lack of Spanish.

ukmobil
15-06-2012, 15:00
I am a bit confused here.

Your adsl service is coming from the local Movistar exchange albeit being charged for now by a 3rd party.

If you had needed to have Movistar make special arrangements for your specific situation to achieve the speed you did have, did you inform the 3rd party provider about these, and did you check that the 3rd party provider had the necessary influence over Movistar to maintain your specific and unique settings?

Your post suggests that you moved to a 3rd party provider to get faster speeds than you already had, (and access to their TV services), yet you had already needed to make special arrangements with Movistar in order to even get the speeds you had and the number checking services would also seem to suggest that your line is only capable of a lower speed than you already had.

It is fairly well known that Movistar are very restrictive when it comes to providing their service to third parties in order to maintain their market position - unfair, yes, restrictive practices, yes, fined for doing it, yes-big-time, but does it still happen - yes!

You probably have good grounds to break your new contract with any provider if they cannot provide what was offered. So it seems like it is back to your private deal with Movistar and a vpn then.

Part of my confusion though is how you managed to negotiate your specific settings with Movistar given your admitted lack of Spanish.

Sorry for any confusion, Muppet. I did not make any special arrangements with Movistar - the speed I got was what they gave me when I signed up with them to activate my dormant landline and provide ADSL. I signed up through the TelefonicaEnglish website - I know it's an independent agency.

The router stats I was quoting was just to suggest how Movistar achieved the faster speed whilst Europa didn't seem able to have that option. I did not mean to imply I had any control or influence over the settings, although I do have an adapted router that allows me to adjust SNR, but only up to the maximum speed of the connection provided - 1Mbit at the moment.

I moved to Europa on the hint of better speed and because of the TV service. At no time was there any suggestion I would get a lesser speed than the one I has received for the previous 12 months. They even sold me 2 STBs (1 for spare) that are unusable at 1Mbit!

It does look as if it will be back to Movistar and do battle with Europa for refund of connection charges and return of unused STBs. I was hoping that there may have been another way round the situation.

timmylish
15-06-2012, 16:38
Well I feel it necessary to throw my hat into the circle here and caste doubt on certain aspersions in respect of the O/p,s situation here!
When you changed provider from Telefonica to Europa did the latter provide a new router or did you stick with the original one? Strikes me if its a new one the problem lies there. If, however, you are operating on the original router who changed its settings from those when with Telfonica. Now then let me go on. In the 11 years or so since I have been using computers I think that I have changed router settings or even switching them off or on during that time. If you are not an "expert" on computers why in heavens name are you mucking about with the settings? Just how much (financially) did it end up costing you for your changing from Telefonica to Europa? Unless it is fortunes I would be cutting my losses and getting my system up and running at its previous speeds!
Don,t take my comments personally, just my way!

ukmobil
15-06-2012, 18:31
I DO know what I'm doing and talking about! I'm not sure of the point you are trying to make, since it doesn't make any difference what router is used, as long as it's fit for the purpose. Virually every broadband provider supplies a free router, set up to connect to their service - in Tenerife, by them - in the UK, they're happy to give you the details to set it up yourself, if you wish. It's not rocket science.

Routers are just devices that do what they do because of settings that basically control their behaviour as the result of a signal sent to them - in the matter under considersation, an ADSL stream from the telephone exchange. That stream is transmitted at whatever speed it is deemed that your telephone wiring can tolerate. The settings I mentioned allow for a degree of control over the effectiveness and efficiency of that signal.

The Movistar settings allowed a 5/6Mbits speed because that's what was being sent down the telephone line and the router they provided allowed it and their settings optimised it. The Europa service only transmitted a 1Mbit stream so, no matter what adjustments, it would be impossible to better that. I did try different routers with the Europa settings but, as they were only sending a 1Mbit signal, they all behaved identically regardless of any adjustments since it was at top permitted speed, anyway.

My point being: same wiring - different ADSL supplier - different signal speeds being offered as maximum. The router, being last in the chain is only important in that it contains the login details pertaining to the ADSL supplier. Once the ADSL connects via whatever speed applies, the rest is academic, although, as I said, fine tuning is possible and sometimes desirable. After being involved with computers since the 1970's, they don't frighten me!

You don't have to be an 'expert' to appreciate how a router works - you may not understand it but to question why I am 'messing about with the settings', when you have no reason to assume I fit into that category, is a step too far. I have not taken it personally, but I don't see why you thought your post was helpful or relevant - it wasn't.

I have just received a response from TelephonicaEnglish to a direct question as to what speed my telephone line (number supplied to them) will support. Their respose was '6 - 10Mbit/sec'. I no doubt will go back to Telefonica/Movistar but I resent the fact that I can't go to a supplier that best fts my need. It's most frustrating!

Muppet
15-06-2012, 18:41
Well I feel it necessary to throw my hat into the circle here and caste doubt on certain aspersions in respect of the O/p,s situation here!
When you changed provider from Telefonica to Europa did the latter provide a new router or did you stick with the original one? Strikes me if its a new one the problem lies there. If, however, you are operating on the original router who changed its settings from those when with Telfonica. Now then let me go on. In the 11 years or so since I have been using computers I think that I have changed router settings or even switching them off or on during that time. If you are not an "expert" on computers why in heavens name are you mucking about with the settings? Just how much (financially) did it end up costing you for your changing from Telefonica to Europa? Unless it is fortunes I would be cutting my losses and getting my system up and running at its previous speeds!
Don,t take my comments personally, just my way!

I can shed some light here in that Europa supply their own router(s). They are good quality units as well, but of course they are set up with the necessary IP details for the Europa TV service internally and have the standard passwords altered for obvious security.

The problem here seems to be that the OP managed to frig his Movistar router settings and achieved higher (but probably significantly less consistent) ADSL speeds from telefonica than they will guarantee - and in doing so perhaps even degraded the service of others on his node by grabbing more than his fair share of available bandwidth.

If the movistar line checker on his number only shows 1meg available (as also confirmed by Ten Telecom) then, in fairness to Europa he should have made it clear to them what he had done and how, in the hope they would be able to, or allow him to, do the same to their router.

What is surprising though is Europa do make it clear that their system doesnt work well (or at all) at speeds under 3meg, so if they used the number checking first they ought not to have offered the service or sold him the STB's - unless the OP was insistant he had enough speed for it all to work and they took him at his word.

mmm

ukmobil
15-06-2012, 19:07
The problem here seems to be that the OP managed to frig his Movistar router settings and achieved higher (but probably significantly less consistent) ADSL speeds from telefonica than they will guarantee - and in doing so perhaps even degraded the service of others on his node by grabbing more than his fair share of available bandwidth.mmm

No, No, No Muppet - I did NOT say I altered the settings on the Movistar, nor did I. I was explaining that by looking at the settings on the router, I could see what speed my line was sending the signal at and I noted that the SNR (all set up by Movistar when supplying the free router) was at a level that could well tolerate a little more speed. The supplied router is not capable of having the SNR adjusted and as I was happy enough with what I had, I didn't change anything. Occasionally, I was aware that the speed was a little lower than usual and looked at the router readings and noted that a reboot may lift the speed up to its norm. Invariably it did, and that was that.

It was mainly the extras Europa offered that attracted me but, as you rightly observe, they did not advise me their line checker only indicated a 1Mbit ADSL speed and nor did they mention (or did it even cross my mind) that I would not mantain the then current speed. On that basis I ordered the STBs and was in no way cautioned as to their suitabilty based on the line checker data, although I was fully aware of the 3Mbit speed requirement.

Tenerife Telecom did not try to connect me but were helpful by using their line checker. What is very confusing is why Telephonica English state 6 - 10Mbit, Movistar's own website shows 6Mbit and I have seen, from the Movistar router stats during the past year that at least 6Mbit is achievable without reaching levels at which the service would become unstable and suffer dropouts.

The frustration I describe is in knowing that if a Movistar engineer took the time and trouble to look at aall the relevant settings I've described, they would immediately see that the faster speeds are achievable. Lack of Spanish and possible disinterest of Movistar may be my downfall!!

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

I can shed some light here in that Europa supply their own router(s). They are good quality units as well, but of course they are set up with the necessary IP details for the Europa TV service internally and have the standard passwords altered for obvious security.

Just to clarify as to how I know what the Europa SNR readings are - their technical support were happy to provide me with the altered password to enable access to the router. Again, the SNR is NOT user adjustable and I changed nothing but just noted the figure was at a level which would easily support the 6Mbit service and emulate the numbers as seen on the Movistar faster speed. I can see absolutely no reason for the restricted 1Mbit line and, incidetally, nor did the Europa Technical support guy I discussed it with.

However - try getting someone to do something practical about it..................

timmylish
16-06-2012, 00:51
Well for someone as advanced in his knowledge of all things relating to routers/telephone lines/suppliers it seems youve made a right dog,s breakfast of it! One bit of advice you do clearly need however is to urgently learn the language of the country you reside in. You might be pleasantly surprised at how things work much more readily.
Hey Muppet. Thank you for your very clear and concise comments. Much appreciated. btw. Might have to get those pills we got for Satellite just in case this O/p needs them? Showing early signs of a similar problem.

ukmobil
16-06-2012, 10:25
Wooooosh..........................

Samsam
19-09-2012, 12:03
I have it and have to say its brill, and the fact the telephone bill is understandable! And can call them and they speak English , where Telefonica even with all there English clients don't !

tripadviser
09-11-2012, 18:30
Hi All,

I was thinking of getting europa-network for my interner and TV, it looks like a good deal. Has anyone got this system and would they recommend it

seanocelt
05-01-2013, 04:17
Well, after a 3 week delay im online but expect a cut off, so far it sucks; customer service never call back, we have lost days of our lives waiting for a call(ok, they blame Movistar but break their own promises of call backs); the Tv is web based obviously but the speed we have in El Mirador, Los Cris, so far anyway a joke, less than 1mb, i got 3 on a dongle, so tv will not happen (oh and they advertise the Tv as a magical thing, but try to sting you for a set top box). Misleading, very sick of it so far, likely to take the hit and dump them next week. Sorry, not good news.

BoPeep
05-01-2013, 11:41
We have had Europa since winter 2011 and it has always been very good.

When we left the modem off for a few months as we were in the UK I couldnt get the TV back on when we came back but Europa sorted that out over 24 hours.

They always rang back when they said they would and were always English and polite.

We get 4.6 mg regularly here on Amarilla Golf.

jandy
05-01-2013, 13:41
I decided to go back to Direct Telecom, now have free tv which works very well, and have catch up and VOD. Telefonica speed was 6 Direct Telecom is 4 but have not noticed any difference in downloading or watching TV.
When I had problems at the start they were very helpful, even the spanish engineer spoke to me and we sorted out the problem on line.