PDA

View Full Version : Which book swap is better? Los Cristianos or Puerto Colón?

monkeymisha
13-11-2011, 11:42
Im looking to swap some books and was wondering in your opinion is it better to go to the one in Los Cristianos or the one in Puerto Colon thanks

Suej
13-11-2011, 15:14
Im looking to swap some books and was wondering in your opinion is it better to go to the one in Los Cristianos or the one in Puerto Colon thanks

All the Live Arico shops have loads of books 3 for 2€! there´s one in LC opposite Admiral travel next door to Chruchills bar and it all helps for the animals!!!:wink2:

henry
13-11-2011, 17:38
Im looking to swap some books and was wondering in your opinion is it better to go to the one in Los Cristianos or the one in Puerto Colon thanks don´t go to the los cristanos one. they only give you 30 percent back value. i stop going there when i found this out. i been going to puerto colon because the old man is very nice and give you 50 percent back value when you swap your books.

monkeymisha
13-11-2011, 18:31
thanks for the replys i did drop some clothes and books off at the live Arico shop yesterday unfortunately no time to stop and look

AL JAY
13-11-2011, 19:54
Go and see Forum member Caroletenerife at the Torviscas shop opposite La Nina she has loads of books in mint condition paperbacks/hardbacks etc ...Cheap as chips!

tifosi
14-11-2011, 15:31
The one in P Colon is very good and always has a great selection

caroletenerife
14-11-2011, 20:13
Hundreds of books, lots of latest titles at the Live Arico shop in San Eugenio, also at the end of this week will be getting 800...yes 800 dvd's (not genuine..:cheeky:), just what you need to wile away the cold winters evening in Tenerife...or in other words, when it rains and the telly goes off..:wink:

anto3
01-02-2014, 18:52
If anyone sees the book philomena or anyone has it will you drop it into live arico and i will give them a few pounds for it.

karinagal
01-02-2014, 19:23
If anyone sees the book philomena or anyone has it will you drop it into live arico and i will give them a few pounds for it.

Is it this book?

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)
Martin Sixsmith
£7.99 £2.99

Sent using Amazon Windowshop

Sent from my iPad

If yes, it's currently £2.99 - I could bring it over for you on my next trip?

Karina

primrose
01-02-2014, 20:05
Is it this book?

Philomena: The true story of a mother and the son she had to give away (film tie-in edition)
Martin Sixsmith
£7.99 £2.99

Sent using Amazon Windowshop

Sent from my iPad

If yes, it's currently £2.99 - I could bring it over for you on my next trip?

Karina

I was gong to download it but after reading a review not sure it's the right one.

Review on Amazon.
If you think you are going to read Philomena's story - You are wrong. This is Michael Hess ( Antony) story:dontknow:

marbro8
01-02-2014, 21:14
to be honest before i was bought my new kindle i used to go to redarrow next to the compostela beach complex, we always change our money and book trips there and they have a good selection of books and jess and bob are very welcoming:)

anto3
01-02-2014, 21:25
That would be great.I think everyone should read this so sad. I saw Philomena being interviewed my heart went out to her. They made it into a film and she got award.. My friends tell me to read the book first and then to go to see the film. Great true story

karinagal
01-02-2014, 21:26
I was gong to download it but after reading a review not sure it's the right one.

Review on Amazon.
If you think you are going to read Philomena's story - You are wrong. This is Michael Hess ( Antony) story:dontknow:

Not so good! Anto3, get me the authors name and I can price it for you. No charge for international delivery via 'Karina the carrier'!! :D

anto3
01-02-2014, 22:01
Martin Sixsmith.If you bring that over for me I will take you for a nice glass of wine

karinagal
01-02-2014, 22:57
Martin Sixsmith.If you bring that over for me I will take you for a nice glass of wine

That's it ordered. I should be over (hopefully) in around 4 weeks..

anto3
01-02-2014, 23:28
What area do you stay in when you are over

karinagal
02-02-2014, 00:45
What area do you stay in when you are over

I'm in Amarilla Golf but I always have a hired car and make trips into Los Cristianos.. We will worry about the details closer to the time..!

melm
02-02-2014, 17:26

Review on Amazon.

Just read it on my Kindle and the review is spot on. Not a lot about Philomena the book focused on her son's life. A bit disappointed really

primrose
02-02-2014, 17:36
Just read it on my Kindle and the review is spot on. Not a lot about Philomena the book focused on her son's life. A bit disappointed really

There is another Book on Amazon ---The Lost Child of Philomena Lee: A Mother. Her Son. and a Fifty-Year Search by Sixsmith. Martin

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lost-Child-Philomena-Lee-Fifty-Year/dp/B00GOH4HCU/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1391359034&sr=1-3&keywords=philomena+book

Product Description
A compelling story of family secrets, love and loss When she fell pregnant as a teenager in Ireland in 1952, Philomena Lee was sent to the convent at Roscrea in Co. Tipperary to be looked after as a fallen woman. She cared for her baby for three years until the Church took him from her and sold him, like countless others, to America for adoption. Coerced into signing a document promising never to attempt to see her child again, she nonetheless spent the next fifty years secretly searching for him, unaware that he was searching for her from across the Atlantic. Philomena's son, renamed Michael Hess, grew up to be a top Washington lawyer and a leading Republican official in the Reagan and Bush administrations. But he was a gay man in a homophobic party where he had to conceal not only his sexuality but, eventually, the fact that he had AIDs. With little time left, he returned to Ireland and the convent where he was born: his desperate quest to find his mother before he died left a legacy that was to unfold with unexpected consequences for all involved. "The Lost Child of Philomena Lee" is the tale of a mother and a son whose lives were scarred by the forces of hypocrisy on both sides of the Atlantic and of the secrets they were forced to keep. A compelling narrative of human love and loss, Martin Sixsmith's moving account is both heartbreaking yet ultimately redemptive.

melm
02-02-2014, 17:41
There is another Book on Amazon ---The Lost Child of Philomena Lee: A Mother. Her Son. and a Fifty-Year Search by Sixsmith. Martin

thanks for that. It might focus on Philomena a bit more. will have a look.

karinagal
09-03-2014, 11:10
anto3 - I sent you my mobile number in an earlier message. Text me so we can arrange to meet so I can deliver your book!!

Karina

karinagal
09-03-2014, 17:29
I'd like to report that the book has been safely delivered courtesy of correos Karina..

melm
09-03-2014, 17:41
I'd like to report that the book has been safely delivered courtesy of correos Karina..

You're a star:jump2:

minimadmandy
11-03-2014, 20:32
All the Live Arico shops have loads of books 3 for 2€! there´s one in LC opposite Admiral travel next door to Chruchills bar and it all helps for the animals!!!:wink2:

Sue is the Live Arico shop up the walkway bit next to the children park on the right? I have loads of books in my apartment overflowing the cupboard. I've been leaving them there every time I finish a book on the plane on the way over and usually finish another while I'm there and don't bother bringing them back, I would be quite happy to donate most of them when I'm over in July.

Suej
16-03-2014, 18:21
Sue is the Live Arico shop up the walkway bit next to the children park on the right? I have loads of books in my apartment overflowing the cupboard. I've been leaving them there every time I finish a book on the plane on the way over and usually finish another while I'm there and don't bother bringing them back, I would be quite happy to donate most of them when I'm over in July.

Sorry for delay Mandy Yes that's the one!

minimadmandy
16-03-2014, 20:15
Sorry for delay Mandy Yes that's the one!
Thanks for letting me know, i will pay a visit when i back in July