PDA

View Full Version : Date of Corpus Christi in San Miguel de Abona,Tenerife

Saltnpepper
08-06-2011, 00:47
Does anyone know what date is Corpus Christi in San Miguel de Abona this year please? The day they do the flower & sand carpets ...

Andy0210
08-06-2011, 00:58
To the best of my knowledge it is between the 30th of June and the 3rd of July, i have found this website which give you more information.

http://www.spain.info/es/vive/fiestas/tenerife/corpus_christi_y_romeria_de_san_isidro.html

Which when translated means.............

This holiday home is the nineteenth century. The most solemn act is the carpets of flowers in the streets of the historic area.

The pilgrimage consists of a parade of the faithful carry her images of the patron saints of the village, San Isidro and Santa María de la Cabeza, who, symbolically, they made ​​the offering of fruits and land. Numerous carts and carriages represent the agricultural quaintness and partying nutridísimas popular singing songs and folk environment, integrate this pilgrimage.

The town hall square is covered with a real artistic tapestry of different colors with earth taken from the Cañadas del Teide, standing in the center of the square a silver throne of the Blessed Sacrament for adoration.

Saltnpepper
08-06-2011, 10:09
Hi, thanks for reply. That website doesn't actually relate to San Miguel de Abona but to a place in the north near La Orotava. I found that site myself too whilst I was searching. San Miguel sand carpets are actually only on one day only as there's a church service & procession at the end of the day where the congregation walk through the carpets & destroy them (shame, I know!) then they're all swept up & nobody would know they've been there! I'll try & find out the actual date from the Ayuntamiento (although I couldn't find it on their website, useless!). Cheers again : ))