PDA

View Full Version : Motor homes and caravanettes

leojohn
13-11-2011, 23:37
Does anybody know the running costs,ie,tax, insurance etc of a 4 berth motor home,
and why when you look on segundamano there are some very cheap ones like 2005/6/7
for about 6,500 €,I dont want to contact one of these and look like a plonker because
this only the deposit:ashamed: I hope somebody can explain this to me cheers

Vortex Wake
14-11-2011, 00:03
I see what you mean .

http://img.tapatalk.com/50074abc-4c53-a6b7.jpg

TIS
14-11-2011, 01:07
They are difficult to insure, as not all companies will cover them and parking must be a nightmare.

San Miguel
14-11-2011, 07:22
We had one and insurance was not a problem but where to go with one was as there are signs everywhere pleasant saying NO AUTOCARAVANA or NO CAMPING. It is also very expensive to get them off the island by boat..around 1700euros return when I last looked so a bit of a white elephant with nowhere to go. There is an enormous spanish camping club and they go off in convoy and park like in a giant private carpark nose to tail but that wasnt what we wanted to do! We used to be able to go to the beach at Amarilla then that got blocked off and the official camp sites dont allow dogs . Also beware if not matriculated in Spain because the ITV dont allow any fittings that are not inline with spanish rules. Saying that, I still miss our outings in ours and so does our dog ! We sold ours after about a year!

jas
14-11-2011, 13:52
i also would be grateful if someone could explain the proliferation of ridiculously cheap cars on segundomano.

is this a phone scam whereby you are charged at a premium rate for ringing these numbers

i am genuinely looking to buy a second car and have been looking at segundomano recently and have phoned 2 or 3 different numbers, nobody answers and on leaving a message to contact me no one returns the call.

is it possible to contact the owners of this site?

any info would be much appreciated

leojohn
14-11-2011, 20:58
Thank very much for the replies,its the obvious things that I had not thought about
and it has put me off a little, I should have known that there would be a load of
hassle as usual with any thing enjoyable in Tenerife :( Oh well I suppose I'll stick
with the hot air balloon:eyebrows:

Vortex Wake
14-11-2011, 22:18
Thank very much for the replies,its the obvious things that I had not thought about
and it has put me off a little, I should have known that there would be a load of
hassle as usual with any thing enjoyable in Tenerife :( Oh well I suppose I'll stick
with the hot air balloon:eyebrows:

Don't be put off. My sister got a motor home in the UK at the start of summer and its great fun. You find yourself noticing where other motor homes park and so on.
In Tenerife, the Paloma beach end of Los Christianos is popular , so is the La Caleta end of Del Duque for parking up over night.