PDA

View Full Version : Television Anyone know about Iberosat?

Megaloo
14-11-2011, 21:01
I have just had a telephone call from a friend in Mainland as I sent him a link for Europa Networks and he tells me he is changing his television provider to Iberosat a Spansh Company . He is just going to have Television not ADSL but he will get all English Channels including Sky for 21 Euros a month anyone know if they are on the Island?

TIS
15-11-2011, 00:36
Here is the link to their main office !

http://www.iberosat.eu/

Muppet
15-11-2011, 01:27
I have just had a telephone call from a friend in Mainland as I sent him a link for Europa Networks and he tells me he is changing his television provider to Iberosat a Spansh Company . He is just going to have Television not ADSL but he will get all English Channels including Sky for 21 Euros a month anyone know if they are on the Island?

Including Sky what? He won't be getting any Pay To View Sky channels thats for certain - Sky only buy the rights to broadcast the content of their many channels to the UK only - that's why you cannot subscribe to it from abroad (legally anyway).

I should check very carefully. Out of interest, the name SKY is not exclusive to the UK - there are many other satellite systems called SKY in many other countries - you may find all you get to see is a load of Italian topless game shows.........

mmmmm

What's that link again?

Megaloo
15-11-2011, 09:41
Including Sky what? He won't be getting any Pay To View Sky channels thats for certain - Sky only buy the rights to broadcast the content of their many channels to the UK only - that's why you cannot subscribe to it from abroad (legally anyway).

I should check very carefully. Out of interest, the name SKY is not exclusive to the UK - there are many other satellite systems called SKY in many other countries - you may find all you get to see is a load of Italian topless game shows.........

mmmmm

What's that link again?

I am only repeating what he told me. I actually queried it when he told me, I thought at first he was only going to get free to view, but he insists he will get all that he now pays for including sport, it will be interesting to find out when he has it installed.

timmylish
15-11-2011, 13:07
The simple answer to this is that one of the Satellite Foot Prints spreads onto the Mainland of Spain but stops somewhere just off the very north coast of Algeria, or thereabouts. Hence the limited no. of channels available. Now I understand that there may be further movement which will eliminate ALL Sky channels to the Canairies. Heresay possibly but, smoke without .........

satandpcguy
19-11-2011, 22:46
Iberosat make equipment.
If you are getting ALL Sky for 21euros a month, then it will be via a cardsharing network, ie paying a third party somewhere in europe, and not directly from sky.
The channels available on this system will depends on your dish size...its just the "unlock" codes that come from the internet.
So if you need a "big dish" to receive a certain sky pay channel now, then you will still need to have one with this system..the tv signals still come from the satellite, its the unock codes that come from tinkernetland.