PDA

View Full Version : Are there any yoga classes in south Tenerife?

rosemary
16-11-2011, 19:39
Does anyone know of Yoga classes in the south preferably in or near Golf del sur?

andyb
16-11-2011, 20:27
Yoga? Golf del Sur?? There's a good one!!!:laugh::laugh::jumping::jumping::jumping::sp in::zzz:

tonypub
16-11-2011, 20:37
try wellness well being,there lookin for staff ,no experience nessasary:whistle:

9PLUS
16-11-2011, 21:14
Yoga classes?

Little green thing in a Skirt?

Cheers

x

rosemary
16-11-2011, 21:31
Little green thing in a Skirt?

Cheers

x

Ah...you obviously need to get out more.

Nic
17-11-2011, 21:21
They have classes in the gym/spa on Golf Las Americas, near the courts, this is their website http://www.spacio10.es/

karinagal
15-02-2012, 21:41
Yoga is one of the best for health.Yoga is such a pain relief process and it is also helpful to maintain blood pressure,controlled diabetes,and asthma.

Please do tell - how does Yoga help with diabetes control? Serious question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Susief
15-02-2012, 23:15
Yoga is one of the best for health.Yoga is such a pain relief process and it is also helpful to maintain blood pressure,controlled diabetes,and asthma.

I have been told Yoga is good for many health issues.
I have a dodgy shoulder/neck from dislocating it 20 odd years ago and am contemplating attending a beginners class here in the UK.

What is the difference between that and Pilates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sparkly angel
07-03-2012, 03:02
hi rosemary, there is a yoga class going to be started in golf del sur in the next few weeks. When it gets up and running i will let you know. Its with a lady who will be doing the mind body and soul event in el medano the 18th march 2012. she will be doing 2 classes this day one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Why not come along and see if you like it. Its a day to try out new exercise and events and get to know people. this day she will also be talking about yoga and why it helps you. look at more information go on facebook mind body and soul event or on my page i have made a group mind body and soul on the forum to help thanks let me know if your interested thanks

kautchuk
19-03-2012, 16:49
Thanks very much for your info......
We are coming on the 10th April for 10 days. And my girlfriend is a professional in ashtanga - yoga.
Do you know by any chance, if someone is specializing in this kind of yoga?
Cheers

Yoga Vibe
06-09-2012, 17:41
Hi there,
I am a Yoga Teacher residing in Tenerife
Group & one to one classes taught in English throughout South Tenerife

Current group classes fyi (10e);
Monday 6-7.30pm in Armenime (Refugio Plantation)
Tuesday 7.15-8.30pm in Polercise (San Eugenio)
Wednesday 11.45-1.30 in Polercise (San Eugenio)

Debbie_22
10-09-2012, 12:48
Heya,

I run hatha yoga classes on request from reveron Apartments in los cristianos. The difference between yoga and pilates is the class focus. Pilates was initially created for back problems and the focus is more about core strength. The breathing during the exercises is also different. Yoga works the entire body mentally and physically. The different postures and positions open up / push on / release certain pressure points in the body helping from anything from IBS to diabetes.

PM for any information on classes

la vera
13-10-2012, 00:15
For those who are interested to try yoga classes in spanish, there is a yoga centre called Duam in Calle de Finlandia, Los Cristianos (next to San George apartment hotel).
schedule:
Tue/ Fri at 10.00 a.m. and Tue/ Thur at 20.30 p.m.

on the facebook: "duam salud" tenerife
I can not say anything about it, as I am going there the comming Tuesday first time to check it out.
Un abrazo!!!!

Debbie_22
05-12-2012, 18:20
Just to update everybody, from my previous post above. I will be teaching Hatha Yoga every Tuesday evening at 8pm - 930pm at Reveron Apartments in Los Cristianos.

Thanks

Yoga Vibe
15-01-2013, 00:05
Wishing all the Tenerife forum members’ a happy & healthy 2013
It’s not too late to start Your-Year in balance, rid the festive-excess & let-go of 2012…
Give yourself the chance to cleanse, strengthen & heal the mind, body & spirit
Hope it’s ok to share an update to prior post,
Namaste, Emily x

Group class timetable across South Tenerife
Monday;
10.15-11.30am Let's Dance (Callao Salvaje)
12.15-1.30pm Krav Maga School (San Eugenio)
5.15-6.30pm Plantacion Refugio Retreat (Armeņime)
Tuesday;
11.45am-1.30pm Let's Dance (Callao Salvaje)
4-5pm (Kidz Yoga Vibe €6.50) Let's Dance
5.15-6.30pm Let's Dance
7.15-8.30pm Polercise (San Eugenio)
Wednesday;
11.45am-1pm Polercise (San Eugenio)
1.30-2.45pm Krav Maga School (San Eugenio)
*Sunday:
7.45-9pm moonlight practice by the sea (La Caleta) *occasional*

Yoga Vibe
04-03-2013, 23:02
Hi all, just to clarify if there has been any confusion;
* I am a fully qualified YOGA instructor (with a background in nutrition, personal training & gym instruction) I do not teach polercise or krav maga marshall arts; 'polercise', 'krav maga' & 'let's dance' are all fabulous locations from which I teach *Yoga Vibe* throughout South Tenerife - a disipline that tones the body & cleanses the mind-
*if you want to get fit, lose weight & tone up without the bulk or damaging your joints then give the mat a chance to prove it’s got what it takes to boost your energy, wellbeing, muscle tone & flexibility!
*there are many different styles within categories of exercise e.g. marshall arts & dance -- as with yoga!! Try Yoga Vibe Tenerife for your fit mind & fit body
*you do not need to be flexible (or wear leotards!!) :-) to practice yoga but you will gain fitness & flexibility of the mind & body
*men are welcome to practice - my teacher trainer is the spurs (totenham holtspur) in house yoga teacher, whether you are a sportsman (or woman) or a one arm exerciser (@the pub!) you can benefit from Yoga Vibe
*i teach through modifications so the complete mond & body workout is available to all

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

p.s. i can certainly put you in touch with the various locations if you're interested in the other styles of exercises - all awesome in their own right x Emily, Yoga Vibe Tenerife x

blueeyes
14-06-2013, 15:14
anyone know of any good yoga classes please thanks... in advance

Yoga Vibe
02-07-2013, 23:13
Hi 'blueeyes'
I'm sure my regulars would be happy to recommend my yoga practice, should you wish to try any of my classes please get in touch for any questions or directions or just turn up, there's no need to book for my group classes and I have plenty of mats. My up to date timetable is listed below;
Group class timetable across South Tenerife
Monday;
10.30-11.45am Polercise (San Eugenio)
12.15-1.30pm Krav Maga (San Eugenio)
5.15-6.30pm Plantacion Refugio Retreat (Armeņime)
Tuesday;
11.45am-1.30pm Let's Dance (Callao Salvaje)
4-5pm (Kidz Yoga Vibe €6.50) Let's Dance
7.30-8.45pm Polercise (San Eugenio)
Wednesday;
1.30-2.45pm Krav Maga School (San Eugenio)
*Sunday:
7.45-9pm moonlight practice by the sea (La Caleta) *occasional*
I hope to share the practice with you soon!
Emily (Yoga Vibe Tenerife)

Debbie_22
05-10-2013, 11:38
At Enhance Fitness, I have Yoga classes on Monday 8pm - 930pm, Wednesday 715pm - 830pm (run by the fantastic Yoga Vibe) and Thursday 11am - 12pm

Full details on the website.

Yoga Vibe
17-01-2014, 13:17
Yoga Vibe Tenerife 2014 Timetable!
Complete mind & body workout
Any level of fitness & flexibility will benefit!
Group classes; Los Cristianos, San Eugenio, La Caleta, Armeņime, Callao Salvaje (*coming soon to Puerto Santiago!*)
Private classes; Los Gigantes to El Medano
* Monday;
12.15pm *Yoga Vibe* Venue: Krav Maga, Island Village (San Eugenio)
4.30pm *Chilled Yoga* Venue: Plantacion Refugio Retreat (Armeņime)
* Tuesday;
11.45am *Gentle Yoga* Venue: Let's Dance (Callao Salvaje)
7.30pm *Yoga Vibe* Venue: Polercise (San Eugenio)
* Wednesday;
12.30pm *Power Yoga* Venue: Krav Maga, Island Village (San Eugenio)
7.15pm *Yoga Vibe* Venue: Enhance Fitness, Reveron Apartments (Los Cristianos)
* Sunday:
5.45pm *Sunset Yoga* Venue: beach decking (La Caleta, next to H10 Costa Adeje Palace) (+15mins later time every few weeks)
Please note all classes are held in English.
Yoga Vibe Tenerife 2014 pricelist;
20% off 1st class
Private classes (Los Gigantes to El Medano)
**Resident discount**
Private classes & BONOs can be purchased as gifts.
I am uncertain whether I'm allowed to post the pricelist on the forum, pm for details & discounts!
Emily

alga
20-01-2014, 12:57
Yoga Vibe Tenerife 2014 Timetable!
Complete mind & body workout
Any level of fitness & flexibility will benefit!
Group classes; Los Cristianos, San Eugenio, La Caleta, Armeņime, Callao Salvaje (*coming soon to Puerto Santiago!*)
Private classes; Los Gigantes to El Medano
* Monday;
12.15pm *Yoga Vibe* Venue: Krav Maga, Island Village (San Eugenio)
4.30pm *Chilled Yoga* Venue: Plantacion Refugio Retreat (Armeņime)
* Tuesday;
11.45am *Gentle Yoga* Venue: Let's Dance (Callao Salvaje)
7.30pm *Yoga Vibe* Venue: Polercise (San Eugenio)
* Wednesday;
12.30pm *Power Yoga* Venue: Krav Maga, Island Village (San Eugenio)
7.15pm *Yoga Vibe* Venue: Enhance Fitness, Reveron Apartments (Los Cristianos)
* Sunday:
5.45pm *Sunset Yoga* Venue: beach decking (La Caleta, next to H10 Costa Adeje Palace) (+15mins later time every few weeks)
Please note all classes are held in English.
Yoga Vibe Tenerife 2014 pricelist;
20% off 1st class
Private classes (Los Gigantes to El Medano)
**Resident discount**
Private classes & BONOs can be purchased as gifts.
I am uncertain whether I'm allowed to post the pricelist on the forum, pm for details & discounts!
Emily

Hi, do you have any pregnancy yoga classes???
Thanks!!

rosemary
20-01-2014, 14:27
Hi guys. Thanks for all the info which covers a wide area. Since I put up the original thread Ruth Plummer has opened an Arts Centre in San Blas which has a great programme of Pilates and Non religious (no mantras!) Meditation classes. Also there is an Art class, and Latin American dancing and a new Spanish language class starting next Monday 27th.

The centre is located in a large Canarian Casa on the one way road behind the shopping area heading out of San Blas in the direction of Los Abrigos. It's the last house but one at the top end of the road. A lovely spacious house ideal for its purpose. Leaflets are always available outside on the railings.

Ruth is a highly qualified masseuse and has also a treatment room in the house. Please PM me for her telephone number.

Yoga Vibe
17-09-2014, 22:59
Hi everyone,
Just a note to remind you of/introduce you to the fab Tenerife Voucher Book, saving your euros on a wide range of services & activities - restaurants, shops, excursions fitness including Yoga Vibe Tenerife - please refer to my website for timetable, prices etc of course feel free to get in touch. The handy pocket sized voucher is stocked in all great places & available online. Enjoy your discounts! Emily x

YOGAZENTHER
13-11-2015, 17:57
Hi there yoga seekers.
There is a new YogaZenther recently opened in Los Cristianos under La Pepa food market in C.C. Pasarela.
All the info is on www.yogazenther.com

mrgs
11-01-2016, 21:40
This is a good one in Arona http://www.yogafincaurlaub.com/english/activities/