PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy an Air Fryer in Tenerife?

golf birdie
17-11-2011, 17:44
is there anywhere that stocks this product in Tenerife ?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4237415/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CKitchen+and+laundry%7C14418476/c_2/2%7C14418476%7CSmall+kitchen+appliances%7C14418587/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418587%7CFryers%7C14418598.htm#pdpProduc tReviews

San Miguel
17-11-2011, 17:49
I want one !!

ruffus
17-11-2011, 17:57
I saw a similar one in Electrocris for €199. I am seriously considering one too

dotty1
17-11-2011, 18:20
Do you mean Tefal Actifry I bought one in the Ferreteria in Las Chafiras I love mine, cheaper in the UK but worth the money

AL JAY
17-11-2011, 18:21
Amazon have them in stock and i believe they deliver to Tenerife!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_9?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=air+fryer+philips&sprefix=air+fryer

uptowngirl
17-11-2011, 19:20
Best thing I have ever bought. I got one in the UK and brought it in my luggage. It weighs 5 kilos. I don't think amazon deliver electricals abroad, but I would love to know if they have changed this policy!!!!

Great for carne fiesta!!!!

PS if you get one here's a couple of hints. You don't HAVE to add the oil if you don't want. Also, if you take the CENTRAL PIECE out, you can cook things like fishfingers, steak, sausages, ribs etc............... just turn them half way through cooking

chocaholic
17-11-2011, 20:17
Got ours electrocris 199 euros few weeks ago

Megaloo
17-11-2011, 20:50
But there is a new one whcih is airfryer with no oil I think it is made by Phillips not sure but being advertised on the English Television.

gazza
17-11-2011, 20:58
Have seen them in Worten, Las Chafiras

Nic
17-11-2011, 21:17
Yes, my mum and dad just bought theirs in Worten in Las Chafiras. Think it was 199€ but they say it's great!

AL JAY
17-11-2011, 21:32
Best thing I have ever bought. I got one in the UK and brought it in my luggage. It weighs 5 kilos. I don't think amazon deliver electricals abroad, but I would love to know if they have changed this policy!!!!

PS if you get one here's a couple of hints. You don't HAVE to add the oil if you don't want. Also, if you take the CENTRAL PIECE out, you can cook things like fishfingers, steak, sausages, ribs etc............... just turn them half way through cooking

Mr Lish bought a printer off Amazon and he was reimbursed with the V.A.T if i remember correctly!

sunset
17-11-2011, 21:44
Hi I bought phillips airfry from Amazon last week for 109 pounds delivered to Tenerife.

Megaloo
18-11-2011, 21:17
Hi I bought phillips airfry from Amazon last week for 109 pounds delivered to Tenerife.
What was the postage and did you have to pay any duty? I ask this as I saw them on sale today in Al Campo but they were 169 Euros which is a vast difference in the cost you paid

cressrt
18-11-2011, 21:41
There are various models on Amazon, which do "you" have and can recommend?

marbro8
18-11-2011, 22:43
we have had our 2 actifry's for about 2 years now and i must say they are worth their weight in gold, there are less calories in 500grms of chips than in a backed potato with butter, they now make a 2kg capacity actifry which is on my wish list, the philips looks good but it does not look to be a very big capacity:spin:

sunset
19-11-2011, 09:18
I bought the Phillipps new Airfry and it is as big as a standard deep fat fryer. We had fish and chips last night without any oil added and it was perfect. It cost me 109 pounds from Amazon UK but there was a postal surcharge on delivery of 18 euros but still comes out cheaper. It took about a week to come and came via Dublin. I am very pleased with mine only thing I have found is it may take a bit longer than stated to cook but that may be my electricity strength. Hope this helps

marbro8
19-11-2011, 19:45
I bought the Phillipps new Airfry and it is as big as a standard deep fat fryer. We had fish and chips last night without any oil added and it was perfect. It cost me 109 pounds from Amazon UK but there was a postal surcharge on delivery of 18 euros but still comes out cheaper. It took about a week to come and came via Dublin. I am very pleased with mine only thing I have found is it may take a bit longer than stated to cook but that may be my electricity strength. Hope this helpshi sunset, when you say you cooked fish and chips without any oil, do you mean that the fish and chips that you cooked already had the oil on them? because these appliances will cook oven chips and the like perfecly, much better than an oven but there are still quite a few calories in them, but with our actifry we put in fresh potato chips that we peel ourselves so we have to use a little oil because they will not cook dry:wink:

uptowngirl
19-11-2011, 20:24
hi sunset, when you say you cooked fish and chips without any oil, do you mean that the fish and chips that you cooked already had the oil on them? because these appliances will cook oven chips and the like perfecly, much better than an oven but there are still quite a few calories in them, but with our actifry we put in fresh potato chips that we peel ourselves so we have to use a little oil because they will not cook dry:wink:

I just put potatoes with no oil in my actifry and they still cook!!!

marbro8
20-11-2011, 00:09
I just put potatoes with no oil in my actifry and they still cook!!!oh right!!! i will try that then ta:)

atlantico
20-11-2011, 11:45
Actifry is basically a small oven, high heat, and the base rotates. It more economical as its small. A microwave with oven facility does exactly the same job except you have to rotate the food yourself.

popsybear
20-11-2011, 13:23
amazon delivered a ps3 for me so i presume they will deliver other electrical goods aswell.

ruggernutter
20-11-2011, 13:24
went to al-campo yesterday and got one the same as the tefal one for 59.00 it's called a Kympo cg01a works brilliant:)

sunset
20-11-2011, 18:08
I am sure the price will come down as other companies make them. The fish I cooked was frozen battered cod and the chips frozen so they had enough oil already on them. I am still experimenting but am really pleased with the results so far

sunset

sunset
21-11-2011, 11:27
When you guys all get your air fryers try potato slices brushed with olive oil, garlic, thyme and sea salt. Absolutely delicious!!:tongue:

WELSH CLASSIC
21-11-2011, 12:24
They sell the Tefal in Makro in the UK for about £100,so they may sell them in Makro in Tenerife?

Goforgold
21-11-2011, 13:13
Well I've never heard of any of these until I saw this thread :) Not had home made chips since I tried to burn the house down!! So now I've found something else I want :)

Thanks. :)

Suej
21-11-2011, 13:52
Well I've never heard of any of these until I saw this thread :) Not had home made chips since I tried to burn the house down!! So now I've found something else I want :)

Thanks. :)

There have been TV ads for them recently GFG...take a look! I´m just a bit concerned about capacity...I´m a bit of an oink oink!

http://youtu.be/JQaCURyweAU

Oops sorry just realised I have chosen a foreign link! Ah well you get the gist:)

ruggernutter
21-11-2011, 13:57
held five pieces of chicken easily and that was about 1kg it states up to 1 and a half kilos.

Goforgold
21-11-2011, 16:33
There have been TV ads for them recently GFG...take a look! I´m just a bit concerned about capacity...I´m a bit of an oink oink!

Oops sorry just realised I have chosen a foreign link! Ah well you get the gist:)

Thanks Suej - I will keep a look out but the ads for them don't seem to have made themselves to where I live :(

I checked out customer reviews and the majority of people seem very happy with them. I would like to see one in action and taste the food, before I paid out all that money though as I use my Foreman grill most days and was happy with that until I saw this new thing :)

Just adding that most reviews seemed to be about cooking chips, but I don't really want to encourage myself to go back on those as I won't know went to stop eating them!! ;)

WELSH CLASSIC
23-11-2011, 11:57
Makro Uk have been selling them for about 3/4 years,they were priced at over £200 then.One of the Freeview channels demonstrates most weeks under Tefal Hour, what they cook in it is practically everything.

marbro8
23-11-2011, 21:05
Thanks Suej - I will keep a look out but the ads for them don't seem to have made themselves to where I live :(

I checked out customer reviews and the majority of people seem very happy with them. I would like to see one in action and taste the food, before I paid out all that money though as I use my Foreman grill most days and was happy with that until I saw this new thing :)

Just adding that most reviews seemed to be about cooking chips, but I don't really want to encourage myself to go back on those as I won't know went to stop eating them!! ;)as i said earlyer gfg you don't have to worry about the calories because there are less calories in a portion of chips cooked in the actyfry than in a jacket spud with butter, and if you cook them as uptowngirl said without the teaspoon of oil then they are even healthyer:cheeky:we have had ours for about 18 months now and our family come up every monday night(9 of them) just to sample them:wink:

Added after 4 minutes:

Oops sorry just realised I have chosen a foreign link! Ah well you get the gist:)we have 2 for that reason lol, 1kg will do enough for 2 people but they have made a 2kg capacity one now which i hope santa will be bringing me:eyebrows:

Goforgold
24-11-2011, 18:05
Thanks for the information Marlbro, but I would be concerned about starting up eating chips again, because of the amount I would have to consume. ;)

When I lived at home I ate them every night of the week except Saturdays and Sundays. Mum refused to cook them on those two days, trying to make me eat vegetables - she didn't succeed, although I do eat them now as long as they have gravy and mint sauce on!!!