PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Urgent Advice on getting meter connected for electricity.. Have no POWER !!!!!!!

Dave Crowley
18-11-2011, 02:31
HI,

Just wondering if anyone could give me a small bit of advise if you have any idea or experience of what I going to explain.

Recently purchased apartment... All paperwork done.. Happy Days.

The only issue was that the previous owner had "hot wired" the apartment into next doors supply. Therefore no meter!
Our lawyer and estate agent both insisted this would be easy enough to correct and not to worry.
We knew that we would need to get a boletin and meter sorted so on advise of lawyer we organised all this. We got an electrician recommended by soliciter and decided to get all wiring check and replaced. Job done happy days we thought....

However we have now been advised the following

"In order to register the electricity meter, we have to request a copy of the certificate of occupancy of the house, for that the Arona Town-Hall ask for a series of reportes that must be performed by an architect.

We requested a quotation and the cost would be between 1200 and 1400 .
It is important to remind that without the certificate of occupancy you can not be on the elecricity register"

Does this seem right to you, if not do you have any advise for me...

Does anyone know if it possible to get a replacement copy of the original certificate of occupancy which would of been issued when building was build first day.

Cheers

karinagal
18-11-2011, 08:45
We had to get a habitation certificate before we could get our electricity connected. Our lawyer arranged this through our community office and I think it cost us @ 150€...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

9PLUS
18-11-2011, 08:48
Sounds quite right you'd need the original certificate of occupancy (Certificado de primera ocupación) before being able to make a account with Endesa for the first time. ( Endesa first account )

Sounds quite wrong that an apartment that isn't new does not have the certifcate already.

Has there only even been one owner prior to you? this could explain maybe he'd seen a way of "getting out" of the 1200 to 1400 euros :-)

I've send you a PM with some more information

fonica
18-11-2011, 10:02
Where are your lawyer and estate agent now? They should be making sure that you are helped through this complicated and difficult process which involves dealing with the Ayuntamiento etc.Go back to both parties and make a huge fuss and tell them that you will be naming both on the forum as they haven't completed the work that they were supposed to do.

9PLUS
18-11-2011, 10:19
fonica did they say they were going to do it before the sale?

or did they say it would be sorted out easily after the sale?

Most paperwork can not be dont in the new owners name until after the sale has been completed.

Its wrong to hold back information until after the sale has gone through but that is how a lot of people work.

Money driven

fonica
18-11-2011, 14:08
Spanish lawyers almost always include the transfer of utilities in the cost of the purchase.Who did you use and were they recommended by your estate agent? If so then you have to go back to both and ask them to sort out the problem.The only reason that you would use a lawyer to help you with the transaction is to ensure that these problems are taken care of.

Added after 6 Hours 12 minutes:

fonica did they say they were going to do it before the sale?

or did they say it would be sorted out easily after the sale?

Most paperwork can not be dont in the new owners name until after the sale has been completed.

Its wrong to hold back information until after the sale has gone through but that is how a lot of people work.

Money driven
No reputable lawyer or estate agent would allow a client to sign in the notaria until they had the copies of all paid bills.I.e. water,IBI,electricand community payments.These days the Notario usually wants to see these provided at the time of signing.So,you are right that you can't change the utilities into the new owners name until he /she has signed the escritura but the lawyer would have known there was a problem when the seller couldn't supply a bill from the electric company.What else has remained unpaid??

Dave Crowley
18-11-2011, 20:42
Hi folks thanks for all the advise folks.. Just to update people the lawyer is still involved and reckons he now may be able to do better deal..
There was never an electrics bill for our apartment, seems old owner was a bit of a gangster, and had recieved a few apartments as part of a claim against builders years ago.. Had never installed meter. I am look to see if community has copy of cert of occupancy and one of my friends was calling to electric company in person to see what story is.. And then must call to town hall to see if they have copy of cert.. Fingers crossed...

9PLUS
18-11-2011, 20:55
No reputable lawyer or estate agent

I'm with you there