PDA

View Full Version : Urgent iPad help

timmylish
18-11-2011, 16:40
Ladies and Gents who own or use iPads 1 or 2.
Just how much of a problem is there now in d/l films and video content but not from iTunes or other parts of the Apple machine. We have HDD,s full of Russian Films (language should make no difference) and other video content which Mrs. T would wish to put on any Tablet we bought. There is obviously no problem with Android equipment doing this. I would also wish to d/l from "hmmmmmmm" sites not to be mentioned! How do you manage that? I know that there is a media player I,ve seen mentioned in varios places but just cannot recollect the name. Anyone help. Sorry for the amount of questions but until I know how we would get the use we want I aint not paying out any dinero! Thanks anyway.:crazy:

karinagal
18-11-2011, 16:46
I think as long as they are in MP4 format, they should be ok. We use a DVD shrink program to copy our dvd's onto our HDD and then import the file into iTunes for use on iPad, iPod and iPhone.

stevem
18-11-2011, 16:48
Here's a bit of helpful reading for you

http://www.dvdtoipads.com/resources/ipad-movies.html
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2370764,00.asp
http://www.movies-to-ipad.com/

Hope that helps :)

BobMac
18-11-2011, 16:52
Just how much of a problem is there now in d/l films and video content but not from iTunes or other parts of the Apple machine. We have HDD,s full of Russian Films (language should make no difference) and other video content which Mrs. T would wish to put on any Tablet we bought. There is obviously no problem with Android equipment doing this. I would also wish to d/l from "hmmmmmmm" sites not to be mentioned! How do you manage that? I know that there is a media player I,ve seen mentioned in varios places but just cannot recollect the name. Anyone help. Sorry for the amount of questions but until I know how we would get the use we want I aint not paying out any dinero! Thanks anyway.:crazy:

Have a look at the VLC media player on the link below, it runs on almost all OS's and it's free

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

stevem
18-11-2011, 16:54
Forgot about VLC, nice one Bobmac :)

BobMac
18-11-2011, 17:04
Forgot about VLC, nice one Bobmac :)

And there's an IOS version now

timmylish
18-11-2011, 17:07
Guys thanks. I,ve always used VLC since it more or les became common knowledge but the other info is of assistance.
Actually, one of my co-members of a Fitba' site in Glasgow got me the info about a media player. Its called Azul Media Player which he highly recommended so I,ll be looking into that. Also, keep all and any info coming. I want to learn as much as possible before presenting a case to Mrs. T. !!!!!!!!!

BobMac
18-11-2011, 17:08
Guys thanks. I,ve always used VLC since it more or les became common knowledge but the other info is of assistance.
Actually, one of my co-members of a Fitba' site in Glasgow got me the info about a media player. Its called Azul Media Player which he highly recommended so I,ll be looking into that. Also, keep all and any info coming. I want to learn as much as possible before presenting a case to Mrs. T. !!!!!!!!!

As a Scotsman, best case scenario for VLC is that it's FREE and will play almost anything you can throw at it

Bobby
18-11-2011, 17:29

I use a program called Aiseesoft and it absolutely fab. Load dvd's onto computer as a library and then transfer to your i pad.