View Full Version : Bars Manhattan Bar, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

slodgedad
08-06-2011, 10:44
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

TenerifeTeddy
08-06-2011, 17:45
We went there with 2 friends a couple of months ago. Nicely laid out, nice furniture, comfy chairs and quick and efficient waiters. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced.
My only real complaint was, the night we went there was footie on, and they are really a bar, not a restaurant, but the sound from the TVīs was so loud you had to shout to the person next to you to be heard, which was a shame, but it was great otherwise.

marbro8
08-06-2011, 19:59
along with taylors lounge this used to be one of our favorite bars, we spent our two weeks last october trying to fathom out which one was the best, after our last visit in may we went a couple of times and the maltese couple that were part owners have done a bunk because it was found they were dipping into the takings? what a shame because they realy made an effort to welcome you:doh: the beer was good at 1.50 euros a pint and the house wine was lovely, the food was also nice the manhattan burger being very good value and not for the faint hearted!! the steak pie with red whine gravy was also nice and not to over powering with the wine, our friends gary and sue also recomend the starter platter for 2 as very good value:lol:

malvasia
07-12-2011, 22:52
Can some tell me where Manhattans bar is please....................many thanks.

imablue
07-12-2011, 23:37
its on the corner of the Passerella shopping centre...Avenida San Francisco......just down from Paradise Park Hotel... and if you are familiar with El Mirador where O,jangles bar is its on the opposite corner to there ....

Tdm
08-12-2011, 10:06
Manhattan's is one of the two places where you will find one of the best singers on the Island "Morgan" perform when he is over. Food is good and seating inside is very comfortable and staff are friendly.
Good choice of beer and they now have added "draught" Peroni to the choice on offer. Agree about the comment re the Tv's - but it is not just football - when we last went in to watch Morgan perform, and it was very busy with people who had come especially to see him - they delayed the Act too long because someone wanted to watch the end of "X" Factor on the large screen TV. Most people went in to see Morgan - the few who wanted to watch "X" factor should have stayed at home to watch it!

steve_
08-12-2011, 13:45
I did my own little survey of the best low price breakfasts in the Los Christianos area. In my opinion, Manhattans came out tops. Great quality sausage and bacon, sauteed potatoes, egg, beans, glass of orange juice. very nice indeed. Apart from the breckie its a really nice bar, I like to sit on the sun terrace and read my book and watch the world pass by.
The worst breakfast for anyone interested, was the bar on the sea front with blue pool with terrapins in it. Sorry cant remember it's name. They used cheep tinned ham instead of bacon, ghastly.

anto3
08-12-2011, 14:01
Springers do the best breakfast along that line. proper rashers, not full of fat you get everywhere else

angiebabe
11-12-2011, 09:10
I did my own little survey of the best low price breakfasts in the Los Christianos area. In my opinion, Manhattans came out tops. Great quality sausage and bacon, sauteed potatoes, egg, beans, glass of orange juice. very nice indeed. Apart from the breckie its a really nice bar, I like to sit on the sun terrace and read my book and watch the world pass by.
The worst breakfast for anyone interested, was the bar on the sea front with blue pool with terrapins in it. Sorry cant remember it's name. They used cheep tinned ham instead of bacon, ghastly.
I think it's called Piccasos.

alacrity
25-12-2011, 17:12
UOTE=angiebabe;124597]I think it's called Piccasos.[/QUOTE]I think you are at the wrong end,Picasso's has a swimming pool,i think Steve is on about the bar that plays country and western music by the crazy golf.Still dont know name though sorry.

imablue
27-12-2011, 13:55
Is it not Los Tarajales...?
Paseo Martimo/Paseo Trasmallo....

seanocelt
27-12-2011, 16:00
Is it not Los Tarajales...?
Paseo Martimo/Paseo Trasmallo....

that's exactly what/where fits the decription.

lancslad
09-01-2012, 17:48
gonna try this one.
its the last drinking house before the hill

gillybeans
12-01-2012, 21:24
Can someone tell me where Springers is? Thanks.

s1monsg
12-01-2012, 21:58
It's in El Mirador, the road going down past Spar in Los Cristianos. Down the road from Bojangles and close to Taylors bar. I hope that helps.