PDA

View Full Version : Re-booking with Autoreisen

clifford149
18-11-2011, 21:38
Hi

initially booked a hire car 6 months ago for this december

I have just done another check on prices and the same car/dates come out about 100 euros cheaper ....so have put in a new booking....will autoreisen accept my change?

clifford149

delderek
18-11-2011, 22:15
Hi

initially booked a hire car 6 months ago for this december

I have just done another check on prices and the same car/dates come out about 100 euros cheaper ....so have put in a new booking....will autoreisen accept my change?

clifford149

I don't think they charge for cancellation

fixer
18-11-2011, 22:29
No they dont just email them and cancel and rebook ive done it no problem. David

penelope pitstop
18-11-2011, 23:05
I always cancel & re-book, no charges. Just take the cancellation e mail with you just to be on the safe side. We have never had a problem with them when doing this.

Su1
19-11-2011, 12:13
We too have never had problems re booking. Just rebook at the cheaper rate and in the comments box put you previous reservation number and say you wish to cancel that booking once you have confirmation of your new booking.You only need to take your revised booking confirmation with you. I rebooked three times on one booking and had no probs. Book early but keep checking the price, if its peak time e.g school hols, the price usually goes up not down.

jill lesley
19-11-2011, 20:44
You can just notify Autoreisen. However, sometimes rates look cheaper and they are not - doyouspain looked cheaper and promise no hidden extras or add-ons - you get there and you find out there are when you pick car up from Goldcar Rental - extra for insurance, extra driver, tank of petrol - we would not have agreed to all this but didn't realise till we were about to pay the Barclaycard bill - so BEWARE!!

fixer
19-11-2011, 21:02
You can just notify Autoreisen. However, sometimes rates look cheaper and they are not - doyouspain looked cheaper and promise no hidden extras or add-ons - you get there and you find out there are when you pick car up from Goldcar Rental - extra for insurance, extra driver, tank of petrol - we would not have agreed to all this but didn't realise till we were about to pay the Barclaycard bill - so BEWARE!!
Rates are always as quoted by Autoreisen they dont charge extra for a tank of fuel just bring it back the way it is no extra for insurance or 2nd driver.

penelope pitstop
19-11-2011, 21:03
With Auto Reisen what you see is what you get. We have never been charged for fuel, you leave in the same as what you were given when you pick the car up. No charge for an extra driver & the insurance is full.

Su1
20-11-2011, 04:09
Agree with all that has been said about autoreisen -you only pay the price on the.booking confirmation and not until you arrive and are at the desk. They also charge you in euros so no hidden conversion costs as some other car suppliers try to do.
We had a problem with the car - some kind soul ran into the car whilst parked -it was a mess but auto reisen just replaced it and we were not charged a thing, also on another occasion had a puncture, we changed the Tyre with the spare, went back to the airport and they gave us another new spare Tyre at no cost even apologised for our inconvenience even though not their fault.
Another time prices looked expensive compared to others, emailed them, the reply told me to look at internet again - they had reduced the price. We have to say we have always been very pleased with autoreisin, OK their cars are not always the newest, we did have a brand new C3 once but were worried about scratches, not a problem with AutoR as you are covered fully comp with their insurance. We always used to take out an annual policy in the UK to cover excess but no need with autoreisen as all is covered unlike many of their competitors.

clifford149
22-11-2011, 19:06
Hi

the company accepted my new booking at the lower price...so pays to double check prices before leaving the Uk.....100 euro saving

clifford

Westminster
22-11-2011, 20:32
Yes, just cancel the first booking

brianandelaine
16-10-2012, 19:32
Agree with all that has been said about autoreisen -you only pay the price on the.booking confirmation and not until you arrive and are at the desk. They also charge you in euros so no hidden conversion costs as some other car suppliers try to do.
We had a problem with the car - some kind soul ran into the car whilst parked -it was a mess but auto reisen just replaced it and we were not charged a thing, also on another occasion had a puncture, we changed the Tyre with the spare, went back to the airport and they gave us another new spare Tyre at no cost even apologised for our inconvenience even though not their fault.
Another time prices looked expensive compared to others, emailed them, the reply told me to look at internet again - they had reduced the price. We have to say we have always been very pleased with autoreisin, OK their cars are not always the newest, we did have a brand new C3 once but were worried about scratches, not a problem with AutoR as you are covered fully comp with their insurance. We always used to take out an annual policy in the UK to cover excess but no need with autoreisen as all is covered unlike many of their competitors.
Have to agree with the above used autoreisen for several years now 3-4 times a year never had any problems booking, price service, always first class often had extras at no extra cost, in fact last 3 times we have had a car upgrade without asking or any extra cost.
Credit were it is due.

Boyface
16-10-2012, 20:15
First time I booked with Autoreisen I picked the car up and had my first drive in Tenerife (in the dark) and whilst looking for a turning and watching the traffic I failed to notice I had strayed into a parking bay and ran over the kerb at the end of it. I stopped and checked and found the wheel trim had come off and there was a rather large dent in the rim. I picked up the trim and drove slowly to destination. Next day I took the car back to the Airport and owned up to the damage. They were very good and told me it was good that I picked the trim up and drove me to the garage and fixed the wheel and sent me on my way again with no charge. Have used them 4 or 5 times since with no problems with them, their rental rates or with my driving lol :)

penelope pitstop
16-10-2012, 20:48
We too always use Autoreisen. I booked for a week in November & then changed to 2 weeks but the price had risen considerably. I e mailed them & they lowered the price to that of the original booking x 2 for the 2nd week. No complaints so far.

tfs1
16-10-2012, 21:39
just returned our rental car to them for our first week away, it helps with the bulky Mercadona/Ikea runs etc. Car had a few supermarket dents and needed a squirt or two of WD40 on the door hinges but apart from that the C3 ran well and when needed carried 4 adults around to the various eateries.

Now back to the bus and walking - got the 111 back from TFS airport to Los Cris and was charged €2.70 each and thats using the Bono card - bus fares have certainly risen a lot since our last visit in May.