PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me the SMTP settings for vodafone?

clara
20-11-2011, 13:58
When I came to Tenerife this time I brought an unlocked dongle and a Spanish vodafone sim which makes internet access very easy. The only problem I have is sending emails. Can anyone tell me the SMTP settings for outlook express for outgoing mail? Thanks.

TenerifeTeddy
20-11-2011, 19:20
I copied this from the Vodafone website. :)

What are the SMTP settings for the 3G broadband USB Modem?

You should first try using your own outgoing server details and if at all possible use outgoing mail authentication as well - you can get these details from your Email Provider or Internet Service Provider as appropriate.

If your service providers own smtp server does not allow you to send email over another network then it is possible to configure your outbound mail to use our Vodafoner Mail server.

The outgoing SMTP mail server is send.vodafone.net and the port number is 25.

clara
21-11-2011, 12:20
Thank you TT. I'm still not having any success but its given me more to work on.

TenerifeTeddy
21-11-2011, 14:51
Most ISPīs wont allow you to send mail from other providers. Mostly it results in a error message similar to "error 550, relay not permitted"

BobMac
21-11-2011, 14:58
Thank you TT. I'm still not having any success but its given me more to work on.

Try registering for a GMail account and setting it up to synchronise with your normal account. You can then access your e-mails through that and it allows you to nominate your normal account as the sending e-mail address from Gmail