PDA

View Full Version : Other Can anyone recommend a gymnasium in south Tenerife?

bigjeff75
03-06-2011, 06:57
having got myself into a bit of a rut i have decided that now is the time to get myself sorted out before i hit 40! i was just wondering what options are available to me out here?

Debbie_22
18-06-2011, 11:25
Heya,

I work in gimnasio BFIT in los cristianos in the reveron apartments.... open everyday incl sundays and random tenerife bank holidays 7am - 1 in the morning, it has a sauna aswel. I also work in GETFIT gym in los cris near the bus stop//chinese shop much bigger gym, mon - fri 7am til midnight, sat 8am - 8pm....its a much bigger gym and it has classes in both english and spanish if ur needing an extra push.

ameal4two
18-06-2011, 13:36
hi fella depends where you live ,good one i go to in chafris

WeeBoabfaeGovan
18-06-2011, 18:50
Hi bigjeff i used to use the gym in the Royal sunset beach club i Adeje in 6/7 Calle Londras it has everything you would need although i cant remember the prices hope that helps Rab

mossy
18-06-2011, 19:57
How much do they charge on average?

ameal4two
18-06-2011, 20:05
30 to 35 euro ,goes cheaper if you pay for 3,6,12 months

caroll72
18-06-2011, 21:37
having got myself into a bit of a rut i have decided that now is the time to get myself sorted out before i hit 40! i was just wondering what options are available to me out here?

Ha Ha Jeff!
Make sure the gym has a bar & a chinese takeaway :hungry:

Only joking!

See you next week :hat:

Roadkingrider
23-09-2011, 17:34
Anyone know of a good gym in the South, near to Golf de Sur? Preferably with sauna etc etc. Cheers

sunseeker
25-09-2011, 18:10
the aguamarina golf has a gym. not sure if you can use it if you dont stay there though. http://www.hotelaguamarinagolf.com/en/hotel.html

Goforgold
25-09-2011, 18:12
Someone told me there was a good one at La Chafiras - but I haven't been able to find out the name of it.

karinagal
25-09-2011, 20:06
the aguamarina golf has a gym. not sure if you can use it if you dont stay there though. http://www.hotelaguamarinagolf.com/en/hotel.html

I had a flyer given to me when passing there once and I'm sure that they encourage non guests to use it - no idea of how much.. have to say though it's very small and not very well equipped from what I've seen....

polremy
03-11-2011, 17:25
When I last went to Aguamarina gym it cost 20euros for 12 visits.
I think there were monthly options too.
It is very small and has a small indoor pool at the back. This cost an extra euro each time.
I now go to to Spa Atlantis which is next to Golf Plaza.
I pay 30 euros per month and it's open every day till 8pm except Sundays when it closes at 2pm. I even went on Christmas Day one year.
I much prefer it even though it's not that well equipped, has no sauna and gym membership doesn't include pool use.
In its favour is the fact that it is not a basement jobbie like so many of these gyms - it has a light wood (type) floor and views out to sea from the balcony.

tonyda
03-11-2011, 20:04
The gym at Las chafiras is on the road past iceland,used it most days in june,no sauna.

Andy0210
04-11-2011, 01:59
There is a brand new one opened recently run and owned by two english lads, its the biggest in the south and also the biggest Martial Arts Academy in the Canary Islands it is called X-treme Fitness, it is on the other side of the motorway from Iceland, behind First Impressions printers, it is built on two floors with the top floor being a large sports bar.

Membership is 38€ a month including some extra classes as well.

If you use Facebook this is the Facebook group for the gym here.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/220114654719578/

Current classes listed in the pic below but change as more classes are started as more instructors are found.

aidynskas
20-11-2011, 17:34
Hi,

I'm looking for a well equipped gym somewhere in south Tenerife (I'm in las Americas but can drive around). I've unsuccessfully tried to track like 5 gym addresses found on the internet in the past few days but couldn't find any. They information online seems to be very outdated.

Any suggestions or links to Google Maps are most appreciated!

P.S. Well equipped = squat rack, barbells, benches. I don't care about treadmills,etc.

Thanks!

Stoney
20-11-2011, 17:57
On google maps type in Island Village/Aqualand and look for Calle Itialia off Av Austria
When you go there look for the Arches its on the corner of Calle Itialia - the Gym is at the end of the road

polremy
20-11-2011, 19:22
Try Spa Atlantis.
It is next to and part of Golf Plaza in the Golf del Sur.
Should be easy to google.
It is on the right as you drive down to the sea from Las Chafiras, just past the new medical centre "Excellent" which is on your left.
Not sure how long you would want to use it but it is 5 euros a visit or 30euros a month for as many visits as you want.
Not the best equipped gym in the world but friendly and light and airy with a view of the sea.

ally9997
21-11-2011, 14:20
I go to the aqua spa gym in torviscas alto just up from the gran sur... it is well equipped with all the free weights, benches ets and stationery stuff, plenty of cv as well , its easy to find with free parking

good luck

Ally

Irina
21-11-2011, 16:09
Try the Elite Gym in Las Chafiras, it is right on the corner, seen from the motorway, their exact address is C/ Fundadores Cooperativa 4, Las Chafiras. All equipment is practically new as they opened about a year ago.

There is another one in Las Chafiras a bit further up the road towards San Miguel, called Xtreme, behind the First Impressions, but they focus more on the martial arts. This one is also new, about a month old...

Andy0210
21-11-2011, 21:41
Try the Elite Gym in Las Chafiras, it is right on the corner, seen from the motorway, their exact address is C/ Fundadores Cooperativa 4, Las Chafiras. All equipment is practically new as they opened about a year ago.

There is another one in Las Chafiras a bit further up the road towards San Miguel, called Xtreme, behind the First Impressions, but they focus more on the martial arts. This one is also new, about a month old...

The X-Treme gym has every kind of machine and free weights you can imagine, its 38€ a month Irina is correct they do have a huge martial arts set up but are also very well equipped with gym equipment, and it is owned and run by two body builders who are on hand all the time to train you or to give you any advice you need.

lovely
28-11-2011, 09:14
Anyone know of a good gym in the South, near to Golf de Sur? Preferably with sauna etc etc. Cheers

There is a gym in aguamarina golf, maybe you can use it but I think you need to be a member first before you can use it.

jewels
28-11-2011, 11:10
I think you can buy a gym membership at the new sandos hotel complex in san blas/I,ll try and find something out

TenerifePool
28-11-2011, 11:16
I can recommend Xtreme Fitness in Las Chafiras, I've been using it since the day it opened in October.

jewels
28-11-2011, 11:49
I can recommend Xtreme Fitness in Las Chafiras, I've been using it since the day it opened in October.

do they have a swimming pool.

TenerifePool
28-11-2011, 17:15
do they have a swimming pool.

No pool at the moment, but I did see one of the owners in the carpark with a shovel thismorning....

I spoke to the owners of Xtreme Fitness in Las Chafiraas this morning and they would like to offer a free "Day Pass" to all forum members.

Just print out this page and hand it to reception on arrival.

Enjoy!

(one per person)

susanlouise
31-12-2011, 18:34
We are in Tenerife for 4 months. Does anyone know of a good and reasonably priced gym?

Andy0210
31-12-2011, 18:47
X-Treme Fitness at Las Chafiras, facebook page here.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/220114654719578/

Foz
31-12-2011, 21:03
We are in Tenerife for 4 months. Does anyone know of a good and reasonably priced gym?

Odiseagym .... Buzanada. 40€ a month. Really well equipt gym, lots of classes, great helpful staff, easy to park. Highly recommended x

René
31-12-2011, 21:13
The sport school in Adeje has been opened just a few days ago. Quite interesting, not expensive and almost everything available (swimming, zumba, yoga, Pilates, tennis, etc. etc.).

http://www.adeje.es/esp/1012_centro_deportivo_el_galeon_.asp

chifleta
31-12-2011, 22:42
I go to this one, they do the Les Mills exercise classes (Body Attack, Combat, Balance, Pump etc etc) ....

http://www.facebook.com/planetgym.lasgalletas

this is Las Galletas, Arona, South Tenerife :)

Jackie
31-12-2011, 22:56
You are in Tenerife for 4 months, surely you can find better things to do than go to the gym

sunseeker
01-01-2012, 00:57
maybe she has a training routine and wants to keep it up. why judge?

Jackie
01-01-2012, 01:09
maybe she has a training routine and wants to keep it up. why judge?

Not judging at all...just asking if there are not better things she could do with 4 month in Tenerife..

Goforgold
01-01-2012, 14:59
Not judging at all...just asking if there are not better things she could do with 4 month in Tenerife..

Happy New Year Jackie :) - I'll be looking for a gym if we can get out for a few months winter sun as I don't want to lose the level of fitness I've got from going to the gym here. I need the weights machines as swimming alone isn't enough for what I need. We walked miles and swam quite a lot when we were over in October, but I noticed I wasn't as fit when I got back to the gym at home, you soon lose it if you don't use it!! ;)

kingbaker
26-01-2012, 16:55
Happy New Year Jackie :) - I'll be looking for a gym if we can get out for a few months winter sun as I don't want to lose the level of fitness I've got from going to the gym here. I need the weights machines as swimming alone isn't enough for what I need. We walked miles and swam quite a lot when we were over in October, but I noticed I wasn't as fit when I got back to the gym at home, you soon lose it if you don't use it!! ;)

Hard to imagine you turning up at a gym, a bottle of 'low hydrogen water' in one hand, a big bag of 'MUFFINS' in the other and a smell of aniseed balls that would kill a horse.:crylaughing:

Doesn't bear thinking about, although maybe you wear a Leo.... mmmmmmm:lol::crylaughing:

seanocelt
05-06-2012, 18:44
Hi, a few gyms have closed/moved over the past few years. Anyone know of one open and prices in Los Cris/PDLA for these hot summer months, getting a bit warm when running. Thanks, Sean.

marbro8
09-06-2012, 10:33
:D
Hi, a few gyms have closed/moved over the past few years. Anyone know of one open and prices in Los Cris/PDLA for these hot summer months, getting a bit warm when running. Thanks, Sean.

my nephew asked me the same question last week for when we return in october, but the only gym i have seen on my travels in los cris is walking past the opollo centre on your left past the bus station over the next main road and the next just before you get to the park on the left, it,s the only gym i have seen, mind you i am more inclined to look for bars and eateries on hols

Superclean
09-06-2012, 14:02
Hi i go to the T3 it is in La Caleta prob as bus ride but not to far .... 30 euro's a month for gym and classes in the Morning .. We get a lot of the Prem football teams to train here.... if you want to swim it is 50 euro's a month , very cheap and lot's of friendly staff and members .....

anto3
11-06-2012, 00:32
My friend and i go to hollywood mirage, 40 euro a month and they have a jauzzi the size of a swimming pool. Tired them all around los cris and this was the best. no contract and 15 euro a week if you do not want to pay monthly

seanocelt
11-06-2012, 01:59
Gracias chica gwoppa de Irlandes...........(rich bitch!! ) I guess 40 aint too bad, problem is it has minimal treadmills, we run and want to avoid the heat a few months.

Bramble
12-06-2012, 16:26
There's a new gym opened in the complex of Chayofa County Club in Chayofa near to the Tennis Courts. 30€ per month open Monday - Saturday.

marydoll56
30-06-2012, 21:08
Is this gym still open, I am looking for classes when I come 24 July to 7 August, if so can you tell me how much it costs. many thanks Mary

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Heya,

I work in gimnasio BFIT in los cristianos in the reveron apartments.... open everyday incl sundays and random tenerife bank holidays 7am - 1 in the morning, it has a sauna aswel. I also work in GETFIT gym in los cris near the bus stop//chinese shop much bigger gym, mon - fri 7am til midnight, sat 8am - 8pm....its a much bigger gym and it has classes in both english and spanish if ur needing an extra push. Hi there, do either of these gyms have classes? I am looking for either Zumba, pilates, body combat or similar. Many thanks

Debbie_22
26-08-2012, 14:21
The Reveron Apartments gym has re-opened as a ladies fitness club. It has classes mon, wed, fri 11 - 12 with an english instructor as 4euro a pop. No joining fees.

Debbie_22
26-08-2012, 14:23
Heya, I have moved my classes to The Reveron gym (opposite harveys and shambles bars). My classes start mon3rd sept. I have the 11 - 12 time slot on a mondy for spinning, wednesday for legs bums tums and friday for aerobics. My classes are just 4€ and theres no joining fees.

larryp
19-12-2012, 15:27
Hi all,coming to Las Americas for four weeks in January does anybody know of a gym that does short term or weekly membership also reasonable cost bike hire, want to try and keep fit on holiday, many thanks Larry.

Westminster
19-12-2012, 15:42
There is superb local authority gym in Adeje called club El Galeon with all gym facilities that has a heated swimming pool as well.

47.25€ per month for use of all facilities, less for over 60s.

More details email info@cdelgaleon.com

larryp
19-12-2012, 16:44
Thats a really quick reply,I will make a note of the details and pay them a visit, many thanks Westminster,can't wait to get away from all the rain in the UK, Larry.

chifleta
19-12-2012, 21:16
there's probably places a bit closer to the coast, although Adeje not too far with regular bus service... if you're on facebook, post a request here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/125783824209885/
I'm sure you'll get lots of replies... there are even some people that do boot camp type training on the beach, although that may be just in the summer ... it's a bit nippy for us locals hahahahaha :)

vonnie
20-12-2012, 13:14
Heya,

I work in gimnasio BFIT in los cristianos in the reveron apartments.... open everyday incl sundays and random tenerife bank holidays 7am - 1 in the morning, it has a sauna aswel. I also work in GETFIT gym in los cris near the bus stop//chinese shop much bigger gym, mon - fri 7am til midnight, sat 8am - 8pm....its a much bigger gym and it has classes in both english and spanish if ur needing an extra push.

Thanks was looking for somewhere too.

Debbie_22
31-12-2012, 13:38
Heya, Just to remind people that Gimnasio BFIT does NOT exist anymore. However at Reveron Apartments; I amongst others run Fitness classes from the studio there and do Personal training from their gym.
Hope to see everyone in the new year.
Debbie

Taylor
18-06-2013, 01:04
thanks for all the good info guys N Gals

princessmonika
18-06-2013, 06:57
yes you can use it , you don't have to stay there 39 euro per month pool extra

Debbie_22
19-07-2013, 13:55
ENHANCE FITNESS at reveron apartments, avenida amsterdam is open 8am - 10pm, 7 days a week.
Gym is €35 / month, includes sauna, training plan, and body fat / measurement tracker.

5bagzasand
12-11-2013, 21:18
Hi room , can any one tell me if there are any Gym's in Adeje please , I've found one on a website called Fitness 2000 has any one heard of or know if it is still open ? Thank you.

ameal4two
12-11-2013, 21:59
Don't know if still, open .but if you travel a bit good gym in chafiras called xtreme gym

princessmonika
13-11-2013, 09:34
spa atlantis in golf del sur beside the golf plaza hotel -- i am a member --it is 47 € per month as a member
dayly rate is 7.50 per person

hailfuzz
13-11-2013, 20:42
ENHANCE FITNESS at reveron apartments, avenida amsterdam is open 8am - 10pm, 7 days a week.
Gym is €35 / month, includes sauna, training plan, and body fat / measurement tracker.

Can you pay per visit ?

Jimmyastbury
26-03-2015, 03:58
Can anybody recommend any good bodybuilding style gyms with some heavy weights in for me as I'm staying in los cristianos for 2 weeks! Staying at the sol princessa dacil but don't want to be travelling to far to get to the gym with me being on holiday

Thanks

ImagineTenerife
23-06-2015, 02:05
I,m not going to this kind of places but all my friends say the best one is in Marilanza Hotel, next to Santiago VI. More expensive als normal but with the best service and facilities.