View Full Version : Bars Dreamers Bar, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

slodgedad
08-06-2011, 11:02
Have you visited this bar. How was it?

We need your comments.

Write a review to give others an idea of where to go on their jollies

browngirlinring
12-06-2011, 21:06
been to this bar 15 years now, xmas and in the summer, dreamers is, and should always be the world class caberet bar it has been known for. rob, sound manager, known him for years, his daughter same age as our grandaughter. glad to hear its back to having acts on. comming back out on sunday, chefs here are among the best on the island, i mean that, staff are great as well, still have to say best compere ever here was mark deane, see you all soon,

LyndaR
13-06-2011, 09:53
I was at Dreamers in March when they returned to having Cabaret acts and what a fantastic week. Went out again the beginning of May and still love going there for a good night of entertainment. Rob and Steve still manager the place and lovely Leanne and Paul still there and not forgetting Russ who stands outside every night working his socks off to get people in there. I'm back there again the end of Sept so if you're going out before then perhaps you can give us an update on your return.

Adocros
13-06-2011, 10:32
This place sounds good; where else but on this forum would I have heard about it? One point though, where is it in Los Cris please?

LyndaR
13-06-2011, 12:27
I'll do my best to give directions you can follow. Going from the beach area walk along the front until you get to the childrens playground turn your body left and Dreamers is up on the right. From the market area walk along the front, up the steps, past the restaurants until you come to a small square just before the playground and turn right. There's a big sign so you can't miss it. Failing that just ask for Russ who's usually nearby and he will walk you in.

Jackalina
13-06-2011, 19:12
Could do with some decent furniture.

Jackie
13-06-2011, 20:17
I'll do my best to give directions you can follow. Going from the beach area walk along the front until you get to the childrens playground turn your body left and Dreamers is up on the right. From the market area walk along the front, up the steps, past the restaurants until you come to a small square just before the playground and turn right. There's a big sign so you can't miss it. Failing that just ask for Russ who's usually nearby and he will walk you in.

Would that be one of their PR's who is always a lot more than the 15 mtrs they are supposed to be away from their door;)

howard thornton
13-06-2011, 20:20
Could do with some decent furniture. and the terrace power washing.

Harmonicaman
13-06-2011, 20:22
This place sounds good; where else but on this forum would I have heard about it? One point though, where is it in Los Cris please?
Here it is (http://*******/maps/ePDs) Adocros.:)

carpdaught1
14-06-2011, 00:30
Went there last week ordered steak and a beef curry was told we could have either a steak or beef curry ..only one piece of steak left should have left then ... but hubby wanted a curry ended up with chicken curry and that upset his stomach wont be eating there again

LyndaR
14-06-2011, 09:22
Yeh you're right there. The place has been open now for about ten years and does look a little tired but the past three or four years have been lean times. I'm sure when things pick up they will do something about the decor.

Added after 2 minutes:

Yeh but he's always around when I go over there. He does a great job and that shows on his night off cos the place is almost empty

Davethepubsinger
29-11-2011, 14:42
My wife and I have tried their Sunday roasts for the past two weeks. The first Sunday we were impressed by the quality and quantity of the meat (pork), the mashed potatoes and the veg. The yorkshire puddings were a bit on the doughy side as were the stuffing balls and the roast potatoes were very well done (which my wife likes). There was also lots of gravy.
Last Sunday I tried the beef which was excellent (as was my wifes choice of pork) The roasts weren't burnt and the yorkshires had risen beautifully Everything else was excellent. For 5 Euros the roasts are excellent value. Especially as other bars in the area have raised their prices!

LyndaR
24-05-2013, 12:19
I've been supporting Churchills and Dreamers for about 17 years now and I really don't know what has happened to Dreamers. They are charging premium prices for rubbish drinks and then wonder why people aren't going in there. We paid nearly €15 for three drinks, mine being a brandy and coke and I was given brandy substitute and a can of coke. It didn't taste anything like brandy.Russ does a great job bringing people through the doors but they have one drink or stay one night and then don't come back. Also the staff seem to spend their nights off drinking in the place and seem to take over. I bet they don't pay premium prices and drink rubbish. We won't be going back to Dreamers and thats a shame as I've known Roy and Denise for many years and feel like I'm letting the side down. They need to do something quick or they will close down.

karlburn
20-06-2013, 10:35
I've been supporting Churchills and Dreamers for about 17 years now and I really don't know what has happened to Dreamers. They are charging premium prices for rubbish drinks and then wonder why people aren't going in there. We paid nearly €15 for three drinks, mine being a brandy and coke and I was given brandy substitute and a can of coke. It didn't taste anything like brandy.Russ does a great job bringing people through the doors but they have one drink or stay one night and then don't come back. Also the staff seem to spend their nights off drinking in the place and seem to take over. I bet they don't pay premium prices and drink rubbish. We won't be going back to Dreamers and thats a shame as I've known Roy and Denise for many years and feel like I'm letting the side down. They need to do something quick or they will close down.

I could of written this post, it is a shame but the bar is now tired and overpriced