PDA

View Full Version : Pet WANTED! German shepherd bitch

patrica
21-11-2011, 14:30
Does anyone know where we can get a German shepherd bitch . It can be a puppy or a older dog . Or does anyone know who has a bitch to mate . We have a huge longhair boy would love to mate him .. Thankyou

Ecky Thump
21-11-2011, 19:43
Does anyone know where we can get a German shepherd bitch . It can be a puppy or a older dog . Or does anyone know who has a bitch to mate . We have a huge longhair boy would love to mate him .. Thankyou

Does he sing........

I'll be your long haired lover from Liverpool
And I'll do anything you ask.:laugh:

patrica
21-11-2011, 19:45
OH YES he sings lol :neener:

cressrt
21-11-2011, 21:00
There are enough unwanted dogs and pups on this Island without producing any more, get responsible!

tracey_in_tenerife
21-11-2011, 21:08
Knew it wouldn't be long before someone piped up !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timmylish
21-11-2011, 23:34
There are enough unwanted dogs and pups on this Island without producing any more, get responsible!

Its not really any of your business, in my opinion!

Ecky Thump
22-11-2011, 09:51
Its not really any of your business, in my opinion!

Timmy, in the context of this thread, then I agree with you, but also I do think the problem of unwanted dogs in Tenerife needs addressing and should be discussed.

patrica
22-11-2011, 11:03
Yes i know there are lots of unwanted dogs , But i am not the one who left them , i am responsible , as i keep my dog and would never abandon any of MY dogs , thats up to the people that do , NOT ME . And yes good point but none of your business . I can sleep at night knowing MY dog is loved and cared for . And did you not notice A PUPPY OR AN OLDER DOG .

timmylish
23-11-2011, 01:19
Timmy, in the context of this thread, then I agree with you, but also I do think the problem of unwanted dogs in Tenerife needs addressing and should be discussed.

Whilst wholeheartedly agreeing with you if need be then objectors to this posting could quite easily resurrect one of the older threads on the subject or start a new one again.

SuzyQ
23-11-2011, 01:23
Patricia, we have a beauty in the refuge, female, born March this year, but she would be sterilised before leaving the refuge so I guess you wouldnt be interested. You may well be a responsible owner, but look at this way - if you breed a litter of 6 pups, and succesfully home them, thats 6 less dogs taken from a refuge. If I could wave a magic wand and sterilise every dog on this island for the next 5 years I would do it, I would give anything to make that happen. With respect, until you are at the cutting edge of the problem you have no idea how massive it is. If your mind is made up I cant change it, I would just ask you to think it through. Please. From my heart. x

Ian_N
23-11-2011, 01:45
No disrespect to all but i find here people dont seem to be allowed to ask for a pedigree dog! I havent i got 2 dogs mongrels but in all respect i aquired them like any person. But if they want to have a certain dog put the contacts through all doggie agencies so the owner gets what they want and the organisation who ever gets one off there lists.
P.S do all staff for these companies work for free as they dont in the RSPCA ?

Andy0210
23-11-2011, 02:21
You arenīt allowed to ask for a specific dog on here, its one of the biggest sins, i remember someone came on the old forum and asked if anyone knew where they could get a British Bulldog, i posted info about people who bred them and i was the devils spawn for telling them, they were the devils spawn for wanting one and a the people that bred them were even worse.

To the point that people on here actually wanted to destroy their business in Tenerife.

For the record i have four mongrels all rescued and wouldnīt swap them for the world. :)

timmylish
23-11-2011, 02:39
We are still looking for a pal for Yuriy!

Ian_N
23-11-2011, 02:49
Whatevers?

patrica
23-11-2011, 10:27
No i would be interested, and i know she would be sterilised , i did put puppy or older dog on my posting , have been asking around for ages for a bitch , i no all the dogs are sterilised when they come from the rescue and good thing , i put to mate my boy as we have been looking for so long . Did ask and look at all the pictures at the dog rescues ,but did not visit at it would break my heart and i would want to take them all home ,,but did not see any german sheperds . Thank you so much we will make a visit to see you .

Added after 8 minutes:

So when you want a job , a car , a beer, and etc etc etc , you can not put it ,lol well mate i dont want a pedigree , i want a certain breed as thats the breed i like , my other is a miniture tea cup yorkie ,but my husband would not be seen walking one lol.

SuzyQ
23-11-2011, 11:44
No disrespect to all but i find here people dont seem to be allowed to ask for a pedigree dog! I havent i got 2 dogs mongrels but in all respect i aquired them like any person. But if they want to have a certain dog put the contacts through all doggie agencies so the owner gets what they want and the organisation who ever gets one off there lists.
P.S do all staff for these companies work for free as they dont in the RSPCA ?

Of course people have preferences for a certain breed, my parents used to have Cocker Spaniels, my brother has three Weimeraners, its not the breed, its the desire to create more dogs of any breed. Bot sure the relevance of who gets paid, all I can say is I dont, doind between 20 - 25 hours per week for nada. Admittedly I have a well paid night job which facilitates this :)

You arenīt allowed to ask for a specific dog on here, its one of the biggest sins, i remember someone came on the old forum and asked if anyone knew where they could get a British Bulldog, i posted info about people who bred them and i was the devils spawn for telling them, they were the devils spawn for wanting one and a the people that bred them were even worse.

To the point that people on here actually wanted to destroy their business in Tenerife.

For the record i have four mongrels all rescued and wouldnīt swap them for the world. :)

Andy, did you know that guy left the island - and four pedigree Bulldogs in LA? We homed them all fast as they are sought after but still :(

No i would be interested, and i know she would be sterilised , i did put puppy or older dog on my posting , have been asking around for ages for a bitch , i no all the dogs are sterilised when they come from the rescue and good thing , i put to mate my boy as we have been looking for so long . Did ask and look at all the pictures at the dog rescues ,but did not visit at it would break my heart and i would want to take them all home ,,but did not see any german sheperds . Thank you so much we will make a visit to see you .

Added after 8 minutes:

So when you want a job , a car , a beer, and etc etc etc , you can not put it ,lol well mate i dont want a pedigree , i want a certain breed as thats the breed i like , my other is a miniture tea cup yorkie ,but my husband would not be seen walking one lol.

Patricia, if you are genuinely interested in this female GS cross then I applaude you. The one I spoke of is not on the facebook page or website yet, she was left at the clinic yesterday. If you PM me your email address I will send pictures to you. All the best.

caroletenerife
23-11-2011, 12:43

yeh, i would call them worse, for legging it off the island and abandoning their dogs at the refuge...really professional behaviour from reputable breeders.

timmylish
23-11-2011, 13:48
Patricia,

Please tell your husband that like him, 3 years ago I would not have seen me on the streets with a Yorkie or similar, however having got our Yuriy over 2 years ago as a pup and I have to tell him, in a very long lifetime of owning dogs of all sorts but mainly Labradors, Yuiry has to be the finest all round dog I,ve ever had the pleasure of owning. Quite a number of members and visitors to Tenerife Auctions know him and all absolutely love him to bits! So there! And do tell him!

stevem
23-11-2011, 14:21
My Dad loves walking their two yorkies. It gets him lots of female attention. To my Mums bemusement! :)

9PLUS
23-11-2011, 14:30
My Dad loves walking their two yorkies. It gets him lots of female attention. To my Mums bemusement! :)

Yes he does those dogs play happily for hours tied to the railing at the Lions bar

cheers

x

stevem
23-11-2011, 14:38
Yes he does those dogs play happily for hours tied to the railing at the Lions bar

cheers

x Just wait til he sees that!!! :laugh:

patrica
23-11-2011, 14:50
:idea: lol

louisecox
23-11-2011, 17:07
I agree that there are alot of abandoned dogs on the Island and I understand both points of view, I also know that there are certain people who only want a pedigree dog of a certain bread and do not want an older dog etc. I have a cross and she is beautiful wouldnt change her for the world, but I do love Alsations and Labradors and Golden Retrievers etc.

SuzyQ
23-11-2011, 17:31
I have just emailed pics to the OP. x

stevem
23-11-2011, 18:28
Lets hope for a happy outcome! :)

Ian_N
24-11-2011, 01:53
I just think whatever people want why not have as lets be honest if its a pedigree or a mongrel its down to the owners. Its only them that throw them out regardless of breed non breed etc.
I like all animals like probably you all share with me but say cats can survive they will go round houses but i know of a person who died had birds wasnt his missus cup of tea and she left them in the sun with no food or water!
They were rescued but out of ten eight died.

patrica
24-11-2011, 20:26
thankyou SuzyQ , we went to the rescue and brought the german cross home , she is so pretty , she also has some bottle as she was telling our German dog off and he is so big compared to her , at the moment they are lying together on the balconly shattered .And thanks for all the input from every one .

caroletenerife
24-11-2011, 20:56
thankyou SuzyQ , we went to the rescue and brought the german cross home , she is so pretty , she also has some bottle as she was telling our German dog off and he is so big compared to her , at the moment they are lying together on the balconly shattered .And thanks for all the input from every one .
Thank you so much patricia, every dog that leaves the refuge and finds their forever home means so much, please post some photos on here when they settle in together, they would be great to see.xx

timmylish
24-11-2011, 22:16
May I take this opportunity of wishing you well in trying to place this dog. Hopefully happy families! Phots would be great and maybe a wee report from time to time, as well!

patrica
24-11-2011, 22:23
Will do have taken some , will put on here soon .

timmylish
25-11-2011, 01:53
Thank you so much!

caroletenerife
13-12-2011, 01:19
Hi, have had a message from Patricia, the German Shepard cross she took home has settled in nicely, she has had her op and is great friends with her new big brother, Patricia will post some pics soon. Thanks so much Patricia, its especially nice when one of the larger dogs finds a loving home because they are harder to place. Have a lovely Christmas xx

SuzyQ
13-12-2011, 03:07
yes, I will admit to being a bit quick off the mark, but in this case alls well that ends well. Happy days x

caroletenerife
06-01-2012, 19:45
Just an update, here is Ella, all settled in and enjoying the company of her new very handsome big brother.

s1monsg
06-01-2012, 20:10
Excellent, a happy ending well done all.

timmylish
06-01-2012, 23:49
Just an update, here is Ella, all settled in and enjoying the company of her new very handsome big brother.

I saw a very fine Black Labrador on here a couple of days ago and posted to that effect. I now feel required to compliment the male German. What a fine face on him but I have to say that I wouldn,t want to meet him on a dark moonless night up a dark alley-way!

caroletenerife
07-01-2012, 00:05
I saw a very fine Black Labrador on here a couple of days ago and posted to that effect. I now feel required to compliment the male German. What a fine face on him but I have to say that I wouldn,t want to meet him on a dark moonless night up a dark alley-way!
yes haha, having a big dog does have its benefits. I wander about at night without a care in the world, with the added bonus of never being approached by the Chinese sellers, looky boys or PR's. x