PDA

View Full Version : Other Where can I get the best coffee in Los Cristianos?

Loaded
22-11-2011, 22:59
There's plenty of places that serve bad coffee in Los Cristianos but does anyone have some suggestions for good coffee?

The best I've had so far is from the Italian cafe on Eden next to central uniformes..... La opera do some good stuff too on el mirador..... I try to steer clear of anyone using careca in a 1960s coffee machine.....

stevem
23-11-2011, 10:02
The best coffee I've had is when I worked for Direct Telecom. Underneath their office, facing ofipapel was a coffee house. Unsure if it's still there but the leche leche was fantastic :)

Loaded
23-11-2011, 10:45
Harrys?????

Suej
23-11-2011, 11:22
There's plenty of places that serve bad coffee in Los Cristianos but does anyone have some suggestions for good coffee?

The best I've had so far is from the Italian cafe on Eden next to central uniformes..... La opera do some good stuff too on el mirador..... I try to steer clear of anyone using careca in a 1960s coffee machine.....

One of the nicest places for coffee is Mestizoīs in LC itīs almost opposite Admiral Travel, next door to Churchills. it has burgandy colour awnings and cane chairs (so you will rcognise it) The coffee is freshly ground and you can buy it for your coffee machine or Cafettiere itīs gorgeous. They donīt serve food though.:)

Balcony
23-11-2011, 11:43
Good coffee from two of the beachside kiosks
1. walking from Los Cristianos towards Playa - first kiosk once you go under the 'tunnel'. Strong coffee.
2. keep walking towards Playa, around the bend as you PASS MCDONALDS and on to the far end of the walkway to the kiosk with plenty of seats on the beach.

Loaded
23-11-2011, 22:04
Yes mestizo is very good!

When did I get so into coffee????

I was getting mine from Bahia verde on paloma beach but they closed down for 2 weeks holiday in may and since then I've gone to olaff.... I just couldn't get a taste back for Bahia verde!

mossy
23-11-2011, 22:06
As a coffee addict myself i tend to go to the two roadside cafes opposite the fountain away from the apollo centre and also you should try cafe diem behind the other side of the social offices run by an Italian who apparently went to college in milan to learn the art of coffee making.Peter pan bar/cafe going towards mount chayofita and a new bar in los eres complex opposite spar,enjoy

Loaded
23-11-2011, 22:57
Diem is the place I mentioned in my first post, awesome coffee! I think it cost 1,30 and I gave her 2,50 and said it was the best coffee I've ever had lol

markcuk
23-11-2011, 23:11
coffee is awful in tenerife with no fresh milk its rubbish.

9PLUS
23-11-2011, 23:11
Italian place rear side of Harrys in front of the Bus lanes

Harrys

Behind ofipapel the Belgium/French bakery.

Goforgold
24-11-2011, 18:12
One of the nicest places for coffee is Mestizoīs in LC itīs almost opposite Admiral Travel, next door to Churchills. it has burgandy colour awnings and cane chairs (so you will rcognise it) The coffee is freshly ground and you can buy it for your coffee machine or Cafettiere itīs gorgeous. They donīt serve food though.:)

Have to agree with you Suej :)

stevem
24-11-2011, 18:48
coffee is awful in tenerife with no fresh milk its rubbish.

You have obviously been to the wrong places as the coffee in Tenerife beats the excuse of a drink in the UK hands down! :)

markcuk
25-11-2011, 18:54
I am fussy with my coffee having trained to be a barista a few years back. Yes the coffee in the UK is bad to like costa,nero,starbuck all rubbish its very hard to find a coffee house that actually knows what there doing.

And the mark up is so high I expect a decent bloody drink:mad:

Chicken Shirl
28-11-2011, 19:31
The Belgium/French place has gone down the pan just recently:(

Metizos is still good:)

A new bar that has opened near La Cava next to an Italian hair dresser......It's the best coffee I have had in ages in Los Cristianos......Sega Fredo......I think thats how you spell it......I also steer clear of careca.....It's rubbish......I never ever have coffee at the airport for that reason......JSP is also rubbish......Lavazza or any other good Italian sign is what I look for.

malagabob
29-11-2011, 10:29
When in LC we always pop into the Bar Restaurant Gomeron top end of CC, we always get a good cup in there.

mossy
29-11-2011, 13:06
It also depends on who's making the coffee, different baristas can make totally different coffees.

atlantico
29-11-2011, 14:12
they say the World's best coffee bean is the Jamaican Blue Mountain bean, and its very expensive. I ordered from an ebay seller and had to file a dispute via Paypal for a refund as it didn't arrive after 6 weeks ! In the UK its way too expensive, and haven't seen anywhere in Tenerife advertising it.

Sundowner
29-11-2011, 16:58
To make good coffee you need good coffee beans, for those of you who appreciate the finer things in life, you can order your tea and coffee from http://www.hrhiggins.co.uk/about/welcome/

They supply all over the world.

Enjoy!

atlantico
29-11-2011, 17:21
They charge Ģ74.50 for 500g delivered !

I get it directly from Jamaica for Ģ26 for 500g delivered !

warbey
29-11-2011, 20:31
I always wonder if Coffee tastes better on Home ground (sorry 4 pun)
Taste Buds are suspect in My World.

Across from thye Bus Terminus there is a Coffee placeon the Beach side of the big Block
Almost opposite on the OTHER side is a smallish Place I like too. (it could be Harry's)

Whicever one I always enjoy it.

Ive been in Jamaica and enjoyed the Blue Mountain stuff, but maybe some of this is an acquired Taste.?

marbro8
29-11-2011, 22:05
they say the World's best coffee bean is the Jamaican Blue Mountain bean, and its very expensive. I ordered from an ebay seller and had to file a dispute via Paypal for a refund as it didn't arrive after 6 weeks ! In the UK its way too expensive, and haven't seen anywhere in Tenerife advertising it.i thought that coffee that was pooed out by the indonesian luwak? it's called kopi luwak was the most expensive? but who would fancy drinking a coffee bean that had been passed through the digestive system of a weasell???

Ecky Thump
29-11-2011, 22:40
i thought that coffee that was pooed out by the indonesian luwak? it's called kopi luwak was the most expensive? but who would fancy drinking a coffee bean that had been passed through the digestive system of a weasell???

I thought you were winding us up about it being passed by a animal, so I looked it up on the Internet and found it to be true, I wonder what it tastes of!:yum:

marbro8
29-11-2011, 23:29
pooed coffee beans mate:crylaughing::crylaughing:

TOTO 99
30-11-2011, 07:28
Probably tastes crap.......:cheeky:

atlantico
30-11-2011, 10:03
mmmmm.......sounds great ............ just ordered 50g at Ģ15 to see what it tastes like . . . . . . . make girlfriend a nice espresso . . . . THEN tell her where it came from !

carolethatch
30-11-2011, 10:32
Cruel swine:crylaughing:

9PLUS
30-11-2011, 10:49
I've just made you a similar coffee Atlantico quick quick before it goes cold

Sundowner
30-11-2011, 13:30
The Coffee song...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVGXcjM9SOQ

Ecky Thump
12-01-2012, 10:25
Not quite in Los Christianos, but I have just bought a Dolce Gusto Piccolo Coffee machine, it cost Ģ53 on Amazon, its clean and simple to use and the range of available coffee pods are good.
I would recommend it for those that want a quick cup of real coffee with no fuss.

beerfan
12-01-2012, 11:40
Not quite in Los Christianos, but I have just bought a Dolce Gusto Piccolo Coffee machine, it cost Ģ53 on Amazon, its clean and simple to use and the range of available coffee pods are good.
I would recommend it for those that want a quick cup of real coffee with no fuss.

Might there be restrictions on shipping that sort of thing to Spain?

Are electrical goods like those cheaper in the Canary Islands than in the UK?

Ecky Thump
12-01-2012, 11:45
Might there be restrictions on shipping that sort of thing to Spain?

Are electrical goods like those cheaper in the Canary Islands than in the UK?

There have been many posts on the forum, quoting that Amazon deliver to Tenerife and the VAT is deducted.

As far as prices being cheaper then at times, yes they can cost less in Tenerife, but the availability may not be there for all items.

Michellepeeps
12-01-2012, 14:49
the bakery in los cristianos does good cakes and coffees

Zara
12-01-2012, 17:10
Mestizo (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2010/12/15/simple-pleasures-%E2%80%93-a-coffee-in-los-cristianos/) as good as ever and also Cafe 5 (http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/2011/01/02/afternoon-delight-tea-in-tenerife/) great cakes if you have a sweet tooth

d41pse
12-01-2012, 23:51
Costa Rica in the Valdes Centre excellent coffee and iced coffee also great choice of cakes and pastries open 24hrs.

beerfan
13-01-2012, 01:56
There have been many posts on the forum, quoting that Amazon deliver to Tenerife and the VAT is deducted.

Yes, I understand that but Amazon UK will not deliver all items to all countries. I just thought there might be an issue with them delivering coffee machines to Spain as they do have restrictions on some items. I know that there are no restrictions on DVDs but there are in some items for some countries.

It sounds provisionally like it might be OK though.

Susief
13-01-2012, 07:20

We bought one back in Nov. brilliant machine! In fact daughter was so impressed with it got her one too.

They even sell pods in Mercadona.

Amazon do deliver to Tenerife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ecky Thump
13-01-2012, 11:24
We bought one back in Nov. brilliant machine! In fact daughter was so impressed with it got her one too.

They even sell pods in Mercadona.Amazon do deliver to Tenerife.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its the price of the coffee pods that put a lot of people off, with the major supermarkets all appearing to keep the prices at one high level and buying direct from the Dolce Gusto web site is very expensive due to high postage costs as the pods are dispatched from Germany, so at the moment we will have to "grin and bear it" until the offers start, if any one on the forum knows of a supplier that discounts them, then that would be helpful.:)

golf birdie
13-01-2012, 14:49
Yes, I understand that but Amazon UK will not deliver all items to all countries. I just thought there might be an issue with them delivering coffee machines to Spain as they do have restrictions on some items. I know that there are no restrictions on DVDs but there are in some items for some countries.

It sounds provisionally like it might be OK though.

go to Amazon.es, 100's of coffee machines. Duty taken off at point of sale but will be charged when delivered (don't know how much? Anyone?)

bonitatime
13-01-2012, 21:35
You can buy pods in Media Markt