PDA

View Full Version : Other How will you be spending New Year's Eve in Tenerife?

birkdaleboy 07
24-11-2011, 23:03
How will you be spending newyears eve? we will hopefully spend the day on the beach relaxing then having a lovely meal at montanas with some gran vina sol wine mmm verynice then partying around the patch @ badbobs,drunken duck,roxys blaydon races ending up at the chippy nextdoor to the railway hehe cantwait

garlicbread
25-11-2011, 01:13
Really !! ....

dotty1
25-11-2011, 17:02
Going north for a few days, puerto here we come, all being well. waited on hand and foot hopefully and then the year starts again.

caroletenerife
25-11-2011, 18:54
I shall be in Scotland enjoying a proper Hogmany, a piper at the bells, shortbread, coal, refusing to let the poor blonde person through the door first, a Ceilidh then first footing. Here its just, same old, same old with a few fireworks thrown in. Whatever people are doing ihope you all have a Guid New Year, Slàinte mhor! x

karinagal
25-11-2011, 19:41
I shall be in Scotland enjoying a proper Hogmany, a piper at the bells, shortbread, coal, refusing to let the poor blonde person through the door first, a Ceilidh then first footing. Here its just, same old, same old with a few fireworks thrown in. Whatever people are doing ihope you all have a Guid New Year, Slàinte mhor! x

We're deserting Scotland to spend Hogmanay in the sun! We might venture out with friend or invite friends in. It's hubby's 50th on the 2nd of January and he wants to be in the sunshine..! :D

caroletenerife
25-11-2011, 20:26
We're deserting Scotland to spend Hogmanay in the sun! We might venture out with friend or invite friends in. It's hubby's 50th on the 2nd of January and he wants to be in the sunshine..! :D

haha, well Cumbernauld is a cold place, so I understand the desire to party in the warmth, enjoy your break, I cant wait for a bit of 'weather' as long as its not as bad as that year, got snowed in, in Arbroath for 3 weeks x

Sal
25-11-2011, 20:30
Will be with family, in fancy dress getting ratarsed!

:drinking::cheers2::trink2::drunk2:

Sharonk
25-11-2011, 20:47
We will also spend the day sunbathing then probablyat night we will go up to the strip for a few drinks then down to Druken Duck, Railway, Marquee.

birkdaleboy 07
25-11-2011, 21:06
We will also spend the day sunbathing then probablyat night we will go up to the strip for a few drinks then down to Druken Duck, Railway, Marquee. wahey we might see you then do you go to tenerife every newyear?

Sharonk
25-11-2011, 21:17
Yes we've been for the last 4 years, beats being at home, going home on New Years Day though this year, got to home for work.

birkdaleboy 07
25-11-2011, 21:37
weve been goin to tenerife at newyear for the past 6years its great to be in the sun on newyears day weve just got home from benidorm fiestas on monday as we were checking into the appartments we recognised a woman who also goes in the drunken duck at newyear

Doggy
26-11-2011, 08:59
Cafe Royale in Torviscus with madcap Adrian and his family. Done the same for years. Good night always had by all.

Angusjim
26-11-2011, 09:07
haha, well Cumbernauld is a cold place, so I understand the desire to party in the warmth, enjoy your break, I cant wait for a bit of 'weather' as long as its not as bad as that year, got snowed in, in Arbroath for 3 weeks x

Carole you have my deepest sympathies I would not wish 3 weeks in Arbroath on anyone lol :bootyshake:

Sharonk
26-11-2011, 13:40
Yes it is the same old faces in the drunken duck on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve, we usually sit outside.

penelope pitstop
26-11-2011, 18:41
Alone in a motel room in Beckington, Somerset!

Nic
26-11-2011, 21:04
Like the true Scot that I am......I'll be going to bed on my own long before the bells :(

Frank, my husband, is a musician and is working as he does every Hogmanay and up until three years ago I went with him but now, two babies later, I'll be staying at home! Might share a packet of crisps with the dog and that will be my excitement for the night. Hate to say it though, for me, Hogmanay will never be the same out of Scotland!

blue0901
27-11-2011, 12:53
Been spendig our holidays in L.Cr tenerife for the last 10yrs and spent our first new years eve there last year :] looking forward to doing the same this year and read post as working out what to do?? may seen stupid ? but where is the patch?? drunken duck etc
drunk in so many diffeent bars, but not been here :-/

SianC
27-11-2011, 19:35
First new years in Tenerife, hoping to go to the South for a few days, researching now if any one has any ideas???

birkdaleboy 07
27-11-2011, 20:47
Been spendig our holidays in L.Cr tenerife for the last 10yrs and spent our first new years eve there last year :] looking forward to doing the same this year and read post as working out what to do?? may seen stupid ? but where is the patch?? drunken duck etc
drunk in so many diffeent bars, but not been here :-/The patch is in the centre of las americas right nextdoor to parque santiago2 we love it around there

craftycarder
28-11-2011, 10:10
Yes we would like to go into Las Americas for New Years Eve, but not sure about the taxis for getting back to Golf del Sur.

tonypub
28-11-2011, 10:14
Alone in a motel room in Beckington, Somerset!aww bless ya jay peeps

Ecky Thump
28-11-2011, 10:56
Alone in a motel room in Beckington, Somerset!

I hope you realise that this is not a dating site.:kisshand:

ArnieD
28-11-2011, 15:36
Hello all.

Me and the good lady down on the 30th December for a week staying as ever in the Reveron LC. Perfect spot and decent enough hotel.

We have always booked a restuarant for New Years Eve but really cannot be arsed to do that this year.

So a question for the locals. Will we be able to find somewhere decent to eat on the night? No set time, not really worried.

I know there is hundreds of eating places but will they all get rammed or just wait and see?

Cheers,

Arn :tiphat:

willo-the-wisp
28-11-2011, 20:49
I haven't a clue what we will be doing.:dontknow: We are just so happy to be spending our 35th (New Year's Eve) in Tenerife.:jumping: If anyone has any suggestions about where to go in Los Cristianos for meals entertainment etc., and would we have to book?

Sharonk
28-11-2011, 22:14
My friend stayed in Golf Del Sur last year and got a taxi from Las Americas on New Years Eve, not sure how much she paid. She caught the bus up to Americas.

willo-the-wisp
29-11-2011, 08:26
So a question for the locals. Will we be able to find somewhere decent to eat on the night? No set time, not really worried.

I know there is hundreds of eating places but will they all get rammed or just wait and see?

Cheers,

Thank you Sharon for your kind reply.

I've got the same worries as Arnie, will everywhere be booked solid?:(:(

birkdaleboy 07
29-11-2011, 23:48
Just been 2 put the bins out its blowin a bloodygale n lashing down i cantwait to be sat outside drunk n duck playing sticky13 (about time i bloody won that)

Sharonk
30-11-2011, 17:14
There always seems to be plenty of placws in the spanish restaurants I know you have to book if youre going to the english ones such as Macs Bar, don't know about Cristianos cos we tend to stay near Las Vistas area and usually have a walk round.

Yes it's nice to be sat outside Drunken Drunk when everyones freezing at home, when do you go? we fly out on the 18th.

ArnieD
30-11-2011, 18:51
Thank you Sharon for your kind reply.

I've got the same worries as Arnie, will everywhere be booked solid?:(:(

Not so sure WTW

Reckon we will get in somewhere seeing there is only two of us. As i said im not to bothered but will have a nose about to see what is avalible at the same time will not pay through the nose for it

willo-the-wisp
30-11-2011, 19:49
Not so sure WTW

Reckon we will get in somewhere seeing there is only two of us. As i said I'm not to bothered but will have a nose about to see what is available at the same time will not pay through the nose for it

Like you Arnie we won't pay through the nose either, can't afford to as OAP's, but we are easily pleased and will just take things as they come. Like the old saying goes 'what's for you won't go past you'. :):):) we fly out on the 30th Dec.

birkdaleboy 07
30-11-2011, 20:38
There always seems to be plenty of placws in the spanish restaurants I know you have to book if youre going to the english ones such as Macs Bar, don't know about Cristianos cos we tend to stay near Las Vistas area and usually have a walk round.

Yes it's nice to be sat outside Drunken Drunk when everyones freezing at home, when do you go? we fly out on the 18th.We dont go until 30th weve only just got home from benidorm fiestas so need time 2 get over that 1 hehe mite see you in drunk n duck then

Ecky Thump
16-12-2011, 13:00
Hello all.

Me and the good lady down on the 30th December for a week staying as ever in the Reveron LC. Perfect spot and decent enough hotel.

I don't know why, But for some reason the Reveron Hotel is the one hotel that I would love to be in over the New Year, maybe its because it overlooks the church square and I imagine it at midnight crowded with people wishing each other the best for the new year.

In reality what will it be like at midnight on the 31st?

slodgedad
16-12-2011, 21:12
How will I be spending New Years Eve in Tenerife?......... In a word, working.

Paradise Club (Janices) if you fancy popping in to say hello

AL JAY
16-12-2011, 21:29
I don't know why, But for some reason the Reveron Hotel is the one hotel that I would love to be in over the New Year, maybe its because it overlooks the church square and I imagine it at midnight crowded with people wishing each other the best for the new year.

In reality what will it be like at midnight on the 31st?

The church square is fantastic on new years eve,there are stalls and mobile caterers tapas/beers/vino etc and a 12 piece band play on the steps of the church and the square becomes a dancefloor,we used to wander down there after watching the fireworks over Las Vista's beach after a nice meal at the Slowboat. Then its 2 steps forward and one back to either the Patch or El Mirador strip.

Ecky Thump
16-12-2011, 21:32
The church square is fantastic on new years eve,there are stalls and mobile caterers tapas/beers/vino etc and a 12 piece band play on the steps of the church and the square becomes a dancefloor,we used to wander down there after watching the fireworks over Las Vista's beach after a nice meal at the Slowboat. Then its 2 steps forward and one back to either the Patch or El Mirador strip.

Oh how I wish I was there, but just maybe one New Year.:)

sunspot
16-12-2011, 21:46
I will be in and not drinking,working New years day so no way can i work with a hangover..............i hope theres a party on here

bonitatime
16-12-2011, 22:29
No sure yet. I would guess we will eat at home and after midnight go either to la Caleta or Los Cristianos

blondie
18-12-2011, 20:44
I will be bringing in New Year at home wishing I was in Tenerife !!! Not long now thanks to Uncle Mickey andhis low airfares we will be joining you all 16th Jan, cant come quick enough and its only 6 wks since our last visit.

I_N_Cognito
19-12-2011, 20:51
How Will You Be Spending New Years Eve In Tenerife?

A bit too soon if you go by the Christmas countdown thing!

:crazy:

A.P.&.S.S
20-12-2011, 00:10

This is my plan for New Years Eve, head in to Los Chris about 9.30pm with a squad of friends, nice meal, watch the fireworks, the square etc then into Las Americas Safari end to start with, Prob Magic Bar, Monkey Bar etc etc then who kows where the night will take us!!!

Anyone know whats the chances of a Taxi back to Palm Mar, prob about 6-7am and whats the likely cost?? I heard a horror story last night of someone who paid €74 for a usual €20 fare?!

almendros
27-12-2011, 19:42
As we don't arrive until 31st does anyone know who is on in the Moonlight Bar New Years Eve?

Hope everyone has a great new year wherever they will be (and forget about illegal letting for one night) (but please resume on Jan 1 as I love comments of this ongoing saga !!!)

blue0901
27-12-2011, 20:09
Hi don't come out to Los Crist....till the 30th; can anyone tell me if there will anything specific going on in Shambles or Manhattens, or the irish bar in Fontana square??
thanks in advance x x

Added after 23 minutes:

Forgot to ask, what time does all the fun stalls/band etc happen in the church square NYE??
cheers. have a good one eyeryone:jumping:

anto3
27-12-2011, 21:01
Going to see Seanoct singing in Nancy Spain and then fireworks. walk to the church to see the dancing, then to Irish times which goes on until 4 in the morning

Goforgold
27-12-2011, 21:04
Like the true Scot that I am......I'll be going to bed on my own long before the bells :(

Frank, my husband, is a musician and is working as he does every Hogmanay and up until three years ago I went with him but now, two babies later, I'll be staying at home! Might share a packet of crisps with the dog and that will be my excitement for the night. Hate to say it though, for me, Hogmanay will never be the same out of Scotland!

I know the feeling Nic!! Up until a few years ago my OH was out every New Year's Eve gigging and I would go with him, he even worked every Christmas Day (which was great as we had a 3 course meal thrown in afterwards, so no cooking!). He does 5 weeks panto now so on New Year's Eve I will be in bed early listening to LBC!! :)

henry
27-12-2011, 21:29
for me spending new years with my parents. be nice if i was out with the ladies. one look at me and all the ladies run for their lives. just like the movie jaws.

Jackie
27-12-2011, 21:31
I will probably be spending it with a couple of bottles of wine at home :(

slodgedad
27-12-2011, 23:46

Can't fault that, Jackie..:)

Jackie
28-12-2011, 01:05
Can't fault that, Jackie..:)

the wines good but I can think of better ways to spend NYE lol

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 17:14
I know the feeling Nic!! Up until a few years ago my OH was out every New Year's Eve gigging and I would go with him, he even worked every Christmas Day (which was great as we had a 3 course meal thrown in afterwards, so no cooking!). He does 5 weeks panto now so on New Year's Eve I will be in bed early listening to LBC!! :)

And who is LBC, may I ask?:wink:

Added after 3 minutes:

Methinks you've blown it with Henry!!!!!!!! .........................again!!!!!:eyebrows::eyeb rows::eyebrows:

Jackie
28-12-2011, 17:29
Methinks you've blown it with Henry!!!!!!!! .........................again!!!!!:eyebrows::eyeb rows::eyebrows:

Who are you?...Tony in disguise lol

henry
28-12-2011, 17:40
Who are you?...Tony in disguise lol time to call shedlock homes jackie!!!

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 17:42
Who are you?...Tony in disguise lol

Nope!!!!! just a fan of Henrys:cheeky::wave:

Jackie
28-12-2011, 17:46
Nope!!!!! just a fan of Henrys:cheeky::wave:

so what has being a fan of Henry's got to do with you picking on me?:crying2::cheeky:

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 17:56
And who is LBC, may I ask?:wink:

I'll be in bed with Nick Abbot ;) Have you got a DAB radio?? :)

Jackie
28-12-2011, 17:58

No but he's a DAB hand at picking on ladies ;)

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 18:02
No but he's a DAB hand at picking on ladies ;)

...............:rofl::rofl:

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 18:28
OI!! Henry How are you?

Jackies OH must be very intelligent:)............left her on a volcanic rock............800 miles offshore......brings her food and water every few months. Now thats
what I call gettin DUMPED ha!!ha!! I know a few old boots that I shoulda done this to ..........if I'd of thought of it. Have you seen what she looks like?
Might have curly teeth and straight hair. So be careful what you wish for, Henry.:wave:

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 18:32
Cheeky!!!!

I wish someone would pay for me to stay in the sun !!! ;)

Jackie
28-12-2011, 18:36
OI!! Henry How are you?

Jackies OH must be very intelligent:)............left her on a volcanic rock............800 miles offshore......brings her food and water every few months. Now thats
what I call gettin DUMPED ha!!ha!! I know a few old boots that I shoulda done this to ..........if I'd of thought of it. Have you seen what she looks like?
Might have curly teeth and straight hair. So be careful what you wish for, Henry.:wave:

and do you know what?...it's the best thing he has ever done ;)

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 19:09
Cheeky!!!!

I wish someone would pay for me to stay in the sun !!! ;)

You'll have to have a long talk with OH or maybe crack the whip a bit HA!!HA!!:shy::shy:

Added after 3 minutes:

so what has being a fan of Henry's got to do with you picking on me?:crying2::cheeky:

Its a dirty job but someones got to do it!!:)

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 19:20
You'll have to have a long talk with OH or maybe crack the whip a bit HA!!HA!!:shy::shy:

Knowing my luck OH would be in the sun and I'd be here working to keep him there !! :)

kingbaker
28-12-2011, 19:22

Who's Mick Abbot? Is he from Ireland? And what is a DAB radio? Does it have valves inside it?:duh:

Goforgold
28-12-2011, 19:26
Who's Mick Abbot? Is he from Ireland? And what is a DAB radio? Does it have valves inside it?:duh:

How old are YOU QueenCandlestickmaker !!! Valves!!!?? ;)

henry
28-12-2011, 21:13
OI!! Henry How are you?

i´m doing good!! and no i havn´t meet jackie yet!! but one day i might i might have to hired some bodyguards,f.b.i. to keep jackie from going gaga over my sexy body.. lol she might get lucky to get a shirt from me that she ripeed from me but i pay good money for my f.b.i. and bodyguards.. lol