PDA

View Full Version : Las Chafiras & Llano de Camello apartment owners thread

slodgedad
29-05-2011, 13:12
Just thought I'd give this section a kick start

Margaretta
03-06-2011, 01:32
Well done, Slodgedad! Just back from our holiday and maybe it should be the 'San Miguel' thread? As you know, the area is Las Chafiras, Llano del Camello, Las Zocas, Aldea Blanca, Golf del Sur etc. and........ El Guincho???? We share the Town Hall of San Miguel so maybe we should think about renaming?

Now a mystery, a big mystery!
Driving to Mercadona in Las Chafiras you see the sign for El Guincho. We thought it was the group of very old villas beyond 'Delicias del Teide' and adjacent shops. It was whilst walking down to Golf del Sur (the oleanders are stunning now and the palm trees on the golf course are having a haircut at last!) that we noticed the new road to the right and the sign saying 'El Guincho'. We could see some children playing in a pool in the distance between houses. We decided to investigate.
The road is blocked off beyond a very 'shut' double gate on the left. There are a very large number of orange and green houses which look deserted and yet finished.....no entrance.
Another day we drove up from Amarilla Golf.....no way of entering and a barranco in the way. What is this mystery place with no access??????

Hubby likes walking and thought it a great idea to walk from Llano del Camello to San Blas one boiling hot morning on the main road to Los Abrigos for a change!!!after the kamikaze crossing of the Chafiras roundabouts. So glad I had a hat and water! It was frightening at times because the lorries rumble uphill, no pavement and you jump into the gunnels? channels? for non-existent water as the monsters pass within a whisker.
Although I felt like throwing rocks, large ones, at hubby, it really was worth the effort for the spectacular views to the mountains, El Medano and the amazing lunar landscape of the barrancos on either side. I took lots of photos of rock formations and of the many rock plants in bloom but can't seem to upload any of my own photos on the Forum: URL????? required!!
The Dorada in San Blas was very welcome and hubby survived.

Margaretta
09-06-2011, 00:04
275276277 I think I can now upload some photos now that Forum members have helped me.

Does anyone know what is being built by the padle court in Llano del Camello?

Someone put notices on trees to say that dogs should not foul the pavements. It was a little better so 'thank you'.

mossy
09-06-2011, 11:59
What's it like living in Llano del Camello?

Skeggy
09-06-2011, 12:11
Well done, Slodgedad! Just back from our holiday and maybe it should be the 'San Miguel' thread? As you know, the area is Las Chafiras, Llano del Camello, Las Zocas, Aldea Blanca, Golf del Sur etc. and........ El Guincho???? We share the Town Hall of San Miguel so maybe we should think about renaming?

Now a mystery, a big mystery!
Driving to Mercadona in Las Chafiras you see the sign for El Guincho. We thought it was the group of very old villas beyond 'Delicias del Teide' and adjacent shops. It was whilst walking down to Golf del Sur (the oleanders are stunning now and the palm trees on the golf course are having a haircut at last!) that we noticed the new road to the right and the sign saying 'El Guincho'. We could see some children playing in a pool in the distance between houses. We decided to investigate.
The road is blocked off beyond a very 'shut' double gate on the left. There are a very large number of orange and green houses which look deserted and yet finished.....no entrance.
Another day we drove up from Amarilla Golf.....no way of entering and a barranco in the way. What is this mystery place with no access??????

Hubby likes walking and thought it a great idea to walk from Llano del Camello to San Blas one boiling hot morning on the main road to Los Abrigos for a change!!!after the kamikaze crossing of the Chafiras roundabouts. So glad I had a hat and water! It was frightening at times because the lorries rumble uphill, no pavement and you jump into the gunnels? channels? for non-existent water as the monsters pass within a whisker.
Although I felt like throwing rocks, large ones, at hubby, it really was worth the effort for the spectacular views to the mountains, El Medano and the amazing lunar landscape of the barrancos on either side. I took lots of photos of rock formations and of the many rock plants in bloom but can't seem to upload any of my own photos on the Forum: URL????? required!!
The Dorada in San Blas was very welcome and hubby survived.

Travelling on the bus from Silencio the 470 to the Mercadona the stop indicator says El Guincho?

Margaretta
10-06-2011, 01:44
The mystery of El Guincho was eloquently answered on the El Barranco, Amarilla Golf thread. Interesting that the bus acknowledges its whereabouts, Skeggy!

Well Mossy, what a HUGE question!! It really depends on yourself whether you would be happy there or not. It depends too whether you are familiar with Tenerife, hope to be a resident or holiday-maker. If you have a family there is a playschool and a new High School being built.

The area is attractive and has a mixture of swallows, owner/ visitors, residents and holiday-makers of many nationalities who seem on the whole to get along very well by doing their own thing.
It's a place for the serious dweller who is happy to commute by car, bus or taxi or 'shank's pony' i.e to walk.
It's an imaginative development with its own cultural centre and church. There are now some mini-markets, a gym, a tile shop, a butcher and a hairdresser. It is only 10-15 mins from the airport but you don't really hear the planes as the hills block any sound. Besides the gym there is a padle court and the long avenue where people keep fit through walking and jogging together or with their ipods.
On our side of the motorway we have Lidl, Alteser, two frozen food places and Cafe Tolcan (good breakfast!) At the top of the development is the interesting road to San Miguel. A lot of things are unfinished e.g. the supermarket, Avenida planting and the park, but I'm sure the building of these will one day continue and be completed as they have good foundations already.
We have our own fiesta now too....in November I think.
We've not met anyone who doesn't like their apartment/ town house as they all seem to be well-built. Lots of dog-walkers in the area and miles of unplanted terraces across the San Miguel road to walk the dogs. It's a community which is developing and thriving well. Even the ice-cream man and the knife-grinder come to us so we are well established.
All (we) need is a bar with Sky TV for British Sport in the middle of the estate.
Happy there, love watching it grow and easy to get elsewhere. (Non-resident but owner who spends several weeks per year there.)

Margaretta
15-06-2011, 00:43
Well, where is everybody????
I was looking forward to an update on the Avenida. Have they removed the cones yet to make a separate entry and exit?
Is any planting happening?
Is there any clue as to what is being built by the padle court?
Who do we ask if we want the dustbins moved to the rough area over the road rather than our side?
Is there anybody there?:confused::jumping::cry:

blue marlin
15-06-2011, 09:12
Sad that i cant contribute to this thread any more :cry: oh how i wish things had turned out different

Markles
22-06-2011, 23:57
275276277 I think I can now upload some photos now that Forum members have helped me.

Does anyone know what is being built by the padle court in Llano del Camello?

Someone put notices on trees to say that dogs should not foul the pavements. It was a little better so 'thank you'.

believe the building work is a skool

my dog is only 12 weeks old and is having trouble reading the signs, good job we take a bag to pick up his mess

Margaretta
23-06-2011, 00:26
Haha! Markles. maybe your dog needs to go to school?? :spin::reading:;) I have seen one or two Canarian residents using a 'bag' for their dog mess. This wasn't so a couple of years ago but sadly a lot of people still let their dogs roam.

I thought the school was at the 'Los Cristianos end' of Llano del Camello??? Is another one being built by the padle court? Something else is happening near the church and cultural centre?? Have the cones been moved at the entrance to the estate?

Margaretta
12-07-2011, 17:28
Well we've just had a lovely, unplanned week in our apartment and it was so unbelievably hot that we could only sit on the balcony early morning and evening. Does anyone know about awnings? Presumably we must buy one to match the complex but no-one else seems to have one as many have ready-built balconies.

The pools were lovely and hot as baths but being issued with just one pool key is causing a lot of angst for everyone although the key system is a great idea. We are all scared of leaving a key behind or losing it but although we explored every avenue inquiring in all sorts of places and offered to buy another from the surgestion it is impossible apparently.

I suppose there won't be any more planting on the Avenida which is a pity; it is used for recreation and exercise by so very many. The ground is probably too hard to plant anyway during the summer. There was some activity at the Dorada warehouse end which could have been water pipes but those red and white cones are still there as is the abandoned white car....

Hearing lots of good things about the butcher's meat below El Faro. There is now a tile shop. Yes we have a bar at cafe Tolcan by the motorway but walking back up that hill after a night out is .....breathless agony.

The great white elephant/abandoned superstore has silver wrapping: fencing. Maybe they will wrap up all the areas which are unsold eyesores. This is bittersweet because although it looks pristine at the moment the Golf del Sur fencing is browned by dusty sand and some panels blown in by the wind.

Are you out there Blue Marlin (so many nice memories too!) Tilly, DDoyle (how's news about your move?) Heffalumpy. Have a lovely Summer Slodgedad, Woolli, Mossy, (did you move?) and Markles.

Please keep us posted with any news. Thank you.

slodgedad
12-07-2011, 19:59
The butchers at El Faro is superb.

It seems quite dear on first look but the meat is so well trimmed that the price is comparable with supermarkets.

For example; If you normally need 300 grams 200 will do.

tfsphase2
17-07-2011, 16:09
Hi Everybody...Tfsphase2 is back in the forum
We will be in Tenerife for 5 weeks at the end of July and looking forward so much!!!
Has anybody tried the spit roast chicken from the new shop near Super Verduras?
Looking forward to fillet steak and pepper corn sauce with a bottle of red penagudo wine ffom Tapas restaurant in San Blas.

Tilly
04-08-2011, 23:31
Hi Margaretta
I'm still here, keep checking in now and again, we had a lovely few days on our own in Tenerife in May, it was lovely and hot, just how I like it!! but no plans at moment to return, unless I can get cheap flights for the October half term. Going camping in France next week so that should be fun. I do keep checking up on how things are over there, just don't get over as often as we used to, what with the recession and everything.
Tilly
:wave:

Margaretta
06-08-2011, 10:22
Hi Tilly! Hope that you are having a fabulous holiday in France! The only advantage of being retired is that you have many more options on those cheap, 'out of school holiday' flights! But it does mean that we don't see many other people when we are in Tenerife and miss the 'buzz'.

TFSPhase2 will be trying the new spit-roast for us all and I'm sure they'll report back in September. In the meantime is anything exciting happening in Llano del Camello? Have they opened the roadway yet or are the cones still there??

woolli
06-08-2011, 10:39
Hi Marg, yes, the cones are still there! Absolutely no idea why? Perhaps they need planning permission to move them lol! Nothing really to report, other than that it is very, very hot!

Margaretta
20-08-2011, 14:57
Hi y'all! Heaven help Llano del Camello as our daughter is arriving this coming week! The local cabs will be relocating and the smell of perfume and suncream will pervade the air! Mornings will not be an option and Siam Park and Clubland will shake in anticipation!!! Poor Mum and Dad are coming out for their holiday two days after the young ladies return and I daresay we'll be scraping the nail varnish off the leather sofas, cleaning black sand from the bidets and picking up bits from glittery sandals for the whole month! I am not lending her my camera ever again....she must put the suncream on her own lens, sunglasses and ipod. Oh, the joys of Motherhood!!!
Actually she has been working really hard and deserves a great time so I'm hoping the weather holds. Don't mind at all if the weather breaks when we arrive as I love the storms over the mountain and a really rough sea....to LOOK at!
Oh Woolli, shall we be daring, move the cones and redirect the traffic? :idea:
Doubtless the middle of the Avenida is so parched that planting cannot possibly continue? Was the silver wrapping around the unfinished supermarket completed?
So....it seems there is a new children's store near Lidl? So why didn't AlCampo or Carrefour take over the supermarket? Maybe they are waiting to see if the toy store is a success? Has anyone tried El Campesino up the road towards Aldea Blanca? There is guitar playing on Friday and Saturday night I think. So sorry about your pool closure DDoyle. I do hope the matter is resolved soon. Come and see what ours is like.....at least I hope it's OK and haven't heard anything untoward yet.
Tilly, did you get those Cheapflights? A great place to spend October!!
Two weeks to go....can't wait!

Margaretta
24-08-2011, 18:24
Apparently DDoyle your pool may not be closed. It a problem with some untreated water running into the cascade and the jacuzzi. it is probably being sorted so things may not be as bad!

Daughter and friends have hit the town until 05:00a.m. this morning!

bonitatime
26-08-2011, 15:02
Neither Alcampo nor Carrefour can get a license in the south. Lidl spent more than 10 years applying for papers to open on the islands.

Margaretta
28-08-2011, 17:58
Hi Bonitatime and thank you for the info.
That's interesting because when it was started even the taxi-drivers were saying that our now unfinished supermarket block was to be taken by the Carrefour or that Mercadona was going to move from the other side of the motorway. That was about three years ago. We would have been happy with a bar, a restaurant and a Spar!! There is nothing at our end of Llano del Camello. I wonder who paid for the 'silver wrapping' around the site???

Margaretta
02-10-2011, 00:48
Well just back after a month and Wow! What a scorcher!!!
It's strange that clothes don't dry very quickly on the clotheshorse on the balcony despite the heat; I suppose it's the humidity.

Great excitement! After eight months the planting began on the next section of the long avenue. Then it stopped. I suppose it will be done over a very long period of time as the Council can afford it. If only they would finish as it will be a very attractive feature of the estate.

Similarly the school building had stopped but my husband saw a lot of people with clipboards gathering there on Friday.

There now seems to be a five-a-side playground/ pitch and more building happening around the padle court. The church seems to be well attended but I didn't see a notice board to let people know about the service times.

Lidl keep putting pamphlets in the mailbox but if you go there to buy a specific item it has sold out or may not have been there in the first place? The store is thriving and has a big meat and fish counter but I'm more a fan of the other supermarkets around.

Flies.....rarely noticed before but they seemed to increase and multiply as we ate meals outside and the more you send them away, use citronella candles or spray them in desperation, they keep coming back....and tickle!!!!

Cafe Tolcan is brill and their Menu del Dia is splendid value for money. It attracts some extraordinary characters if, like me, you like people-watching!!! Nice plants and bars....uncomplicated and caring. We had a very unusual surprise at the end of our meal: caramel vodka!!! I downed it in one but would have preferred it on ice cream!!!

The ice cream man is expensive but comes at around 4 o'clock in the afternoons and the ice cream is lovely. BUT we were really cheesed off with 'Yankee Doodle'....there must be another tune! We were getting so desperate that even the dreadful Birdie Song would have.......

Hunters...on the hills every Sunday, sometimes Saturdays and public holidays. They start firing at around 8.30a.m. Glad that some customs are kept but can't they have a lie-in sometimes? Poor little rabbits. It was quite sinister when they appeared on the brow of our hill a week ago with guns and staves. They stood like guanche warriors for a very long time. Everything echoes from a great distance and one was being really cruel to his dog and then shouted abominably when the terrified animal ran away. Sickening.

We didn't see or hear the knife-grinder; part of the local character.

Still the rubbish collection is a remarkable service but the bins seem hardly large enough for the many recycled items and these tend to be dumped on the pavement.

Sad that the San Miguel Council website is now less informative. Wish we had made it to the fireworks and for the Romeria. Did anyone go? El Aljibe Art gallery was closed again!!!! We enjoyed the Blessing of the Boats in Los Abrigos.

I now love Nestea....mango y pina; looks like you are drinking rum and coke but it's not alcoholic. Delicious.

Where are you DDoyle? The camel dance is due in December!!!!

ddoyle
02-10-2011, 09:41
Hi Margeretta,
We leave next Saturday by Ferry from Ireland to Cherbourg, then on to Huelva to catch the Ferry to Santa Cruz, have had a dreadful year health wise but things are on the up at last. Will keep a look out for you at Christmas.:hi:

Margaretta
03-10-2011, 00:49
Wow! The big move at last and glad to know that you are both well enough to take the trip. Have a very safe and comfortable journey and when you have settled in do tell us all about your adventures here.

All good wishes and 'cheers for the Camel Dance!!'

Leam_Lin
03-10-2011, 09:13
Margaretta, here in England Aldi & Lidl are very similiar, if a special offer is advertised it normally sells out on the first day.

DVD players in our local store went in the first 20 minutes all 55. of them.

Margaretta
03-10-2011, 10:45
Ah! now I understand, Leam-Lin! We live in the UK but not near Aldi or Lidl.....I have been in though but find them oddly depressing and can't explain why?????

I did wonder after I typed whether I had misread the pamphlet and they did mail order; people must chase off to Lidl and Aldi as soon as they get the leaflets or perhaps the postperson buys a job lot quickly before he delivers them??

Skeggy
03-10-2011, 12:08
Ah! now I understand, Leam-Lin! We live in the UK but not near Aldi or Lidl.....I have been in though but find them oddly depressing and can't explain why?????

I did wonder after I typed whether I had misread the pamphlet and they did mail order; people must chase off to Lidl and Aldi as soon as they get the leaflets or perhaps the postperson buys a job lot quickly before he delivers them??

Perhaps not the Post Person, but plenty of others, in our seaside town caterers seem to use them in preference to wholesalers which is testament to them being very reasonable. Although I do not suggest in your case I do believe that there is a snob element in a lot of peoples objection to Lidl, which we don't mind as we use them a lot.

Margaretta
03-10-2011, 12:32
Hi Skeggy!
Yes, I can understand why wholesalers would dive in and no personal accusations towards postpeople....my Dad was a postman!
The 'snob' element is certainly not an issue with us...we love the Lidl chocolate pots and the bacon and other bargains are really good. I just feel cheery and light-hearted in Mercadona and depressed in Lidl.....can't explain it at all!! Querky!

ddoyle
03-10-2011, 15:58
You can sign up with Aldi and Lidil for their newsletter and it will be emaild to you each week in advance of the offers coming out. I have to agree with you re, the slightly depressing feeling you get while walking around Lidil, funnily enough never got that feeling in Aldi.

Margaretta
03-10-2011, 19:36
Glad you said that DDoyle and thanks for the info.
Off-topic but did you see the beautiful Irish paintings on DD's Real Deal today? A man bought them for £35 in the seventies and they went for about £12,000 in the auction. Maybe a bargain today in Lidl would........??????

ddoyle
03-10-2011, 21:58
We felt really nervous about sending our Ted Jones prints off with the courier the other day, just hope they arrive without damage.
I don't know what DDs real deal is ? thinking about Lidl today is it the low ceiling that give it that slightly depressing air, all Lidl stores are built to a formula they even bring in the builders from Germany to build all their stores.

Margaretta
04-10-2011, 00:50
You could be right about the ceilings.
Hope all your items arrive OK.
David Dickinson is a rather flashy antiques dealer who introduces a TV programme where people take their antiques to bargain with dealers or sell at auction. It's called 'Dickinson's Real Deal'.

slodgedad
04-10-2011, 01:12
You could be right about the ceilings.
Hope all your items arrive OK.
David Dickinson is a rather flashy antiques dealer who introduces a TV programme where people take their antiques to bargain with dealers or sell at auction. It's called 'Dickinson's Real Deal'.

When you watch it try not to feel the urge to change your colour settings..He is naturally orangey brown,,,,,:eyebrows:

Margaretta
11-10-2011, 20:00
News that work on the school has been resumed....hurrah! This should be a big boost for the area.

How is the planting in the Avenida? The holes and water pipes are there but perhaps it's too hot to plant????? Longing for some updates!:hi:

slodgedad
11-10-2011, 20:56
News that work on the school has been resumed....hurrah! This should be a big boost for the area.

How is the planting in the Avenida? The holes and water pipes are there but perhaps it's too hot to plant????? Longing for some updates!:hi:

It's been in the high 30s today but they have been out weeding and trimming.

No more planting being done, as yet, but looking a lot tidier day by day

Tilly
21-10-2011, 14:04
Hello Margaretta
We didn't get flights out in October, silly prices for half term!! but we are flying over in November for a few days, taking boys out of school for 3 days, naughty I know but we've got flights for 5 of us for £468 return, to come out in October would have been about £1200 +!!!!! We are really looking forward to some sunshine, I hope it will still be warm. It's not too bad here in Buxton at present, just cold.
It's great reading your posts, keeps us up to date with whats happening in the area. :)

Margaretta
27-10-2011, 21:03
Hi Tilly!
The half term fares are disgraceful and what a way to make money! I don't blame you at all for taking the boys in November and personally I've always felt that a holiday abroad and all the experiences that go with it are fantastic aids to education for any child or young person.
See you there! x

slodgedad
31-10-2011, 16:22
Finally finished the dual carriage way out side the Dorada factory.

The new section of road above it has finally been marked and opened and the Dorada side is now exit only.

Margaretta
03-11-2011, 16:10
Thank you Slodgie!
At last it's open....taken 10 months to move the cones and mark. Any news on the planting of the Avenida??? How is the silver wrapping around the hoped-for superstore? Any news of what is happening by the padle courts???? Love seeing the progress albeit very slow..... but the council does try....
Hope that the school is still on its way. This may generate more work in the area.

slodgedad
03-11-2011, 17:23
No progress lately apart from the road. It's a lot better but believe it or not there was a crash in the new entrance within 24 hours.

No one hurt but 2 very poorly cars. 2 Guardia vans in attendance and the entrance restricted for an hour..Duh

Margaretta
27-12-2011, 22:15
For those of you who are in the area for New Year and Christmas 5th and 6th, have a marvellous time. On our last visit November to December there seemed to be a real optimism in that new places were opening by El Kilo across the road, the fiesta was better attended and had quite a big firework display, machinery was digging by the padle courts and the High School was being built and growing very quickly. I think San Miguel Town Council try very hard to use what little money they have to carry out improvements. How I wish I could drive a bulldozer on the rough areas which haven't been sold and turn them into dog-walking parks. So much flora is growing all around only paths would be required and the rubbish removed or turned into sculptures to make the areas more attractive. OK I'm dreaming on.......Happy New Year to All.

mary
30-12-2011, 17:38
Hi All,
Many thanks for the updates on what's going on there! It sounds busy with improvements. Could anyone tell me anything specifically about El Faro, Jardin San Miguel IV? For example, is it possible to rent/let apartments for holiday or is it just long term? I know there is a lot of things going on and theoretically tightening up with the whole holiday letting situation, but wondered how El Faro is affected. And if it is possible to just rent for a week, I might be interested.
Many thanks!

mary
31-12-2011, 13:10
Hi there,
Does anyone on the forum live at El Faro, Jardin San Miguel or holiday there?
Thanks!

Margaretta
03-01-2012, 23:53
Mary, we have a contact there but I don't know their contact numbers. I shall get back to you in a couple of weeks when I may have seen them and ask them to contact you via the Forum...unless someone else is in touch in between. Best wishes for the New Year!

mary
03-01-2012, 23:58
Many thanks Margaretta,
That really is very kind of you. Yes, I would like to get in contact with anyone from El Faro.
Happy New Year to all.

Margaretta
27-01-2012, 20:54
Hi Mary and fellow Camellonians!

Well we have been here for two and a half weeks now and have had two lots of overlapping visitors.Usually we take friends on day visits all over the island. Due this time to both groups having health and diet problems it is harder to entertain people from the moment you get up until you go to sleep if they don't want to leave the apartment but just read, watch TV, use their Ipad, Nintendos or sit on the balcony and eat only certain English foods. I suppose my hubby and I will be frail one day but at the moment we love to go out and explore villages, walk by the sea, try a new bar or cafe and chat to lots of people. Thank goodness for San Blas because we did get them out in the evening for the entertainment there and bars and we could taxi home easily. Think I'll become teetotal....there is only so much liquid I can take! We love our friends but dealing with delicate appetites and endless cooking is very challenging. A very few days to chill now. Hubby is brill as he walks down each morning from Llano del Camello to collect the car from San Blas and enjoys the exercise and freedom.
Well, our particular complex is having fencing around the pool but it is at the edge of peoples' patios and obscured by the gardens around the pool. It will probably annoy those on the pool level as they have to enter via the nearest gate but it is fairer to those of us above who have to do that anyway.
Big news today! There are bulldozers in the park!!!!! In the last few days some green plastic lining has been attached to the railings and now the workmen are digging purposefully....long may that continue.......and be completed!! The young people so need their promised park.
In fact there is a lot of digging going on on different 'parcelas' and some holes are getting deep enough to reach the magma. We constantly speculate especially the area near the padle courts. One driller hammering away at the rocks there. The school is also progressing well. Hopefully wildlife will not be affected; so many birds around...tiny colourful ones in the trees, the birds of prey (like colourful kestrels) come and hover each lunchtime and we saw a pair of egrets fly by two days running. At the moment it is sooooooo cold in the eveniings, coats and jeans weather; where are the lizards keeping warm?
We tried Los Braseros, our new local restaurant. Great value for money but service so quick and so much food (said 'yes' to everything....BIG mistake!) that we were really uncomfortable afterwards, especially after walking back home uphill. The trick is to only have salad or vegetables and have one piece of meat from each skewer AND to slow down the whole procedure!!! We were out within one and a half hours. We know now to ask the waiters to return after longer breaks between heaps of meat. We were totally stuffed by the time the steak came so haven't tried it but were offered options on how it should be cooked. The black sausage was to die for!!! Cheery service. Don't sit near the draughty doors. Would be very happy to go again at a slower pace.
The second-hand shop is fascinating (with the bizarre model outside down the hill). Better set out than most and cleaner, also the newish Chinese shop up the hill from the second-hand shop on the left. Rocasa is pleasant....like a household BHS. The new cooked chicken shop has wonderful bread from different local bakers. Haven't tried the chicken yet but it looks and smells great! I love browsing in Las Chafiras. There have been lots of works and improved paved access to the bus stops below the roundabouts but what about the basic problem of we Camellonians crossing the main road safely. It's as terrifying as ever!! Weeding but no further planting on the central Avenida.
Happy carnival everyone! Gutted that we are missing it again but definitely next year. Loads of costumes in the Chinese shop......

Margaretta
31-01-2012, 01:09
Amazing! lots of clearing and flattening in the park area by TWO bulldozers! maybe....just maybe..... the park will be created. We have waited 6/7 years.
The areas of the avenida are being weeded around the trees. The work would be so much less if the volcanic gravel were placed there as at the Dorada warehouse end. So many people exercise here but I suppose it's all down to the money and the council are doing their best. A bit off track but two areas of building going on by La Tejita beach. Shopping centre? Homes? All the foundations are intact for our Llano del Camello shopping centre but no-one to complete the job. What a boost it would be to our community!

Peterrayner
31-01-2012, 10:26
Love reading your updates Margaretta :) Keep it up.

mary
31-01-2012, 11:55
absolutely fantastic to hear about all the work going - I am really thrilled it is all coming together.

Any idea how much a taxi is from the airport to Jardin San Miguel.
Thanks!

Margaretta
01-02-2012, 00:30
Mary, when we last took a taxi from the airport to Llano del Camello it was about 10 euros but that was three years ago. Sorry, we had friends staying with us nearly all this holiday so I didn't find out anything about El Faro; hopefully next time, which is quite soon. Maybe someone here can help?

Peter, thank you, but your seven? years of advice and updates about your experience of buying on Dinastia have been the greatest help and hope for those of us who bought there and on other complexes after you. Knowing your wisdom was at the ready for all of our queries, encouraged us to continue with the buying process when it became so difficult and frustrating. Much of the camaraderie of the Tenerife Forum started when many complexes were being built and there was so much to learn and comparisons could be made and experiences shared. Sadly, less building is now occurring due to the recession. Perhaps there is less to discuss, but I think it is good to celebrate what is being done and I honestly think that the Councils are doing as much as they can in their areas of difficult terrain and rationed finances to make the island as attractive as possible. Positive bonds make a happy Forum and Forum friends.

slodgedad
01-02-2012, 20:38
Wagons have been in and out of the 'park' all day shifting rubble. Lost count of how many.

Looking promising..:pray:

Margaretta
03-02-2012, 10:54
Anything new SlodgeDad? They were clearing weeds on the Avenida on Tuesday so is there any planting? Excited about the park. Please tell us work is continuing.....
Hope you and the family are well.xx

slodgedad
03-02-2012, 14:35
Anything new SlodgeDad? They were clearing weeds on the Avenida on Tuesday so is there any planting? Excited about the park. Please tell us work is continuing.....
Hope you and the family are well.xx

Families fine,thanks. Yes the work still on going. They are still clearing weeds and rubbish on the Avenida but I haven't seen any new planting yet.

It looks like the park is finally going to be completed, judging by the amount of rubble that's been shifted and the reshaping of the ground. Fingers crossed....

ddoyle
04-02-2012, 19:02
The hole in the Park is getting very large, I have been told that the reason is that the council is selling the rock which is being excaveted as there is a shortage of rubble for hard core on the Island very disappointing if true as we were hoping to see the park finally finished.

Margaretta
05-02-2012, 15:33
Why on earth (excuse pun) would they pick on our park? There is a huge quarry which has almost destroyed the hill on the way to Las Zocas and another behind Montana Chimbesque. Huge holes are being drilled near the padle court and on other parcelas but we understood they were for building foundations.Why would they make a deep hole in the middle of a housing estate? We could all tumble in!! The logic is beyond comprehension!
I think a little chat in San Miguel Town Hall Planning office is due...
David, will p.m. you to say 'Hello'.

ddoyle
05-02-2012, 18:59
Sad to say our little park is beginning to look like an open cast mine the digging is relentless at the moment, I just wonder what they are going to refill it with when they have extracted all the rock?.

Margaretta
05-02-2012, 21:16
Got it! Sunken gardens with waterfalls, pathways, ponds, skateboard area, mini-zoo.

Our balcony has the mountain view but the area below us, the rough area, had a large rusty oilcan and some old paintcans in our eyeline. One day I climbed through the fence, trudged over rocks and prickly pears and rolled the offending metal into a dip wearing a pair of ovengloves.:whistle:

Sounds like the mad old woman with the social conscience but our view is now much improved!!!:spin:

slodgedad
07-02-2012, 15:15

The park. Definitely getting on with it, there were 3 trucks waitng at once this morning.

You can see by the picis how deep the hole is, cos you can hardly see the digger.

Margaretta
07-02-2012, 17:49
Thanks so much for the photos Slodgedad. Perhaps all the children are being put down into the hole?...With their skateboards of course!!:idea::wink::wink:

Only joking of course, but it does seem rather odd to have such a deep hole in a childrens' park??!

slodgedad
07-02-2012, 20:59
It's getting deeper, goodness knows why.

At tea time the hole was so deep that when the JCB went in to shift the rubble it disappeared from sight.

Keep expecting to see coal coming up...:spin:

slodgedad
08-02-2012, 20:25
6 wagons in the park at 8 this morning and they have been back and forth all day. Continual loading til dark.

The digger has now completely disappeared when it goes into the hole.

Will try to get some better photos tomorrow.

ddoyle
08-02-2012, 20:53
I saw the lorrys this morning at 7:30 from my balcony, the digging continues from 8 am till around 7 pm. every day. The open cast mine is getting bigger and bigger.

bonitatime
08-02-2012, 21:40
Why don't one of you phone the town hall and ask what they are doing?

Margaretta
08-02-2012, 22:15
Thanks to DDoyle and Slodgedad. I have emailed our Spanish neighbour hoping that she knows. Agree Bonitatime. I did mention visiting the Town hall planning Dept. in an earlier post but am not there to do it for a couple of weeks. Maybe someone could ask the workmen? Meanwhile the speculation is great fun! Hope it will ultimately be a good thing.....

ddoyle
08-02-2012, 22:50
At the rate they are going you will be able to base jump into the hole soon. I said earlier that I was informed that the Council were extracting the rock to sell it as there is a shortage of hard core on the Island there could be no other reason to dig such a deep hole it's not even a hole more like an open cast mine now. The lorrys are lined up outside the park every morning and are drawing loads all day every day.

slodgedad
09-02-2012, 00:06
I'm not particularly bothered about what and why or talking to the workmen, I'm just happy that it is a work in progress.

In the past 5 years all that has been done in the 'park' is scrape up the undergrowth.

Margaretta
09-02-2012, 21:13
Sensing the frustration here.
Perhaps they are burying redundant diggers?;)

It may be the skateboard park will have really big highs and lows?

slodgedad
10-02-2012, 01:34
The hole seems to be taking shape. It has been rounded today as though for purpose.

Wagons have been back and forth again all day shifting rubble. It´s difficult to get near in the daylight but I´ll try to get some up to date piccies when I can get near.

slodgedad
12-02-2012, 12:40
Some more piccies

Margaretta
13-02-2012, 13:52
Well Slodgedad, it looks as though the skateboard park is going to be built. Thank you so much for the progress photos.
When we were there recently we sat enjoying the view from the cultural centre playground and some dads brought a number of children there to play on the apparatus. So the park will be a huge, attractive bonus to the area. Great for the children annd ppleasant for the parents.

slodgedad
28-02-2012, 14:35
THE HOLE Latest piccies,

Margaretta
29-02-2012, 19:11
That is extraordinary. I wonder......
Thanks Slodgedad. This is really firing the imagination!

slodgedad
29-02-2012, 19:56
It's even bigger and deeper today now that they are 'Dug In'

It's nearly an eighth of the park now...

Margaretta
29-02-2012, 20:10
Water Feature? Arena? Sunken Garden?

slodgedad
29-02-2012, 21:32
Water Feature? Arena? Sunken Garden?

Doubt it but it's gonna be one hell of a skate park. I wish the photos did it justice, it's massive.

Having said that, there will be a lot of replaced materials when the designer takes control

Margaretta
21-03-2012, 23:39
Crikey! The hole is deep enough to create a lake!!
Just one hopeful thought: travelling down to El Medano there is a very deep football pitch on the right. Do the council think it necessary to sink the skateboard park? Is it the foundations of another complex? Very, very sorry for all those suffering all day drilling and the rumble of trucks carrying away the gravel. As for the dust......

Markles
22-03-2012, 17:36
Everything indoors has a coating of **** n dust, the clock on our wall rattles all the time the pecker is working, just waiting for the first person to be hurt over there as its fairly unprotected in the dark hours. Notice nice hairline crack in bedroom that wasnt there prevously. Great brought a place next to a quarry. I pressume these people are actually supposed to be there wrecking the place?

Peterrayner
22-03-2012, 21:29
Apparently the police have turned up ans sealed the site off and posted a decree mnotive BOC 2012-776

Estás en:
InicioArchivoAño 20122012/032. Miércoles 15 de Febrero de 2012776AnteriorSiguienteBOC Nº 032. Miércoles 15 de Febrero de 2012 - 776

http://www.gobcan.es/boc/2012/032/019.html

Margaretta
22-03-2012, 21:43
Thank you Peter. Please can you give a gist of what the document is saying? Was it a legal dig? Is it postponed or just stopped. What really has been happening? It is awful for those facing it. The park was owned by CTCOP but we understood that the bank had taken over the property in the area that they did not sell or finish. The original complexes were built on the understanding that a park would also be constructed. Very dangerous if it is just abandoned. It's a huge hole right next to living accommodation.
Sorry. Tried to understand but not enough technical knowledge to make sense of the document.

Markles
23-03-2012, 00:49
doc translated...looks well dodgy!
Tried, without they have been possible to practice, the notifications of denunciation and work order of date 21 of December of 2011, registered under numbers 697398 and 697412, in the obrantes addresses in the mentioned file, are come, according to the established thing in articles 59,4 and 61 of Law 30/1992, of 26 of November, Legal Regime of the Public Administrations and the Common Administrative Procedure, modified by Law 4/1999, of 13 of January, and by means of the publication of the present announcement, to put in knowledge of the legal representative of Canary Sairad Investments, LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY. and of D. Manuel Cornejo the Garci'as, who will be able to appear, in the term of ten days following to the publication, in this Canary Institute of the House, situated in the street Carlos J.R. Hamilton, 16, Daida Building, 1ª plant, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, to have complete knowledge of the mentioned notification of work order. Santa Cruz de Tenerife, to 18 of January of 2012. - The Director, Fregel Hieronymite Perez.

Added after 2 minutes:

776 Canary Institute of the House. - Announcement by which the Resolution becomes public of 18 of January of 2012, of the Director, on notification of order P-38/11 work to Canary Sairad Investments, LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY. and to D. Manuel Cornejo Garci'a.

slodgedad
23-03-2012, 01:11
I saw the police car drive onto the site this afternoon and within minutes work had stopped.

Digger and JCB have not moved since, which is odd as they normally block the entrance, at the end of work, to stop anyone entering with a vehicle.

Both machines have been left in the same position as when the old bill turned up.

Very strange.

Peterrayner
23-03-2012, 05:34
Thank you Peter. Please can you give a gist of what the document is saying? Was it a legal dig? Is it postponed or just stopped. What really has been happening? It is awful for those facing it. The park was owned by CTCOP but we understood that the bank had taken over the property in the area that they did not sell or finish. The original complexes were built on the understanding that a park would also be constructed. Very dangerous if it is just abandoned. It's a huge hole right next to living accommodation.
Sorry. Tried to understand but not enough technical knowledge to make sense of the document.

Not sure ??? Potdog posted the info on the other forum and asked for a link to the Boletin ref 776 which I provided.

I jus passed on the info here thinking you all would be interested.

slodgedad
23-03-2012, 06:01
Not sure ??? Potdog posted the info on the other forum and asked for a link to the Boletin ref 776 which I provided.

I jus passed on the info here thinking you all would be interested.

Potdog is my next door neighbour. I'll have to ask him tomorrow.

Margaretta
26-03-2012, 10:06
I wonder which is worse? A big, noisy, dusty dig or a big, wide, deep, rocky hole?
Please keep us updated with any developments....or abandonments!

slodgedad
26-03-2012, 14:42
I wonder which is worse? A big, noisy, dusty dig or a big, wide, deep, rocky hole?
Please keep us updated with any developments....or abandonments!

Since the police stopped them working the machines have not moved, unfortunately as the work has stopped the water squirter has also stopped.

The dust from the recently dumped earth is horrendous.

Markles
27-03-2012, 20:52
it would appear the park is no more with entrances now been sealed up!

slodgedad
27-03-2012, 20:56
The police arrived today with a low loader and removed the 2 machines.

They have also blocked the entrances....The plot thickens.....

Markles
27-03-2012, 20:58
perhaps the machines had current ITV's on them

Margaretta
27-03-2012, 21:12
Time to march on the Town Hall, lobby the council, bombard the local papers, demand the park!!

Seriously hope it isn't abandoned for ever as a deep hole. What a very weird thing to have done in the first place when there is so much quarrying area away from residential plots!

slodgedad
27-03-2012, 21:15
I'm baffled. For a few days before the digging stopped wagons were coming in and dumping piles of dirt in the far corner??????

Markles
27-03-2012, 21:17
someone doing the same in silencio at the moment

Margaretta
27-03-2012, 21:18
This is going to sound very silly but was that different, finer soil? Maybe for gardens or skateboards.............too much to hope for....:crying2:

Markles
27-03-2012, 21:20
more like getting paid for both ways and dumping unwanted soil

slodgedad
27-03-2012, 21:22
It's dirt with lumps in, if that makes sense. Not exactly plant material and not exactly rubble???

Markles
28-03-2012, 01:43
the entrances have had fencing posts installed ready to permanently close of the park, so expect a large increase in dog **** as there is not a decent safe area now to exercise the dogs.

slodgedad
30-03-2012, 14:29
THE PLOT THICKENS

The Council has been this morning and installed metal sheeting in the two top entrances effectively closing it.

Posts have been put up in the middle entrance so that will be next

Markles
01-04-2012, 17:27
Do all the presidents of the varous communties not form an area representative for this kinda thing?

Margaretta
01-04-2012, 18:16
Markles I've felt the same all along but it would be difficult to motivate Presidents whose complexes do not overlook the site.
My gut feeling, which could be completely wrong, is that when the original builders gave up at the start of the recession the council took over the parcels of land remaining and probably sold them off forgetting to tell the new owners that they should uphold the purposes of the areas of land they bought. They probably were not obliged to do so.
But obviously there is something wrong otherwise the police would not have stopped quarrying activities on what was supposed to be a park!
There is no elected Mayor for Llano del Camello although we have a Cultural Centre. Our own Mayor would be easier to approach and hopefully 'on the spot.'
It needs someone who speaks some Spanish to go to San Miguel and the Planning Office. They are very helpful and will print a copy of the plan and who owns what in Llano del Camello. That at least would be a starting point about who to approach.
Originally san Miguel were very committed to our new small town on the Path of the Camel. I think lack of money is preventing the 'finishing touches' of the Avenue etc. Such a pity no-one can take on the shopping Centre. It would be worth the Bank investing to finish it and get some revenue from the shops and bars before it is completely pillaged.

Margaretta
27-04-2012, 00:02
Is there an update on 'the hole?' Are there any other building works and how is the school coming along? Would love to know what's happening....please!:)

ddoyle
27-04-2012, 18:13
Hi Margaretta, the hole is no bigger the site is sealed off and can't be accessed. We await further developments, I'm afraid I don't have any information re, the school or any other building work. Look forward to a nice chat when you and B return. We are very excited as our eldest son arrived yesterday and our youngest arrives tomorrow can't wait to see him as he has just finished phase one of his training at Catterick.

slodgedad
28-04-2012, 02:51
Hi Margaretta, the hole is no bigger the site is sealed off and can't be accessed. We await further developments, I'm afraid I don't have any information re, the school or any other building work. Look forward to a nice chat when you and B return. We are very excited as our eldest son arrived yesterday and our youngest arrives tomorrow can't wait to see him as he has just finished phase one of his training at Catterick.

Concur.Absolutely no movement regarding the 'hole 'but the central reservation is looking a lot tidier and more 'trees' have been planted.

Margaretta
30-04-2012, 12:42
DDoyle, so pleased that you have all the family together and I hope that you are all having a great time. So sad about the park and difficult to believe that people can be so openly destructive. Looking forward to our next gathering.

Slodgedad, now that is really cheering! So pleased that there are improvements to the central reservation. I think it will look quite elegant when finished and some of my favourite trees are there: jacarandas, which will give great colour. If only we had a Mayor to get the residents together! I'll nominate you if you go for the job!

slodgedad
01-05-2012, 02:07
DDoyle, so pleased that you have all the family together and I hope that you are all having a great time. So sad about the park and difficult to believe that people can be so openly destructive. Looking forward to our next gathering.

Slodgedad, now that is really cheering! So pleased that there are improvements to the central reservation. I think it will look quite elegant when finished and some of my favourite trees are there: jacarandas, which will give great colour. If only we had a Mayor to get the residents together! I'll nominate you if you go for the job!

Lately I barely have time to log on here..Mayor??...???....:laugh:

Seriously, though, apart from the 'pit' the general area is looking better by the week

Margaretta
11-06-2012, 00:12
We have had a good look at Llano del Camello this holiday and although little is new, the High School is progressing and the trees on the avenue are flourishing, so there is hope.Two people have told us that rabbits are now on the various unbuilt sites! Good to know there is local wildlife apart from the lizards.
There are people who allow their dogs to wander and mess the pavements and there are those who stop you and just complain to any stranger who will listen. So many are outraged by the unpleasantness and make big efforts to clean up after their dogs. I feel sorry for the manual street cleaners who have to deal with this.
For some years we have heard the most extraordinary sounds towards the local mountain (Chimbesque) at night. We thought it was children messing about with gazoos. Our friends told us they are birds, Shearwaters, which make the sound 'Whack! Whack! Whack!' but in different rhythms to ducks and really like gazoos. I Googled and found out that there are a number of types but one is called the Cape Verde Shearwater. Apparently they come to roost and rest on caves and rocks at night. In the twilight shadows above it seems they fly in directly from overseas. Not sure which variety but the noise is certainly distinctive.
A very big 'thank you' to DDoyle's wife who steered me into doing something I haven't done for years: physical activity. We went over to Tenerife Fitness and I joined the zumba class led brilliantly and enthusiastically by Mel. If anyone could get me moving those two succeeded and now I've got to oil the joints.....and buy a sports bra (so that I can jump!) before returning in a few months. I could only huff and puff but I did move somewhat and hope that my guide, Helen, and teacher, Mel, were not too appalled at the 'fat lady singing' at the back. It was fun...I think Ricky Martin also had something to do with it. Thank you all for putting up with me.

I went to the church (Catholic service on Sunday at 7p.m.) in the new church in Llano del Camello. This particular Mass was for parents and schoolchildren but I was warmly welcomed and I have never attended a Mass with such a jolly priest. He was full of life and humour and involved the children a lot whilst making the congregation laugh appropriately throughout the service. He engaged everyone and although I only understood one word in five I knew the format and joined in when I could.
This holiday we have noticed that there are many more people scavengers at the bins. Some just walk with a few pathetic carrier bags to seek any food still edible. Other come in pairs with vans and take away broken furniture etc. We have also found makeshift shacks and tent-dwellers on the more remote beaches. A sad situation and dangerous as the sun becomes more potent.

We saw lorries taking the earth to Granadilla port. They need to bring back what they have taken from us

Still love Tenerife and dying to return but after the extreme heat is over!

slodgedad
11-06-2012, 00:25
We have had a good look at Llano del Camello this holiday and although little is new, the High School is progressing and the trees on the avenue are flourishing, so there is hope.Two people have told us that rabbits are now on the various unbuilt sites! Good to know there is local wildlife apart from the lizards.
There are people who allow their dogs to wander and mess the pavements and there are those who stop you and just complain to any stranger who will listen. So many are outraged by the unpleasantness and make big efforts to clean up after their dogs. I feel sorry for the manual street cleaners who have to deal with this.
For some years we have heard the most extraordinary sounds towards the local mountain (Chimbesque) at night. We thought it was children messing about with gazoos. Our friends told us they are birds, Shearwaters, which make the sound 'Whack! Whack! Whack!' but in different rhythms to ducks and really like gazoos. I Googled and found out that there are a number of types but one is called the Cape Verde Shearwater. Apparently they come to roost and rest on caves and rocks at night. In the twilight shadows above it seems they fly in directly from overseas. Not sure which variety but the noise is certainly distinctive.
A very big 'thank you' to DDoyle's wife who steered me into doing something I haven't done for years: physical activity. We went over to Tenerife Fitness and I joined the zumba class led brilliantly and enthusiastically by Mel. If anyone could get me moving those two succeeded and now I've got to oil the joints.....and buy a sports bra (so that I can jump!) before returning in a few months. I could only huff and puff but I did move somewhat and hope that my guide, Helen, and teacher, Mel, were not too appalled at the 'fat lady singing' at the back. It was fun...I think Ricky Martin also had something to do with it. Thank you all for putting up with me.

I went to the church (Catholic service on Sunday at 7p.m.) in the new church in Llano del Camello. This particular Mass was for parents and schoolchildren but I was warmly welcomed and I have never attended a Mass with such a jolly priest. He was full of life and humour and involved the children a lot whilst making the congregation laugh appropriately throughout the service. He engaged everyone and although I only understood one word in five I knew the format and joined in when I could.
This holiday we have noticed that there are many more people scavengers at the bins. Some just walk with a few pathetic carrier bags to seek any food still edible. Other come in pairs with vans and take away broken furniture etc. We have also found makeshift shacks and tent-dwellers on the more remote beaches. A sad situation and dangerous as the sun becomes more potent.

We saw lorries taking the earth to Granadilla port. They need to bring back what they have taken from us

Still love Tenerife and dying to return but after the extreme heat is over!

Thanks for that, Carol thought it was a cuckoo

gr8getawaycard
01-07-2012, 22:30
The Great Getaway Card are looking for holiday apartments to promote to our UK holiday makers. If interested please PM me.

CIM
01-07-2012, 22:42
You wont find them in Las Chafiras, they are all residential. And if you dont know this then I think you need to start some serious research if you are getting into the holiday rental market in Tenerife!

ddoyle
10-08-2012, 19:41
Lot of shrubs and trees being planted along the avenue here at Las Chafiras at the moment the place is starting to look very nice and settled.

slodgedad
11-08-2012, 02:09
I was gonna say that, doylie, but I've just got in from work.:)

Been going on for a few days now and it's looking a lot tidier.

ddoyle
11-08-2012, 22:50
Certainly is Sloggie, and who knows we might just live long enough to see the Park finished.

slodgedad
12-08-2012, 02:08
Certainly is Sloggie, and who knows we might just live long enough to see the Park finished.

I won't hold my breath.

Good news for bird watchers, the 'shearwater' (cuckoo:)) who has been sending out calls for a long while now has had a reply.

It sounds as if it is coming from around Lidl.

Hopefully now he/she has found a mate they'll shut up.

Margaretta
14-08-2012, 15:44
Amazed that this is being done during a calima....the ground must be so hard! It is anyway but.....wow! Certainly not complaining! Any photos anyone?

Slodgie, male shearwater + female shearwater may mean lots of little ones! Perhaps earplugs at night??:sleeping:So romantic to meet at Lidl!:male::female::kiss2:

Margaretta
25-08-2012, 15:48
All's quiet. We don't return until later this year so if anyone has any photos of the new planting on the Avenida we'd love to see them.
Best wishes to all in Llano del Camello and around the area.
Many thanks.

slodgedad
26-08-2012, 02:12
Plenty of planting lately. There have been teams out every day recently an it's looking a lot tidier.

Camera's broke at the mo ( another thing the Staffie has eaten) but I'll try to get some piccies.

Margaretta
28-08-2012, 18:53
That sounds good. Thanks Slodgedad. Now we need a safe crossing to the shops on the main road. We'll get sorted eventually......

slodgedad
28-08-2012, 23:56
That sounds good. Thanks Slodgedad. Now we need a safe crossing to the shops on the main road. We'll get sorted eventually......

Loads more work done this week on the dual carriageway, looking better by the day.

Safe Crossing....Don't hold your breath...;)

craftycarder
04-11-2012, 10:24
Hi all
Just moved to Llano del Camello, and loving it.

Just wondered about buses. Seen the bus stops but not sure where they go to or come from and also times.

Wondered if any bus goes into Los Cristianos, as if going out for a meal nice to catch bus and then taxi back.

jazza
04-11-2012, 12:24
hi the bus company is titsa you can find out eveything online they have an app for mobiles too

slodgedad
05-11-2012, 02:01
Hi all
Just moved to Llano del Camello, and loving it.

Just wondered about buses. Seen the bus stops but not sure where they go to or come from and also times.

Wondered if any bus goes into Los Cristianos, as if going out for a meal nice to catch bus and then taxi back.

Bus into LC is the airport bus 111 which you catch on the motorway. The buses run every half hour and cost 1.45 to LC bus station.

BTW, Marge. The central reservation is coming on a treat Even a bit of cleaning up in the 'park'

ddoyle
06-11-2012, 12:38
Welcome to llano de Camello, yes it certainly is a lovely place to live close to everything and yet far enough away from the resorts. If you are going to use the bus you should get a bono bus pass, very handy to have for regular bus users, our son got great value out of his while he was here with us recently.

tfsphase2
18-01-2013, 11:56
Hi All,
My wife and i were in Tenerife from the 1st to the 8th jan. The weather was fantastic on a couple of the days with unbroken sunshine, temperatures in the mid 20's. Sea is a bit bracing tho.:sunburn:

They have started filling the hole in the park with lots of people in reflective jackets etc.
We went to see the new flamenco sow at Mare Nostrum "Evolucion"...worth a visit but not as good as previous show "Aire" but worth a visit. (40 Euros each)

If you haven't tried it go and have an Italian meal at "first Love" in PDLA.
Use the walkway to the beach near Zara's and it is there on the right hand side. Doesn't look much but try the food. Platter to start and then the Pasta with Prawns finished off with home made Chocolate Souffle' and a bottle of house red to wash it all down.....
It is voted #1 restaurant on trip advisor. The chef and his wife to be are so helpful and friendly and serve a strange lemon liquer with the bill.

Lifts on Phase 2 are still not working in some areas...
Stories of people carrying 20 kilo cases to apartments on the top floor!
Let' hope the administrators get things sorted out and get all the money that is owed by those people in debt as I don't want to have to pay anymore extra Euros next year when lots of people owe thousnds of Euros etc.
:mad:

Thinking about taking an old fashioned wind break when we return in April.
Would be very useful on El Medano. Do you think I could start up a business renting them out?:pray: and move out to Tenerife?

Margaretta
07-02-2013, 21:26
Well just back this evening, dinner cooking so I thought that a little update would cheer me up....how gloomy back in the UK!
We have had three great weeks and for the first we were joined by four friends from the UK. Great fun and very hectic. Unfortunately they didn't have brilliant weather but managed two long times by the pool. It seems they brought the bad weather and took it back with them as the following week it was glorious weather. It takes a bit longer for the morning mist to clear in Llano del Camello but when it does the terraced hillsides reveal glorious colours of the vegetation and rocks.

Hurrah! Lots of yellow-coated workers are spilling out onto the 'park area' most days and they have formed white rock patterns and planted palms. They are working hard and it's beginning to look very interesting. It is a mystery about what they will do with the 'big hole'. I think they should make the earth-stealers return all the rock they took, otherwise it could be a sunken garden or a skateboard area (there is a huge slope!)
The avenida is maturing and becoming a really attractive place for people to walk, jog and take their dogs. We saw quite a few Spanish people now with 'pooper-scoopers' but there is still the problem of those who don't and incessantly barking dogs in one or two places. Is fair for a dog to be left to bark all day. Most people are excellent, taking their dogs out a number of times each day.

The cultural centre is looking very smart. A friend and I went to the 7:00p.m. Mass in the local church one Sunday. (Andy Murray was in the final on the Sunday morning). We know the format of the Mass so not understanding many of the words of the service was not a huge problem. But the people were so warm and welcoming and the priest has the most amazing personality, is obviously much admired and we were riveted by his presentation. it was great to see how he truly involved the children in the service.

There are some massive holes among the unsold? parcelas of land. One wonders what will eventually be built there. Others still have construction debris. I have read that one council in the Canaries is fining owners of lands that are very messy until they clear it. Great idea. Lumps of crane would make good sculptures but there is far too much rubble. The plants are disguising some but with all the planting efforts maybe the areas should be cleared and allowed to return to natural, attractive growth.
The burnt bread factory is being dismantled. Let's hope the metal is not just left......
Had a set meal in Cafe Tolcan the first night. Fabulous. A wonderful chicken soup, a typical pork, sweetcorn and cabbage main dish (such tender pork!) and a crema caramelo dessert. really good value for excellent home cooking. cheerful, pleasant service and football for hubby and friends.
The postie delivered a letter from the Uk. It arrived in FOUR DAYS!!!
Love the area now. A real feel for a working community. A happy place with lots of prospects.

slodgedad
08-02-2013, 01:31
Must agree, Marge.

The improvement along the dual carriageway and the 'park' since this time last year is fantastic, especially now that the 'twigs' have started growing.

Margaretta
08-02-2013, 16:27
Quite true Slodgie. Exciting progression.
Our maintenance man is currently chainsaw-happy. We have watched our lovely trees behind the wall grow, flower and produce berries attracting pretty birds and butterflies for seven years. They need pruning certainly but there is a chainsaw massacre leaving stumps above the trunk and no greenery whatever. We are aware that Canarians know what they are doing with plants....hopefully Senor Stump-Creator knows too.....but we shall not be happy until we see some shoots sprouting from those bare trunks.

Margaretta
26-03-2013, 02:21
Well, just back in the UK again having entertained different friends in our apartment and we had a lovely time showing them all the usual sites and more. We had a hire car which annoyed hubby but made us laugh as it gave a little beep each time he changed gear. Delighted to see that even more progress has been made with the Avenue and the yellowcoats are making wonderful patterns in the park with palms, bushes and rocks. But still the hole is a mystery; it's huge and slopes. Will it be filled in or will it be used creatively as a skateboard area or terraced garden? it would be too dangerous to open the park as it is, but it is very exciting to see the progress.
The other holes are amazingly deep on different parcelas. Why is our residential area chosen as an easy target for earthmovers? What will happen to these vast cubic pits?
We saw egrets, kestrels, a buzzard and some enchanting, tiny birds in our tree. The pigeons (or collared doves?) caused me to do washing twice.
Talking tree, we had to smile when savage maintenance man couldn't reduce our handsome specimen to stumps because his chainsaw seized up. Trouble is, ours will still be unsightly stumps when others are sprouting.
All fairly peaceful. Some little dogs yap continually in the distance. I like very big dogs....they tend to have a deeper bark and it's not so noisy.
So happy in Llano del Camello but just longing for WIFI. If El Hierro can do it why can't we? It's much too expensive for many swallows like us and a dongle is useless where we are situated. Hope springs eternal.

slodgedad
27-03-2013, 00:43
The ongoing work in the 'park' looks impressive but I can't figure out what they are going to do with the 'crater'

Margaretta
06-04-2013, 12:00
Hoping for an update on the park. How is it coming along and any signs of use for the crater? Please someone, give us some news.....xx

craftycarder
06-04-2013, 13:07
The park is looking good. They are still working on it but the crater still the same. Not sure what they will do with that

ddoyle
08-04-2013, 23:05
Beginning to enjoy the park from my balcony it only took seven years, I found a new very nice coffee shop today it is beside the petrol station at the roundabout very nice selection of cakes, pastries, etc and lovely coffee. I was told it has been open a couple of weeks so if you are shopping in Mercadona loads of parking at the rear of the petrol station take the weight off and enjoy a nice cup of coffee.

Margaretta
09-04-2013, 00:13
Thank you David. Looking forward to trying the cafe.
Any signs of what they are doing in 'the hole?'

slodgedad
09-04-2013, 00:33
Thank you David. Looking forward to trying the cafe.
Any signs of what they are doing in 'the hole?'

There were some of the yellow shirts actually in the crater today. Couldn't see what they were doing but at least they were actually in there.

Margaretta
09-04-2013, 10:24
Thank you Slodgie and David. Do keep us posted about the park and the crater.

ddoyle
09-04-2013, 19:05
The hole has to be filled in otherwise there is no point in developing the rest of the Park. The hole is a hazard and the Park can't be opened to the public as long as it is there.

tenerifemummy
09-05-2013, 02:53
So happy in Llano del Camello but just longing for WIFI. If El Hierro can do it why can't we? It's much too expensive for many swallows like us and a dongle is useless where we are situated. Hope springs eternal.

Hi Margaretta,

Happy to meet others from where we are moving too!!! ;0) We are moving in to Ilano del camello on the 31st May ;0) bit worried about you stating that there is no WIFI as estate agents stated that there definitely is Internet there, I hope they are telling the truth :crying2: as we have to run our online business once we are settled, is this for everywhere there?

x

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

ignore me WIFI is different to Internet isn't it lol sorry I'm having a blonde day!!! :0) x

Margaretta
09-05-2013, 15:42
Hi TenerifeMummy! It depends where you are but our on complex there is no general internet service and it has to be purchased individually. Hubby won't as we are not here long enough to merit the cost of installation and rental per annum. So I just have to suffer in a WIFI bar with a few g and t's....very sad!
Good luck with your business and settling in. Do keep in touch....the forum is amazing!

elenapelena
12-05-2013, 11:26
Hiii
Can anybody tell me how much is the monthly cost for an apartment here for 3 persons, for the period from mid June and further
Please send me PM
Kind regards everybody

Margaretta
23-05-2013, 22:12
Hi Camellians!!
Hope that you got some replies Elenapelena.
Well just back from another lovely few weeks in Llano del Camello and it's been great to see the work on the Avenue. The people designated to do this are working hard to complete the beds with rocks and lovely plants. So many people enjoy it as a facility for dog-walking and exercise. If only they would hurry to finish the beds at the beginning and end as they would really enhance the area.
The park will be a riot of colour and it always amazes us how they seem to put plants in that dry rock, the plants seem to die off and then resurrect themselves gloriously as if to say "Look what we can do!" Still the giant hole is a mystery......

craftycarder
16-07-2013, 10:33
Just to keep everyone updated. The giant hole in the park is starting to be filled in. They are bringing in lorry loads of rubble. Do not know how long that will take. The avenue is also starting to look really nice now.

Margaretta
16-07-2013, 23:39
Thank you Craftycard. do you sell the cards you make in Llano del Camello or is it a fun name?
I've always been convinced that San Miguel Council are committed to finish the area as they can acquire the funds. Haven't counted but I think that there are at least two other big holes on the estate.
Yes the avenue is really looking great and when the plants mature it will be a beautiful facility for walkers, joggers and strollers. I wonder if the park hole will be totally filled in or used to create the skateboard area?

slodgedad
17-07-2013, 00:45
Thank you Craftycard. do you sell the cards you make in Llano del Camello or is it a fun name?
I've always been convinced that San Miguel Council are committed to finish the area as they can acquire the funds. Haven't counted but I think that there are at least two other big holes on the estate.
Yes the avenue is really looking great and when the plants mature it will be a beautiful facility for walkers, joggers and strollers. I wonder if the park hole will be totally filled in or used to create the skateboard area?

Probably have to leave some kind of hole there as it would take months to fill it at the rate they are going.

When you consider there were around 40 wagon loads a day on average going out and they are bringing in at most 5 on odd days.

Don't have to be Einstein to work it out.

At the height of the excavation we counted 14 wagons queueing.

It's great to see some progress though.

I agree about the 'avenue'. Looking better every week.

craftycarder
17-07-2013, 09:55
Yes I do make and sell cards Margaretta. If you are interested in please contact me. I am on facebook under the same name if you want to see some of my work:wave:

Margaretta
23-07-2013, 00:20
A lovely pastime, Craftycarder. A lot of skill and patience required for these effective results. Thank you for the Facebook site.

Margaretta
02-10-2013, 23:25
Llano del Camello Observations
We are delighted to see that most of the avenue planting has been completed but the very first section as you enter the estate near the Dorada warehouse is incomplete. We are literally ‘The Path of the Camels’ and I want a camel sculpture there, even a camel train. Do you think if we petitioned the cabildo….???
The park is looking very pretty but there is still no progress with filling the big hole. To me it’s simple: gather up all the builder’s rubble on other parcelas and fill in the holes!
In fact deep holes are a feature now of our estate…at least two of them big enough for foundations for skyscrapers. I looked up the word for hole: agujero. Maybe we should be renamed: ‘Parcelas de Agujeros.’ I wonder how a sculpture at the avenida entrance would look then?
The bakery that burnt down last year is being rebuilt at great speed. If only the unfinished buildings would progress as rapidly. But it is looking really good now as the palms and cacti are maturing all along the road and the drive from Las Chafiras up to San Miguel is a very attractive one. I think Tenerife gardeners are second to none.
Not sure what is happening about the school building. Some piles of earth have just been off-loaded into the park by the big hole.
People are so nice here…most say ‘Hola’ as you pass. At last many Canarians are using bags for the doggy mess….but not all yet. There is a fabulous sign of encouragement on the avenue. But why can’t people control their dogs? Some bark continually all day and evening. We are very lucky that this is elsewhere and not on our complex but it must be so unbearable for the neighbours. The hunters’ dogs and guns wake us some Sunday mornings. Tradition….we don’t mind that.
There are new bins all over the area, big grey ones. They are a bit more hygienic and must have cost a fortune. The lids drop slowly when you have deposited your rubbish. Just wish people wouldn’t fill the bottle bin in the early hours of the morning….just one or two people probably after a party and thinking it’s a good idea to clear up… clankety clank to wake us up!
Mercadona closed for refurbishment just after we had done our first big shop. After that Las Chafiras Hyperdino was packed. It is a very tricky parking area there and we abandoned that to go to the Mercadona in San Isidro which has easier access. Haven’t been back to the ‘new’ Mercadona yet but fascinated to see it.
According to the TV news, Spain is emerging from recession. Is it us or have others noticed less ‘Se vende’ and ‘Alquiler’ signs around? Certainly this applies to our complex and hubby and I have lost our only sea view. Well, it wasn’t actually ours but for eight years we could see across to another apartment and through it to the sea. Now it has been taken and the inside bedroom door is closed. What a cheek! Reckon we should pay less community charges…..
Following the many summer calimas it has been extremely hot this September. There have been a few sprinkles of rain but so many plants are beautiful and green. Like camels they must store water for long periods.
Back to camels. Now, that sculpture….

slodgedad
29-11-2013, 20:23
Been a while since my last update on the 'park'
For the past couple of weeks the hole has been used as a landfill, which worried me at first, but I have watched them.

Loads of rubbish goes in, then sprayed and then covered with rubble and soil.
Then they pack that layer down and start again.

Trucks coming in all day, some with rubbish, some with rubble and some with soil.

At the rate it's been going in the past month I can see the 'hole' being completed before Christmas.

Margaretta
03-12-2013, 22:15
Has anyone else lost all their TVconnection since the storm? We have nothing and CSTI think it is a local problem.

essexeddie
04-12-2013, 00:03
Ours in LC hasn't changed at all

Margaretta
04-12-2013, 10:45
To answer my own question:phoned this morning and the transmitter in Las Chafiras has to be replaced. How long? Quiene sabe?

Margaretta
05-12-2013, 22:25
Well, yesterday evening the channels all came back....hurrah! We have been so fed up this month, having paid our TV licence at the beginning of the month, the 'Dear customer' reminder has been going across our screen constantly and just as it was turned off on Monday, the transmitter went down in the storm. The company were permanently engaged and no help when my husband visited. If they can ruin every programme for a month with the reminder, even if you have paid up, why could they not record a phone message explaining the problem? Anyway, it was working just as we were leaving for the UK.

Three years ago a mini festival began near the culture centre involving a number of 'bombas' on Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately and unsurprisingly it lacked support: two burger stalls and a stage and once again it was rained off. That's two years out of three. Poor advertising and THE WRONG TIME OF YEAR!!!
BUT...great things are happening in the park....lots of earth-movers and trucks and that hole is filling rapidly! Hurrah! The park is looking great, beautifully planted, and now they are also working on the beginning of the avenue, planting flowers ...and rocks! which will make a lovely entrance to the estate. But no camel sculpture...yet. But there are the three kings on camels in lights and a church with bells at a Las Chafiras roundabout.
Good things have been said about the bar at El Faro. It is Spanish football only but the welcome is friendly and there is a covered seating area.

THINGS are beginning to happen in and around the south.
There is digging, filling and flattening of a large area next to the padle court, a very smart factory building has replaced the burnt-out bakery, building on another 'parcel' the building of the supermarket near La Tejita beach and a group of villas, long-abandoned shells, are being 'finished' at the other end of El Medano.

There is hope that the recession is very, very slowly.....receding??

essexeddie
05-12-2013, 22:55
Well, yesterday evening the channels all came back....hurrah! We have been so fed up this month, having paid our TV licence at the beginning of the month,

What licence?

craftycarder
31-12-2013, 21:40
Well we have two new arrivals in Las Chafiras, at the beginning of the avenue we now have a mommy camel and a baby camel. They look really good too. The hole in the park has nearly been filled now, so looking forward to see what happens in the new year.
Happy new year to everyone

Margaretta
13-02-2014, 23:41
Well, it was like having a present to see the two camels greeting us as we turned into our 'Path of the Camel.' They are wonderful, great as sculptures and as the emblem of our estate. Had to give them names of course: Elfrida and Ermintrude.
The avenue is looking great: still some work to do but the plants are maturing and people use the long walkways as a healthy resource.
The bar under El Faro appears to be doing well and Cafe Tolcan does a great 'Menu del dia'. It's always unusual food and very good value. We haven't tried the cafe round the corner yet.
There seem to be a number of 'workings' i.e. earthmovings, particularly next to the padle courts. Does anyone know the intentions here?
We didn't visit the market but there seem to be a number of frames for a lot of stalls permanently on the site.
The hole in the park has been filled in and abandoned. such a pity: a bit more effort needed to finish what looks to be a very attractive area.
The heavy storms of December caused our neighbour to move due to a leak which has led to a new roof lining for us! Good news. The effect of the deluges has made even the roughest parcelas green and full of amazing plants. The white daisies, something like a large feverfew species, and the purple lavender look wonderful amidst the euphorbia. We spend a lot of time watching the kestrels swooping and circling over the undeveloped areas. Our view of the mountain is fabulously enhanced by the gorgeous greens.
Fed up, back in the cold UK tonight. Regretful also that we don't seem to have time to see all the people we would like to but looking forward to the next visit and seeing progress with the creation and completion of the estate, overseen by Elfrida and Ermintrude of course!!

Margaretta
06-04-2014, 22:02
Well we have been back in the UK for a week and we are really used to living in two homes now. But, every time we visit we are joined by different UK friends which is lovely but I think we are going to ask future visitors to stay in nearby hotels. We don't feel as though we've been having holidays when people expect hotel service from us daily. We like our last guests, old friends, but they didn't even put a mug in the dishwasher, do any driving, go out independently or help with the cooking over ten days. Understandable: it was their holiday but it was ours as well. People don't intend to be mean but it is now a situation which has developed over the years. We used to invite people and now they invite themselves. Difficult to resolve. We are lucky to have friends but some people just don't understand that apartment living involves some housework and self-catering and costs money! Even a little consideration such as stripping the bed and cleaning their bath and sink before leaving would be a thoughtful gesture if the flight is later in the day. I wonder if anyone else has the same problem?
On a more cheerful note, Elfrida and Ermintrude were lit up at night and looked really dramatic but maybe this was just for the carnival? We were gutted to miss the first Llano del Camello carnival as we travelled back that afternoon but from all the photos it certainly looked fun! It's great that we are getting our own identity with the market, church, cultural centre, school and sports facilities. We are no longer Las Chafiras. The minimarts are great with fresh-baked bread in the morning but one day.....our supermarket may be finished or demolished....It would look so much better.
The main avenue is looking really good now and there has been some machinery working in the park. The hole is almost full and the plants are blooming beautifully.
Hope there will be a grand opening soon!

Skeggy
07-04-2014, 08:20
The joy of seaside living I'm afraid........been there done it.....

murph
07-04-2014, 23:50
Think I would be moving into a one Bedroom property if I were you Margaretta

Margaretta
08-04-2014, 17:18
It's a tricky one Skeggy and Murph. We like people and we like our friends. We are considering the above or selling up altogether and just visiting for long periods. But I'm sentimental about the apartment....... need to decide.???

Bazz
08-04-2014, 21:04
Funnily enough the same thing happens when relations come to stay! :nono:
Maybe now would be a good time to sell your apartment Margaretta? Then you can have a bit of luxury and stay in a good hotel! (I'm sure your apartment is beautiful too) :)

kingbaker
08-04-2014, 21:13
It's a tricky one Skeggy and Murph. We like people and we like our friends. We are considering the above or selling up altogether and just visiting for long periods. But I'm sentimental about the apartment....... need to decide.???

Thats the last flippin' time I'm staying with you lot, you ungratefull sod!! :D:(:)

kingbaker
08-04-2014, 21:14
Funnily enough the same thing happens when relations come to stay! :nono:
Maybe now would be a good time to sell your apartment Margaretta? Then you can have a bit of luxury and stay in a good hotel! (I'm sure your apartment is beautiful too) :)

Well saved....there at the end!!:p

LUCKY
08-04-2014, 23:06
Thats the last flippin' time I'm staying with you lot, you ungratefull sod!! :D:(:)

I really would not care we stayed 6 months and one week , think we may have overstayed our welcome by a few days, :flatcap:

Tilly
26-04-2014, 17:06
Hello, we are finally coming to stay in our apartment, but only for a long weekend. Where is the market Margaretta? It will be so nice to stay there again and have a good look round, to see how its changed since our last visit. It's been a while since we've stayed in our apartment. Sooo looking forward to a little sunshine before I have my hip replaced at the end of May :scared:

Margaretta
16-06-2014, 18:40
Oh Tilly, I'm so sorry that I haven't been here for a while. I do hope your hip replacement was a big success? It is worth reading the Canarian Newspapers online. The latest about the market is that it appears to be successful but we didn't go there this time. It is situated behind Lidl on the big flat area near the bottom corner of our estate.
The camels, Elfida and Ermintrude, look so different at night...as if they have had shadows painted on them.
It was interesting to see that AltamiraSantander.com has put up big red posters around the half-finished supermarket. If only it were sold. A large group of people came with trucks and a crane and took away the huge piece of metalwork lying in the area next to the supermarket. I always thought it looked like a rocket-launcher. It would have been the start of a great sculpture!
The avenue is looking great with jacaranda and lavender. The park is lovely but no work took place there during our three week stay and it is still not open. Our caretaker is wonderful, so hardworking, and all seems to be going well in our complex.
The only bugbear is ...DOGS! Yap, yap yap!!! Why do people think they can leave their patio doors open a little (while they are working) to let their little yappy irritant run in and out and bark at every noise and anyone who dares to want to sit peacefully on their own balcony. There are dogs who bark for much of the day in many houses around. The animals are bored and frustrated and need company and attention. I cannot understand why the Canarians themselves don't appear to be aggravated by this.
Opposite the camels is a new 'everything' shop. I think it is on the site of the shop which hired industry equipment. It hasn't got any new signs up yet but you can see a lot of 'stuff' in the doorways. My first visit to IKEA but sorry....very disappointing. I like to buy things immediately and not wait for them to be delivered. I found it frustrating and would rather shop elsewhere.
Nevertheless we had a wonderful three weeks and explored many places only going twice to Los Cris and once to Las Americas. We find the rest of the island far more attractive.

Margaretta
26-07-2014, 19:35
Hello/Hola! Is anything interesting happening? Has the park opened for the Summer? Is any building being finished/ continued or started? Missing it all so news please! xx

slodgedad
26-07-2014, 21:40
Not much change. The 'park' looks ready to me but is still closed.

The 'avenue' looks better every week as the plants and trees are settling.

ddoyle
27-08-2014, 17:40
Sorry to have to say that the park is very far from being ready the walkways have not been paved there is no seating in the park and the fence around it badly needs painting it looks to be in a sorry state. I can't understand why the fence was not painted in sections before it was put up,knowing the poor quality of workmanship here I can see the wall that the fence is placed on being ruined by paint when the eventually get around to painting it. The avenue is looking very nice with the plants having matured hope the next ten years will see the park finished.

Margaretta
30-08-2014, 12:59
David...there is always hope. Maybe work will start again now it's almost September.....maybe......

ddoyle
05-09-2014, 19:16
Ihope so, we would love to see the park finished Monica.

Ashro Autos
16-09-2014, 22:22
Does anyone have any idea where water meter cupbords are in La concepcion

Margaretta
22-10-2014, 19:16
Ashro, I think your problem was solved from the mountaintop, other residents and the excellent caretaker. ;) It seems a long time ago.

Has anything progressed in the park? The flowers were looking wonderful when we were last there. The Ayuntamiento has recruited several people to make improvements in the area so hopefully 'the yellowcoats' will be active very soon.
The 'for sale' signs around the half-built supermarket i.e. www.santanderaltamira, have been renewed during the summer and the metal panelling replaced in places. But the gate is still opened and any material that can be carried away has been taken.
We enjoy watching the kestrels, buzzards and chiffchaffs but haven't heard the Cory Shearwater and it's strange 'gazoo' sounds.
Problems with noisy dogs on balconies all day have been dealt with efficiently by the President and Administration. Some people don't use their balconies for sitting and enjoyment but as a storage area or run for their dogs. This is unfair to the dog if the balcony is a substitute for being taken out and unfair to people on the next balconies if the frustrated dog barks continually.
Some community rules are flouted such as washing strung high. It looks really ugly here and doesn't have the charm of Naples. Haha! We have lost our sea view as people have bought the flat opposite and there are shutters across the windows; we used to be able to look straight through the empty apartment to the sea. But we love our mountain view and are fervent cloud-watchers so no complaints!

Margaretta
21-05-2015, 22:57
I do hope that some more 'Llano del Camellians' will post here as when you can't be in the area all the time it's great to have updates.
As usual we didn't see the many people with whom we would love to meet up; when friends stay with us we have to do the grand tours and hubby wears his chauffeur hat. This time the calima meant we didn't sleep too well, got up late and toured returning for an evening meal and a relaxing shower. We spent a lot of evenings on the balcony which was wonderful and had all our meals out there. We are intrigued that our Canarian neighbours don't seem to do that but stay inside and use their balconies for storage...or their dogs! Maybe they knew that we would suffer some mosquito bites? We certainly did this holiday.

The lighthouse changes colour at night and rainbow hues drift around it. There is a beauty parlour and the delicatessan and bar below it. Hubby isn't sure whether they only sell bottled beer which he dislikes so we haven't tried the bar yet but sometimes walk down to El Tolcan and....walk all the way up again! Grrrr! El Tolcan is excellent....such good value foodwise. There is now a pizzeria at the far end of the estate. I got rid of some old clothes in the 'Ropa y Calzados' bin and hope they went to someone who needed them. My husband saw a man coming out of his house with about 30 balloons after a party. He nearly took off into the mountains but reached the rubbish bins and tried to put them in without bursting them. We laughed for ages.
Biltmore looks great and is being painted.
The park is looking good. As with everything....why don't they finish and open it?
Some of the other unsold parcels would be good as parks too, even 'wild' parks with attractive paths for dog-walkers.
The hill on the other side of the main road en route to San Miguel has been savagely quarried. One day we saw a JCB at the summit engendering a big discussion by a group of workers and then it retreated but I'm sure that the hill is destined to be demolished as there is little left to quarry at the back.
The hunters were out in force one day, all day....or were they? There were so many continuous gunshots that if they had been real there would have been no geckos, rabbits, dogs or humans left on the island. We THINK it may have been a type of clay-pigeon shoot.
There is something happening opposite El Faro lighthouse....well two things actually. First they are making a brick path around the exercise equipment in the central promenade (seems a very slow business and what about those rough paths?) and then there has been a huge filling in of half the abyss near the padle court. Padle seems to be very successful and more courts are needed. What keep-fit Camellians they are! Not me sadly as I sit and ponder the race-walkers, cyclists and marchers checking their pedometers and swilling from water bottles; I should but I don't! Maybe one day.....I'll just have another G and T before I start.
I so wish we were recognised now. We have a church and a cultural centre, carnival parade, a fiesta, gyms, a football pitch, padle courts, mini-supermarkets, the electioneers bellow encouragement to vote, and yet estate agents still name us as 'Las Chafiras' which makes us sound like a group of warehouses. We are Llano del Camello and have become a very attractive place to be. Yes, there are a few eyesores such as the unfinished supermarket but we are not as the factory area on the other side of the promenade. We even have our own statues: Elfrida and Ermintrude, our own two camels. (Hubby calls them Eric and Ernie or maybe they should be Enrique and Ernesto? They look wonderful at night when the shadows show how they are formed and give a brownish hue. Maybe the new Mayor will give us the recognition we now deserve? Good luck with the elections Llano del Camello.

ribuck
22-05-2015, 10:37
Margaretta, you paint a lovely picture with words.

Margaretta
04-06-2015, 20:15
Hurrah! We are now recognised as Llano del Camellians, separated from Las chafiras in this thread title. Thank you Mods!

melm
04-06-2015, 20:24
Hurrah! We are now recognised as Llano del Camellians, separated from Las chafiras in this thread title. Thank you Mods!

Success :tiphat::tiphat::tiphat:

Angusjim
04-06-2015, 21:13
At last I will get full nights sleep:laugh:

Margaretta
29-06-2015, 19:35
Hola Camellians! How is the building coming along acrossthe Avenida opposite El Faro? Is anything new going on anywhere? Missing it all.x

Margaretta
21-10-2015, 22:33
I last posted on this thread in June. I hope all the Camellians have had a wonderful Summer? Did the carnival parade take place here this year? I was gutted when we saw the beginning last year and had to leave for the airport and back to the UK. Is the park open yet? The quarry on the other side of the San Miguel Road has practically demolished the hill on the Las Zocas side. Have they started on our side yet? Did the plants on the Avenida survive the summer calimas and sciroccos? Can you tell how I'm missing it all? Hubby is coming over with my daughter in November and they are looking forward to a Spanish/English match in Café Tolcan....with sangria and Doradas. They don't mind walking back up the hill! Any news would be great.

Margaretta
13-11-2015, 12:34
Well no-one told me!! Apparently there is now a garage opposite El faro and another buiding in progress beside it. Please Camellians, do update; it's really hard being so far away.
Husband and daughter are out for a short break and enjoying the warmth of the calima. I'm not jealous.......:jumping: but I did have a breakaway elsewhere in August so it is their turn. Has anyone else experienced 'tenting?' I'm putting a thread about this on the main discussion page.

Margaretta
02-12-2015, 23:38
Just heard : our camels have been blinged for Christmas!! PLEASE someone add a picture here.:wave:

Margaretta
13-01-2016, 18:04
Well, there seem to be many, many people living in Llano del Camello but sadly, not contributing to our site here.
We are just back from a really good holiday, reasonable neighbours have moved in with no constantly yapping dog. Our tower was wonderfully lit for Christmas, lights twirled on lampposts around the pool and individual balconies and even the warehouses made quite an effort to sparkle for Christmas. I saw our wonderful blinged camels but didn't get a photo. The many lights on them were quickly removed after the 6th.
The park is not yet open but the plants are maturing well. The avenue is attractively planted and well cared-for and much appreciated by the many walkers, joggers and cyclists. A bit less doggy poo around but still some. A few less bin-raiders too....is Tenerife becoming more prosperous?
We went to Los Cristianos for New Year but a great party was taking place up the road on our return with masses of coloured twirling lights, people and music.We would love to have joined them.
The creamy Spanish cake de los Reyes which we bought in Lidl was fantastic value and I got the king, a friend the bean....but she didn't pay for the cake! We now have the three model kings to decorate our own cake but why bother when the Canarians do it so well? Although we arrived just after English Christmas, I put up and decorated our Spanish tree. We celebrated by attending the festivals and drinking the delicious, potent and cheap (1 euro 40 a bottle) Spanish bubbly (so like Prosecco) with orange juice as Bucks Fizz and of course gorging huge chunks of that Three Kings Cake.
The weather was glorious for the whole of our stay. The cream and red poinsettias and nativities on the roundabouts were enchanting. We went to La Laguna and enjoyed the Christmassy atmosphere there. The little church in San Blas was packed on both Sundays and beautifully decorated.
We didn't try the new garage by the avenue: Oceano? but the prices seemed reasonable. The Sunday market was busy and could develop as much as the one in Guargacho.
Café Tolcan continued to give excellent service and food at great value.
We saw a type of bluetit, a buzzard, two kestrels and several collared doves cooing and flying from post to post. Often when one lands the other flies away. There was also a parrot in one of the gardens which screeched 'Hola' frequently to the sunshine I think.
A very short stay but full of colour and activity. Missing it so much.

AndyG
13-01-2016, 18:25
It is probably off topic, but do you know the name of the Spanish bubbly that you mentioned please? We have a friend coming over soon who loves Prosecco but we haven't found any so far so maybe this will be a good substitute? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Margaretta
14-01-2016, 17:38
Hola AndyG!
Hubby says I have no taste and he's right of course! Apparently it's cava, not Prosecco and we bought it in Mercadona. It is called 'Cabre y Sabata' and a lady friend and myself had quite a few glasses. I had a bucks fizz with it for breakfast every morning and it was far, far better than any British-sold cava. We really thought it comparable to Prosecco and the men didn't moan because it was so cheap. There was Brut and Semi-Sec. Please post some crates.........:yum::drinking:

tfs1
14-01-2016, 20:01
Hola AndyG!
Hubby says I have no taste and he's right of course! Apparently it's cava, not Prosecco and we bought it in Mercadona. It is called 'Cabre y Sabata' and a lady friend and myself had quite a few glasses. I had a bucks fizz with it for breakfast every morning and it was far, far better than any British-sold cava. We really thought it comparable to Prosecco and the men didn't moan because it was so cheap. There was Brut and Semi-Sec. Please post some crates.........:yum::drinking:

Agree, good stuff and at around €1.80 a bottle from Mercadona good value.

Margaretta
24-03-2016, 21:57
What a pity more people don't contribute to this thread!:dontknow: There's a lot going on in Llano del Camello at the moment, not just the Saturday and Sunday market but new building next to the newish garage. No idea what this could be.
A firm called 'Daltre' is building next to '5 Oceanos', the frozen food store. This same firm is building the apartments on 'Cardiac Hill' opposite Dinastia in Los Cristianos so it will be interesting to see what they are producing in Llano del Camello.
There was some activity in the park: an orange machine was at work on the paths. Some of the plants look quite colourful and are maturing well; it will be great when the park is opened.
We tried two new places on the estate. Los Amigos restaurant was the first; hubby wasn't sure and I peeped in at about two thirty one afternoon: it was buzzing, packed! We went back at 7:00p.m. that evening and it was quieter but people kept coming in and now we know why! Hubby had pork...what seemed like half a pig.....and chips and salad. I had two, very large pieces of hake and salad and a heap of Canarian potatoes. We started with delicious baked bread (two big cobs) and the usual mojo sauces and alioli. I had a generous half carafe of white wine and hubby a large beer: 21 euros. I shouldn't have mentioned it as you will all be there. It's a large, practical and rustic restaurant with clean paper tablecloths. Don't wear your diamonds as it's a comfortable venue rather than glamorous.
Hubby likes English football and for this reason was reluctant to try our nearest bar, El Faro (we are fans of Café Tolcan for its Menu del Dia and pizzas); they have Spanish football of course. But we did have a drink and a coffee there yesterday. It is friendly, comfortable and the coffee was very good indeed. We looked at the many interesting treatments offered by the hairdresser next door to the cafe. Very impressed with all three places and extremely good value.
As a Catholic I go to the local churches and this Palm Sunday I walked to the church of the Good Shepherd in Llano del Camello. The evening Mass was at 7:00p.m. and instead of the little palm cross we receive in the UK we were each given a tall bunch of olives and palm leaves. My friend gave me hers after the service and I've set them in a vase to dry out in our apartment. Hubby is worried that we'll be crawling with minibugs on our return in a few weeks!!
Llano del Camello is becoming a great place to be.

Margaretta
31-05-2016, 23:18
We did return and the olives and palm have dried very well and now form an arrangement with some silk flowers.
We enjoyed sitting on the balcony this time and had a couple of evenings with a bottle of wine, anti-mossie candles and listened to the Cory Shearwater or 'Whacka whacka' birds with their funny gazoo noises heading for the nearest mountain to sleep. They caused us many a giggle.
We strolled around the estate and Daltre are still building behind the Dorada factory....but what?
The avenue is so eagerly used by all who wish to keep fit for jogging, race-walking, strolling and exercising. Do be aware that many people are 'plugged in' to their Ipods and barely look as they cross the roads or stop jogging etc. All the right clothes and equipment are popular. Hubby and I used to enjoy tennis in the UK and thought about padle as we watched play on the courts. But the right shoes seem to be essential and it isn't clear whether the padles could be hired; people seemed to arrive with their own.
Elfrida and Ermintrude (me) or Eric and Ernie (hubby), the two camels, stand proudly and the bushes are maturing well around them and along the avenue. The new garage seems successful, hopefully there will be further building.
I think there is now one residential complex which doesn't have control of dogs barking for hours. I'm glad it's not our complex. What makes people think that others want to hear their dog barking all day?
The park is still not open. Machinery is there but weeds are overtaking. I feel really sorry for the children on the estate. They need a place to kick balls and play more wildly as naturally there are restrictions with noise and movement within the complexes. If we lived there full-time I think I would be tempted to try and pile rocks and create a safe area on one of the neglected patches for the children. When we first arrived a few young ones were playing imaginatively with stones and toys in the middle of a 'parcel.' It was great to see this cooperative play rather than think of them indoors with their computers. Towards the end of our stay some boys were playing football each evening at the crossroads and due to parked cars it wasn't always obvious when cars were approaching, often at speed.
The estate now needs a mayor or at least a couple of council members who are aware and will act for the estate.

Margaretta
08-07-2016, 23:44
It's unusual for us to be in Tenerife at this very hot time but we have just spent two weeks in Llano del Camello and friends joined us which was lively and fun. The only thing is that we don't get around to meeting up with the many people known through TF and Facebook because our friends all love to stay there; one day I'll have that dream party and invite you all!
We have been coming and going to Llano del Camello for ten years now and enjoy being recognised by the residents. Little catch-up conversations take place by the lift and stairs, in the pool or in the road by the cars!
The first week we tried to get to the beach in El Medano around 9:00p.m. for the Fires of San Juan BUT the queues edging down to the town from the motorway meant we had to give up. We car-crawled along to the furthest end but nowhere could we find a parking space despite being willing to walk quite a way. So, saving that for another year and going early to a lesser-known beach.
At this time of year the heat means that I didn't choose the usual plant for the balcony table as it would have withered very quickly even with frequent watering. I missed that visit to the garden centre the first day (our tradition) but took our friends there later and they loved the huge flowers and different things which you can grow in the Tenerife climate. As the plane flew into TFS the land looked so yellow and dry. But the oleander bushes were glorious and in full bloom as were the fantastic scarlet Poinciana trees. I usually paint canvases while in Tenerife but the mixed paint was drying too fast so I abandoned my latest project and just enjoyed swimming in the silken water during every free moment. How I miss all that now we're back in England!
Still don't know what the building will be next to the Dorada warehouse; I think it's a case of 'wait and see'. Other mystery buildings in the area are the huge one next to 'The Lamb' and the one being built on Amarilla Golf. The road/pipeworks from Las Chafiras to San Blas are causing major diversions when returning to the TF1; they may be some time...
The bar below El Faro is within walking distance for us (at last!) so we had some evening drinks in really friendly company and the landlord introduced new matching and comfortable tables and chairs. We understand bits of Spanish/Canarian and try to speak it and it was great to communicate showing that Brexit has not lessened our relationship!

Bren111
01-08-2016, 14:06
Good Morning all
And what a great Thread.
We bought recently in Las Chafiras ,a two bed apt, but haven't stayed there yet.
Mainly because it had no furniture when I took it over ,or no connection of water or electric.
Notary was on 22nd Apr and they still haven't connected me. Apparently San Miguel council has to authorise planning permission to install a water metre (seriously)
I look forward so much to furnishing it and moving in. Eventually to move there permanently?
Anyway I pop over on Wed for a few days . Maybe ,if somebody if a loose end later this week perhaps you could let me buy you a drink and I hear your impressions of living there?
Bren

Margaretta
24-08-2016, 15:32
Hi Bren,
Sorry we weren't there and I haven't seen your post until now. Wish more people would contribute to this site. I hope that water meter has been installed and that you have moved in or are at least furnished.
A very friendly bar to meet the locals is El Faro. Café Tolcan does great lunches as well as Amigos and evening meals.
Hope all is well and that you have good neighbours! Best wishes for your new home.

Bren111
02-09-2016, 10:21
Hi Margaretta
Thanks for your reply.
Still haven't had water or electric connected .the electric metre is there ,both services are in the building so it should be a simple enough matter of connecting up.
But after more than four months ,still nothing. Luckily we didn't sell /rent out our house here with intention to move there immediately.
The lawyer who represented me at Notario has been on to them but to no avail.
As for good neighbours ,that's another story, you wouldn't believe it if i told you.
I assume we'll get there some day.

Margaretta
11-09-2016, 14:32
Hello again Bren111!
Shocked that you are still waiting for utilities; seems very odd indeed.
Hopefully you are there by now. Do pm me and let me know whereabouts you are moving in case I can help in any way. Neighbours sound intriguing.....
Very best wishes.

Bren111
12-09-2016, 10:18
Intriguing is hardly the word I would use Margaretta.
Old couple living downstairs ,guy reckons he's El Presedente ,but he's not. Anyway about a month after taking over I asked somebody to pop in and check up on apartment .They couldn't get in ;locks changed in both main door and mine .
He denied it but admitted to changing lock on main door.
There are only six apts in block ,he and family own two . I see trouble ahead

Margaretta
17-09-2016, 15:59
I have just read this! How extraordinary and yes, worrying. I suppose lots of photos and a good lawyer will help. Maybe it will be resolved when you are in residence and can find out a lot more?

Iannik
01-10-2016, 12:30
We have just purchased an apartment in Llano de Camello. Our first visit won't be for a couple of months due to work and children at school. But can't wait to get there.
Have read through this thread and found some interesting (albeit from a few years ago) info. Would love some uptodate details of things going on in and around the area.

Bren111
09-10-2016, 11:53
Just to update you Margaretta ,now they say it may be connected in the next three weeks

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Iannik , I see you have bought north of TF1 ,I am south .
Not very familiar with las Chafiras though I owned in LA for about ten years.
Keep in touch

Margaretta
22-10-2016, 09:10
Bren 111, hope all is well!
We are just back from two and a half weeks in Tenerife and it has been exceptionally hot! We didn't go far as hubby has a knee and leg problem at the moment. It is still a luxury to swim in a pool in the sunshine in October and horrid to come back to the grey sky, cold and thick mist.
This is the time for bougainvillea; it was at its best flowering profusely over walls and fences. We did make it to Vilaflor one day; the usual California poppies were not blooming at this time but the terraces were white with what looked like snow! As we approached the village I decided the white was of geraniums ....maybe to be clustered in town squares for the famous 'White Nights' celebrations. "No, they're strawberry flowers!" declared hubby. As we descended from the village we realised that we had both been wrong: they were potato plants in flower.
I'm really worried about Elfrida and Ermintrude or Eric and Ernie as husband likes to call them. Our two camels are suffering earthworks all around and I'm so hoping they won't be damaged. The clever way in which they are made and how they have brown shadows at night makes them so unique and means that they are very special sculptures and reflect the name of the area and the history of how crops were transported from San Miguel and villages on the mountains to the coastal markets. We are not sure but it looks like they will be at the centre of a new roundabout between the San Miguel Road and our avenue. The road may filter away from there straight onto the TF1 thereby lessening the queues onto the Chafiras roundabouts but it's confusing at the moment. Problems will arise. If there is a new roundabout there will only be two camels! For the Christmas scene we need another: Eduardo or Esmeralda. Gotta have THREE camels!
As we arrived on the estate from the airport we were excited to see new signs on various buildings, finished and unfinished. Then our proposed supermarket by the avenue had a huge new sign: 'En Venta'. Did it mean something different to the usual 'Se Vende?' I wondered whether it meant 'In the process of being sold', I hoped anyway. Put the question on 'General Tenerife Chat' here and found that it was the posh way of saying 'Se vende.' Very disappointing but with the new roundabout? alongside maybe someone will see that the foundations and basic structure is in place, the metal needs to be shotblasted but while in situ and we could soon have our shopping complex for the growing village.
We need a Mayor to fight for us. Some of the scrubland could be tidied and made into simple walking and recreation areas until sold for development. A group of children have taken all manner of things to the centre of one parcel and are involved in creative play for hours. Better and healthier to be outside and imaginative than indoors on the computer like me!
When, oh when will the formal park be opened? Why are the final bits and pieces taking sooooo long? The plants there are maturing wonderfully as are those on the avenue.
The new garage...Oceanus? is doing a brisk trade, in the cafeteria also. I don't think the new one being built on the other side of the San Miguel Road will offer much competition. More building is happening down near the boot fair area....naves? I so wish they would complete the buildings left during the recession before starting new but hubby thinks smaller warehouses are the way to go. Some of the huge ones would be too expensive to rent.
It's never dull in Llano del Camello.

Margaretta
18-01-2017, 00:10
The making of the camels roundabout is causing long, frustrating queues at the moment. Our camels are safe but as the roundabout is much enlarged will we get a third? Intrigued by the large bones of a warehouse over tall tanks behind the Dorada storehouse. Do they contain Dorada and can anyone turn on the taps? :)
Still no further progress with the park below Biltmore. The plants are maturing attractively and there are paths. Surely it only needs a little more work for completion and opening? There is a lot of building activity behind the boot fair area and it looks like another warehouse. There seems to be less dog mess...are more people using bags to collect the evidence? That's a good thing and great if everyone does that. We noticed this time that the incessantly barking dogs were no more; maybe communities had at last taken action. One expects dogs to bark, but all day on the balcony is too, too much and very cruel.
What is Radio Decibelios? We couldn't access it with our car radio. Is it local? There is a huge advert along the avenue.
The bar below the lighthouse, El Faro, is very friendly and seems to be doing a variety of tasty tapas daily. Hubby was delighted that they had English football last week. Wish there was a lift back up the hill.
There is not a lot to report this time. The avenida is well used for exercise by all kinds of people and people are generally very friendly and chatty when you wander around. Llano del Camello is a thriving community and happy place to live and holiday.

Bren111
22-01-2017, 12:53
A quick update on our situation
I went over just before Christmas and within a few days had water and electric connected.
I will go again next week and begin to furnish it
It wasn't much fun spending Xmas sleeping on a folding bed with no other furniture

Margaretta
27-01-2017, 00:17
Oh dear Bren111! Not even a Christmas tree? I do hope that you enjoy furnishing your apartment. It will all be worth it in the end. Best wishes for your new home.

ddoyle
29-01-2017, 12:15
Just a brief update for ppl in the LLano del Camello area, the local council have just started working on the walkways in front of El Faro, The plan is to finish paving the area around the exercise equipment. there may also be a move on the park as I saw two men in there on Thursday with some surveying equipment and they spent quite some time in there taking readings and checking levels so hopefully some additional work will be done shortly. I can't understand why they don't work around the clock to finish the roundabout they don't even work weekends on it, it should be at least a seven day a week job to finish it off.

Bren111
01-02-2017, 10:53
Thanks Margaretta , we got it all sorted eventually - except a fridge ,I'll get that on the next trip

ddoyle
16-03-2017, 10:45
Some new developments in the area, more work has started in the park in front of Biltmore, a JCB is currently moving all the rock from the lower RHS of the park and infilling with topsoil. There is a new concrete area on the central walkway opposite the padel court with ramps for wheelchair access, there is also one, further down opposite the market area.Work appears to be starting on the site behind the semi built shopping centre, there is a large JCB on site clearing away rubble. Interesting developments for our up and coming little area.

Margaretta
25-03-2017, 17:02
Wow, thank you ddoyle! :thanx: Just back in the UK and sad to be so. I still have one of your excellent books and must return it. We have tried to meet up again a few times but either you were away or we had friends staying. We'll try again soon.
Yes, the paths need work in the park and on the avenue but there are good signs.....:) We didn't know about that rough area behind the abandoned supermarket building. That's intriguing.
We just can't see that the new roundabout will really help the traffic when it's finished as there will still be blockages at the two smaller roundabouts in Las Chafiras. We'll wait and see!:spin:

ddoyle
30-03-2017, 15:32
Hi Margaretta, it has been some time since our paths crossed, we are becoming swallows as we seem to spend as much time back home as we do here this past coupe of years. I have just returned from my latest trip home, the park is looking very lovely with lots of landscaping going on and lots of new trees and shrubs planted in the past couple of weeks.The road works continue and seem to extend right down to the roundabout at Las Chafiras the area will look very nice when all the remedial works are finished, Helen goes home for an extended visit soon we just can't get enough of our new grandson, he is a major pull factor in our decision to relocate back home which we will do later in the year. I trust both of you are keeping well and it would be nice to share a glass of wine with you if possible before we go home.
regards David.

Margaretta
05-04-2017, 13:10
Dear David, I have sent you a p.m. Margaretta x

Liftman
02-07-2017, 13:53
Just been to L del C for the car boot market.
I have now seen the famous never opening park. It looks lovely and mature, at first I thought it was a palm farm! Can't see why it isn't open.

This looks like a nice residential area, clean, compact and well cared for

Margaretta
10-07-2017, 21:36
Just been to L del C for the car boot market.
I have now seen the famous never opening park. It looks lovely and mature, at first I thought it was a palm farm! Can't see why it isn't open.

This looks like a nice residential area, clean, compact and well cared for

It's great Liftman. We have watched it develop for eleven years. Eventually it will all be built upon and the supermarket finished. The recession left a number of 'parcelas' undeveloped but it's started again. Llano del Camello is in an ideal situation. We have loved living there and I was heartbroken when we sold a couple of months ago. But we'll always have a great affection for the area, its originality and its friendly people.

Margaretta
06-08-2018, 14:20
Although we no longer have our apartment in Llano del Camello we return to Tenerife at intervals and would love to know what is happening in the area. Has the park opened yet? The poor plants may be dried to a crisp but it's amazing how they liven up when the rains come.
Are any parcelas being developed and is there any news on the supermarket being built? Would love to hear some news!