PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork Getting Married In Tenerife

Emmity
25-11-2011, 14:02
Hi I am currently a resident here and would love to get married here, can anyone give me any idea how easy it would be? All the websites I look at seem to be for people who do NOT live here and I am getting more and more confused!!
I was under the impression initially that I needed to go to the Adjuntamiento and register there and it was quite straightforward, but as I say all the confusion with registering in the UK etc is getting me too confused to know where I am!
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

chifleta
25-11-2011, 16:33
Might be worth giving the British Consulate in Santa Cruz a call.... I had a licence to get married 20 years ago but never quite got round to it LOL but can't remember how we organised it :) sorry can't be more help, but maybe the Consultate will ... good luck and congrats :goodluck:

tracy hampshire
25-11-2011, 17:06
go to your local registro civil and they will give you a list of the required documents for your area, these can differ slightly depending where you live, i'm currently getting my paperwork together and i live in puerto de la cruz, you do need to register with the ayuntamiento, you will also have to prove where you have been living for the last 2 years,i'm lucky as have been regestered here for over 2 years, when you have your list of requirements go to the british consulate in santa cruz and they will help you with all the paperwork most of the documentation is done through them, but before you go register on line with them, in puerto you need a certificate to say you are registered with the consulate,you will need your birth certificate which they will translate into spanish,you will also need to post your marrage bans in the consulate, even though you are getting married here you still have to be married under british law, when you eventually get all your papers together take them back to the registrar they will then be passed to the ayuntamiento, then to santa cruz then back again, and then you will be given dates when you can get married, whilst this is happening i've been told i will get a visit from the local police who will want to look around our apartment to see proof that we are living together,this is for a civil service don't know about a church wedding, it is a very frustrating and expensive process, you are looking at 600 euros plus for the paperwork, for one person, so it's a pain in the backside but not impossible, let me know if you need anymore help.

chifleta
25-11-2011, 17:11
they will then be passed to the ayuntamiento, then to santa cruz then back again.............................. it is a very frustrating and expensive process, you are looking at 600 euros plus for the paperwork, for one person, so it's a pain in the backside but not impossible, let me know if you need anymore help.

I had to LOL at the passed back and forth bit hehehe, typical Tenerife then .............. and WOW at the 600€, I don't think we paid anything 20 years ago for our licence.... oh bugger, I wish i'd got married back then now hehehehe..... oh well, another 20 year wait won't do us any harm, i've made him wait this long :laugh:

tracy hampshire
25-11-2011, 17:23
make him wait , 124 euros just for birth certificate, 80 to post the bans plus another 80 for the certificate to say you've posted them the list goes on lol:spin:

chifleta
25-11-2011, 17:36
make him wait , 124 euros just for birth certificate, 80 to post the bans plus another 80 for the certificate to say you've posted them the list goes on lol:spin:

sheeeeeeesh.............. don't think we'll bother unless we live into our eighties now hehehe :)

Jackie
25-11-2011, 18:49
Due to the cost of the paper work here most people I know who have married while living here tend to go to Gibraltar and tie the knot, and that includes Canarian friends. Works out less to have the wedding in Gibraltar plus a weeks holiday than it does for just the paper work here. Why not go the Gibraltar route with close family/friends and then have a blessing here once you are married if there are other people that you would like to invite who can't get to Gibraltar.

tracy hampshire
27-11-2011, 09:55
good luck emmity, will let you know how things progress, with my paperwork .

Emmity
27-11-2011, 15:03
Thank you so much to all of you for this help. I thought it was sounding far too easy!!!
We have lived in Spain for 5 years so its not really like we want to get married in the UK, looks like Gibraltar is the best option.
Funny thing is we did discuss it before coming over here but thought it would be nicer to do it here instead! Paperwork is a nightmare and if Gibraltar makes it easier then I am all for that.
Good Luck Tracy, hope you get it all sorted out soon :)

samnickgodber
27-11-2011, 15:37
Thank you so much to all of you for this help. I thought it was sounding far too easy!!!
We have lived in Spain for 5 years so its not really like we want to get married in the UK, looks like Gibraltar is the best option.
Funny thing is we did discuss it before coming over here but thought it would be nicer to do it here instead! Paperwork is a nightmare and if Gibraltar makes it easier then I am all for that.
Good Luck Tracy, hope you get it all sorted out soon :)

Hiya,
The Gibralter way is sooooo much easier, we got married there last yr,
We contacted them by email which they wanted from us birth cert, marraige cert (if already been married) + decree absoloutes, copies of passport, they need these for both bride and groom, i sent ours by email to start with and then took the originals over with us, we gave them a date we wanted and they pencilled it in for us,,,, we arrived in Malaga on the Tuesday stayed over night and then travelled down to Gibraltar by buses on the Weds, we visited the registry office on the Thursday with all our original paperwork and to pay for the fees and certs, and turned up the following morning to get married travelled back here on the Sunday married,,,,
If you need any help please just ask,,, you can find the email and phone numbers and all the bus information on line,,,,

Good luck

Emmity
29-11-2011, 15:29
thats brilliant! Thank you so much for that. I looked at Gibraltar when we lived on the mainland and wish we had done it before coming here now, but better late than never i guess :) Just gotta save some money now and we can get the ball rolling.
Thanks again to everyone for your help

Nadine Garcia B
02-12-2011, 21:20
Hi Emmity!

We arrange all the paperwork for civil weddings for residents and non residents.
It`s no problem to do it in Tenerife and you don`t have to go to Gibraltar ;-)

For more details contact me at planner@myperfectwedding.eu
www.myperfectwedding.eu

Nadine

neilandsharon
14-01-2012, 19:12
hi guys
me and sharon r wanting to get married in tenerife, sharons parents have had a house over there for the last 25 years so am over there quite a bit, we have heard it is hard to get married there but just wondering if anyone had any info for us please
thanks alot neil and sharon

henry
14-01-2012, 19:40
i think you have to get a licence from the court house in las americas!! ask the police at the court house and they help you out there. sorry i donīt know much. but i know people get their licence there at the court house

deano
14-01-2012, 21:39
If you are on Facebook then add Marriage Celebrant Tenerife as a friend, she'll be able to answer any questions you have as well as helping you with the ceremony!! Good luck!

Duende1
18-01-2012, 16:01
We did it Tenerife about a year ago complete with queueing outside the courthouse at 6am and trips to Santa Cruz. It was a pain but all part of life here!