PDA

View Full Version : Other Tandem Paragliding in Tenerife

mariben
25-11-2011, 17:04
Hi, Can anybody tell me where is the best place to book for a Tandem paragliding flight here in the south of Tenerife. cheers

emskie
25-11-2011, 17:41
You can book on line with www.tenerifesunshine.com one of the advertisers on here:)

nurse ratchet
25-11-2011, 20:55
Better still (in my opinion) you contact a paraglider himself, as I did in 2008 when I flew tandem off the hill near Taucho. The guy who took me is very experienced and a nice guy as well. Difficult to book a specific time and date well in advance as whether or not they fly depends entirely on the weather, particularly the wind direction.

The guy I flew with is called Fran and his website is

http://www.parapentetf.com/uk/ukfotos.html

mariben
26-11-2011, 10:02
Better still (in my opinion) you contact a paraglider himself, as I did in 2008 when I flew tandem off the hill near Taucho. The guy who took me is very experienced and a nice guy as well. Difficult to book a specific time and date well in advance as whether or not they fly depends entirely on the weather, particularly the wind direction.

The guy I flew with is called Fran and his website is

http://www.parapentetf.com/uk/ukfotos.htmlHi Thanks for that, I did contact this guy Fran and the school is closed. thanks for your help

Added after 3 minutes:

You can book on line with www.tenerifesunshine.com one of the advertisers on here:)Hi Thanks I have e-mailed them, so hopefully they will contact me. I want to book a flight as a Christmas gift for my partner so I'm hoping they do vouchers. cheers

garlicbread
26-11-2011, 11:02
Hi Thanks for that, I did contact this guy Fran and the school is closed. thanks for your help

Added after 3 minutes:

Hi Thanks I have e-mailed them, so hopefully they will contact me. I want to book a flight as a Christmas gift for my partner so I'm hoping they do vouchers. cheers

I wasn't aware that Fran had stopped flying but a friend of mine flew with this guy last year so here's another one for you to contact.

http://www.ibrafly.net/en/index.php

mariben
28-11-2011, 09:51
I wasn't aware that Fran had stopped flying but a friend of mine flew with this guy last year so here's another one for you to contact.

http://www.ibrafly.net/en/index.php Thank you everybody for your relpies, all sorted now, my partner will be so pleased.

garlicbread
28-11-2011, 11:19
Thank you everybody for your relpies, all sorted now, my partner will be so pleased.

So, who are you flying with, might be a useful contact for other Forum members?

mariben
28-11-2011, 13:41
So, who are you flying with, might be a useful contact for other Forum members? I contacted www.para42.com and a guy called Henry got back to me, he speaks English he was very helpful said they can do a gift voucher and you pay the day you go to fly, thats great.

mossy
28-11-2011, 14:57
How much is it?The only price i could see on their site is 550 eur for tenerife???

mariben
28-11-2011, 15:30
How much is it?The only price i could see on their site is 550 eur for tenerife??? Its 90€ for the tandem flight, and they leave from Taucho.

mossy
28-11-2011, 16:30
Ah,thanks,just yesterday i saw one landing near Siam Park and i thought i should try it,for 90 eu i think i might :spin:

mariben
28-11-2011, 16:52
Ah,thanks,just yesterday i saw one landing near Siam Park and i thought i should try it,for 90 eu i think i might :spin: Yes I thought that was a good price too. enjoy your flight.

bonitatime
28-11-2011, 16:59
This has to be the most super experience. There is a group over here from Poland right now. they come every year and have a really great time. Not sure I am brave enough to do it though.

mariben
29-11-2011, 09:14
This has to be the most super experience. There is a group over here from Poland right now. they come every year and have a really great time. Not sure I am brave enough to do it though.

I have to agree with you there, It looks great but its not for me, we have lived here almost 6 years and my partner and I have watched them from our house and he always says I going to do that one day, so now he will.

Vortex Wake
29-11-2011, 10:36
Is taking up your own camera allowed I wonder?

mariben
29-11-2011, 10:48
Is taking up your own camera allowed I wonder? It said in any the other adverts I looked at not to forget your camera so I don't think this one will be any different.

Vortex Wake
29-11-2011, 10:51
I'll get a Hero HD2 on order then ..............

:)

garlicbread
29-11-2011, 13:38
Is taking up your own camera allowed I wonder?

Yes it is but from my experience you'll need to have it hanging (securely) around your neck as you need both hands free for take off.

bilgar16
27-11-2012, 11:32
No need for your own camera.

I flew with Henry last Friday. It was great! My first time. Can't wait to go some more.

A camera is included in the price. I took my own SD chip so was able to come away with my video. Otherwise you may have to wait 'til they can use a computer to transfer it over.

It was just over 1.2GB - 11 mins long. Bit short but it's luck-o-the-draw with wind direction/strength, etc.

Cheers, Bill.

Here's the link to my flight, on YouTube: http://youtu.be/lGulrrMIe_M