PDA

View Full Version : Full/Empty Car hire Fuel Policy Record Car Hire

barryk
27-11-2011, 11:21
Does anyone know any Car hire firms that operate a reasonable Full/Empty fuel policy.

Just been charged by Record Car Hire 75 euros for a tank of petrol for a Ford Fiesta on Mallorca:mad:.

Works out at 1.78 euro a litre. Know I know why it is call "Record"

Just beware it may be worth going to one of the bigger boys and paying the extra and have a full/full agreement if you are not going to use it all

Barryk

:mad:

Jackie
27-11-2011, 11:31
There are plenty of threads on here about this. Autoreisen/Orcar (same company) at the South Airport are one of the very few companies that do NOT charge for a full tank. You take the car back with the same amount of petrol you received it with. Their prices for car hire are pretty reasonable as well often ending up with an upgrade. My son was here last week and it cost him 90 euros for 10 days and that is everything, no hidden extras.

mrstip
09-03-2012, 12:14
I think you will find this useful:-

www.carhirefuelpolicy.com

Regards
Mrs Tip

tfs1
11-03-2012, 18:56
All the carhire companies I have used in Spain adopted the full / empty policy on hires of 3 days or more, cheap or expensive rental prices - it made no difference.

Last year a couple did full/full on hires of more than 3 days but quickly dropped it when they found out they were not making the same amount of money or attracting extra customers because of it.

One of those doing it, Auriga Crown are/have gone bust, when we hired from them this January they were about to lay off all staff and were getting rid of their cars - not seen news of their final demise but either hanging in with a few cars or now gone without a trace.

TFS1

ps only use AutoReisen in Tenerife due to their honest simple hire practices, no extra insurances, quick at handing you the car keys and simple mature deal on fuel.

Vortex Wake
11-03-2012, 19:53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOGQ2j86t08&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BobMac
12-03-2012, 10:46
Totally agree with the others, it has to be Autoreisen - you don't always get a brand new car but you don't get hassled for extras and you take it back with the same amount of fuel you pick it up with.

It's nice and easy to follow their policy.

They are also one of the cheapest on the island as well.