PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions for friendly bars in Fanabe, Tenerife?

37David
08-06-2011, 13:00
Hi all, I'm off to Fanabe for a week on Friday. I really need a break from the dull work existence so I thought stuff it and booked a week on my own in Tenerife. Beats June at home!

So any ideas or recommendations of bars etc to go to where I'll feel welcome and there is a good friendly atmosphere would be welcome!!

Cheers

chris
08-06-2011, 13:04
Hi all, I'm off to Fanabe for a week on Friday. I really need a break from the dull work existence so I thought stuff it and booked a week on my own in Tenerife. Beats June at home!

So any ideas or recommendations of bars etc to go to where I'll feel welcome and there is a good friendly atmosphere would be welcome!!

Cheers

Welcome to the forum 37David, you could try The Pub in Torviscas always a good night

Bazz
08-06-2011, 13:15
The Moonlight Bar is the place to be! :mexicanwave2::cheers:

tendedburrito
08-06-2011, 13:18
or Ye olde Ocean / 1st and last along Faņabe beachfront.

karaokejoolz
08-06-2011, 13:21
la guagua and old ocean are great bars:cheers:

AL JAY
08-06-2011, 13:24
Welcome to the forum David, take a look at the link below for St Eugens bar, Its opposite San Eugenio shopping centre and the compere Mike Carlton is brilliant.

http://www.mikecarltontenerife.com/mike-carlton-compere-eugenes-cabaret-bar-tenerife/index.php?page=home-mike-carlton-compere-eugens-bar-tenerife

Mawkin
08-06-2011, 14:33
You could always pop in to the News Cafe if you go near The Pub.

tonypub
08-06-2011, 14:34
the colonial bar next door to burger king on fanabe beach front

bonitatime
08-06-2011, 17:27
The pub seems a friendly place, if you fancy a snack the Rebumbio is a good place in CC Faņabe Plaza.

AL JAY
08-06-2011, 17:31
The "PUB" also has an outside terrace and Tony serves a nice pint!

Minnie Mouse
08-06-2011, 19:06
La GuaGua is the place to be! Huge bar, excellent compere, very friendly staff and drinks very reasonably priced. They all have live entertainment on every night :crazy:

marbro8
08-06-2011, 19:20
deffo try the pub like being at home but in the sun:eyebrows: also the moonlight bar good entertainment and kareoke, and if you are into rock bands just underneath the moonlight bar next to mcdonalds one of the best bands on the island SOUNDCHASER :lol:

wen53
09-06-2011, 01:19
La GuaGua is the place to be! Huge bar, excellent compere, very friendly staff and drinks very reasonably priced. They all have live entertainment on every night :crazy:
Just wondered if this was a recent visit, as the compare and staff were 'laid off':confused: a couple of months ago. The place was great when I went last July/August. The compare, Davey, is now at The Pub so I shall be going there instead.:cheers:

coxan56
09-06-2011, 08:03
Hi Can you tell me where The Pub is please, directions from Royal Sunset Beach Club

thanks Ann

Stoney
09-06-2011, 10:03
On Fanabe beach front :- At one end you have Divine if you like Soul Music, in the middle are various watering holes with different acts each night or if you fancy it Karoke, at the other end is Moonlight a great bar with nightly acts. Go to the San Eugenio Centre, there you will find St Eugens another great bar with diffenent acts each night and opposite are two Irish Bars, plus quite a few others just up the road. If walking to the Centre from Fanabe you will pass Harleys American Diner the have bands 5 nights a week and do great cocktails. If you fancy a quieter night drinking there are various bars in Puerto Colon, some do have entertainment on as well.

Added after 2 minutes:

Ann the Pub is just up the road from the Wigan Pier, opposite Mare Verde apartments, if that doesn't help just walk towards the Skypark and you will find it.

with cheese
09-06-2011, 10:06
Tony will give you a free beer if you take a party of 25 with you. sorry didn't mean to plug and bump it just happened.

1dylan
11-06-2011, 18:53
The Original Wigan Pier has a good friendly atmosphere and the staff are very friendly they also have good acts on most nights

ILoveTenerife
27-06-2011, 17:27
I'm off to Playa Fanabe on Friday as well. I can also recommend the Moonlight Bar for a good night out. Maybe might see you up there? :)

I have never been to Tony's Pub before but I have heard lots of good stuff about it...might have to try it this time round!

Have a good holiday :)

Stoney
27-06-2011, 17:57
If you like soul music go to Divine its on the beach front last block going towards Del Duque

paulinelewis
06-07-2011, 01:09
Original Wigan Pier an excellent pub. Welcome families. Staff always friendly, great entertainment, good food and of course excellent drinks at a good price. Will be there in 4 weeks time :cheers:

lewlew
06-07-2011, 21:38
Will be there in 4 weeks time :cheers:

So will I. See you there...:whistle:

slummymummy
23-07-2011, 12:35
It's a bit late for your visit now maybe but Charlie's on the beach front is great! Friendly staff, good food and frosty beers! Excellent value for money.... You can't miss Charlie's there are two welsh dragons hanging out on the terrace.

I have read someone recomending Divine here and have say in my opinion some of the live acts are very good, It is however repetative! Same songs, same order everynight. The drinks are also overpriced too. I don't wish to recieve any negative comments about this so I will say again that this is just my opinion.