PDA

View Full Version : Bars The Welcome, Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife.

tracy hampshire
27-11-2011, 23:58
i live in puerto so don't eat out very often, on a tight budget, but i would recomend to anyone a visit to the welcome bar on the avenieda, i have had there english breakfast & fish & chips ( only friday) both exellent and good value for money, the owners are very welcoming ( excuse the pun) but it is a great little bar and well worth a visit :cheeky:

Megaloo
28-11-2011, 15:03
i live in puerto so don't eat out very often, on a tight budget, but i would recomend to anyone a visit to the welcome bar on the avenieda, i have had there english breakfast & fish & chips ( only friday) both exellent and good value for money, the owners are very welcoming ( excuse the pun) but it is a great little bar and well worth a visit :cheeky:

I also have heard some good reports re this Bar especially the Fish and Chips better to book now the Swallows:cheeky: are back

canarianchicken
28-11-2011, 17:26
yes indeed, the food is spot on. Fish and Chips Fridays is a great success. My favourite little bar in Puerto.

Leo (from Cuba) and Michael (from England) are really genuine people and their bar is spotlessly clean and a friendly place to be.

I hold a quiz night there every few weeks and the next one is on Friday December 9th. It will be the Christmas Quiz.

tracy hampshire
29-11-2011, 10:09
quiz nights are fantastic, great fun, need to get there early, it gets very busy.

melm
29-11-2011, 19:48
We visited the Welcome Inn many times earlier this year and agree it is a smashing little bar. lovely guys and lovely food. Roll on January when we will be out again ........my family will enjoy many a breakfast there during their holiday.

Any quiz nights arranged for January? Any Cabaret arranged for the Las Vegas ? Love your show!!!!!!!

tracy hampshire
01-12-2011, 21:27
might see you in there in january, and will let you know when the january quiz is on as soon as i get to know :cheeky:

tracy hampshire
17-12-2011, 09:45
next quiz night with john sharples is dec 23rd, should be a great night :welcome:

Ecky Thump
17-12-2011, 11:24
next quiz night with john sharples is dec 23rd, should be a great night :welcome:

Tracy, you are a great ambassador for the "The Welcome" praising its food, its quiz nights etc., do you work there?:)

tracy hampshire
17-12-2011, 14:18
ha ha , out of work at the moment, just think it's a nice little bar x

melm
17-12-2011, 15:14
We dont arrive until 26th December.......sorry we will miss John on the 23rd. have a great night i am sure you will.

Will find out when we are over if there is anything planned for January.

I agree it is a smashing little bar. Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a good new year.

Redevo
27-12-2012, 12:35
Hi can anyone tell me where abouts in Puerto the Welcome is ?

Megaloo
27-12-2012, 15:08
Almost opposite the Xibana Hotel just along from Mapfie Insurance which is the turning just behind the main Avenida.

Walking away from sea it is on the right hand side going towards Bel air.

Redevo
30-12-2012, 12:22
Almost opposite the Xibana Hotel just along from Mapfie Insurance which is the turning just behind the main Avenida.

Walking away from sea it is on the right hand side going towards Bel air.

I found it it's now on Calle De Valois by the red and white crossing , we had the fish and chips last Fri night , very large helping great value at 7.95 euro each .