PDA

View Full Version : Television Why so many question re British TV

colin7777
28-11-2011, 16:00
I am amazed there are so many questions and comments regarding British TV.

Is it really missed that much, I thought there would be plenty of things to do in Tenerife besides sitting in doors and watching TV.

There must be more interesting things !!!

Is there ????

Colin

YOUNG GOLFER
28-11-2011, 16:05
I am sure many including myself would agree there are lot's to do here in Tenerife.....but also nice to stop in once and a while and watch a bit of TV.:)

Suej
28-11-2011, 16:11
Watching TV is passtime all over the world Colin! itīs not solely a Brit thing??? thereīs loads of interesting things to do and plenty of time to also watch some TV too! We like to watch certain programmes otherwise the TV stays off and If I miss them I miss them I never record anything!:)

timmylish
29-11-2011, 01:17
If you watch Spanish TV for long enough you would not be asking!!!!!!

Balcony
29-11-2011, 09:28
Our complex has several English/English-speaking channels streamed in and we share with a 'sister' complex.

As we are only out for leisure, in early days we didn't like to watch TV and at first I found is strangethat so many people asked for 'British TV', thinking, well, 'you're in a foreign country. The TV is foreign'.

In the early days we had the usual array of Spanish channels and these were (probably still are) truly dreadful (as Timmy said). One time we had Italian channels - also dreadful - plus a smattering of German ones. Now we have our 'fixed' range of channels incluing Beebs1&2, ITV and Ch.4.

Though we don't go on holiday to watch TV, we do get those evenings where it's nice to stay home with a glass or two and watch a while! I tend to get fixated by news a day or two before we head home. Seems a need to catch up! But isn't Sky News the worst news channel you could imagine?

balcon
29-11-2011, 10:13
When you live here, after an eight or nine hour day at work, sometimes you just want to get home and relax, and there's nothing better than a nice homecooked meal and a bit of British TV ....... we do enjoy the many wonderful things to do and see in Tenerife, but life is so different as a resident, rather than a tourist .....

Suej
29-11-2011, 14:05
When you live here, after an eight or nine hour day at work, sometimes you just want to get home and relax, and there's nothing better than a nice homecooked meal and a bit of British TV ....... we do enjoy the many wonderful things to do and see in Tenerife, but life is so different as a resident, rather than a tourist .....

I didnīt think of that! perhaps Colin is not a resident and thinks that most of the members are tourists!