PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 4th December 2011 - CD Tenerife vs Atletico Madrid B

Fred Perry
29-11-2011, 00:45
SUNDAY 4TH DECEMBER
KICK OFF MIDDAY

CD TENERIFE vs ATLETICO MADRID B

With leaders Real madrid b having a difficult match against on form Real Oviedo and CD Lugo away to 5th placed Rayo b obviously a home win will hopefully see the blanquiazules make up ground. Atletico B are having a good season themselves though sitting nicely in 8th place, so it will be a tough game.

The team will be back to almost full stregnth for the first time in many weeks. Kiko is back from injury and Medina returns from suspension.

Fred Perry
03-12-2011, 11:25
COACH SOLD OUT FOR SUNDAY. If you have´nt yet booked on I am afraid it is a bit like the half-time sandwiches in the Heliodoro Stadium - TOUGH!

bonitatime
03-12-2011, 11:43
They can always catch the 110 from the bus station and make their own way.

Davie Thistle
03-12-2011, 14:19
..........on telly?

emdy gota wee link?

tamucha.

:spin:

Fred Perry
03-12-2011, 14:28
No tv coverage at all I am afraid.

Game live on OasisFM from 11.45am though - http://www.oasisfm.com/

Live updates on Armada Sur twitter - http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=armadasur

and also in English on Soy del Tete - https://twitter.com/#!/SoyDelTete

redarrow
03-12-2011, 18:55
Match day sheet on the Armada Sur (http://www.armadasur.com) website now.

FinnKris
04-12-2011, 13:45
0-0 at Half time CD Tenerife vs Atletico Madrid B

Added after 4 minutes:

Listening to the game on oasisfm.com it sounded like Atletico started the game brightly, but CDT came back in the game after 10-15 mins & dominated creating a couple of chances. Then towards the end of the first half Atletico hit the crossbar out of nothing & got a bit of momentum from that. But still CDT with the best of the half, hope we can convert that into a win second half.

Added after 16 minutes:

The line up pretty much as expected, a curious if not even weird change though, Medina (normally in central defense) playing in midfield (presumably as defensive midfielder) and Kitoko in his place in defense. Makes little sense to me as I thought Kitoko didn't impress in defense last game vs Lugo so not sure what the coach is after here.

Kiko Raton on the bench, not sure if that is tactical or if he isn't yet fit enough to start.

Added after 42 minutes:

0-0 Full Time Score CD Tenerife vs Atletico Madrid B

Added after 13 minutes:

Extremely disappointing result this. Judging by the commentary on Oasis FM CDT didn’t really have a decent chance in the second half until the very end whereas Atletico hit the bar again & nearly stole it at the death. So could have been worse but with the way we have played away from home never looking like winning we just can’t afford to drop points at home like this unfortunately.

Feels a bit silly to be so negative given that we will still be in the top4 after today, but the last 3 games haven't been good, and there is a pack chasing us for the playoff spots so we need to improve quickly. Our goals against record is on paper very good, but that is more due to luck and Sergio's brilliance than solid defending. And attacking-wise we have a lot of neat little possession but not enough end product for my liking.

bonitatime
04-12-2011, 18:11
Although we only drew the atmosphere in the stadium was really good which was a reflection of the fact the players seemed less scared in the second half and played better what ever Roscoe says.
It has been stated by the club repeatedly that they are looking for an offensive midfielder and a forward both of which will give us more attacking power. Pablo will be back in January by all accounts which will strengthen the defense. I can't comment on other nations leagues but 2b here us Spain is not a particularly great level. Games are regarded as bitty and Castillas loss today shows how even the teams really are.
For those who have been following the team a while will remember the year we went up to la Liga we were only doing fairly well up to February.

Fred Perry
04-12-2011, 19:11
I thought it was one of Tenerife´s better performances today for sure. We played alot better than the last two home games (even though we won those games). The flow in the play was there and for a 0-0 it was´nt a bad game, atleti were going for it and we had good spells. Obvioulsy the fact that Atleti hit the bar twice will mean they will feel hard done by so we were a bit lucky again. Crazy last minute as both teams could have scored.

The crowd were good again today especially during a period in the 1st half when everyone was animating.
Frustrating at times(our full backs seem reluctant to venture forward) but Atleti are a good away side. Real Madrid B lost at home 1-3 to Oviedo and CD Lugo scrapped a 2-2 draw in the 92nd minute. It would have been a great weekend to win.

The chasing pack down to 9th place, including Albacete(ha ha they have just conceeded in injury time to draw at home), failed to win today. So all in all quite a good weekend´s set of results.

gazza
05-12-2011, 09:27
Photos CDT V At Madrid
http://www.garyhill-photography.com/#/cdt-v-atletico-madrid-b/4558233103