PDA

View Full Version : Administrators - Why are my messages for support not being answered?

TIS
29-11-2011, 02:25
I have requested to know why the edit facility on the forum (since its demise and resurrection) simply does not work, only to find my thread being deleted and not answered. I can't be the only one experiencing this problem.
If you post a reply and then realise you need to change it, for whatever reason, click on edit ....... and nothing happens. One needs to then click on Go advanced and the edit box is enabled.

And now another query - how do I change the title of a thread I started. Looks like only the Administrators have this power, which I think is wrong to take it away form the OP.

tonypub
29-11-2011, 02:27
I have requested to know why the edit facility on the forum (since its demise and resurrection) simply does not work, only to find my thread being deleted and not answered. I can't be the only one experiencing this problem.
If you post a reply and then realise you need to change it, for whatever reason, click on edit ....... and nothing happens. One needs to then click on Go advanced and the edit box is enabled.

And now another query - how do I change the title of a thread I started. Looks like only the Administrators have this power, which I think is wrong to take it away form the OP.my edit works fine

AL JAY
29-11-2011, 03:07
You probably need to alter your settings TIS.

TIS
29-11-2011, 03:22
That's good, but it doesn't help me though.

So are you gonna let us into the secret of what and where?

AL JAY
29-11-2011, 03:35
You can go to settings,top right and then go to general settings and see what boxes are ticked,someone else was having similar problems and Slodge sorted it,send him a PM . I think thread titles can only be changed by Admin!

p.s my edit facility works ok.

TenerifeTeddy
29-11-2011, 08:44
It does seem that the mods have to alter titles, so send us a PM if you need to change something. Sorry not to have been on the forum much lately but we opened our Learning Centre in Callao this month and our spare time is extremely limited at the moment!