PDA

View Full Version : Tenerife tourists increase

Canarian Weekly
29-11-2011, 15:00
TENERIFE in October recorded a total of 455,205 tourists staying in tourist establishments on the island, a figure that represents an increase of 5 percent over the same month in 2010. Provisional data for Inbound Tourism Statistics, prepared by the council and analyzed by the Department of Tenerife Tourism Research, show that the indicators are [...]

More... (http://www.canarianweekly.com/tenerife-tourists-increase/)

BobMac
29-11-2011, 15:57
Has it though, or has there been a corresponding drop in the number staying in non-touristic establishments (AKA Illegal Lets) ??

nelson
29-11-2011, 17:25
what would be valuble would be postings from bar/restuarant owners about trade this past summer. What was trade like back then ? A lot of the tourist increse is hotel AI deals, not a help to the bars /restuarants. The feeling I got in resort in october was that things were quiet as it stood. My opinion is that the massive pulling of internet ads will cause an absolute biblical disaster next summer. This winter the bookings are in so any problems will be slight. Added to this if N africa/Egypt calms down tourists will return there that will hurt too, and some of the present numbers increase is down to that factor.

I think that the island economy is quietly paddling down a tranquil river, unaware that round the next bend is niagra falls !

The incredible think is that the local politicians are not argueing these points both ways. There appaears to be no concern from any part of the political spectrum , with points to make either way.