PDA

View Full Version : How can I make a new post on a thread where I was the last poster?

beerfan
02-12-2011, 19:50
As title.

I want to make a new post but I can't do so because every reply gets appended to my last one. Is it possible to change this in the settings or similar?

Many thanks.

AL JAY
02-12-2011, 21:58
I don't think there is a facility in general settings to do that, I have the same problem on my music thread and either have to wait for another poster to add to the thread or wait till the next day otherwise it merges consecutive posts.If its on your excellent pics thread i will add a post so you should be sorted!

beerfan
02-12-2011, 22:00
I don't think there is a facility in general settings to do that, I have the same problem on my music thread and either have to wait for another poster to add to the thread or wait till the next day otherwise it merges consecutive posts.If its on your excellent pics thread i will add a post so you should be sorted!

On most other forums you can post straight after a post should you so choose. This should be easy for the mods to rectify.

AL JAY
02-12-2011, 22:05
On most other forums you can post straight after a post should you so choose. This should be easy for the mods to rectify.

I agree totally, the only time it works at present is if your post starts a new page!

Ian55
02-12-2011, 22:06

Ah easier said than done beerfan if you would like to post a help ticket via the 'contact us' on the forum home page i am sure it will be looked

canarybird
02-12-2011, 22:14
I had the same problem on my posts on the North Tenerife Weather thread. If I wanted to add a new weather comment later in the same day, it became appended to the last post, including repeating the whole of the last post, until either someone posted a comment or until the next day.

There´s a part of the vBulletin programming which prevents double posting (by the same person) and I had to get help from one of the mods to sort that out, as it can be changed by shortening the time lag between posts by the same person.

Canarybird

beerfan
02-12-2011, 22:45
There´s a part of the vBulletin programming which prevents double posting (by the same person) and I had to get help from one of the mods to sort that out, as it can be changed by shortening the time lag between posts by the same person.

Shortening it to five minutes should be about right.

admin
07-12-2011, 22:13
Sorry. We can't do that. The settings are set as they are to stop bumping of threads (against T&Cs) and flooding (causes problems with the database). You will have to wait about 12 hours between posts if you do not want them to automerge. It was originally set to 24 hours, but was lowered due to the weather threads. :)