PDA

View Full Version : Football Why is Euro 2012 being held in Poland if the FA consider it a racist country?

marbro8
03-12-2011, 22:36
i was talking to my brother in law today and he said that the english FA have advised black fans not to travel to the 2012 european cup because the country is so racist :mad: so why the hell are we taking part:nono: if that is the case why were they chosen to host it with poland in the first place:( surely we should pull out with any other self respecting nations or at the very least chose somewhere else to host it:confused:

karinagal
03-12-2011, 22:43
Wow.. I agree - that's totally unacceptable. I'll watch with interest to see what transpires.. Why haven't the media picked up on this?

beerfan
03-12-2011, 22:46
Wow.. I agree - that's totally unacceptable. I'll watch with interest to see what transpires.. Why haven't the media picked up on this?

The same would apply in Russia as well. Many Russians are extremely racist, with the country containing large neo-Nazi (bizarre, considering Russia's history but that's Russia for you) and racist gangs with black immigrants and tourists frequently being attacked even in Moscow.

Andy0210
03-12-2011, 22:47
More info on Ukraine Racism here......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_and_discrimination_in_Ukraine

marbro8
03-12-2011, 22:49
Wow.. I agree - that's totally unacceptable. I'll watch with interest to see what transpires.. Why haven't the media picked up on this?as i said it was my brother in law that told me but he is usualy very informative, but i was so angry when he told me and i havn't had time to research it yet, but it wouldn't suprise me because of the total apathy of fifa in reguards to wat septic blatter said last week

beerfan
03-12-2011, 22:54
as i said it was my brother in law that told me but he is usualy very informative, but i was so angry when he told me and i havn't had time to research it yet, but it wouldn't suprise me because of the total apathy of fifa in reguards to wat septic blatter said last week

Street racism, for example, is very common in eastern Europe.

I remember a Polish friend of mine (who votes for the Democratic Left Alliance I think who are a social democratic grouping in Poland) told me that people in Poland would never, ever put up with Muslims behaving as they do here in the UK and that they would retaliate - viciously if need be. They have very, very few black people in Poland also - the country is 99% Catholic and, apart from in the border areas, most people there are ethnic Poles.

To find truly racist attitudes that are far stronger than anything seen in the UK, check out some of the records of Eastern European and Balkan countries.

marbro8
03-12-2011, 23:04
The same would apply in Russia as well. Many Russians are extremely racist, with the country containing large neo-Nazi (bizarre, considering Russia's history but that's Russia for you) and racist gangs with black immigrants and tourists frequently being attacked even in Moscow.why should we pamper to them then? i am sure if all or most of the nations stuck together and said "kick racism out of football or face being ostrosized" then they would have to clean their act up:mad: