PDA

View Full Version : Restaurants The Roast House, The Courtyard, Fontana Square, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

VideoMem
08-06-2011, 15:53
:hungry:I have visited the "Roast House" every year since it opened now some time ago circa 1992? The carvery is excellent value for money, well cooked and presented by a smiling chef. In addition, the house menu is varied, cooked to perfection & competitively priced.The service with the greeting and smile from Emma, Louise & Kat is worth the visit by itself!

Foz
07-05-2013, 21:17
Hi .... does anyone know if they are still doing two for one deals on mid-week meals?

marbro8
07-05-2013, 21:52
:hungry:I have visited the "Roast House" every year since it opened now some time ago circa 1992? The carvery is excellent value for money, well cooked and presented by a smiling chef. In addition, the house menu is varied, cooked to perfection & competitively priced.The service with the greeting and smile from Emma, Louise & Kat is worth the visit by itself!totally agree with you mate, we eat there a few times every time we are over, but the owner is always talking about selling up and retiring:laugh:, but his version of what it is worth and what people want to pay for it are so far apart it keeps him there:laugh:

sunspot
07-05-2013, 22:09
The sunday roast is fantastic Cauliflower cheese is to die for, in fact even though its late in the day i could murder one right now

Kiki
07-05-2013, 22:49
I had Christmas dinner there last year, best one i've ever had!

lesbroz
08-05-2013, 22:12
Where is it????

marbro8
08-05-2013, 22:26
Where is it????it's in los cris harbour, there is an ice cream parlour at the front and an asian shop that sells trinkets, it's just behind there in a little courtyard next to the indian sheree punjab and the miners rest:wink:

lesbroz
08-05-2013, 22:30
it's in los cris harbour, there is an ice cream parlour at the front and an asian shop that sells trinkets, it's just behind there in a little courtyard next to the indian sheree punjab and the miners rest:wink:

Gotcha! Many thanks my friend.

Rebelión
08-05-2013, 22:43
:hungry:I have visited the "Roast House" every year since it opened now some time ago circa 1992? The carvery is excellent value for money, well cooked and presented by a smiling chef. In addition, the house menu is varied, cooked to perfection & competitively priced.The service with the greeting and smile from Emma, Louise & Kat is worth the visit by itself!

My friends & I shall try "The Roast House" as we are visiting Los Cristianos soon. You are not the restaurant's PR are you . He Hee

marbro8
08-05-2013, 22:48
My friends & I shall try "The Roast House" as we are visiting Los Cristianos soon. You are not the restaurant's PR are you . He Heefortunately rebelion the roast house is so good that it is one of the few restaurants in tenerife that doesn't need one:wink:

Rebelión
08-05-2013, 22:57
fortunately rebelion the roast house is so good that it is one of the few restaurants in tenerife that doesn't need one:wink:

Thank you Marbro8. It's really good when you have a nice answer.I have seen on my short time on The Tenerife Forum that there are some real charmless people on here, as is the case with most forums?

- - - - - - - - - - merged double post - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry I should have said we will certainly go:)

Kiki
30-06-2013, 16:34
Does anyone know the Roast hours opening hours? I know they shut siesta time but i don't know if they are open late? Thanks

imablue
30-06-2013, 16:44
it used to be 6.00 Of an evening this may help.,....
http://www.bptenerife.com/business/information/20455

Kiki
30-06-2013, 17:33
Thanks imablue it says there 12PM - 4PM AND 6.30PM TO 10PM.

delderek
30-06-2013, 18:14
Thanks imablue it says there 12PM - 4PM AND 6.30PM TO 10PM.

Don't go in after about 8, you will end up with some very dried up food (excluding Sundays)

marbro8
11-10-2015, 22:46
Well it is the end of an era:( The roast house is closing in another 2 weeks time. It has been sold to new Indian owners. And they intend to rent it out to a new owner. It may be someone that wants to continue the roast house theme? It may well be something completely different ? We know that the owner has been trying to sell it for the last 5 years. And he is pleased that he has sold it due to his immediate family not having an interest in running the place after he retires. Apparently they haven't been making much money in the Summer months. No one wants hot roast dinners in 30 deg heat. But surely it is hot all year round here?. Anyway if I had run the business I would diversify it buy changing the menu in the summer months to suitable food. Then bringing the carvery back for the so called winter months from October to March? Anyway it will be sadly missed. It has been an institution on the island for so many years. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it has been a favourite of my family for years:(

macdonald5
11-10-2015, 23:29
Sorry to hear this, I always loved the selection of fresh veg ev n without the meats
Changes all the time !! x

Angusjim
12-10-2015, 06:24
Well it is the end of an era:( The roast house is closing in another 2 weeks time. It has been sold to new Indian owners. And they intend to rent it out to a new owner. It may be someone that wants to continue the roast house theme? It may well be something completely different ? We know that the owner has been trying to sell it for the last 5 years. And he is pleased that he has sold it due to his immediate family not having an interest in running the place after he retires. Apparently they haven't been making much money in the Summer months. No one wants hot roast dinners in 30 deg heat. But surely it is hot all year round here?. Anyway if I had run the business I would diversify it buy changing the menu in the summer months to suitable food. Then bringing the carvery back for the so called winter months from October to March? Anyway it will be sadly missed. It has been an institution on the island for so many years. I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea but it has been a favourite of my family for years:(

Sorry for your loss RIP the Roastie

delderek
12-10-2015, 09:08
I think it was the cost that led to it's downturn. Eating out in Tenerife has always been a lot cheaper than in the UK, but the Roastie price for some reason started to get too high 5 years or so back. That's why I stopped using it much anyway.:cry:

essexeddie
14-10-2015, 09:49
I used to like their fish n chips.

seanocelt
14-10-2015, 13:25
final few days now

marbro8
14-10-2015, 23:42
final few days nowWe walked past the whiskey jar a few times the other day seanocelt and noticed a couple of bars at the side called Eden and playboy. To be honest the playboy looked like a brothel? Or is it a lap dancing club?

seanocelt
15-10-2015, 01:08
yes theres a couple on that street sadly, and hookers opposite in the car park, having said that theres been more cops around so heard of no pickpockets lately, but im only there once a week.

Angusjim
15-10-2015, 06:18
yes theres a couple on that street sadly, and hookers opposite in the car park, having said that theres been more cops around so heard of no pickpockets lately, but im only there once a week.

Glad to see your cutting back:lol::lol:

seanocelt
15-10-2015, 11:32
Glad to see your cutting back:lol::lol:

i AM DEFFO, as of Jan i am doing 5 a week (doing 6 right now some weeks 7 in 6 days).

tfs1
25-10-2015, 09:25
Board placed outside door confirming closure and thanking customers for their support.