PDA

View Full Version : Which cabin should I choose on Armas Ferry from Huelva to Tenerife?

nath
06-12-2011, 20:29
We will be going back to Holland to pick up our car and drive it back down to Spain and then get on the ferry in Huelva. There are a few different cabins to choose from. I was wondering if someone has a link with more information about the differences or even better has experience on one of the Armas Ferries?
The prices are not that much different (2 people with large car with residential discount):
full interior double € 350
double cabin € 375
full interior cabin € 415
quadruple € 480

I think I prefer a cabin with 4 beds since I did see on the site some pictures and with only 2 beds they are above one and other and the cabin is really very small. But I am hoping some people on here have been on the Ferry and can give me some good advise?

jewels
06-12-2011, 22:13
if you book a 4 bed and theres only 2 of you you might end up sharing eek.

We did the portimao to Santa cruz and had a 2 berth with private facilities we couldnt get ready for bed at the same time but we had a giggle,and at the end of the day its only for sleep.

nath
07-12-2011, 01:37
Really? I did not realize this! No, obviously this is not what we would want! Any thoughts of the difference between the first 2 cabins?

jewels
07-12-2011, 11:00
Our beds were one at each side with a small gap in the middle,All i would say is it is really worth the extra money.I couldnt sleep on one of the chairs.It was nice to have a private loo and shower.

nath
07-12-2011, 11:08
Our beds were one at each side with a small gap in the middle,All i would say is it is really worth the extra money.I couldnt sleep on one of the chairs.It was nice to have a private loo and shower.

What was the description of the cabin you booked?I'd rather had a side by side instead of one above the other! I did send an email to Armas asking them a link to show differences in cabins or explanation. I will obviously post here if there is an answer.

jewels
07-12-2011, 13:01
Sorry Im sure we just asked for a twin cabin,cant remember,I will try and find some info and pm you with it,it might take me a day or 2.

nath
07-12-2011, 13:05
If you can find out great if not we have to take our chances. Will be booking within the next few days I hope. And who knows they might just reply to my email....

nath
11-12-2011, 19:53
They did not (yet) get back to me on my email with the question above. I ended up ringing them and first trying to explain in Spanish what I wanted to know and then luckily got transferred to someone who spoke English.
He told me if you book a cabin with 4 beds for only 2 people (or even one) you get the cabin just for yourself. So no sharing! And the only difference between interior and exterior is the exterior ones have a window nothing else is different. Hopefully someone else will be able to use this info one day!

jewels
11-12-2011, 22:46
They did not (yet) get back to me on my email with the question above. I ended up ringing them and first trying to explain in Spanish what I wanted to know and then luckily got transferred to someone who spoke English.
He told me if you book a cabin with 4 beds for only 2 people (or even one) you get the cabin just for yourself. So no sharing! And the only difference between interior and exterior is the exterior ones have a window nothing else is different. Hopefully someone else will be able to use this info one day!

We did have a window,take plenty of snacks with you,although the food was quite good on board.Enjoy the trip

nath
17-01-2012, 10:51
We just got back from our trip and took the ferry as said. I can suggest everyone to book the cheapest cabin (if travelling with 2 people) because we found out even though they offer different cabins (2 bed or 4 beds) they only have one sort of cabin. It saves quite some money this way. It was a nice large cabin. We ended up paying 350 euro's for taking a SUV with the both of us (we did use residencia discount). The trip itself was fine. The food was not that good but if you avoid the chips you'll be fine! Also something we found out (too late) is you can buy coupons when you first arrive at the boat and you pay only 25 euro's for all your meals. (5 in total) this is incl. desserts, drinks (I believe) we paid for only one plate (no drinks or desserts) 7 euro's so well worth it.
Buying drinks ets is not expensive either we thought (in comparison with on a plane) €1.60 for a drink and €2.85 for a small bottle of wine.
Hope someone will benefit from this information!!!