PDA

View Full Version : Long let apartment rental advice needed :)

Tam Rogers
06-12-2011, 23:56
Hello everyone :)

My boyfriend and I are moving to Tenerife in March 2012. We are currently looking at arranging only 2 weeks of short-term accommodation in a house in Las Chafiras to give us some time to find a long term rental property on the south of the island. We are concerned whether 2 weeks will be enough time to get all required documentation and credit checks completed for a long-let property.

We have spent some time browsing this forum and wonder if you more experienced people out there could help us with a few questions we still have:

Do rental agents run a credit check prior to issuing a rental property and how long does that take to complete in Tenerife?

What other documentation is normally required to rent an apartment?

We have looked on enalquiler.com at properties but does anyone know of any websites for independent agents as we are struggling to find other significant ones? Also does anyone know of any good value two bed apartments that might be available to rent for maybe a month from the beginning of March?

Would anyone be happy to recommend a good gestor?

Of course if this is answered in another thread please feel free to point us in the right direction!

Stoney
07-12-2011, 19:40
Hi, as long as you have the rent and a months deposit you can get a long let apt. Saying that they are in high demand at this time of year and the majority of the good ones at reasonable prices have gone. If you go onto the Tenerife Property Guide this will give you an idea of what is available and the agencies that currently have properties. If they don't show a picture its best to avoid that property as they have generally already gone and the people advertising it will try to get you something similar and charge you a finders fee sometimes equivalent to a months rent. If you put on the forum exactly what you want, i.e. 1 bed or 2 bed etc how much you want to pay pcm, the area you would prefer, above or below the motorway, away from the tourist areas eetc etc. You will no doubt replies from other forum members and of course Sunshine Properties. Have a look on the Alicur property site they do good priced rentals at The Sunset but you will need a vehicle to live up there or you are young and healthy and don't mind walking up a steephill. Good Luck

bonitatime
08-12-2011, 14:45
Gestors - There is Goldenmaniac on here who is very helpful but she is based in Los Gigantes area. We use Marcos Cabrera in Los Cris as it is nearer for us.

Not sure about credit checks I know we don't do one for the flat we rent. I am interested to see who else comments and if they do one.

asox39
08-12-2011, 15:05
I can recomend CanaryGetaway.com only require one month in advance rental. Suzanne who runs this company will be able sort things out for you

asox39
08-12-2011, 18:24
What the hell you on about the people want long term rental

Tam Rogers
10-12-2011, 16:24
Great thanks for the advice and contacts/websites, we'll definitely be having a look at them - I guess if credit checks aren't needed to get an apartment that speeds the process up a lot :)

We're ideally at the moment looking for a 2 bed apartment/house, up to 650 euros/month, south tenerife areas - anywhere from El Medano to Adeje. Still looks like we'll be moving out round the start of March next year, fingers crossed!

atlantico
10-12-2011, 16:34
What the hell you on about the people want long term rental

??????? thats what all the replies are in relation to. What thread have you been reading ?

I'd do as you suggested, rent short-term for a few weeks, don't commit until you've had a really good look around. You'll find somewhere for a lot less than €650 a month that way