PDA

View Full Version : 10 Die in Cucumber E-coli outbreak originating from Spain

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 13:21
According to the Beeb, 10 Germans have died from E-coli infected cucumbers allegedly originating from Spain.

Link here. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13587182)

TOTO 99
29-05-2011, 15:02
There he goes again, "Link Boy"..lol..and I bet there's a map of Germany..

Harmonicaman
29-05-2011, 15:05
There he goes again, "Link Boy"..lol..and I bet there's a map of Germany..
P*ss off you! ;):)

Tom
29-05-2011, 15:14
"According to the Beeb, 10 Germans have died from E-coli infected cucumbers allegedly originating from Spain."

Just shows you, i thought you mainly got food poisoning from meat/fish based products.

doreen
29-05-2011, 15:26
"According to the Beeb, 10 Germans have died from E-coli infected cucumbers allegedly originating from Spain."

Just shows you, i thought you mainly got food poisoning from meat/fish based products.

Me too, until I saw one of the CSI programmes - salads grown in water infected by sewage did for them - ugh

Tom
29-05-2011, 15:33
Me too, until I saw one of the CSI programmes - salads grown in water infected by sewage did for them - ugh

If it was on CSI then it will be true !! :whistle:

sunspot
29-05-2011, 15:37
Cant believe this ,i love the pepinos over here, so juicy but may give them a wide birth for a while

doreen
29-05-2011, 16:25
If it was on CSI then it will be true !! :whistle:

with acknowledgment to http://lindastv.blogspot.com/2009/10/csi-miami-hold-salad-please.html

The poisoning of a young girl takes the CSI gang to a farm that supplies "organic" vegetables (in quotes because we later find out some of the veggies are genetically engineered) to a restaurant where the girl ate and contracted E. coli.

The best part of the show was the really cool montage showing the path of the E. coli (shown as ominous magenta fuzzies) from the drainage pipe to the well to the irrigation to the illegal immigrant cutting the greens from the soil and loading it in the truck to the restaurant worker cutting up the greens to the waiter bringing it to the poor unsuspecting girl. Bon appetit!

:)

Tom
29-05-2011, 23:38
with acknowledgment to http://lindastv.blogspot.com/2009/10/csi-miami-hold-salad-please.html

The poisoning of a young girl takes the CSI gang to a farm that supplies "organic" vegetables (in quotes because we later find out some of the veggies are genetically engineered) to a restaurant where the girl ate and contracted E. coli.

The best part of the show was the really cool montage showing the path of the E. coli (shown as ominous magenta fuzzies) from the drainage pipe to the well to the irrigation to the illegal immigrant cutting the greens from the soil and loading it in the truck to the restaurant worker cutting up the greens to the waiter bringing it to the poor unsuspecting girl. Bon appetit!

I knew there was something about salads i didn't like !!!

DaveRF
29-05-2011, 23:50

This reminded me of an incident in Callao about 4 years back. Tomato plants were growing in the Barranco between Arco Iris and the main village which is quite a busy walkway. People were picking the tomatoes. The plants were being watered from a leaking sewer. You could see the horror on people's faces as the penny dropped when I suggested where the seeds had probably come from to start the plants off. :eyebrows:

Tom
29-05-2011, 23:55
This reminded me of an incident in Callao about 4 years back. Tomato plants were growing in the Barranco between Arco Iris and the main village which is quite a busy walkway. People were picking the tomatoes. The plants were being watered from a leaking sewer. You could see the horror on people's faces as the penny dropped when I suggested where the seeds had probably come from to start the plants off. :eyebrows:

Love it - classic

Ashro Autos
30-05-2011, 01:37
Bloody hell there will only be lamb left to eat soon what with mad cow desease,swine fever and now killer vegtables.But cant eat lamb without mint sauce hope thats safe:crazy::crazy:

timmylish
30-05-2011, 02:00
Bloody hell there will only be lamb left to eat soon what with mad cow desease,swine fever and now killer vegtables.But cant eat lamb without mint sauce hope thats safe:crazy::crazy:

No Lamb is out too! Coming from where you do I,m sure that you may have refered certain people, whom you may dislike, as Sheep Sha......!

slodgedad
30-05-2011, 02:04
No Lamb is out too! Coming from where you do I,m sure that you may have refered certain people, whom you may dislike, as Sheep Sha......!

As they say where I'm from; We shag 'em, you eat 'em.

Ashro Autos
30-05-2011, 02:05
macdonalds it is then,surely them cardboard burgers cant hurt anyone as they made from recycled stuff

Ecky Thump
30-05-2011, 09:10
Ten people have been reported to have died from a new outbreak of the killer E-coli bacteria, all deaths have been linked to Germany, but the organic cucumbers that are carrying the bacteria appear to have been imported from Spain. Three cases have been reported in the UK, with over 270 reported world wide.

No cucumber jokes please.:)

Ed3229
30-05-2011, 09:23
http://youtu.be/qtURoWuzfpE Veg has tried this before.........

9PLUS
01-06-2011, 14:05
Well it looks like they were WRONG

tonypub
01-06-2011, 14:09
As they say where I'm from; We shag 'em, you eat 'em.so if you want a leg off lamb,ask for the front legs

onelegnofeet
01-06-2011, 14:15
so if you want a leg off ,ask for the front legs

OI! steady not nice !!!.........................:fryingpan:

So we never needed althoughs bombs in world war 2 ..........just drop cucumbers !!!:bricks::stars:

Muppet
01-06-2011, 14:45
Well it looks like they were WRONG

Yup how funny - suddenly the Germans work out that since Spain wasn't affected, perhaps it is not Spanish produce

mmm

9PLUS
01-06-2011, 14:48
considering people have died whom didn't consume the produce

slodgedad
01-06-2011, 14:49
See HERE (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/German-Health-Officials-Say-There-Are-365-New-Cases-Of-The-Killer-Cucumber-Ecoli-Outbreak/Article/201106116003464?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article _Teaser_Region_3&lid=ARTICLE_16003464_German_Health_Officials_Say_T here_Are_365_New_Cases_Of_The_Killer_Cucumber_E.co li_Outbreak) for the latest

Tom
01-06-2011, 14:52
Yup how funny - suddenly the Germans work out that since Spain wasn't affected, perhaps it is not Spanish produce

mmm

Call me cynical but they only sprayed the ones for export with sewerage water ?

Muppet
01-06-2011, 15:07
cynical................

Tom
01-06-2011, 15:41
cynical................

LOL - It's being on going for a month now, I'm very surprised at the Eric's not getting to the bottom of it by now (no pun intended )