PDA

View Full Version : Other Pavement Seating Ban enforced in Puerto Santiago

Goldenmaniac
08-12-2011, 13:32
Local inhabitants of Puerto Santiago and surrounding areas may have noticed recently that some of their favourite watering holes no longer offer seating on the pavement outside their establishments.

The ban on occupying public spaces was enforced by local police this week.....

http://newsinthesun.com/2011/12/pavement-seating-ban-enforced-in-puerto-santiago/

I sometimes think the council actually doesn't want tourists here - don't get me wrong I agree A-boards can be a pain if you've got a pushchair, but most tourists come here to sit outside in the winter, and of course the smokers.

One local restaurant actually had diners mid meal on the outside tables when the Police came and moved them all off - is that the image we want to portray???

beerfan
08-12-2011, 14:41
One local restaurant actually had diners mid meal on the outside tables when the Police came and moved them all off - is that the image we want to portray???

I think many countries though the 'outside' part of the pub/bar is seen as a part of the pub/bar and not public property. So they might have a little enclosed terrace area or something.

And yes, I agree, it is a spiteful and draconian move. Is this a local ordnance or a long-held nationwide law in force in Spain?

warbey
08-12-2011, 19:49
http://newsinthesun.com/2011/12/pavement-seating-ban-enforced-in-puerto-santiago/

I sometimes think the council actually doesn't want tourists here - don't get me wrong I agree A-boards can be a pain if you've got a pushchair, but most tourists come here to sit outside in the winter, and of course the smokers.

One small crumb of comfort.
As Customers are then on Private Property, perhaps the
Local Police can also move on Lookee Lookie Men and Chinese too.?

In Your Dreams eh.?

beerfan
08-12-2011, 19:56
Local Police can also move on Lookee Lookie Men and Chinese too.?

Are a lot of the 'lookey-lookey' men actually drug dealers?

warbey
08-12-2011, 21:11
Are a lot of the 'lookey-lookey' men actually drug dealers?

No Idea..

I have Never been offered any by them, but logic says maybe the Odd One or two..