PDA

View Full Version : Bars Surfers Bar, Compostela Beach, Los Cristianos, Tenerife

atlantico
08-06-2011, 16:40
Located down pathway opposite ZARA on Safari Center, towards end, past Scampies and Rovers Return.

Thought I'd start a review of this English Bar/Restaurant , before Sloggie does, as we took family there yesterday . Been several times before including Christmas Day, and EVERY time the food has been great and service of high standard.

Yesterday I had the Giant Beer Battered Haddock - and believe me, the best/biggest on the Island. If not, I'll refund your money (€9.45). When they caught this fish, the sea level must have decreased by an inch ! I couldn't eat it all it was so big, at least 12" long, 6" wide and 1.5" thick , with only thin batter ! And the chips and mushy peas were perfect ! Had fish in Scampies before, as it was highly rated, and it wasn't a patch on this one !

2 others had the lamb shank, slow cooked and fell off the bone - and weighed 1/2 kilo !, with mash, mint gravy and veg (€9.75) - again, they couldn't eat it all !

They're daily specials menu is vast (1 selection per day) and is €8.50 with a dessert.

PLUS, you overlook the sea/beach - Perfect for teatime eating

wish I'd taken a photo to share it all with you !

Tinkabel
08-06-2011, 16:47
We eat here quite a lot as my hubby too loves the fish here, It's far too big for me though, All the meals are excellent quality and value for money and many of the desserts homemade and very tasty.
Location is lovely and its great on an evening, plus its only a short walk to the safari centre afterwards for a spot of retail therapy. ;)

browngirlinring
12-06-2011, 19:21
been a good bar for many years, clean, decent prices, good food, views are great. a traditional brit catered for bar.

marbro8
18-10-2011, 18:42
9 of us went there on thurs night and i must admit the chicken soup was the best i have ever eaten, but i was a little worried when the waitress said " can you bear with us the other chef hasn't turned up" the giant yorkshire pudding weighed about 4 lbs and would have fed 3 people never mind 1 lol but 4 of us had the fish and the batter had been cooked till it was verging on black so put us off a bit and they had nearly ran out of puddings so we were having to reserve what was left before we had even ordered our mains, but the staff seem friendly although the owner looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp most of the time:crylaughing:

TOTO 99
18-10-2011, 19:24
9 of us went there on thurs night and i must admit the chicken soup was the best i have ever eaten, but i was a little worried when the waitress said " can you bear with us the other chef hasn't turned up" the giant yorkshire pudding weighed about 4 lbs and would have fed 3 people never mind 1 lol but 4 of us had the fish and the batter had been cooked till it was verging on black so put us off a bit and they had nearly ran out of puddings so we were having to reserve what was left before we had even ordered our mains, but the staff seem friendly although the owner looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp most of the time:crylaughing:

Lol Marb, you've not had the best of holidays have you mate?

marbro8
18-10-2011, 20:27
Lol Marb, you've not had the best of holidays have you mate? tbh mate because there was 9 of us we actually did , there where a few things that went wrong but luckily we had ten days and only 2 bad meals and 1 bad pint, the apartment and villa we put up with because there aint a lot you could do about it, but lessons where learnt and we have just rebooked at the el mirador complex for may, stick to what works:wink:

TOTO 99
18-10-2011, 21:21
El Mirador eh?
Just remember, there may be 9 of you, but there are 17 inspectors...lol

marbro8
18-10-2011, 22:24
El Mirador eh?
Just remember, there may be 9 of you, but there are 17 inspectors...lolnooooooooo only 2 this time and my welsh cousin(who's apartment it is) says we will be ok:wink:

Carol55
18-10-2011, 23:08
nooooooooo only 2 this time and my welsh cousin(who's apartment it is) says we will be ok:wink:

I wish I had has many cousins as you and then I could relax and forget about inspectors.:laugh: