PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find the latest information on a diverted flight?

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 19:59
My friends eldery mum and friend were on the edinburgh flight today, but its been diverted due to the awful weather. But both Ryan air and airport websites only says DIVERTED, not where to. Does anyone know how to find out on line. i remember a flight follower thing on the forum a few months ago does anyone remember the website, thanks

beerfan
08-12-2011, 20:03
The advice on the BAA Edinburgh website is to phone Ryanair for the latest information.

AL JAY
08-12-2011, 20:05
There ya go ct http://www.flightradar24.com/

Just click on a plane and it should give you its destination and where it has flew from etc.

not many planes in Scottish airspace at the moment.

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 20:05
they are not answering the phone !!!

beerfan
08-12-2011, 20:10

Doesn't tell you anything.

I'm afraid you might have to thole it until more information comes in. :(

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 20:14

Just click on a plane and it should give you its destination and where it has flew from etc.

not many planes in Scottish airspace at the moment.
Thanks Al, thats the one but as the flight has landed SOMEWHERE!!! its not active. What a nightmare, shes not well and it seems impossible to find out where the flight landed, think i will tell her to call all airports starting with the nearest, I think Glasgow is closed too

AL JAY
08-12-2011, 20:23
If she's has flown into JLA Liverpool i will take her a flask of tea and a wee dram and then take em dancing in town!

Vortex Wake
08-12-2011, 20:25
What was the flight number?

AL JAY
08-12-2011, 20:26
Doesn't tell you anything.

I'm afraid you might have to thole it until more information comes in. :(

It does when you learn how to use it :raspberry: :D

beerfan
08-12-2011, 20:27
It does when you learn how to use it :raspberry: :D

Well, yes it does but does it tell you the airport?

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 20:32
If she's has flown into JLA Liverpool i will take her a flask of tea and a wee dram and then take em dancing in town!
Cheers al, they are nearly 80 so will dance you under the table x

AL JAY
08-12-2011, 20:33
Well, yes it does but does it tell you the airport?

Yes,if you click on a plane,it will tell you departure airport/Destination height/speed and a colour coded tracker,not all planes have this facilty but all the usual suspects do! info appears in a window on the left of your screen!

warbey
08-12-2011, 20:47
What was the flight number?

it mighthelp to give thisto V,W.

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 20:48
They are in Newcastle, thank you so much everybody for your help xxxx

Added after 4 minutes:

it mighthelp to give thisto V,W.
sorry, thought i did, i have been clicking through 6 airport homepages, must have forgot to click reply, thanks VW

beerfan
08-12-2011, 20:59
Yes,if you click on a plane,it will tell you departure airport/Destination height/speed and a colour coded tracker,not all planes have this facilty but all the usual suspects do! info appears in a window on the left of your screen!

I tried the flight number and that didn't work either. Oh, it came up but it didn't give me much other information I couldn't have found elsewhere.

They are in Newcastle, thank you so much everybody for your help xxxx

That's quite lucky; at least they're not at the other end of the UK or something.

kell
08-12-2011, 21:01
ive got my little sister and neice on that flight and im still waiting on news to see if they are getting the bus up to edinburgh

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 21:03
The airport was phoned and an automated message said the flight was diverted there, so we are pressuming!!! they are on a bus north...its fair blowing a hooley over there tonight, roofs are collapsing in Edinburgh x

beerfan
08-12-2011, 21:04
ive got my little sister and neice on that flight and im still waiting on news to see if they are getting the bus up to edinburgh

Wouldn't it perhaps be better to tell them to sod that idea and book them a hotel somewhere?

warbey
08-12-2011, 21:05
Maybe a Train will be used. too ?

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 21:06
Spoke too soon..all trains and buses cancelled...bl**dy hell. well it will give them an adventure to talk about at the bingo, val says thanks for all help too xx

kell
08-12-2011, 21:07
they have had to change buses as the one that was sent was falling apart so then then had to wait for a newer bus but they are now on the road to edinburgh, i have just got off the phone to my mum to see what is happening,

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 21:12
they have had to change buses as the one that was sent was falling apart so then then had to wait for a newer bus but they are now on the road to edinburgh, i have just got off the phone to my mum to see what is happening,
Cheers Kell, do you know what time the bus is due into Edinburgh

kell
08-12-2011, 21:14
sorry i dont she is going to phone my dad when she is near edinburgh for him to pick her up we think they will be roughly in edinbrugh at 9.30ish

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 21:16
sorry i dont she is going to phone my dad when she is near edinburgh for him to pick her up we think they will be roughly in edinbrugh at 9.30ish
many thanks I will pass that on to my mate in Las Americas to tell her son in Edinburgh to expect them then..this world wide web is good int it xx

kell
08-12-2011, 21:20
it is good to find out information, i only know so much as my little sister has a mobile and she has been in contact, im sure my neice will keep everyone entertained or she will be doing everyones head in.:raspberry2:

caroletenerife
08-12-2011, 21:35
it is good to find out information, i only know so much as my little sister has a mobile and she has been in contact, im sure my neice will keep everyone entertained or she will be doing everyones head in.:raspberry2:
Haha, yeh my friends mum and her friend dont do 'mobiles'...they might now x

kell
08-12-2011, 21:37
they are handy to have:lol:

beerfan
08-12-2011, 21:38
Haha, yeh my friends mum and her friend dont do 'mobiles'...they might now x

Women after my own heart. (I have only once owned a mobile - it was foisted on me by my parents - and I divested myself of the infernal thing as soon as I damn well could.) ;)

kell
09-12-2011, 09:20
they got home last night to there house at 11pm so it was a long day for everyone that was on the flight, hope your friends got home ok aswell

caroletenerife
09-12-2011, 11:57
they got home last night to there house at 11pm so it was a long day for everyone that was on the flight, hope your friends got home ok aswell

Thanks Kell, yes they got home about 10.45, no worse for their adventure, It couldn't have been fun landing in that wind. The humour coming out of Scotland is funny, they are calling it Hurricane Bawbag!!! And Radio 4 actually called it this before realising what it meant:crylaughing: I read this and thought it summed it up the humour

Hurricane Bawbag hits Scotland

Did you panic - NAW!
Did you evacuate -NAW!
Did you abandon Scotland - NAW!
you jist hud yoor tea early in case the lecky went oot - eeeeeaaaassssyyyyy!!!

Och, i miss Scotland xx have a good Christmas and thanks again to everyone for their help