PDA

View Full Version : Nominations wanted for 'Thread of the Year, 2011'

tonypub
09-12-2011, 17:52
which thread do you think is the best one of this past year,be it funny,seriuos ,informative???? heres my choice http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?11333-Sealed-video-games-used-games-collection

Ecky Thump
13-12-2011, 17:25
Last year it was Jimandsi who won with his thread "Respect our England flag" I put up a €10 prize which he then donated to the K9 charity.

I will repeat this for this year and the winner can either spend it in Tony's pub, or donate it to a charity of their choice.:)

tonypub
13-12-2011, 21:52
been a boring year on the forum?

Ecky Thump
13-12-2011, 21:56
been a boring year on the forum?

Maybe we can have a poll and get a few threads put forward.

I would like to see Canarybird's thread..The weather in North Tenerife, great photographs and a lot of walking about to get them.:)

slodgedad
13-12-2011, 22:09
I'll alter the title to nominations wanted. Once we have a few we can do a poll.

caroletenerife
13-12-2011, 23:01
How about the 'Port Royale Fiasco' thread. it had everything, Politics, arguments, good news, bad news and recieved thousands of views xx

Carol55
13-12-2011, 23:06
I think Al Jay's thread, Some Beautiful Sounds for the Tenerife Forum, Every day there was some great music and videos to keep us all happy.

primrose
13-12-2011, 23:39
I think Al Jay's thread, Some Beautiful Sounds for the Tenerife Forum, Every day there was some great music and videos to keep us all happy.

My favourite as well.:agree:

doreen
13-12-2011, 23:55
How about the ..... thread. it had everything, Politics, arguments, good news, bad news and recieved thousands of views xx

... you could say the same for Illegal Lettings - make that hundreds of thousands of views (between .com & .org) :lol:

marbro8
14-12-2011, 00:30
... you could say the same for Illegal Lettings - make that hundreds of thousands of views (between .com & .org) :lol:i agree with you doreen, or the thread that has had either the most views or most replies:wink:

caroletenerife
14-12-2011, 01:14
... you could say the same for Illegal Lettings - make that hundreds of thousands of views (between .com & .org) :lol:
Yeh, and neither have been resolved to anyone's satisfaction:dontknow:

TenerifePool
14-12-2011, 01:56
Yeh, and neither have been resolved to anyone's satisfaction:dontknow:

Nor is it likely that they will be in 2012, or 13, or 14 or...

julia44
14-12-2011, 07:35
Henrys "the saga of the plastic bags"

9PLUS
14-12-2011, 09:38
I would like to nominate this thread as the BEST thread of the year 2011 it's a great read Surely a Winner (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?523-Free-Range-Eggs)

tonypub
14-12-2011, 12:46
heres a good one,look at post number 6:eyebrows:http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?7927-Does-the-lift-come-quicker-if-you-keep-pushing-the-button&p=78406#post78406

Ecky Thump
14-12-2011, 12:58
I would like to nominate this thread as the BEST thread of the year 2011 it's a great read Surely a Winner (http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?523-Free-Range-Eggs)

Who egged you on to post that one?

willowlily
14-12-2011, 13:05
I thought the thread from rosemary re; tattooes was very funnny

Suej
14-12-2011, 13:44
Who egged you on to post that one?

His brainīs a bit scrambled!:eyebrows: Just yoking 9plus!:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
14-12-2011, 13:55

Well you laid that at his feet, I hope he doesn't crack easily.:)

CaribeCelt
14-12-2011, 16:13
I think the thread from Henry when he was looking to sell a peseta note for a couple of hundred quid was brilliant.
Nothing like chancing your arm.

tonypub
14-12-2011, 16:32
I think the thread from Henry when he was looking to sell a peseta note for a couple of hundred quid was brilliant.
Nothing like chancing your arm.people still buy timeshare so you never know:wink:

9PLUS
14-12-2011, 16:48

Yet another Lady calling me 9plus

cheers

x

alice in wonderland
14-12-2011, 16:54
Jack Oakley's thread on the El Barranco fiasco must be a contender, it has been very informative and well written. Alice.

Suej
14-12-2011, 17:07
Yet another Lady calling me 9plus

cheers

x

Should it be 6 then? I do mean eggs of course!:cheeky:

doreen
14-12-2011, 17:38
I would like to think one of our recent threads of Coma/Candelaria cases would be a contender ... think it shows our Forum for what we truly are - a group of caring individuals ready to help & advise :)

Tojack
14-12-2011, 18:26
The gypisy with the rusty caravan.:crylaughing::crylaughing:

tonypub
14-12-2011, 18:26
ive had a right good year reading the everton supporters thread:raspberry2:

Added after 2 minutes:

... you could say the same for Illegal Lettings - make that hundreds of thousands of views (between .com & .org) :lol:fancy nominating your own thread:laugh:im sure it will win a forum vote now:wink:

slodgedad
14-12-2011, 18:41
Looks like I've volunteered myself to sort this.

Nominations will close on Friday, 23rd December and then I will publish a poll.

Some great nominations so far.

Can you include a link to the thread you nominate to make it easier for voters?

caroletenerife
14-12-2011, 18:49
Looks like I've volunteered myself to sort this.

Nominations will close on Friday, 23rd December and then I will publish a poll.

Some great nominations so far.

Can you include a link to the thread you nominate to make it easier for voters?
Cant, most of ' fiasco' was on the old forum and dont know how to access it....unless you do ?

slodgedad
14-12-2011, 19:02
Cant, most of ' fiasco' was on the old forum and dont know how to access it....unless you do ?

I think the OP meant threads on here (.org)

caroletenerife
14-12-2011, 19:09
I think the OP meant threads on here (.org)
I thought it was the same forum, just different address.

Ecky Thump
14-12-2011, 19:09
fancy nominating your own thread:laugh:im sure it will win a forum vote now:wink:

A very informative thread.

We should all read it from start to finish and see how many of us become suicidal by the end.:spin:

slodgedad
14-12-2011, 19:28
I thought it was the same forum, just different address.

It is the same forum but as it's not yet merged then there may be difficulties with new members not having the same access as us old hands.

Just trying to make it fair.

caroletenerife
14-12-2011, 20:05
It is the same forum but as it's not yet merged then there may be difficulties with new members not having the same access as us old hands.

Just trying to make it fair.
Fair enough, then i will throw my towel (or carrier bag) in with henry's threads, always good for a laugh and he is a font of knowledge, and right at the edge when it comes to consumer purchasing x

Loaded
14-12-2011, 20:10
Henrys plastic bag thread is my, and the sensible voters choice

slodgedad
14-12-2011, 20:39
Henrys plastic bag thread is my, and the sensible voters choice

Must agree. Henry has been a bright light on the 'new' Forum.

Always interesting, whether you understand or not...:idea::raspberry::hi::laugh:

warbey
14-12-2011, 20:40
One Thread stood out for Me, and will be remembered until My Dying Day.

The tragic story of the Beheaded Lady in Cristianos.

Drama Tragedy Horror and Truth as it happened.

About 2 thousand on the thread as it developed during the Day

Videos from the Thread used on National Television News .

Surely although a Tagedy, this Thread had all the ingredients and cannot be ignored.

slodgedad
14-12-2011, 20:46

Surely although a Tagedy, this Thread had all the ingredients and cannot be ignored.

Must agree, Warbs. Our members were all over it before Sky. Tragic thread though....Certainly a contender though..

Suej
14-12-2011, 21:59

Well said Warbs, I would say that thread although tragic and terribly sad deserves the tribute!

Added after 2 minutes:

Fair enough, then i will throw my towel (or carrier bag) in with henry's threads, always good for a laugh and he is a font of knowledge, and right at the edge when it comes to consumer purchasing x

When you see a thread or a post from henry how can anyone not resist taking a peek! I love his stories and his experiences of life...heīs brill! Top man!!!:c2:

Added after 2 minutes:

I would like to think one of our recent threads of Coma/Candelaria cases would be a contender ... think it shows our Forum for what we truly are - a group of caring individuals ready to help & advise :)

Oooh! another great thread thrown into the mix! really confused.com!???

alice in wonderland
15-12-2011, 12:19
As requested by Mr Slodge and to help Carole the original thread is
http://www.old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=37979
the new thread the last post(58#) of which is astounding is;
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?728-the-infamous-el-barranco-your-place-abroad-fiasco
Hope these help. Alice

Carol55
17-12-2011, 22:52
My vote would go for Tenerife Forum Ryanair Information Thread, lots of interesting posts with many of them entertaining and funny. :)

Malteser Monkey
17-12-2011, 23:49
jimbo's virtual bar ? or one of Max's classics - too many to mention

Vortex Wake
17-12-2011, 23:58
jimbo's virtual bar ? or one of Max's classics - too many to mention

This one ;) http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?1668-Jimandsi-s-virtual-Karaoke-Bar

slodgedad
18-12-2011, 00:04
This one ;) http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?1668-Jimandsi-s-virtual-Karaoke-Bar

I thought they had to be factual threads..............OOPS...........I've forgotten how to delete...:snore:

AJP
18-12-2011, 00:37
Its times like this that you realise how much you miss Anna posting on here.her posts were great

slodgedad
18-12-2011, 00:39
Its times like this that you realise how much you miss Anna posting on here.her posts were great

Definitely one of the members from the old Forum I miss..

doreen
18-12-2011, 00:41

Agreed .... she does have a minor presence on .org but has asked me not to say under which new name :(

slodgedad
18-12-2011, 00:52
Agreed .... she does have a minor presence on .org but has asked me not to say under which new name :(

I'm surprised at that, Doreen. She was such a character on the old Forum.

henry
18-12-2011, 01:08
wow!! i be mention on this wow!! i never knew i was that famous!! so does this mean i can fist pump my way to get excited!! never knew there so many broskiīs like my stories. maybe i should have like a tenerife forum champion belt on here. that be cool!! how you guys think? woo...woo...woo... you know it!!!

Added after 2 minutes:

wow!! i be mention on this wow!! i never knew i was that famous!! so does this mean i can fist pump my way to get excited!! never knew there so many broskiīs like my stories. maybe i should have like a tenerife forum champion belt on here. that be cool!! how you guys think? woo...woo...woo... you know it!!! just wait until 2012 there be more crazy stuff from me that not even a strightjacket can hold me down!!

Ecky Thump
18-12-2011, 01:12
wow!! i be mention on this wow!! i never knew i was that famous!! so does this mean i can fist pump my way to get excited!! never knew there so many broskiīs like my stories. maybe i should have like a tenerife forum champion belt on here. that be cool!! how you guys think? woo...woo...woo... you know it!!!

What it means is that you might win the €10 prize!:goodluck:

slodgedad
18-12-2011, 01:30
Bumpety bump. Don't forget nominations close on the morning of the 23rd.

The thread will be then closed for an hour or two while I sort out the poll.

Only nominations with a few thanks or more than a few nominations will be included otherwise we could have a poll 2 pages long.

Read the thread so far and if you agree with a a nomination, give it a thanks. (Doesn't stop you from posting)

I know which my favourite is but I'm bound by the Official Secret Act.

€5 to Live Arico might persuade me to share my limited intelligence on this matter.

henry
18-12-2011, 01:32
wow!! 10 euros you know how many hotties i can get to my party and dancing fist pumping all night long. i play playing the song at my party like party in the la. my will be party in the tf. tf for tenerife!!!!

caroletenerife
18-12-2011, 01:33
Are you going to the Christmas party henry?

henry
18-12-2011, 01:37
fyi i still thinking about it!! idk where it is or how to get there??

caroletenerife
18-12-2011, 01:42
Its at the PUB in Torviscos, check out the Christmas Party thread Henry, there are directions for other forum members x

jack oakley
19-12-2011, 04:08
As requested by Mr Slodge and to help Carole the original thread is
http://www.old.tenerifeforum.com/showthread.php?t=37979
the new thread the last post(58#) of which is astounding is;
http://www.tenerifeforum.org/tenerife-forum/showthread.php?728-the-infamous-el-barranco-your-place-abroad-fiasco
Hope these help. Alice

Have to say that i feel quite humbled by the nomination, i didn't however start the original thread on the 'old forum', that was started by one of Davies's victims who was conned into depositing into El Barranco on the Amarilla Golf before the abomination was built. I always Knew from the circumstances surrounding El Barranco that the gang responsible were scam merchants. It came as no surprise when i was alerted to the multi-million dollar con that has now emerged they are alleged to be a part of and i am pleased that my posts have played a part in establishing their alleged role in it. I rarely stoop to gutter mentality but Davies and his associates do not deserve to be addressed with even a modicem of civility, it is my opinion that he knew exactly was he was doing when he registered his miriad of limited companies with the delberate intent of liquidating them once he had spirited away the deceiptfully obtained deposits or "contractual investments" extracted from the many unsuspecting victims that he knew would be left either penniless or locked into an abomination that they would never be able to rid themselves of. I know that the Tenerife Cabildo were aware of the situation but they chose to allow it to happen which only gives creedence to the mythical belief that Tenerife is a protected haven to a very small gang of cockroach concienced con-artists who prey on the vunerability of unsuspecting holiday makers or property seekers who's guard is lowered by the the sun and the warm welcome of the majority of native Tenerifians and honest ex-pats who like me are privilaged to call this beautifull island home. The forum is an invaluable scource of information to prospective visitors and long may it reign. I would like to take this opportunity to wish my friends, members and readers of the forum a very happy christmas and a healthy, peacefull and prosperous new year. Jack.O

Ecky Thump
19-12-2011, 07:03
Bumpety bump. Don't forget nominations close on the morning of the 23rd.

The thread will be then closed for an hour or two while I sort out the poll.

Only nominations with a few thanks or more than a few nominations will be included otherwise we could have a poll 2 pages long.
Read the thread so far and if you agree with a a nomination, give it a thanks. (Doesn't stop you from posting)

I know which my favourite is but I'm bound by the Official Secret Act.

€5 to Live Arico might persuade me to share my limited intelligence on this matter.

If I don't like the the one that is your favourite, then as I am also putting up a €10 charity prize for the winning thread I will have the right to have it eliminated,:D
unless of course, some one else comes up with more charity prize money.€€€€€€€!:)

MaxineC
21-12-2011, 18:53
I'm nominating myself for my re-introduction thread... Got more hits and posts than any other intro thread!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

tonypub
21-12-2011, 18:56
I'm nominating myself for my re-introduction thread... Got more hits and posts than any other intro thread!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:i must of missed it,when was it?:whistle:

Ecky Thump
21-12-2011, 19:15
I'm nominating myself for my re-introduction thread... Got more hits and posts than any other intro thread!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

At what lengths would you go to to win a €10 prize!:respect:

NO, Don't answer that, I forgot that its a family forum.:nono:

If you look at my intro thread by DJ Dangerous you will find it beats yours by miles.:raspberry2:

Red Devil
21-12-2011, 22:31
The thread of Henry's where he wanted to join a football team for a game cracked me up - it took him weeks to find the venue.
I was exhausted just reading his descriptions of his attempts.
From what I remember Jackie & Tonypub did everything possible to help with the directions!
Did you ever go back for another game Henry?

YOUNG GOLFER
22-12-2011, 00:59
Think any thread were members come together to help fellow folk should be at the top....but thats just me ....over the last year we have seen lot's of busy threads but again i like a happy ending.
This forum alone has helped two women in a coma who are NOW back home with their families now in time for Christmas and that takes some beating.

Mind you the importance of getting holiday insurance...IS A MUST.

Ok my last post for a day or two back to UK for 6 days in the morning.....so have a good xmas guys.:)

Suej
22-12-2011, 12:10
Think any thread were members come together to help fellow folk should be at the top....but thats just me ....over the last year we have seen lot's of busy threads but again i like a happy ending.
This forum alone has helped two women in a coma who are NOW back home with their families now in time for Christmas and that takes some beating.

Mind you the importance of getting holiday insurance...IS A MUST.

Ok my last post for a day or two back to UK for 6 days in the morning.....so have a good xmas guys.:)

:agree: Itīs good fun reading all the really funny threads that really do make you laugh out loud! Life isnīt always that way unfortunately, I canīt think of anything worse than being seriously ill in a foreign country and not having anyone to turn to for help so Iīm with the lady in a Coma thread!:)

MaxineC
22-12-2011, 13:31
At what lengths would you go to to win a €10 prize!:respect:

NO, Don't answer that, I forgot that its a family forum.:nono:

If you look at my intro thread by DJ Dangerous you will find it beats yours by miles.:raspberry2:

I'll go to any lengths... €10 will buy me a bottle of Magno :D

But my thread brought out the very best in people, it was so full of warmth and good will... made me feel warm, fuzzy and very loved!! :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Malteser Monkey
22-12-2011, 13:40

But my thread brought out the very best in people, it was so full of warmth and good will... made me feel warm, fuzzy and very loved!! :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

Which one ! :crylaughing:

henry
22-12-2011, 20:10
The thread of Henry's where he wanted to join a football team for a game cracked me up - it took him weeks to find the venue.
I was exhausted just reading his descriptions of his attempts.
From what I remember Jackie & Tonypub did everything possible to help with the directions!
Did you ever go back for another game Henry? i whould love to go for another game but someone told me each game that they play cost 10 euros each time. wow!! 10 euros each game i canīt afford when iīm not working. and beside if i go for another game i fist pump tonypub all over the field. and i just hate to see a (old man cry) and it wonīt be me. it like umm.. tony the tiger from frosties cereal. he said they grrrreeeaaattt!! but another tony (tonypub) be saving i been fiiirstttpummmp by henry...

Ecky Thump
22-12-2011, 20:17

The last time I had those feelings was when I wet the bed!:cheeky:

Tom & Sharon
22-12-2011, 20:20

She told Sharon her new user name when we met her at the forum Christmas party,however the OH has forgotten it already LOL

CIM
22-12-2011, 23:44
i fist pump tonypub all over
Heīd probably pay you 10€ to keep that to yourself...

slodgedad
23-12-2011, 00:06
Heīd probably pay you 10€ to keep that to yourself...

:confused::crazy::agree:

Malteser Monkey
23-12-2011, 00:12
The last time I had those feelings was when I wet the bed!:cheeky:

Carol down the launderette then Ecks ?:raspberry2:

slodgedad
23-12-2011, 21:38
I've already made my mind up, but I'm starting a new thread.

Poster, not necessarily thread starter, but the most fun poster of the year.

slodgedad
30-12-2011, 02:45
There will be one thread with a poll for 'Thread of the Year'. Closes tomorrow, so get your late nominations in,

Poster of the year doesn't need a poll. Gotta be Henry........

Ecky Thump
30-12-2011, 08:38
There will be one thread with a poll for 'Thread of the Year'. Closes tomorrow, so get your late nominations in,

Poster of the year doesn't need a poll. Gotta be Henry........

I think 9Plus should also be in that category, after all he did wind up Andy0210 into believing he could buy a brand new €600 Apple ipad for €200!!

Now that was a wind up.:D

Loaded
30-12-2011, 21:32
Gotta be the illegal lettings thread! It's
Covered the laws, the economy , gays, hitler, gadafi, mr bean and many more!

Ecky Thump
30-12-2011, 21:36

The title would have to be changed to "Ever Decreasing Circles"

Goforgold
30-12-2011, 21:37

Seconded :)

Ecky Thump
30-12-2011, 21:40
Seconded :)

Ah, but a poll for the title would be needed, also I would withdraw the €10 prize and help pay the fines(only El Mirador ones) with it.:laugh: