PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Phones MediaMarkt iPad & iPhone

nath
11-12-2011, 15:38
Had anyone recently been to MediaMarkt and noticed the prices for iPad 2 and/or iPhone 4S? I can't find prices online. I know they should be a bit cheaper as in rest of Europe but no clue what the difference really is....

churnlobster
11-12-2011, 15:56
Had anyone recently been to MediaMarkt and noticed the prices for iPad 2 and/or iPhone 4S? I can't find prices online. I know they should be a bit cheaper as in rest of Europe but no clue what the difference really is....

Typical price for iPad 2 in the north with Saturn and Corte de Engles is 479€ for the 16gb when i was up there a month ago.

timmylish
11-12-2011, 16:01

What makes you think they,ll be cheaper here than in other parts of Europe? Just out of interest, you understand!

churnlobster
11-12-2011, 16:09
What makes you think they,ll be cheaper here than in other parts of Europe? Just out of interest, you understand!

Usually because when you put the cost of postage and then import duty on top it works out cheaper to buy over here as i have found out recently.

nath
11-12-2011, 16:16
No last year when I bought iPad (the first one) I ended up paying €729 for the iPad at MediaMarkt for the 64GB with 3G. Now I can't remember how much they were in the rest of Europe. I thought €799 but that can't be right there being a €70 difference, I thought the difference was not that much.

Typical price for iPad 2 in the north with Saturn and Corte de Engles is 479€ for the 16gb when i was up there a month ago. Thanks for your response. Was the the iPad2 16GB without 3G? This one costs the same in Europe. (It might only be MediaMarkt being cheaper or maybe no difference this time around).

timmylish
11-12-2011, 16:29
With the exception of special internet offers there will be no difference in pricing anywhere in Europe, tax exemptions or no tax exemptions!

nath
11-12-2011, 16:39
Well I don't know besides the difference in price last year at MediaMarkt. My OH is trying to get it from the US (there is a bigger difference buying it from there) but if I do find out the prices at MM I'll post it here.

timmylish
11-12-2011, 17:03
Well I don't know besides the difference in price last year at MediaMarkt. My OH is trying to get it from the US (there is a bigger difference buying it from there) but if I do find out the prices at MM I'll post it here.

Don,t know where you are however if here on Tenerife be aware that if the Customs people see an item posted from the states they will place a charge of Import Duty on the value of the item and the only way they find that out is by opening the package!

nath
11-12-2011, 17:12
Don,t know where you are however if here on Tenerife be aware that if the Customs people see an item posted from the states they will place a charge of Import Duty on the value of the item and the only way they find that out is by opening the package!

I didn't know that! But someone would bring it back from the US with him so luckily this won't apply this time. I did however just bought a pair of shoes through ebay which will be shipped from the US, curious to see now if I will have to pay charges. Hope not, that makes buying from ebay a lot less interesting....

ally9997
11-12-2011, 17:20
warton has them in las chafris 479 thats the basic no 3g though

Suej
11-12-2011, 17:38
I would be inclined to get up to Santa Cruz and look in Mediamarkt and Saturn! you get immediate guarantee for 2 years no questions asked! the alternative is you run the risks of paying shipping and taxes or worse non delivery and if there was a problem when it arrived you would then have to send the whole thing back! Is it worth the hassle?;)

nath
11-12-2011, 17:47
I would be inclined to get up to Santa Cruz and look in Mediamarkt and Saturn! you get immediate guarantee for 2 years no questions asked, you run no risks of paying shipping and taxes or worse non delivery and if there was a problem when it arrived you would then have to send the whole thing back! Is it worth the hassle?;)

I've already done some of the homework and the difference in prices US vs Europe:

16GB USD500 (=€375) € 479 (in Europe)
32GB USD600 (=€450) € 579 (in Europe)
64GB USD700 (=€525) € 679 (in Europe)
16GB+3G USD629 (=€470) € 599 (in Europe)
32GB+3G USD729 (=€545) € 699 (in Europe)
64GB+3G USD829 (=€620) € 799 (in Europe)

Suej
11-12-2011, 17:53
I've already done some of the homework and the difference in prices US vs Europe:

16GB USD500 (=€375) € 479 (in Europe)
32GB USD600 (=€450) € 579 (in Europe)
64GB USD700 (=€525) € 679 (in Europe)
16GB+3G USD629 (=€470) € 599 (in Europe)
32GB+3G USD729 (=€545) € 699 (in Europe)
64GB+3G USD829 (=€620) € 799 (in Europe)

Yes but as another member pointed out about the taxes and shipping would the difference be worth it? Thatīs all I mean nath!:)

nath
11-12-2011, 17:58
Yes but as another member pointed out about the taxes and shipping would the difference be worth it? Thatīs all I mean nath!:)

O sorry misunderstood! Someone is there and MIGHT be able to bring one back with him. That's why we did consider this. I don't think I'd take the risk having something like that shipped over to Tenerife (unless we'd be using something like FedEx or other courier service). And with them you are certain to have to pay all sort of taxes you are right!

churnlobster
11-12-2011, 19:35
another thing to consider as pointed out in an earlier post, is if it develops a problem and have to ship it back to supplier in the States, If you buy in Santa Cruz, its just 40 mins to take it back for repair.

O sorry misunderstood! Someone is there and MIGHT be able to bring one back with him. That's why we did consider this. I don't think I'd take the risk having something like that shipped over to Tenerife (unless we'd be using something like FedEx or other courier service). And with them you are certain to have to pay all sort of taxes you are right!

CIM
11-12-2011, 22:00
Another thing to consider is what a rip off they are.
Upgrade from 16GB (which is useless as storage) to 32GB (which still aint much) so all in a measly 16GB extra, the cost to you - 100€!!!??
Absolute rip off - no excuse for that kind of pricing. It would be far better if you could buy one with low memory and simply upgrade it yourself.
I am going to buy a tablet, but like my phone, it will be Android powered, open and upgradeable.

timmylish
11-12-2011, 22:29
Thank the heavens above that someone, other than me, on here sees the point of NOT getting an Apple!

nath
11-12-2011, 22:37
Another thing to consider is what a rip off they are.
Upgrade from 16GB (which is useless as storage) to 32GB (which still aint much) so all in a measly 16GB extra, the cost to you - 100€!!!??
Absolute rip off - no excuse for that kind of pricing. It would be far better if you could buy one with low memory and simply upgrade it yourself.
I am going to buy a tablet, but like my phone, it will be Android powered, open and upgradeable.

Try telling my OH not to get a new one haha! I am still trying to convince him to wait until the next one will be released. I think I read somewhere it won't be too long...

I must say I had 2 iPhones and did not like the iPhone 4 so decided to get the Galaxy S2 instead... Never again, I really don't like it at all!! And my so well organized contact list/address book is all messed up once I tried to sync the Android with my iMac. Can't read the display when outside (due to the sun, and on iPhone 4 this is not a problem). I can go on for a while longer (but won't don't worry!). Just saying, I am going back to Apple and will be staying faithful after this "lesson"!

karinagal
12-12-2011, 01:33
Thank the heavens above that someone, other than me, on here sees the point of NOT getting an Apple!

Oh I can SEE the point, after all I've used hubby's Galaxy tab often enough and he absolutely loves it. I've resisted the iPad for quite a while now and had no intention of buying one.. Getting one for a significant birthday is my excuse.. I've been into various stores and had a look at the competition - which is varied and very worthy - but it comes down to one thing.. there is more out there in the way of apps etc for Apple than there is for Android.. and the huge deciding factor for me was that we have a barrow load of stuff that is Apple compatible (accessories, chargers, speakers etc)..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ali marshall
12-12-2011, 08:34
I didn't know that! But someone would bring it back from the US with him so luckily this won't apply this time. I did however just bought a pair of shoes through ebay which will be shipped from the US, curious to see now if I will have to pay charges. Hope not, that makes buying from ebay a lot less interesting....

I purchased a teddy off ebay from the states,and when it arrived it had not been opened by customs.

nath
12-12-2011, 08:58
Oh I can SEE the point, after all I've used hubby's Galaxy tab often enough and he absolutely loves it. I've resisted the iPad for quite a while now and had no intention of buying one.. Getting one for a significant birthday is my excuse.. I've been into various stores and had a look at the competition - which is varied and very worthy - but it comes down to one thing.. there is more out there in the way of apps etc for Apple than there is for Android.. and the huge deciding factor for me was that we have a barrow load of stuff that is Apple compatible (accessories, chargers, speakers etc)..
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

And... I SORTA understand how to jailbreak apple products (wonder if it will work again on iOS5...). That makes it for LOADS of more available free apps!! Hardly anything on my Galaxy now!!

Suej
12-12-2011, 12:52
I purchased a teddy off ebay from the states,and when it arrived it had not been opened by customs.

Trouble is Ali you canīt guarantee that the parcel will not be opened! itīs still a risk with something as expensive as a Ipad or similar!:)

Happy Days
12-12-2011, 18:45
Was just in the states and found out (on my last day there!) that i-phone 4 16gb were 199 dollars in the i-store. Network free!

And the only problem was...you had to order a day in advance!!

...yes, still ****** off :(

nath
12-12-2011, 19:35
Was just in the states and found out (on my last day there!) that i-phone 4 16gb were 199 dollars in the i-store. Network free!

And the only problem was...you had to order a day in advance!!

...yes, still ****** off :(

O.. No!!!!! That is terrible!!! You must have been really ****** off yes! Which model was this?