PDA

View Full Version : Other Can anyone name the street of this derelict property in San Cristóbal de La Laguna?

beerfan
11-12-2011, 19:14
Photo:

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8813/p1170336r.jpg

It's near the town centre in any case.

Cheers.

imablue
11-12-2011, 21:36
calle de aguja y pajar..!:cheeky:

Ecky Thump
11-12-2011, 22:33
Sorry no, but I am sure we could have a discussion on the merits of a picture of a derelict building.;)

calle de aguja y pajar..!:cheeky:

I have just translated what you wrote, quite apt.:spin:

beerfan
11-12-2011, 22:54
I have just translated what you wrote, quite apt.:spin:

True enough; that's why I asked here considering you're all supposed to be experts on Tenerife who think you need months there in order to vaguely understand the place so I thought you'd easily know such a question. :P

The main clues I'm looking for are things like buildings and so on as it helps me "work my way" around the city on Google Street View, making it easy to identify places and such.

It's actually listed in the photo as Calle de Juan de Vera, 8 but it looks so different in this photo compared to the one taken on Google Street View that I didn't even recognise it!

Ecky Thump
11-12-2011, 23:15
True enough; that's why I asked here considering you're all supposed to be experts on Tenerife who think you need months there in order to vaguely understand the place so I thought you'd easily know such a question. :P

The main clues I'm looking for are things like buildings and so on as it helps me "work my way" around the city on Google Street View, making it easy to identify places and such.

It's actually listed in the photo as Calle de Juan de Vera, 8 but it looks so different in this photo compared to the one taken on Google Street View that I didn't even recognise it!

I certainly dont recognise it, although I may have walked along the pavement and past that door in one of my many visits to Tenerife, but as there are hundreds of similar doors sited throughout Tenerife that have no particular architectural interest to me, it failed to enter my memory bank.:)

slodgedad
11-12-2011, 23:36
Looks a bit like my house, but I don't live in La Laguna...:sorry:

beerfan
11-12-2011, 23:36
Fair enough.

imablue
12-12-2011, 11:07
i hope my post didn,t put a spoke in the wheel (as they say)....Beerfan...
as has been pointed out many towns and villages on the island are very similar...
and i think it would be like looking for the proverbial needle/haystack ...
your threads have been very interesting ..keep up the good work....:c2:

Sundowner
12-12-2011, 12:50
[QUOTE=beerfan;124844]True enough; that's why I asked here considering you're all supposed to be experts on Tenerife who think you need months there in order to vaguely understand the place so I thought you'd easily know such a question. :P

It is 8 Calle de Juan de Vera 38201 San Cristobal de La Laguna. In the street view you can see where they have repaired the bottom of the wall and number 8. It is the part between Calle Capitan Brotons and Calle San Agustin.
http://san-cristobal-de-la-laguna.callejero.net/calle-de-juan-de-vera.html

beerfan
12-12-2011, 14:14
[QUOTE=beerfan;124844]True enough; that's why I asked here considering you're all supposed to be experts on Tenerife who think you need months there in order to vaguely understand the place so I thought you'd easily know such a question. :P

It is 8 Calle de Juan de Vera 38201 San Cristobal de La Laguna. In the street view you can see where they have repaired the bottom of the wall and number 8. It is the part between Calle Capitan Brotons and Calle San Agustin.
http://san-cristobal-de-la-laguna.callejero.net/calle-de-juan-de-vera.html

I found it in the end. It looks quite different from the version on Google Street View. And thanks for your help.