PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a graphics card for PC in North Tenerife?

mlun
13-12-2011, 14:52
I need graphics card with HDMI for my computer. In Denmark where I live I normally would order this online, and get it with the mail the following day. But what do you do down here? Have tried in Al Campo, Mediamarkt and such places, but they don't sell accessories.

Vortex Wake
13-12-2011, 15:02
Don't forget that you may be able to use an HDMI adaptor that plugs into your computers USB port.

churnlobster
13-12-2011, 16:06
I need graphics card with HDMI for my computer. In Denmark where I live I normally would order this online, and get it with the mail the following day. But what do you do down here? Have tried in Al Campo, Mediamarkt and such places, but they don't sell accessories.

I have a number of Graphics cards with DVI out which with a DVI to HDMI lead will give you what you want, but it depends on which slots you have available in the PC.
I have AGP and PCIE graphic cards.
Let me know if you are interested and i will let you know what model cards i have

mlun
13-12-2011, 16:38
I have a number of Graphics cards with DVI out which with a DVI to HDMI lead will give you what you want, but it depends on which slots you have available in the PC.
Let me know if you are interested and i will let you know what model cards i have
Indeed I might be interested if price is correct. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't quite understand why you use a DVI-card combined with a lead rather than a HDMI-card? Is that due to price/availability?
Have a PC with a large cabinet (ie not slim cabinet) for your info - relatively new Compaq with W7.

churnlobster
13-12-2011, 16:58
Indeed I might be interested if price is correct. Forgive my ignorance, but I don't quite understand why you use a DVI-card combined with a lead rather than a HDMI-card? Is that due to price/availability?
Have a PC with a large cabinet (ie not slim cabinet) for your info - relatively new Compaq with W7.

You can buy a graphics card with HDMI socket built in but over here i think you would find it hard to find. But with a graphics card with a DVI socket which is much more common and you can get a cable DVI to HDMI from ANY of the chinese or electrical outlets on the high street here such as Visanti in Las Americas, What model number is your PC and i can check what slots you have on the motherboard?

mlun
13-12-2011, 17:09
Ah - please notice that I am in Puerto de la Cruz. You write "Visanta in Las Americas". Don't want to drive all the way down there. Sorry for any misunderstanding here!

churnlobster
13-12-2011, 17:21
Ah - please notice that I am in Puerto de la Cruz. You write "Visanta in Las Americas". Don't want to drive all the way down there. Sorry for any misunderstanding here!

Ok. no problem.
Try here, but make sure you have a PCI-E slot 1st
http://www.ebuyer.com/264008-asus-hd-5450-silent-1gb-ddr2-dvi-vga-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-eah5450silentdi-1gd2

beerfan
13-12-2011, 17:46
You might be better buying it online as you would in Denmark. A lot of places will ship worldwide or are more than happy to ship to Spain. Check before ordering though.

mlun
13-12-2011, 18:55
Thanks to you all. Will probably buy in Denmark, as I would also expect possible issues with the customs here in Spain when the parcel arrives. Further to this I have noticed that everytime someone have had deliveries for us they have driven confused around in the area.

canarybird
13-12-2011, 20:30
You might try calling Multinet (in Puerto de la Cruz) whom I´ve been using for many years for our custom built PCs.
They might have one or be able to get one for you.

They´re at Ctra. General La Vera 5 , Edificio Piedras Blancas, which is a red building on the left as you pass through La Vera (after getting past the roundabout that leads left to El Campo) shortly before you turn left to go up to El Monasterio.

http://canarybird.smugmug.com/Other/Miscellaneous-1/i-pJVZxGR/0/M/snap0153-M.jpg

Phone 922 37 53 02 after 9:30 am. Email: lavera@multinetcanarias.com

Speak to David or Kai (rhymes with Sky).

Canarybird

dixie4
13-12-2011, 22:56

Visanta have two branches in Puerto de la Cruz

timmylish
14-12-2011, 15:44
Go where my computer was built. They carry an extensive range of GPU,s with HDMI conex. I,ve got an HD 5770 and run two independent screens and various other stuff thru it. I would have bought a higher end card but when building from scratch money was of the highest relevance.
http://www.syswer.com/index.php,
I,ll get their address in a minute.
Its c/l Ramon y Cajal, Santa Cruz, right in the city centre. Look at googlemaps and you,ll find the street no bother. Good luck!

mlun
14-12-2011, 15:55
Tried to go to Multinet as suggested by Canarybird, and they gave me a very fine service indeed! I found out though, that my motherboard does not have PCI-Express but for some strange reason Mini PCI-Express. Then suddenly the possibilities are very limited, and have therefore decided that I'll buy it when I am in Denmark.
Multinet gave me a full refund of the card I bought without any problems, and I had a great support from Kai. Can only recommend them to others that might need some kind of accessories in Puerto :)

markcuk
14-12-2011, 18:54
so does it have AGP then?

mlun
14-12-2011, 19:07
No AGP. Is this a must? Any specific model to recommend considering I'll just use it to send the PC-screen with streaming TV to my TV.

markcuk
14-12-2011, 19:46
well you need to know the correct bus type before you buy anthing.

http://www.diamondmm.com/howtobuyvideocard.php

if you need a pci card with hdmi your going to paying alot and you will be lucky to find anyone with stock.

Added after 35 minutes:

This will give you video but no sound over hdmi unless your card as a spdif option.

KirstyJay
14-12-2011, 21:28
Why not order one off Amazon or Ebay? It'd probably be easier. :)

timmylish
15-12-2011, 02:13
Did you not try SysWer? They carry a large stock, as I explained. Full cards and mini ones.

mlun
15-12-2011, 07:51
Thanks - will try to go to Syswer. Can see they have a dept. in Ramón y Cajal, 4 38003, Santa Cruz and in Av. Juan Carlos I, S/N, 38650 , PLAYA DE LOS CRISTIANOS.
Does the dept. in Santa Cruz carry full stock?

timmylish
16-12-2011, 01:35
LC closed at the start of the year and the business is now fully concentrated in SC at the address I gave and you have referred to. I have already said, twice, that they carry a large stock!